Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If he signs great, if not we move on. Revolving next seaaon around him, after this season's injuries , is not advisable . 

And there is the pragmatic, honest approach we need. He is a big gamble playing time wise now and we cannot be left with passengers and apologists like last season if he is out injured alot. 

Want to see Haring come thro his tough yr and take this team by scruff of neck.

11 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Mate, how can you still be biting/getting wound up by the jokers questions? :lol: 

Ah, my stalker returns.

He seemed to be taking a potshot at the club, which he is entitled to do, but I was wondering what other clubs had heavyweight people in the Boardroom.  My reason for asking is whether these clubs had prospered on the field by having them there and what added value did they bring?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah, my stalker returns.

He seemed to be taking a potshot at the club, which he is entitled to do, but I was wondering what other clubs had heavyweight people in the Boardroom.  My reason for asking is whether these clubs had prospered on the field by having them there and what added value did they bring?

Only big football names I can think of at boardroom level in Scotland in recent years are:

John Greig - Huns

Willie Miller - Sheep

Leishman - Livi/Pars?

Don’t think Kenny was ever in the boardroom at Celtic. DoF non executive Director, or something?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Only big football names I can think of at boardroom level in Scotland in recent years are:

John Greig - Huns

Willie Miller - Sheep

Leishman - Livi/Pars?

Don’t think Kenny was ever in the boardroom at Celtic. DoF non executive Director, or something?

Football people tend not be particularly good at running businesses. Ask Willie Miller. ?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Football people tend not be particularly good at running businesses. Ask Willie Miller. ?

Yep. Levein is pretty unique in that sense. ?

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Michael Stewart would argue that point. 

davemclaren
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

He would say Willie is a good businessman? ?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He would say Willie is a good businessman? ?

If it somehow reflected badly on CL you betya.  He’s a very successful businessman though (Mikey not that prick miller) 

26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

But Michael Stewart is not on a football Board.

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If it somehow reflected badly on CL you betya.  He’s a very successful businessman though (Mikey not that prick miller) 

I know. There are exceptions. ?

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But Michael Stewart is not on a football Board.

He would be ideal on the board though. 

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Would be a good csndidate for Chief Exec, Inch.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Is that a fact or your very humble opinion?

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that a fact or your very humble opinion?

Well it can’t be a matter of fact if it hasn’t happened yet can it?  Do you write questionnaires for a living?  And people constantly rip the Hamilton boy ffs. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I would hope that he would at least consider that in the future.  Boy has hearts at heart too.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
25 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He would, actually. Would most likely bring some accountability and ask questions.

Maybe that's the big news, Ann stepping aside and Stewart coming in to roll some heads? ?

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Well it can’t be a matter of fact if it hasn’t happened yet can it?  Do you write questionnaires for a living?  And people constantly rip the Hamilton boy ffs. 

When people write shite they should not object to being asked to provide clarification.  Asking questions for a living can be quite profitable whereas forecasting who will be a successful Board member is very much a lottery especially when they are divisive characters.

It seems that when you get stuck for a constructive reply, you chose to attack the poster rather than the post.  That is often the sign of a defeated person.  I also think you have no need to mention JiH who has played no part in this issue.   Absolutely uncalled for!

21 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I would hope that he would at least consider that in the future.  Boy has hearts at heart too.  

You start and then a group of others all join in... ?

Thats what you said to me, wasn’t it? Yet you either wilfully ignore or don’t realise it when happens with yourself. ?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

i wish jj was my dad
36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Trying too hard, Enzo. 

Mikey would start a fight in an empty house. Hardly CEO material.

Inch Hearts
15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You start and then a group of others all join in... ?

Thats what you said to me, wasn’t it? Yet you either wilfully ignore or don’t realise it when happens with yourself. ?

Not the same group of posters reply all the time though.  I’m out get back to ganging up on people that don’t share your views mate. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Apart from being a crap pundit what business does Michael Stewart run ?

Capital investment.  He’s a class pundit also. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Capital investment.  He’s a class pundit also. 

Didn't know that .

What's the name of his company ?

davemclaren
Just now, luckydug said:

Didn't know that .

What's the name of his company ?

Think he owns some houses iirc. 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Think he owns some houses iirc. 

