Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Inch Hearts
20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Olly Lee and Halkett were both offered contract extensions by their respective clubs. Quite obvious that you can’t reject a contract and then get an extra months wages for being unemployed. Naismith hasn’t been offered a contract at Norwich so is due a 13th month payment for being effectively unemployed. 

Steven Davis? 

Inch Hearts
46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What about him?

50k pw contract Southampton - announces ages ago he’s signing for Rangers next year.  Is that because he can just do without the money or what? 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

50k pw contract Southampton - announces ages ago he’s signing for Rangers next year.  Is that because he can just do without the money or what? 

Maybe he doesn’t have a 13th month clause in his contact. Maybe Southampton paid it regardless as he was their club captain. Maybe Rangers paid a substantial signing on fee? I asked another poster if the 13th month payment was compulsory as part of English football or just a clause inserted into Naismith’s contract but never got a response.

28 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe he doesn’t have a 13th month clause in his contact. Maybe Southampton paid it regardless as he was their club captain. Maybe Rangers paid a substantial signing on fee? I asked another poster if the 13th month payment was compulsory as part of English football or just a clause inserted into Naismith’s contract but never got a response.

My understanding is that it is compulsory and is intended as compensation to help the player if he is unemployed on termination of his contract.  That obviously hasn't happened with Davis as he signed on with Sevco in advance of his loan spell finishing and is, therefore, being paid "in the 13th month" by them.

Naisy might have done the same but by delaying signing for us, the 13 month payment will be made by Norwich which, in effect saves us a month's pay as his pay rate at Norwich will be much higher than ours.

That's how I see it but apologies if I'm wrong.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

My understanding is that it is compulsory and is intended as compensation to help the player if he is unemployed on termination of his contract.  That obviously hasn't happened with Davis as he signed on with Sevco in advance of his loan spell finishing and is, therefore, being paid "in the 13th month" by them.

Naisy might have done the same but by delaying signing for us, the 13 month payment will be made by Norwich which, in effect saves us a month's pay as his pay rate at Norwich will be much higher than ours.

That's how I see it but apologies if I'm wrong.

Perhaps it only applies to EFL teams and not to EPL teams? Not sure EPL players need a 13th month payment, although Naismith won't need it either. Made a fortune from football and his wife will earn a very good wage as a dentist.

17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps it only applies to EFL teams and not to EPL teams? Not sure EPL players need a 13th month payment, although Naismith won't need it either. Made a fortune from football and his wife will earn a very good wage as a dentist.

If we assume SN is on £30k per week at Norwich and we're going to pay him say £3k pw, by delaying signing he will receive £130 gross from them and it will save us over £13k for that magical 13th month.

If he had signed right away he would have lost (on these random figures) £117k gross.

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes, he has made a fortune from football and is set up for life. 

His wife has set up a new business in dentistry but Steven and her are not driven by money. 

They are people who care about helping folk who are not so fortunate in life as can be seen by his charity work. 

He will be signing for Hearts on a long term contract and folk still doubting this can relax. 

You could not meet nicer people and we should be grateful he has chosen Hearts to spend the rest of his career with and possibly. beyond that when he moves into msnagement/coaching. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

His wife has set up a new business in dentistry but Steven and her are not driven by money. 

They are people who care about helping folk who are not so fortunate in life as can be seen by his charity work. 

He will be signing for Hearts on a long term contract and folk still doubting this can relax. 

You could not meet nicer people and we should be grateful he has chosen Hearts to spend the rest of his career with and possibly. beyond that when he moves into msnagement/coaching. 

Not a dig at Mr & Mrs Naismith but that’s an attitude that’s easier to adopt when you’re stinking rich. 

Rocky jamboa
10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If we assume SN is on £30k per week at Norwich and we're going to pay him say £3k pw, by delaying signing he will receive £130 gross from them and it will save us over £13k for that magical 13th month.

If he had signed right away he would have lost (on these random figures) £117k gross.

I reckon we'll have offered him at least double of £3k per week. 

18 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

That's a separate issue.

I was using random figures for illustration purposes.

johnthomas
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not a dig at Mr & Mrs Naismith but that’s an attitude that’s easier to adopt when you’re stinking rich. 

Yes but there are many 'stinking rich' who contribute nothing . They choose to help people and , rather obviously , if they weren't 'stinking rich' they couldn't contribute too much .

Think your post is about snidey 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Nobody at hearts gets 6k per week, and for the foreseeable that wont change either.

SkabalaJam

He's opening a restaurant up in Stewarton, will need the extra cash for fit out and prop it up when it goes wrong ???

19/05/2012

I’m pretty sure it was said at a shareholders meeting recently that the wage cap at Hearts is 3k per week

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Nobody at hearts gets 6k per week, and for the foreseeable that wont change either.

