Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Who are we talking about here. Djoum or Naismith?

I would imagine Djoum will burn his bridge very quick with us 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

I would imagine Djoum will burn his bridge very quick with us 

Bridge of Djoum?

Will Naismith make the bench this Saturday then?

He's been back running for a couple of weeks now.

Anyone on here get a chance to watch any of Hearts training?

Would be interesting to know if he is back training with the first team.

9 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

With a cup final in the offing I'd be surprised if SN would be risked this soon into his recovery for a relatively meaningless game.

grumpyespana
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:33, sadj said:

??? 

Afternoon hows the glorious Med?

Summer is not far away here Sadji 24 degrees and rising lol mind you Easter was terrible here cold and pissing of rain.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With a cup final in the offing I'd be surprised if SN would be risked this soon into his recovery for a relatively meaningless game.

Would be great if he could maybe get 30 mins in each of the Aberdeen and Celtic league games and be ready for a start in the final.

Some mention of Djoum on this thread.  Would be a brilliant signing if he stays.  A whole season with no injury (when did he last have that), with a decent, consistently picked team around him, including runners in midfield and options up top, he's more than capable of being one of the top midfielders in the country.  So much of what he does goes overlooked - gets stuck in, always wants the ball - more often than not has nowhere to go with it when he has it, and that's not his doing.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Would this not be part of his recovery though?

He needs game time before the Cup Final to get himself match sharp.

I very much doubt that CL would want to risk any of his top players in the last league game at Celtic Park.

Even if he gets the last 20 minutes this Saturday and then hopefully can get through 90 minutes at Pittodrie a week on Friday, he can then be rested for the game against Celtic at Celtic Park.

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Would this not be part of his recovery though?

He needs game time before the Cup Final to get himself match sharp.

I very much doubt that CL would want to risk any of his top players in the last league game at Celtic Park.

Even if he gets the last 20 minutes this Saturday and then hopefully can get through 90 minutes at Pittodrie a week on Friday, he can then be rested for the game against Celtic at Celtic Park.

I take your point but if we play him too soon and he breaks down he is Friar Tucked for the final.

We are running out of games too which does not help but I suspect he'll not play 90 mins in the final anyway.

If we played him for a half hour against the Sheep and  Celtic we could maybe get an hour out of him in the final.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Hows it meaningless? How much prize money do you get from 5th ahead of 6th.  This meaningless mentality is baffling especially when it’s the last home match of the season and the team are due us a performance. 

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Would be great if he could maybe get 30 mins in each of the Aberdeen and Celtic league games and be ready for a start in the final.

Some mention of Djoum on this thread.  Would be a brilliant signing if he stays.  A whole season with no injury (when did he last have that), with a decent, consistently picked team around him, including runners in midfield and options up top, he's more than capable of being one of the top midfielders in the country.  So much of what he does goes overlooked - gets stuck in, always wants the ball - more often than not has nowhere to go with it when he has it, and that's not his doing.

Naismith better not be anywhere near the team away to Celtic. You know what they will attempt to do.

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hows it meaningless? How much prize money do you get from 5th ahead of 6th.  This meaningless mentality is baffling especially when it’s the last home match of the season and the team are due us a performance. 

I didn't say it was meaningless.  I said it was RELATIVELY meaningless!

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't say it was meaningless.  I said it was RELATIVELY meaningless!

Well it’s not really is it? 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Naismith better not be anywhere near the team away to Celtic. You know what they will attempt to do.

I don’t think he will play again until the final.  Haring either.  Perhaps a bounce game or two against a couple of lower league sides who have nothing to play for when their season ends.

48 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I wasn't in attendance but he didn't sound like he was close to playing again judging from his comments the other night. 

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I take your point but if we play him too soon and he breaks down he is Friar Tucked for the final.

We are running out of games too which does not help but I suspect he'll not play 90 mins in the final anyway.

If we played him for a half hour against the Sheep and  Celtic we could maybe get an hour out of him in the final.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

I'd much rather he had half an hour on Saturday (if possible) and half an hour against Aberdeen.

I'd rest most of our Cup Final starting team against Celtic at Parkhead.

27 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Good point well made, sir.  Innocent old me!

On the other hand, what might he do to them!!!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Good point well made, sir.  Innocent old me!

On the other hand, what might he do to them!!!

True but I assume if he were to get a straight red for booting Broony in the baws then he would be suspended for the Cup Final?

Edited by Lambo85

Fxxx the SPFL
37 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I wasn't in attendance but he didn't sound like he was close to playing again judging from his comments the other night. 

yes i think he distanced himself from being ready for the final could obviously be a red herring/smokescreen who knows.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Yet I spoke to someone at Hearts last week who is very much ITK who told me that they were 99% sure that Naismith would start in The Cup Final.

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Yet I spoke to someone at Hearts last week who is very much ITK who told me that they were 99% sure that Naismith would start in The Cup Final.

Hopefully he was just being professional and playing it down. What worries me most though is what happened in the semi, he goes down injured in a non impact incident and has to come off early. That literally drained all confidence out of the team and support in an instant. Might be better as a sub in the final. 