He has more investment than just houses now mate.  Also waiting to run in the next Scottish parliamentary elections. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

He has more investment than just houses now mate.  Also waiting to run in the next Scottish parliamentary elections. 

Fair enough. I invest in cheap Hearts memorabilia and guitars. I’m sure the board will be in touch soon. ?

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He's tried to stand for election before and been passed over for more suitable candidates.

Do you have a link to his business activities ?

If he is so successful it shouldn't be hard.

I'm not just being nosy but if you are touting someone to be on Hearts board they would have to stand up to scrutiny.

10 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

All the more reason to keep the radge away from our club.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

John Greig - Huns

Willie Miller - Sheep

Leishman - Livi/Pars?

Wasn't Jim Jefferies on the board at one point?

When Levein was on the board at United he did very well. Apart from one season after he left -

where clearly his influence and legacy remained - they’ve fckd themselves since then.

So he’s got a track record of success having a board position previously blended in with management.

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Genuinely interested, what line of business is he in? Property was mentioned, but I presumed you didn’t mean buying houses to rent out.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. I invest in cheap Hearts memorabilia and guitars. I’m sure the board will be in touch soon. ?

Correct.  Enzo will propose you and Inchy will second your nomination.

Stewart is an irrelevance in this context and could not even win the SNP nomination for the 2015 Election.

Before my stalker intervened, the question I asked Enzo was

Which clubs have heavyweight football people on their Boards?

To that that you could add

What added value did they give to their club?

I am talking about currently on their Boards.

It is an easy question but if he cannot provide suitable examples (plural - one swallow does not a summer make) all he has to do is admit he was posting mischievous pish.

16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Stewart has a lot of experience of "waiting to run" to be fair.

But would you elect Stewart just because his houses and punditry got you erect?

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He's tried to stand for election before and been passed over for more suitable candidates.

Do you have a link to his business activities ?

If he is so successful it shouldn't be hard.

I'm not just being nosy but if you are touting someone to be on Hearts board they would have to stand up to scrutiny.

Leveins on the hearts board, based on what success? 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Stewart has a lot of experience of "waiting to run" to be fair.

But would you elect Stewart just because his houses and punditry got you erect?

Not at all, I would listen to his political views.  He wouldn’t be a yes man on a board either. 

Just a gentle reminder to the posters above who seem to have become confused, this thread is about Steven Naismith signing! It would be great if people who want to read about that dont have to scroll through 3 pages of complete and utter drivel to find out information!! Start a new bloody thread with your ridiculous conversation 

Edited by campbell

6 minutes ago, campbell said:

Just a gentle reminder to the posters above who seem to have become confused, this thread is about Steven Naismith signing! It would be great if people who want to read about that dont have to scroll through 3 pages of complete and utter drivel to find out information!! Start a new bloody thread with your ridiculous conversation 

So !

Steven Naismith !

What would you like to discuss? 

Any fresh news ?

The White Cockade
8 minutes ago, campbell said:

This

It's the silly season again

47 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Did he not already try that before with the SNP?

The boring back and forward with levein aside I actually quite like Mikey Stewart.  If the relationship wasn’t so sour he maybe could’ve had some sort of business role at hearts if he had wanted. 

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, campbell said:

There will be no news on SM until his contract at Norwich expires. 

Only 14 more days of this pish!

39 minutes ago, westbow said:

Genuinely interested, what line of business is he in? Property was mentioned, but I presumed you didn’t mean buying houses to rent out.

Has a flat in Rutland Place...!

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So !

Steven Naismith !

What would you like to discuss? 

Any fresh news ?

I personally have no news  but when people come on the forum and see “hot” under the thread it makes them think something has happened only to find out it’s a bunch of men trying to out score each other with who is “in the know” 

27 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

There will be no news on SM until his contract at Norwich expires. 

Only 14 more days of this pish!

His contract has very much expired, if the rumours are true he’s waiting on an extra months payment then he will sign, I’m guessing he can still train with us as 14 days is quite a bit after pre season starts 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, campbell said:

His contract has very much expired, if the rumours are true he’s waiting on an extra months payment then he will sign, I’m guessing he can still train with us as 14 days is quite a bit after pre season starts 

I stand corrected. 

Back to the arguing for me!