Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You see when you try to put a negative spin on everything you just end up looking like you have in this thread. Silly.

Some people might say it's embarrassing.

Good lord it's the same joke the 18th time, what satire. The bottom line is I don't have to put any negative spin on anything, you just need to regularly go and watch the team live and draw your own conclusions. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

It could be an interesting summer, Gordon, Wallace, Walker, Milinkovic and Lafferty would all improve us if any of them are available.

I'd take Sow before McLean, Wighton and Vanecek as well.

43 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I've never been in the players are shite camp, my issues are all with coaching.

What insights do you have into our coaching? Seems like they got it right last close season. They put together a brand new team that stormed to the top of the league until injuries hit. Why don’t you think they could do that again?

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I heard that Steven Naismith spoke very well at a meeting at Tyncastle last night. I was most pleased to hear that he was not happy with fans who asked him about playing second string players/youngsters in the remaining league games. His response was along the lines it needs to be the best players playing as HMFC should be going into all 4 of these games only intent on winning each of them. Now that is the sort of attitude this club needs on the footballing side going forward, born winners, unwilling to accept anything else.

He spoke very well. 

14 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

It is about time this was our attitude. For far too long fans have accepted mediocrity then tried to justify it with all sorts of we are not worthy attitudes!!

Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine brought this mentality to the club. It has been sadly lacking for many years...........

Eh. Our fans have a rep for being the hardest to please in the league?

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

It is about time this was our attitude. For far too long fans have accepted mediocrity then tried to justify it with all sorts of we are not worthy attitudes!!

Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine brought this mentality to the club. It has been sadly lacking for many years...........

Bah, serial losers at Hearts, the both of them.. ?

Great times following the club in their day with a lot of ups and downs but very dominant over our neighbours.  

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure about you but Zlamal, Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Djoum, Haring, Naismith and Uche, plus some very promising youngsters, is an excellent spine to build around. Add a creative midfielder, second striker and a winger - and keep them all fit! - and that’s a strong team.

I agree with you but will the management change the style of play? Especially away from home 

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He spoke very well. 

So I head dave. I believe he was also honest enough to say that he wasn't convinced he would be fit in time to play in the Cup Final, unless that statement was intended for the press of course.

Edited by portobellojambo1

41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I heard that Steven Naismith spoke very well at a meeting at Tyncastle last night. I was most pleased to hear that he was not happy with fans who asked him about playing second string players/youngsters in the remaining league games. His response was along the lines it needs to be the best players playing as HMFC should be going into all 4 of these games only intent on winning each of them. Now that is the sort of attitude this club needs on the footballing side going forward, born winners, unwilling to accept anything else.

That’s the kind of winning attitude our manager should adopt.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

I agree with you but will the management change the style of play? Especially away from home 

Style of play is subjective. Aberdeen and Killie have been doing well but their style of football is mostly horrific. I doubt Levein will change his pragmatic approach to picking up

points.

The Future's Maroon

Yet another thread hijacked by the anti Levein crowd, there are threads for that....can’t we keep this on topic of Naismith?

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yet another thread hijacked by the anti Levein crowd, there are threads for that....can’t we keep this on topic of Naismith?

Agreed. Excellent signing.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Style of play is subjective. Aberdeen and Killie have been doing well but their style of football is mostly horrific. I doubt Levein will change his pragmatic approach to picking up

points.

Difference is Aberdeen & Killie look like they have a go especially in Glasgow.

Ive backed Levein for a while but if he doesn’t change then I feel change will be forced upon him. 

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Difference is Aberdeen & Killie look like they have a go especially in Glasgow.

Ive backed Levein for a while but if he doesn’t change then I feel change will be forced upon him. 

This is it for me and am no Levein hater, always seems that Hibs, Kilmarnock etc can go and give it a go.

I personally have a fair idea what the score will be before we play either of them especially away from home !!

It should have been ten
15 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Unreal eh, the saddo’s just can’t help themselves. 

Gordon - Yes

Wallace - Yes

Walker - Ugh... Yes

Lafferty - No chance this would happen. As I understand it he needs money and he signed a 2 year deal.

Sow - Back up for Uche. Yes pls. 

Bryson - Yes.

Cummings - Yes. 

I'd take Nicholson back too. 

I know its unimaginative to demand former players come back, but as a fan what do you really know about football? I think Gordon, Wallace, Walker and Sow if signed would all do a good job (Sow I think would be excellent since we could manage his game time better with Uche). They know the club and the demands from the stands better than anyone. I want players that know the club to drum into youngsters coming through like Cochrane what they need to do every game for the fans. I don't think signings like Grzelak or Lee (I.e journeymen) do much with younger players or really know what the club means to the fans (beyond generic stuff).

Cummings and Bryson would both be good signings. Cummings is probably a risk and most of our fans know him as that arsehole that played for hibs. As I've heard he's a Hearts fan that would probably be desperate to play for the club. His early form at Peterborough gives me confidence he'd succeed here. I'm not looking to argue, or debate that. Just my opinion, probably an unpopular one. 

