Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

The Treasurer

I watched his interview on STV last night and what I understood was that his contract at Norwich hasn't run out yet so he can't sign (for us or anyone else) until that comes to an end.

The way he was talking about OUR squad seemed to suggest he will be part of that. Also interesting to hear his views on the type of player we need.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I watched his interview on STV last night and what I understood was that his contract at Norwich hasn't run out yet so he can't sign (for us or anyone else) until that comes to an end.

The way he was talking about OUR squad seemed to suggest he will be part of that. Also interesting to hear his views on the type of player we need.

I think he knows that we are going to be active in bringing in some quality during this window. I have no doubt that our ambitions in that respect have been discussed with him. 

the general
11 hours ago, Barack said:

That, and something else.

But I won't mention it, as it'll spark a debate off that doesn't need to happen. I'll keep my counsel on it.

Keep your powder dry lad tempting as it is 

11 hours ago, Barack said:

But I won't mention it, as it'll spark a debate off that doesn't need to happen. I'll keep my counsel on it.

Why mention it at all then ?

colinmaroon
14 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

If people could just read this over and over, until it gets stuck in their heads, it would probably save a lot of pointless gibbering on this thread. 

Exactly!  It doesn't matter how often you tell the truth, some just WILL not hear.

Famous 1874

May have already been mentioned but his name is available to add to your strip when pre ordering 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not sure how many "coded" messages the balding albino Prince can issue, that can make it any more obvious without dumping his 150k down the drain

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, Barack said:

:interehjrling:

Heartsofgold
12 hours ago, Barack said:

Mr President, being the nosey bugger that I am, I'll take a PM with the 'something else'.  ?

FarmerTweedy
On 06/06/2019 at 11:43, 80bob said:

I think there are various factors going on 

the contractural agreement 

SN waiting to see what the back room set will be if a coaching role is on the table, given you have Austin, JD and LF.

JD and LF waiting to see what Craig’s plan is for them if SN get a coaching role as part of the deal.

I'm not ITK in any way, but I think everything's probably agreed, and it's just a case of pretending that it's not all agreed until after he's got his 13th month payment from Norwich, just in case Norwich tried to get out of it by arguing there's a verbal contract in place or something!

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm not sure how many "coded" messages the balding albino Prince can issue, that can make it any more obvious without dumping his 150k down the drain

:rofl:

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not ITK in any way, but I think everything's probably agreed, and it's just a case of pretending that it's not all agreed until after he's got his 13th month payment from Norwich, just in case Norwich tried to get out of it by arguing there's a verbal contract in place or something!

??

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Mr President, being the nosey bugger that I am, I'll take a PM with the 'something else'.  ?

Wouldn't mind one as well :greggy:

Trying to work it out but cant :facepalm:

Inch Hearts
18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, because Premier League Norwich, with their new found £100,s of Millions will be sitting there awaiting the return of a player they gave to us for 18months for sod all and will be completely fooled with having to pay buttons to a player who will then sign a permanent here? 

Norwich “Hi Steven, see you back here in July?”

Naisy “yessssss of course you will Norwich”

Or something like that?

Norwich won’t give a shit about paying £100k loyalty to a player they bombed out as soon as they could making it known he had no future there in a very un-loyal manner.  

Saying that the deal is probably done but I find it hard to believe we haven’t confirmed he’s coming back just to kid on Norwich. 

Bazzas right boot

Getting a bit nervous now tbh. 

If he doesn’t sign, he's a orange, money grabbing bald heeded twat who's legs have gone and not worth the money. 

If he signs, he's the best Scottish player in Scotland and if fit could see us grab second. 

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yes, because Premier League Norwich, with their new found £100,s of Millions will be sitting there awaiting the return of a player they gave to us for 18months for sod all and will be completely fooled with having to pay buttons to a player who will then sign a permanent here? 

Norwich “Hi Steven, see you back here in July?”

Naisy “yessssss of course you will Norwich”

Or something like that?

Norwich won’t give a shit about paying £100k loyalty to a player they bombed out as soon as they could making it known he had no future there in a very un-loyal manner.  

Saying that the deal is probably done but I find it hard to believe we haven’t confirmed he’s coming back just to kid on Norwich. 

I assume If we confirmed it I assume he would be in breach of contract - we wouldn’t knowingly create that situation

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I assume If we confirmed it I assume he would be in breach of contract - we wouldn’t knowingly create that situation

What is the difference between Naismith signing a pre-contract and Olly Lee last year? Or Haulket Barr and Black?  Or even just saying he will be back next year when his contract is finished with Norwich?  I just don’t see the Norwich equivalent of Mr Burns watching every interview ready for a slip up so they don’t pay £100k to a guy they’ve already paid million to over 4 years and just won their league. 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

What is the difference between Naismith signing a pre-contract and Olly Lee last year? Or Haulket Barr and Black?  Or even just saying he will be back next year when his contract is finished with Norwich?  I just don’t see the Norwich equivalent of Mr Burns watching every interview ready for a slip up so they don’t pay £100k to a guy they’ve already paid million to over 4 years and just won their league. 