Basic or including win/performance related bonuses?

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Basic or including win/performance related bonuses?

Unsure about bonuses other than I know we dont really get involved in bonuses appearances etc.

Nobody at hearts is on more than 4k a week

Edited by dazajmbo

King Of The Cat Cafe
16 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Whether or not they are driven by money and regardless of how much they have in their piggy banks, setting up a new business in dentistry does not come on the cheap.

If new premises are needed, along with new equipment, I am guessing at a hefty six-figure sum.  Then of course she would have to carry staffing costs before she could pull a living a wage for herself.

"The average salary for a Dentist is £77,620 per year in Scotland" is a figure I've seen

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Unsure about bonuses other than I know we dont really get involved in bonuses appearances etc.

I genuinely thought we were big on performance related pay so low basics but decent add ons.

Every day is a school day.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Untrue ! We 100% have bonus system 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I genuinely thought we were big on performance related pay so low basics but decent add ons.

Every day is a school day.

You're spot on 

13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Untrue ! We 100% have bonus system 

24 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

What I said was we don't really get involved in it, there are of course players on bonuses what I meant was there are very few on bonuses. I'd say about 10-15% of the players get performance bonuses. The rest don't have bonuses and it's something the club overall try not to get into on contracts.

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

What I said was we don't really get involved in it, there are of course players on bonuses what I meant was there are very few on bonuses. I'd say about 10-15% of the players get performance bonuses. The rest don't have bonuses and it's something the club overall try not to get into on contracts.

What a crock of shit.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Performance at hearts is bonus related and was confirmed by Ann budge at agm couple years ago 

jambopilms

Nobody knows what Naismith or his wife earn or are going to earn. Neither should they. Same as nobody on here knows what individual players earn. It's all made up bollox. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, jambopilms said:

Nobody knows what Naismith or his wife earn or are going to earn. Neither should they. Same as nobody on here knows what individual players earn. It's all made up bollox. 

Exactly ! Nobody's business what the players earn but we certainly have performance related bonus system 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, SkabalaJam said:

He's opening a restaurant up in Stewarton, will need the extra cash for fit out and prop it up when it goes wrong ???

Is he hiring Willie Miller to run it for him?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 06/06/2019 at 20:34, andyscott82 said:

If people could just read this over and over, until it gets stuck in their heads, it would probably save a lot of pointless gibbering on this thread. 

Would be disappointed if people were ITK on wages. 

Private and confidential 

3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

:vrface:

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Would be disappointed if people were ITK on wages. 

Private and confidential 

Unless certain players shout their mouths off about it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jammy T said:

Unless certain players shout their mouths off about it.

Then that is their business. Highly unlikely the title subject would belong there 

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

You maybe know a bit about transfers but that post is nonsense and obviously made up. 

Keep to stuff you know instead of something that you clearly don't. 

On 08/06/2019 at 14:41, Inch Hearts said:

Steven Davis? 

Thinking about the Davis situation. When Davis joined them in January it was pretty certain they will be playing in Europe in the next season, so allowing for a later registration to allow him an extra payment (assuming he does have that) would possibly have had an impact on his availability. As we would have had to review when Naismith signed if we won the cup. 

pettigrewsstylist

Reckon he is waiting for his cash, if im joining the freely reported dots up correctly.

Will chillax till start Jul therefore, and see what happens.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the up to date position on his injury? Could that be impacting things still?

Yeah, his knees have completely gone. They’re adding extra disabled access to get him up to Ann Budge’s office to sign his new 8 year deal. The delay is because they’ve forgotten to order the lifts. In the meantime the cost of lifts has soared globally so the project is 200% over budget. Scarf above wheelchair photo is imminent ...

pettigrewsstylist
On 09/06/2019 at 18:36, Debut 4 said:

The players must’ve thought the win bonuses were shite last season.

::troll:: 

Issued foodbank map with strip and contract.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yeah, his knees have completely gone. They’re adding extra disabled access to get him up to Ann Budge’s office to sign his new 8 year deal. The delay is because they’ve forgotten to order the lifts. In the meantime the cost of lifts has soared globally so the project is 200% over budget. Scarf above wheelchair photo is imminent ...

Knew it!!  ??‍♂️

siegementality
On 09/06/2019 at 17:46, dazajmbo said:

?? I wondered where the missing 15% from the Charlie Adam signing went ??

On 09/06/2019 at 18:46, dazajmbo said:

How do you know this?

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Big news just in folks. Trying to get my head round it before I post it on this thread ?

????

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Big news just in folks. Trying to get my head round it before I post it on this thread ?

??? ?

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Now THAT'S attention whoring!