Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Benny Factor
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Fairly obvious he will sign but if a better offer comes in he will be off. Key thing is this is his job and like anybody else he will go for the best deal financially.

You would be absolutely delighted if that happened.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Of course he is going to wait for the Norwich money. Its due in 2 or 3 weeks. 

As far as signing with us on a long term deal that's not about money. 

He could get more elsewhere if he wanted. 

If you wouldbe good be enough to flag up the post that I said he would be 100 per cent signing on Monday I would be grateful. 

Really do not remember saying that at all. 

Did you not say he was signing on Monday? Maybe got the wrong poster ...

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Back 21st June 

Cheers, well if fit enough to train with the first team, expect him to be there regardless if the contract is signed or not.

Posted back before the cup final that it will be a long wait before he signs and the only exception was European qualification, so him not signed yet is quite as expected.

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Not sure what you are driving at he is not driven by money he has enough to see him fine for the rest of his life, his motivation lies elsewhere.

How many times does that need to be said for people to get it. ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I did, and who says he never?

Robbo-Jambo

Think you have or I am going senile. 

I do not know the date of him signing but he will be. 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Barack said:

Quite a lot. When folk are trolling, drooling simpleton's.

?

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think you have or I am going senile. 

I do not know the date of him signing but he will be. 

Got my Robbo’s confused ...

Sorry.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Robbo-Jambo

Got my Robbo’s confused ...

Sorry.

No problem

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Him, today. 

Apparently people on here know more about Steven Naismith than Naismith himself. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Apparently people on here know more about Steven Naismith than Naismith himself. 

Don’t think most folk on here know anything about anything. Some less than that!

10 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Correction, some people know more on here than Steven Naismith was saying at a press conference. 

If Rangers 2012 offer him a big contract he'll likely go there. If not there then back to Kilmarnock depending who their new manager will be. Third option is staying with us and become a player coach (eventually). All up to him though.

10 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Correction, some people know more on here than Steven Naismith was saying at a press conference. 

Absolutely. What this proves is that no-one on this forum( quelle surprise) is aware of what are private discussions between SN and Hearts. No-one. He has not signed. Hope he does.

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Don’t think most folk on here know anything about anything. Some less than that!

... and if you know someone who knows what he knows, then you must know Henry’s Cat. Miaow!

andyscott82
5 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He’s just trying to not make it blatantly obvious that he’s stalling for the Norwich payment. If he said all is well, Norwich would be asking why he hadn’t signed yet.

If people could just read this over and over, until it gets stuck in their heads, it would probably save a lot of pointless gibbering on this thread. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

If people could just read this over and over, until it gets stuck in their heads, it would probably save a lot of pointless gibbering on this thread. 

Be boring though. Got to find a way to think the absolute worst 

Rocky jamboa

Wonder if he says he's holding off until the 30th June, until Norwich contract ends but secretly holding out to see if any last minute better offers come along. 

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Paulp74 said:

Wonder if he says he's holding off until the 30th June, until Norwich contract ends but secretly holding out to see if any last minute better offers come along. 

Killie player manager? There are worse jobs.

52 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

... and if you know someone who knows what he knows, then you must know Henry’s Cat. Miaow!

Splendid work ?

Naismith IS a Hearts player, it is signed but won't be registered until his contract is up. Chill out folks. Hes a smart guy saying what he does so he gets his wage

Who wouldn't do the same in that situation?

14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Killie player manager? There are worse jobs.

For your first manager gig? Tough one. The only way is down now Clarke's away. Bit of a no win situation for someone.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

For your first manager gig? Tough one. The only way is down now Clarke's away. Bit of a no win situation for someone.

I'd agree if he wasn't so attached to the club and area. He'd get a free pass for a bit of time.

Heartsofgold
41 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Naismith IS a Hearts player, it is signed but won't be registered until his contract is up. Chill out folks. Hes a smart guy saying what he does so he gets his wage

Who wouldn't do the same in that situation?

Are you 100% sure of that Daza?  Genuine question. Not on the wind up. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

16 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Are you 100% sure of that Daza?  Genuine question. Not on the wind up. 

Yes

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That choice would p!$$ me off.

I was just pointing out a job worse than player/manager of Killie. He's not going there.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

To me, a bit of that, says he's wanting Hearts to be more competitive on the transfer front. Speculate to accumulate. 

It can be interpreted in different ways by different folk of course. Still 100% confident though.

In his tv interview he openly said we didn’t have enough quality cover last season, enough quality experience to deal with injuries. Pretty much hinting that’s where we should go in the market.  

I felt like like he was talking with authority and what he’d like to see alongside him next season.  

tartofmidlothian
17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

"Naismith does not want a coaching role at Riccarton. “I won’t start coaching while I’m still playing. I’m not interested in that,” he added."

That kills off him becoming Killie's player-manager, then.

15 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

"Naismith does not want a coaching role at Riccarton. “I won’t start coaching while I’m still playing. I’m not interested in that,” he added."

That kills off him becoming Killie's player-manager, then.

I think a lot of people over-egg his burning desire to return to Kilmarnock anyway.

Brighton Jambo

Give him credit he’s savvy, keep plugging away claiming we don’t have a deal yet and pocket a nice tidy £150k on 1st July.  Nice if you can get it! 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

4 hours ago, Prof said:

People tend to forget that for Naismith it’s a job and like anybody else he will want to make as much money as he can before retiring. 

So going by that if Sevco want him then we have no chance in competing financially. 

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

If Rangers 2012 offer him a big contract he'll likely go there. If not there then back to Kilmarnock depending who their new manager will be. Third option is staying with us and become a player coach (eventually). All up to him though.

If we were not to sign him but for whatever reason I'd would not be surprised. 

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

In his tv interview he openly said we didn’t have enough quality cover last season, enough quality experience to deal with injuries. Pretty much hinting that’s where we should go in the market.  

I felt like like he was talking with authority and what he’d like to see alongside him next season.  

Did a certain poster on here then ask him what players he would have signed in that case? 

7 hours ago, Barack said:

To me, a bit of that, says he's wanting Hearts to be more competitive on the transfer front. Speculate to accumulate. 

It can be interpreted in different ways by different folk of course. Still 100% confident though.

I thought that too.  We need to spend more, and also spend smarter. 

So glad he’s said he’s not interested in coaching whilst playing. Hopefully stops people going on and on about him being player/coach at hearts. It’s going to be a long 4 weeks though if we have to wait till July for him to sign

7 hours ago, Barack said:

That, and something else.

But I won't mention it, as it'll spark a debate off that doesn't need to happen. I'll keep my counsel on it.

Nailed it Mr President. ?

4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Did a certain poster on here then ask him what players he would have signed in that case? 

?

21 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I thought that too.  We need to spend more, and also spend smarter. 

If that is one of the side effects of the negotiations, then I think we can all be happy that things dragged on a bit.

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

One follows the other but i think most would do the same.

upgotheheads

EEN suggesting that he's waiting until after July 1st to sign due to a clause in his current contract. It's worth well over £100,000 to him to do that. Who wouldn't?