Thats a good question and I don’t know the answer!

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Mr Burns would stiff you for a cent never mind £100k.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Mr Burns would stiff you for a cent never mind £100k.

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

“Release the hounds”. That’s aww we **** need :lol: 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Different league in terms of contracts ! Naismith was on big bucks and his contract has big payment at the end 

scott herbertson
51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Different league in terms of contracts ! Naismith was on big bucks and his contract has big payment at the end 

The question was why don’t Hearts or Naismith just state he will be joining us after the end of the contract.

my guesses are 1) danger if stating of triggering tapping up while still under contract rules (saves us talkingwith Norwich before the end of his contract if we wait until it lapses) 2) he’s being released with the pay off earlier than the original contract end date and any announcement would t sit well with that contractually

but these are just guesses. Agents and contract lawyers will make better guesses, but for whatever reason I trust the club and player are doing this the right way.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If he doesn’t sign, he's a orange, money grabbing bald heeded twat who's legs have gone and not worth the money. 

If he signs, he's the best Scottish player in Scotland and if fit should see us grab first or second. 

?

Inch Hearts
57 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I’m sure in terms of money,  Luton town paying out Olly Lee any money at the end of his contract would be the equivalent of what Norwich are due Naismith.  I can’t see for one second Norwich being difficult to deal with if the player announces that he’s joining us.  Steven Davis would have been the same ending his contract with Southampton on probably more money than Naismith is Norwich, it hasn’t stopped him and the huns announcing he’s back there permanently when his contract ends.

I dont understand why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist here. He is signing for us and the reason its not been announced yet has been confirmed on this thread many times.

As I have already posted on here some time ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Naismith and his wift at the POTY awards. They told me at the time that they wanted to remain in Scotland as their daughter had just started Primary 1 and they didnt want to pull her out of school to move somewhere else. Naismith also confirmed he was really enjoying his football at Hearts. Steven's wife is a dentist and she wanted to continue to work in Scotland and wanted to be with her family (in Scotland).

My only worry was that Rangers would maybe come sniffing about but its been confirmed that they are not interested (not saying that Naismith would have gone there even if they were).

So can we all just relax and look forward to seeing him with the scarf above his head on the official website at the end of the month,

Edited by Lambo85

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

My understanding is the payment is based on being unattached. It is effectively an extra months wage while you find a club. Therefore signing for a club in advance means you have secured a contract.

As SN would be taking a significant drop in wages between his current employer and us, it makes sense for him to hold off and quite right to do so. 

Lee etc would have been increasing their wages. 

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

My understanding is the payment is based on being unattached. It is effectively an extra months wage while you find a club. Therefore signing for a club in advance means you have secured a contract.

As SN would be taking a significant drop in wages between his current employer and us, it makes sense for him to hold off and quite right to do so. 

Lee etc would have been increasing their wages. 

And Steven Davis?  Sorry it’s just hard to understand why Davis would be happy to lose £50pw for a month just to excitedly announce he was joining the huns on completion of contract.

Lee does sound more plausible though. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If he signs, he's the best Scottish player in Scotland and if fit could see us grab second. 

If he signs, he signs. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Either way we still need to sign a couple of decent players in attacking positions, with or without Naismith.

I'm not too bothered whether he signs or not, great if he does don't get me wrong but, if not....oh well, thanks for the memories.

Edited by jambonian

13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

And Steven Davis?  Sorry it’s just hard to understand why Davis would be happy to lose £50pw for a month just to excitedly announce he was joining the huns on completion of contract.

Lee does sound more plausible though. 

I suppose it would depend on the terms of the loan before Davis contract ran out.

I am only going by the bits I have been told, which I posted before about if we qualified for Europe the situation would have had to change and we would have agreed something else, but since we lost the final that’s not the case. So it’s a sit in and wait but he will be a Hearts player. 

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

I suppose it would depend on the terms of the loan before Davis contract ran out.

I am only going by the bits I have been told, which I posted before about if we qualified for Europe the situation would have had to change and we would have agreed something else, but since we lost the final that’s not the case. So it’s a sit in and wait but he will be a Hearts player. 

No problem mate.  He’s key to everything we do so a wee bit agitation isn’t that much of a bad thing.  Sorry for coming over all Lanarkshire to you ?

Perhaps the huns making Europe means it made no difference as they needed to change stuff also. 

