• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, way out west jambo said:

A proven goal scorer that’s going to be available on a potential free transfer... for the fans that don’t want him back here’s another way of looking at it..

what other strikers are out there that will be better than Lafferty and available on a free transfer? 

If we put lafferty up front next season he’ll score a double figure amount of goals. We know he can do it. Any other potential free transfers are a complete gamble. Lafferty’s actually the safest bet.

The problem is he has probably lost his motivation to score as many again.

He is back to old habits and is obviously on a downward spiral in his career and possibly his personal life.

Plus that season with us might have been a one off because he certainly didn't do it all through his career.

It doesn't really matter anyway as I have mentioned a few times he is not coming back to Hearts under any circumstances.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Lafferty on 15k a week and then Aberdeen offering Djoum 6k a week ohh my sides ?????? kickback at its finest. 

What do you reckon Lafferty is on? Kevin Kyle got 7k a week out them or something daft like that and Davis and Defoe managed 40k/50k respectively. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

What do you reckon Lafferty is on? Kevin Kyle got 7k a week out them or something daft like that and Davis and Defoe managed 40k/50k respectively. 

Sorry for the link to the S*n..Seems Kyle was happy with 700 a week, Rangers offered 3x that. Could be bollocks of course.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2999370/rangers-kevin-kyle-wage-ally-mccoist/

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Sorry for the link to the S*n..Seems Kyle was happy with 700 a week, Rangers offered 3x that. Could be bollocks of course.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2999370/rangers-kevin-kyle-wage-ally-mccoist/

He said something on the Si Ferry podcast that was more about the actual figure. He’d gone in looking for £700 and the opening offer was something daft like 7k ?? basket case of a club. 

Bongo 1874
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Nowhere near these figures quoted. 

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He said something on the Si Ferry podcast that was more about the actual figure. He’d gone in looking for £700 and the opening offer was something daft like 7k ?? basket case of a club. 

I'm pretty sure it was around 2k a week with 1k appearance fee but I'm not sure where I'm remembering that from

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Lafferty went to the huns for more money so I can see him sitting tight, picking up his £15k per week and running down his contract. I can't see him coming back to us for likely half the wages.

Maybe a loan deal more likely, with us paying half his wages. 

Hearts wouldn’t pay half his wages if it’s true the scumbags are still due us money from the transfer fee.

HeartsInMyBlood

No thanks. He got a ton of support from us when he was here....but couldn't leave fast enough when sevco came calling.

That's plenty.

We have since signed an alter active striker and I'd rather see CL get him fit and playing than seeing us just to revert to lafferty.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard lafferty met with budge a few weeks ago asking to come back when he found out he was allowed to leave rangers 

21 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I heard lafferty met with budge a few weeks ago asking to come back when he found out he was allowed to leave rangers 

Probably better meeting Mr Levein.

Oh well.

Bridge of Djoum
32 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Did ye, aye?

was there a large rabbit smoking a Marlboro light in the background?

My kids were watching the goals from

last season earlier. His goal against Celtic was a great striker’s instinct. We never replaced that after he left. 

Edited by Snedescu

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Snedescu said:

last season earlier. His goal against Celtic was a great striker’s instinct. We never replaced that after he left. 

Wish someone had brought this up before now. 

16 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Did ye, aye?

was there a large rabbit smoking a Marlboro light in the background?

I was whether it’s nonesense or not I was told by someone who works at the club was also told that a former player/recently retired legend was coming back in some role to work at the club time will tell on that one 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I was whether it’s nonesense or not I was told by someone who works at the club was also told that a former player/recently retired legend was coming back in some role to work at the club time will tell on that one 

So what we are to take from this is the fact you believe everything you’re told. 

Mate, wanna buy a bridge?

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So what we are to take from this is the fact you believe everything you’re told. 

Mate, wanna buy a bridge?

You take whatever you want from it “mate” just passing on information I have been told

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

You take whatever you want from it “mate” just passing on information I have been told

Alright, Streaky. Don’t Macaroni your pants. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No thanks, he’s an absolute weapon.

Yeah, we don't need his 19 goals. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What about his ball busting wage demands ?

Big Slim Stylee

Not knocking his goals for us but I’m not convinced he’s the type of frontman we’re looking for.

Oh and you can add the fact that Levein was glad to see the back of him.

Cruyff Turn
36 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, because he’s the only striker on the planet that can score goals. ?‍♂️

The guy has no class whatsoever, not fit to wear the jersey. A bad apple. Wouldn’t want him near this club again. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

jamtartan74

He’s a bad influence on our support, well the young team that like all the big bad songs, he was, indirectly I must add, a big part of that uprising imo ? shame as I grew to like the 7ft goal machine as well. Oh well. 

3 hours ago, Snedescu said:

Imo few if any other strikers in our orbit could have scored that.  It's the main reason I would be happy to seem him return.