If Craig can add better, then great but if we have players that will do the job we need and help get us back to challenging at the top end of the table then we'd be daft not to take them back. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon - No

Wallace - No

Walker - No

Lafferty - No chance this would happen. As I understand it he needs money and he signed a 2 year deal.

Sow - No

Bryson - Yes.

Cummings - No

A near clean sweep of No's for me. I'd only take Bryson of that list.

11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Some interesting things happening soon. Naismith staying is one of those. 

No exactly interesting...Gordon and Walker!

40 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon - Yes

Wallace - Yes

Walker - Ugh... Yes

Sow - Back up for Uche. Yes pls. 

Bryson - Yes.

Cummings - Yes. 

I'd take Nicholson back too. 

I know its unimaginative to demand former players come back, but as a fan what do you really know about football? I think Gordon, Wallace, Walker and Sow if signed would all do a good job (Sow I think would be excellent since we could manage his game time better with Uche). They know the club and the demands from the stands better than anyone. I want players that know the club to drum into youngsters coming through like Cochrane what they need to do every game for the fans. I don't think signings like Grzelak or Lee (I.e journeymen) do much with younger players or really know what the club means to the fans (beyond generic stuff).

Cummings and Bryson would both be good signings. Cummings is probably a risk and most of our fans know him as that arsehole that played for hibs. As I've heard he's a Hearts fan that would probably be desperate to play for the club. His early form at Peterborough gives me confidence he'd succeed here. I'm not looking to argue, or debate that. Just my opinion, probably an unpopular one. 

If Craig can add better, then great but if we have players that will do the job we need and help get us back to challenging at the top end of the table then we'd be daft not to take them back. 

You mentioned Nicholson, any idea how he’s doing in MLS? 

30 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Depends on what you mean by interesting? 

I totally despised walker for the way he left but i would take him back. I think him playing in the same team as Naisy would work well

2 hours ago, andrew said:

It could be an interesting summer, Gordon, Wallace, Walker, Milinkovic and Lafferty would all improve us if any of them are available.

Have you seen Sow this season? Rank rotten.

2 hours ago, andrew said:

Why????

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, andrew said:

And zeefuik 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Your missing one ?

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree and I will be blunt. 

His injuries are the sole reason our season has been disappointing. 

We still have the cup final, a one off game with the pressure all on our opponents so let's show the support for our team and win it. 

The summer will sort itself out. 

Yip, although it is bad we rely on one player so much it just goes to show how important he is. This new deal is massive, not just for keeping him but attracting other players.

49 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Walker is injury prone and has dodgy knees, so perfect Levein signing.

:bigyawn:

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Why????

Im not saying we couldn't do better than Sow but 9 goals and 6 assists in 23 versus 2 in 42 for the other three combined doesn't really leave a difficult choice.

12 minutes ago, andrew said:

Im not saying we couldn't do better than Sow but 9 goals and 6 assists in 23 versus 2 in 42 for the other three combined doesn't really leave a difficult choice.

He would be a bigger gamble than before he has been awful for United

9 hours ago, Jodami said:

Was that not last year's goals Jammy, it's repeat to fade, this year was his chance. It's intriguing how everyone is buoyed by contract and signing talk until we're brought back to earth when we actually watch the team. 

No I don’t think it was expected that the entire team would be sorted in the summer transfer window last season.

Are you on cocaine?

5 hours ago, brux said:

Have you seen Sow this season? Rank rotten.

Rudi was fairly rotten everywhere apart from us.

Would you have ditched him (like managerial heroes like JJ and Sergio wanted to)?

Clerry Jambo

Levein quoted as saying “slight difficulties with both Haring and  Naisy deals “ but hoping to get completed

pettigrewsstylist

Really didnt see SN signing for Hearts. Massive congrats to all if it comes off, as seems likely.

19 minutes ago, swavkav said:

Has he signed a new deal? As reading in between the lines, on this article, suggests he has or is about too. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analysis/craig-levein-opens-up-on-hearts-summer-transfer-plans/

Why, oh why is he fighting so hard to keep Djoum? The fact he's having to should hightlight how desperate he is to leave. Just let him go and invest in someone younger with sell on value, or use the money to try and secure Bryson if cash is an issue. 

12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Rudi was fairly rotten everywhere apart from us.

Would you have ditched him (like managerial heroes like JJ and Sergio wanted to)?

You seriously cannot be comparing Rudi to Sow?

davemclaren
Just now, Crete said:

If he doesn’t want to sign a new deal don’t I’m getting fed up with this will he sign on not .

Patience is a virtue and often reaps rewards. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Patience is a virtue and often reaps rewards. 

Don’t get me wrong I want him to sign as he is a winner.I will just have to be patient.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Crete said:

Don’t get me wrong I want him to sign as he is a winner.I will just have to be patient.

I think he will unless something last minute screws it up. ?

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think he will unless something last minute screws it up. ?

Who are we talking about here. Djoum or Naismith?