Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Lafferty

Seriously? Wouldn't be adverse to this, but seems a strange one

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Walker. Love the boy. Good fit for us. Couple of goals and he will be fine. I'm taking him over Wighton any day of the week.

Gordon would be just fine as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I hope they keep Walker as far away from Hearts as possible.

37 goals in 156 appearances, I don't think we should be too choosy.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. Some people have totally lost the plot it seems. A good signing is a good signing regardless...

:sadrobbo:

Absolutely bud 

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He isn't.

Jamie Walker then ? Nothing against him but both him and the club have moved on, not for me.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Jamie Walker then ? Nothing against him but both him and the club have moved on, not for me.

Aye.

35 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

What’s Cummings contract situation ?

Contract with Nottingham Forest to June 2020

Series of loans, currently at Luton. 

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Whatever you do don't mention the name of one of the former players. The place will meltdown quicker than Ticketmaster ???

Yeah I'm keeping it quiet (for now) 

Cruyff Turn

I think Walker is a an absolute prick but I’m a believer in 2nd chances. So while I wouldn’t welcome him back with open arms, I’d happily allow him time to prove himself worthy once again of wearing the maroon jersey.

As for Gordon, not enamoured by the possibility of him coming back either. The goalkeeping position is the very least of our problems. Big Bobby Zlamal is a very good keeper and I’m pretty happy with him between the sticks.

Naisy and big Pete sign up long term. Bryson would be a good signing too.

We should go and get skinny from Hull as well and maybe someone who has loads of pace as a different option from Walker & Skinny.

Main focus for me is central midfield though, it’s our weak area. 

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

Walker is a good player 

He is - absolutely no doubt about that. The pity is that he let himself down when Sevco sniffed about. 

I’m not bothered what’s happened in the past, we just need better players. All of those mentioned fall into that category?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I hope they keep Walker as far away from Hearts as possible.

This in spades!

Think Hearts should announce Walker signing and a 5 year extension to Levein’s contract at the same time.’Imagine.....

oh and Naismith has signed but will be out for 4 months as his other knee has gone. 

Should steer clear of Walker, and he should too for his sake. The first sign of a lack of effort and he'll be absolutely hounded 

The White Cockade

No to Walker, Gordon, Lafferty and Wallace  for me 

All yesterday’s men and Wallace is finished imo

Would take back Sam

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Would take back Sam

Agree 100%

Edited by It should have been ten

2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Would take back Sammon

Your last sentence got cut off somehow. Completed it for you though. 

gorgieheart

skinny to sign on the dotted line  ?

Gordon to come home  ?

may all be utter bar locks, but at least its a change from the Levein and Budge bashing !

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Talk of us trying to lure Craig Bryson to us in the summer he also is currently out with an injury and will be 33 in November.

Turned out we couldn’t afford him. Knocked us back. For now. 

maroonnicky63
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Do we risk Naismith for the final then?  Having been confident we would see him, a long term deal, probably means we will be cautious and pray for miracles instead

Surely he won’t be match fit, unless he comes back sooner and manages a game or two, we do need him though

gorgieheart
11 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

As long as Levein has anything to do with hearts I can assure you Cummings will be nowhere near us. 

Good, he's an utter roaster !

I think Cummings would be a great foil to play off uche!!

i know I’ll prob get pelters for it but I’m of the opinion he’d do well at us.

The White Cockade
47 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Your last sentence got cut off somehow. Completed it for you though. 

?

GorgieRules22
Just now, 1874robbo said:

He would.

We lack creativity from midfield.  Walker would give us a good option there.  I'm not bothered about how he behaved before, I'm sure he realises now that the grass isn't always greener, I'd be more worried about whether he could get fully fit.  If he could I'd take him no worries.  

We forgave Stevenson and Webster, we'd forgive Walker too if he started playing like he's capable of.

