Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Robbo-Jambo

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Naismith didn't play one minute of football and was still in the starting 11 for the cup final. A one off game and with his experience the risk might be seen worth it. Plus he is a naturally fit guy. Think Levein might play it down about his chances and then come cup final day he will be on the team sheet. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Leave until the final. Must start. 

Doesn't need to play and probably won't beforehand. 

23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And if naisy breaks down early on in the final it will suck the life out of us as it did in the league cup semi.

It was game over from that point.

That is obviously the big fear. To be honest the whole Naismith injury situation concerns me. This is a guy who had a couple of years out when he did his cruciate on 2 separate occasions in his 20s. Now in his early 30s and missed half of this season with a knee injury. It's a genuine worry and also the principle reason why it would be risky to build a team round him. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That is obviously the big fear. To be honest the whole Naismith injury situation concerns me. This is a guy who had a couple of years out when he did his cruciate on 2 separate occasions in his 20s. Now in his early 30s and missed half of this season with a knee injury. It's a genuine worry and also the principle reason why it would be risky to build a team round him. 

https://us.soccerway.com/players/steven-naismith/1069/

He played an awful lot of football matches over those 'couple of years out'? Do folk ever do any research before they post on here? Endless, unsubstantiated, nonsense!

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He played an awful lot of football matches over those 'couple of years out'? Do folk ever do any research before they post on here? Endless, unsubstantiated, nonsense!

Your stats in your analysis show 7 games in 08/09 and 11 in 11/12, the 2 seasons when he did his cruciate in separate knees. I don't need to ferret around websites to pluck stuff out, a little knowledge of his career suffices.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who on earth wouldn’t want that? :lol: 

So WTF are you on about?

If we play Naisy on Saturday and things go awry, as it did in the LC semi, then we could end up with nothing.  Easing him in gradually gives a slightly better degree of certainty for the final

31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are you coming on to apologise Elwood or do I have to wait around for your rabbit? 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep. That was his actual injury happening though wasn't it? Unless he gets a new injury I doubt he'll play if there's any chance his current injury might break down so quickly. Having him on the bench would be useful at least, even 70% fit.

No injury happened previous midweek at Dens. Tried to play on Sunday at Murrayfield but couldn’t. 

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Your stats in your analysis show 7 games in 08/09 and 11 in 11/12, the 2 seasons when he did his cruciate in separate knees. I don't need to ferret around websites to pluck stuff out, a little knowledge of his career suffices.

That's not a couple of years out. He played 18 games. Aidy White and Craig Gordon had a couple of years out. Hope that clarifies the matter for you.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

A  fully fit Naisy is worth millions to us his talent, leadership and knowledge helps everyone at the club. As long as the medical dept. are happy and he's willing to stay I'd give the wee man a 3 year contract which included a future at the club in coaching/management.

Let's all calm down and see if Naisy makes it back before the end of the season.

chester copperpot

One former player has already said he is coming back to his fellow team mates. Heard this straight from a coach at said club.

Interesting times

lost in space
24 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

One former player has already said he is coming back to his fellow team mates. Heard this straight from a coach at said club.

Interesting times

If Hearts - Presumably Gordon or Wallace or Holt or Cummins - would not want any of them. First 2 are Yesterday's men and other 2 are no improvement.

Edited by lost in space
Added info

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

If Hearts - Presumably Gordon or Wallace or Holt or Cummins - would not want any of them. First 2 are Yesterday's men and other 2 are no improvement.

Or Walker?

34 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Interesting times

Craig Gordon?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Only Lafferty and maybe Wallace would be worth getting back.

Whoever it is I hope it's not Gordon. Past it.

40 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Interesting times

Note you don’t say it’s us? 

lost in space

We have the slowest midfield in the world - only player who could make us slower is Walker (or Malady Martin).

LarrysRightFoot
57 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Interesting times

Calum Paterson?

59 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Interesting times

Sorry if I’ve lost track here but are you meaning Naismith going somewhere or are we on to someone else?

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Sorry if I’ve lost track here but are you meaning Naismith going somewhere or are we on to someone else?

I dont know anyone connected with Hearts. I meant an ex Hearts player.

Just now, chester copperpot said:

I dont know anyone connected with Hearts. I meant an ex Hearts player.

Cheers mate.

in that case it can only be one player.

Craig Gordon  

32 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Cheers mate.

Craig Gordon  

That'll do for me

41 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Cheers mate.

Craig Gordon  

Reading between all the lines I believe Chester has work connections on the Celtic side of life, which does mean one thing and outcome....

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

I don't understand why we would bring back players who have failed or are ageing, it's hardly inspiring. 

Rudi worked out ok

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Interesting times

Interesting indeed.

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Reading between all the lines I believe Chester has work connections on the Celtic side of life, which does mean one thing and outcome....

I heard a couple of weeks ago that he is coming back.

Not all ex Hearts players are failed.

Johnsen for example - of course I am not saying it is him. Malinkovic? Failed or not given the chance? Nicholson? Failed?

Dunne? Alim?

Lots of potential options if you open your minds...

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that he is coming back.

To be fair I am sure good people got good info last year that McGregor would be in goals for us this year.

Nothing is certain until it is certain.

i have to say, also. I like Bobby....!

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Not all ex Hearts players are failed.

Johnsen for example - of course I am not saying it is him. Malinkovic? Failed or not given the chance? Nicholson? Failed?

Dunne? Alim?

Lots of potential options if you open your minds...

Not with coaches that CC would talk to.

Chester has mentiond his Celtic connections therefore leading to Craig Gordon.

He also hasn't even been on the bench for a while, but he has an injury and Lennon expects him back this season.

However his ontract still has a year to run.  Buyout? We cover part of his wages?  Lennon / Celtic hate us enough not to let him come, or think he is finshed and can on us.

In conclusion.  It's Lee Wallace.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Not with coaches that CC would talk to.

I agree given his previous hints. 

Just proving some of the other dimwits wrong about other ex players of ours being the old and failed....

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

He also hasn't even been on the bench for a while, but he has an injury and Lennon expects him back this season.

However his ontract still has a year to run.  Buyout? We cover part of his wages?  Lennon / Celtic hate us enough not to let him come, or think he is finshed and can on us.

Daily Ranger saying that Wallace is going to Dundee Utd???

siegementality
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Interesting times

So who is it then?

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

I don't understand why we would bring back players who have failed or are ageing, it's hardly inspiring. 

Where would find a player that isn’t ageing? ?

heartsfc_fan
38 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Daily Ranger saying that Wallace is going to Dundee Utd???

Would be taking a big pay cut to go there

20 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Would be taking a big pay cut to go there

Having earned a fortune for doing **** all for 7 years?

Not much hardship 

Craig Gordon coming back to Hearts in some capacity sometime would be the least surprising thing ever. I’d take him sooner rather than later while he can still play.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Wallace is past his best and has had injury issues. Whereas Gordon could as a goalie could on for years. He has to be the favourite IMO

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Calum Paterson?

Not in a million years I am afraid. He is on fantastic money and he is loving life down there according to one of his relatives. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Rudi worked out ok

Technically you could say Robbo as well Jammy but you know what I mean. The other obvious one is Macpherson. 

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

That's why I guessed Gordon earlier.