Top quality at his best.  He will also know what treatment he will get from levein if he does  a vanacek.

If it was my call I would take him over Shankland any day of the week.

jamtartan74
18 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

We need him At present based on the last 28 league games’We are in the relegation zone.

? brilliant, in close season we need him because we are in the relegation zone, shiiiiiiiiiiiit man bring him back before we end up relegated ? 

7 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I’ll not be obnoxious mate.  

If what you’re saying is true, and while Levein deals with acquiring players,  it might make sense he also met Budge after she helped him through his well documented troubles.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye, because he’s the only striker on the planet that can score goals. ?‍♂️

The guy has no class whatsoever, not fit to wear the jersey. A bad apple. Wouldn’t want him near this club again. 

Well we seem to find it hard to get one of these easy to come by strikers who can score 19 a season. Could you maybe tell CL where to find one? 

As for his personality, I couldn't care less as long as he scores goals for Hearts. 

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

What about his ball busting wage demands ?

He comes back on our terms, not his. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Well we seem to find it hard to get one of these easy to come by strikers who can score 19 a season. Could you maybe tell CL where to find one? 

As for his personality, I couldn't care less as long as he scores goals for Hearts. 

Never heard much about him being disruptive around the club when he was with us? 

You can’t do much to control what he does away from the park but that may influence whether you sign him/get rid etc...

He seemed to like Hearts and was settled until the Huns got interested. 

A_A wehatethehibs

If Motherwell sign him they will be the Kilmarnock of next season finishing 3rd or 4th with Hearts in 5th or 6th again. 

We are a team which outside Steven Naismith do not have any player capable of getting more than 3-5 goals per season. There is nobody in their right mind who wouldn’t have Lafferty back when you look at how bad our goalscoring is across a dozen final 3rd players in our squad striker, winger and midfield.

7 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Alright, Streaky. Don’t Macaroni your pants. 

Surely after all the videos/footage you’ve seen of Lafferty, you’d take him back no ?

I’d have him back in a heartbeat. 

been here before
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If Motherwell sign him they will be the Kilmarnock of next season finishing 3rd or 4th with Hearts in 5th or 6th again. 

We are a team which outside Steven Naismith do not have any player capable of getting more than 3-5 goals per season. There is nobody in their right mind who wouldn’t have Lafferty back when you look at how bad our goalscoring is across a dozen final 3rd players in our squad striker, winger and midfield.

Yet Haring, McLean, Lee, Uche, Clare and Bozanic all managed to do just that despite some lengthy injuries. 

Djoum also managed it.

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

We need him At present based on the last 28 league games’We are in the relegation zone.

Thank god we avoided the relegation zone but staying in the top 6 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Yet Haring, McLean, Lee, Uche, Clare and Bozanic all managed to do just that despite some lengthy injuries. 

Djoum also managed it.

League goals should have said - as that excludes goals against shite non league sides in the cups.

League stats:

Uche Ikpeazu 3 goals in 17 apps

Stephen Maclean 3 goals in 25 apps

Jake Mulraney 1 goal in 21 apps

Sean Clare 3 goals in 28 apps

Olly Lee 3 goals in 31 apps

Oliver Bozanic 3 goals in 25 apps 

Arnaud Djoum 3 goals in 32 apps

Calumn Morrison 1 goal in 25 apps

Aidan Keena 0 goals in 5 apps

David Vanacek 0 goals in 5 apps

Harry Cochrane 0 goals in 8 apps

Edwards 0 goals in 4 apps

All outscored by defensive midfielder Haring with 5

Thats all of our options for the final 3rd

I believe lafferty got 14 or 15 league goals

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

been here before
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

League goals should have said - as that excludes goals against shite non league sides in the cups.

League stats:

Uche Ikpeazu 3 goals in 17 apps

Stephen Maclean 3 goals in 25 apps

Jake Mulraney 1 goal in 21 apps

Sean Clare 3 goals in 28 apps

Olly Lee 3 goals in 31 apps

Oliver Bozanic 3 goals in 25 apps 

Arnaud Djoum 3 goals in 32 apps

Calumn Morrison 1 goal in 25 apps

Aidan Keena 0 goals in 5 apps

David Vanacek 0 goals in 5 apps

Harry Cochrane 0 goals in 8 apps

Edwards 0 goals in 4 apps

All outscored by defensive midfielder Haring with 5

I believe lafferty got 14 or 15 league goals

All you've done there is just confirm my post.

Theres 7 players there with 3-5 goals.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, been here before said:

I said MORE than 3-5 goals 

3 is a PATHETIC goalscoring total for attacking players you need at least 3 or 4 guys who are getting close to double figures 10 goals 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

The other poster said more than 3-5

been here before
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

The other poster said more than 3-5

So whats that then? 

4 or 6+

But not 3 or 5?

Edited by been here before

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

We?