5 hours ago, Jodami said:

Here's the thing. If we had a cohesive strategy then I wouldn't be concerned either way. It's interesting that we are happy to criticise chairmen of other clubs for trying every trick to convince fans to buy season tickets but say nothing when we hold back announcing contracts for Naismith and Haring until the first week of the public sale window. 

Sort defence

Sort spine of team

Sort out the more flair players

Seems pretty cohesive to me 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Do we risk Naismith for the final then?  Having been confident we would see him, a long term deal, probably means we will be cautious and pray for miracles instead

I think we have to, how many chances do we get to win finals?

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Walker. Love the boy. Good fit for us. Couple of goals and he will be fine. I'm taking him over Wighton any day of the week.

Gordon would be just fine as well.

See this is where we are at now.We are willing to accept some players as they are  an improvement on the pish Levein has made mistakes with.When you look at them in isolation then they're no so good.In saying that if we got the walker who was motivated to play for us a couple of seasons back,then that would be decent.My only problem is how they are being  coached.

There’s no argument.  Issues aside, Walker is a strong SPL player and far far better than some of the options at our disposal just now.  

If it happens then I’m sure people will trust Craig Levein’s judgement to bring him back.  

GorgieRules22
8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s no argument.  Issues aside, Walker is a strong SPL player and far far better than some of the options at our disposal just now.  

If it happens then I’m sure people will trust Craig Levein’s judgement to bring him back.  

I don’t trust Craig Leveins judgement now never mind the summer.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Cummings is one of the most overrated footballers I can remember. He only gets talked about because of his antics. He’s done zero at Scottish Premiership level. The fact he won a cap for scotland shows just how bad our national setup is.

He’s not a linkup striker, not a lone striker and can’t play with a partner.

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Sort defence

Sort spine of team

Sort out the more flair players

Seems pretty cohesive to me 

Was that not last year's goals Jammy, it's repeat to fade, this year was his chance. It's intriguing how everyone is buoyed by contract and signing talk until we're brought back to earth when we actually watch the team. 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Was that not last year's goals Jammy, it's repeat to fade, this year was his chance. It's intriguing how everyone is buoyed by contract and signing talk until we're brought back to earth when we actually watch the team. 

Not sure about you but Zlamal, Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Djoum, Haring, Naismith and Uche, plus some very promising youngsters, is an excellent spine to build around. Add a creative midfielder, second striker and a winger - and keep them all fit! - and that’s a strong team.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure about you but Zlamal, Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Djoum, Haring, Naismith and Uche, plus some very promising youngsters, is an excellent spine to build around. Add a creative midfielder, second striker and a winger - and keep them all fit! - and that’s a strong team.

I've never been in the players are shite camp, my issues are all with coaching.

portobellojambo1

I heard that Steven Naismith spoke very well at a meeting at Tyncastle last night. I was most pleased to hear that he was not happy with fans who asked him about playing second string players/youngsters in the remaining league games. His response was along the lines it needs to be the best players playing as HMFC should be going into all 4 of these games only intent on winning each of them. Now that is the sort of attitude this club needs on the footballing side going forward, born winners, unwilling to accept anything else.

34 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You see when you try to put a negative spin on everything you just end up looking like you have in this thread. Silly.

Some people might say it's embarrassing.

gowestjambo
11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I heard that Steven Naismith spoke very well at a meeting at Tyncastle last night. I was most pleased to hear that he was not happy with fans who asked him about playing second string players/youngsters in the remaining league games. His response was along the lines it needs to be the best players playing as HMFC should be going into all 4 of these games only intent on winning each of them. Now that is the sort of attitude this club needs on the footballing side going forward, born winners, unwilling to accept anything else.

It is about time this was our attitude. For far too long fans have accepted mediocrity then tried to justify it with all sorts of we are not worthy attitudes!!

Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine brought this mentality to the club. It has been sadly lacking for many years...........

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

It is about time this was our attitude. For far too long fans have accepted mediocrity then tried to justify it with all sorts of we are not worthy attitudes!!

Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine brought this mentality to the club. It has been sadly lacking for many years...........

Losers don't get prizes, only winners.