FarmerTweedy

11 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

What is the difference between Naismith signing a pre-contract and Olly Lee last year? Or Haulket Barr and Black?  Or even just saying he will be back next year when his contract is finished with Norwich?  I just don’t see the Norwich equivalent of Mr Burns watching every interview ready for a slip up so they don’t pay £100k to a guy they’ve already paid million to over 4 years and just won their league. 

None of those others you mentioned are due £150k from Norwich if they're unemployed after their contracts with their current employers come to an end. How the feck can you still be oblivious to that after all that's been posted on this thread?

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’m sure in terms of money,  Luton town paying out Olly Lee any money at the end of his contract would be the equivalent of what Norwich are due Naismith.  I can’t see for one second Norwich being difficult to deal with if the player announces that he’s joining us.  Steven Davis would have been the same ending his contract with Southampton on probably more money than Naismith is Norwich, it hasn’t stopped him and the huns announcing he’s back there permanently when his contract ends.

You actually think Olly Lee signed for Hearts for wages of somewhere in the region of 10%-15% of what he had been getting paid at Luton??????????????????

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

The question was why don’t Hearts or Naismith just state he will be joining us after the end of the contract.

my guesses are 1) danger if stating of triggering tapping up while still under contract rules (saves us talkingwith Norwich before the end of his contract if we wait until it lapses) 2) he’s being released with the pay off earlier than the original contract end date and any announcement would t sit well with that contractually

but these are just guesses. Agents and contract lawyers will make better guesses, but for whatever reason I trust the club and player are doing this the right way.

The final payment from Norwich is reportedly only due if he's unemployed immediately after he leaves them. If he's signeda contract anywhere else before that, he's not due the payment.

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

No problem mate.  He’s key to everything we do so a wee bit agitation isn’t that much of a bad thing.  Sorry for coming over all Lanarkshire to you ?

Perhaps the huns making Europe means it made no difference as they needed to change stuff also. 

Maybe I'm getting agitated about people getting agitated!  The reality with Davis is probably that a) he's not taking anything like as big a wage drop as Naismith and b) if Davis delayed signing for the huns, there's much more danger for him that they'd end up turning their attentions elsewhere. There's absolutely no possibility that Hearts would suddenly find someone we'd rather sign than Naismith!

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Heard he wants assurances the corners will be filled in........

He demanded two tunnels too, one for him and one for everyone else.

C98DB547-2E29-423D-82F7-2D555ABB7E40.jpeg

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The final payment from Norwich is reportedly only due if he's unemployed immediately after he leaves them. If he's signeda contract anywhere else before that, he's not due the payment.

That seems to be the situation. Strange clause though.

scott herbertson
18 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Odd, but thanks for clearing that up

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Imo this is peanuts.  If Norwich make an issue of it, we should pay it.

Might be peanuts to Norwich but £150k is certainly not peanuts to us.

Jambof3tornado
18 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You actually think Olly Lee signed for Hearts for wages of somewhere in the region of 10%-15% of what he had been getting paid at Luton??????????????????

How accurate are those figures? 

Unknown user
On 07/06/2019 at 12:50, Inch Hearts said:

About 150k

Unknown user

When Norwich signed Naismith they were pushing the boat out. I don't know footballers' contracts but just because he had a 13th month clause it doesn't necessarily mean everyone gets one, unless there's some rule I don't know about. Maybe it's just there as a wee loyalty payment, part of the package they put together to convince him to sign. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Imo this is peanuts.  If Norwich make an issue of it, we should pay it.

Can’t agree with one word of that Doug, sorry.

It’s not ‘peanuts’ to Hearts.

We probably won’t pay that.

’Issue’ is the word of the moment.  No more.  There will be a new ‘hip’ word along shortly.

Mr Elwood P
On 07/06/2019 at 12:50, Inch Hearts said:

Olly Lee and Halkett were both offered contract extensions by their respective clubs. Quite obvious that you can’t reject a contract and then get an extra months wages for being unemployed. Naismith hasn’t been offered a contract at Norwich so is due a 13th month payment for being effectively unemployed. 

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Can’t agree with one word of that Doug, sorry.

It’s not ‘peanuts’ to Hearts.

We probably won’t pay that.

’Issue’ is the word of the moment.  No more.  There will be a new ‘hip’ word along shortly.

If were to lose Naismith for the sake of £150,000 it would be a crime imo so we're poles apart here.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If were to lose Naismith for the sake of £150,000 it would be a crime imo so we're poles apart here.

Fine.

What I'm taking from this thread is that English football is swimming in cash, even a crappy league like the Championship. 150k payoffs just because a player becomes unemployed? No wonder we have to mostly scratch around League One and Two for players from England, the odd exception who wants to come back to Scotland aside. The whole English football bubble is going to pop big style sometime.