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Hopefully he was just being professional and playing it down. What worries me most though is what happened in the semi, he goes down injured in a non impact incident and has to come off early. That literally drained all confidence out of the team and support in an instant. Might be better as a sub in the final. 

Hence the reason why he needs to get some game time in before the Final.

Starting him in the Final without playing any part of our last 3 league games would be a massive risk.

I am keeping my fingers crossed he is on the bench this Saturday and at the very least on the bench against Aberdeen.

If he plays no part of either of these games then I would start getting concerned.

Edited by Lambo85

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Correct. Outside chance but it’s still possible to finish above hibs. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

That was the impression given but he didn’t totally rule it out. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was the impression given but he didn’t totally rule it out. 

Might have missed something but what event are people referring to that happened ‘the other night’?

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Might have missed something but what event are people referring to that happened ‘the other night’?

He spoke at the shareholders Assoc monthly dinner so I was referring to that. 

9 minutes ago, RDSK said:

30 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Starting him in the Final without playing any part of our last 3 league games would be a massive risk.

I am keeping my fingers crossed he is on the bench this Saturday and at the very least on the bench against Aberdeen.

If he plays no part of either of these games then I would start getting concerned.

I agree, starting him in the final without any game time is too big a risk, particularly as the injury seems to flare up without him being actually tackled. It needs tested in a game situation when he's twisting and turning. 

33 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I agree, starting him in the final without any game time is too big a risk, particularly as the injury seems to flare up without him being actually tackled. It needs tested in a game situation when he's twisting and turning. 

Edited by Jodami
Apologies for the double post.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Are you asking me or telling me?

Please elaborate.

You work it out ?If you think the chance of still finishing top club in the city over the season is meaningless then knock yourself out. I still think 5th is on, easily.

Edited by Inch Hearts

3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Not read the whole thread so apologies if already answered but the difference is £125k.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You work it out ?If you think the chance of still finishing top club in the city over the season is meaningless then knock yourself out. I still think 5th is on, easily.

I really don't think that will be proritised. 

In a season full of injuries finishing 5th or winning the final. It's not a contest for me which gets priority 

I’m sure we could find a team or two for a behind closed door friendly to get Naismith match sharpness and have the starting team playing together as they will have two weeks since they last played- assuming it’s basically a 2nd/3rd string team playing at Celtic Park. 

Inch Hearts
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I really don't think that will be proritised. 

In a season full of injuries finishing 5th or winning the final. It's not a contest for me which gets priority 

Of course you’re right mate but Saturday shouldn’t be taken as meaningless as it’s not. 

Inch Hearts
42 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not read the whole thread so apologies if already answered but the difference is £125k.

Thanks.  A considerable amount then that could add to a quality signing in the summer.  I wouldn’t go hung-ho but I hate the mentality the season is over bar the final because it’s not. 

Theres also the chance of not being match sharp come the 25th if we just down tools and play the rezzies. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Of course you’re right mate but Saturday shouldn’t be taken as meaningless as it’s not. 

I think we need a couple of decent performances simply for confidence. Not meaningless for that reason alone 

Inch Hearts
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I think we need a couple of decent performances simply for confidence. Not meaningless for that reason alone 

? a good send off from Tynie with a win or a good display on Saturday would do the world of good for everyone. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

? a good send off from Tynie with a win or a good display on Saturday would do the world of good for everyone. 

Correct. Would be a boost to team and fans.

Want to finish the campaign at home with a victory

On 26/04/2019 at 08:02, dazajmbo said:

Some interesting things happening soon. Naismith staying is one of those. 

@dazajmbohow soon are these interesting things likely to happen?

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

I did not say it was meaningless.  I said it was relatively meaningless.

Personally, I would rather win the cup and finish 6th than finish 5th and win no honours.

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This. Also cant see Naismith kicking a ball in the final if he isn't back for the last 2 league fixtures.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I did not say it was meaningless.  I said it was relatively meaningless.

Personally, I would rather win the cup and finish 6th than finish 5th and win no honours.

Who on earth wouldn’t want that? :lol: 

4 hours ago, Jodami said:

Possibly. For such a massive one-off game the club and Naismith will make the call together.

I remember Bruno Aguilar being out for a very long time with a bad injury. He was thrown back in for a derby and was outstanding, scoring a free kick. So game time doesn't always matter. They can test his condition in training.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Possibly. For such a massive one-off game the club and Naismith will make the call together.

I remember Bruno Aguilar being out for a very long time with a bad injury. He was thrown back in for a derby and was outstanding, scoring a free kick. So game time doesn't always matter. They can test his condition in training.

And if naisy breaks down early on in the final it will suck the life out of us as it did in the league cup semi.

It was game over from that point.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. Also cant see Naismith kicking a ball in the final if he isn't back for the last 2 league fixtures.

I can't see him being risked at Parkhead. No point in playing him versus Celtic the week before the cup final if they know we might desperately need him for the final and they have a chance to make sure he won't make it. That leaves Kilmarnock this weekend and Aberdeen next Friday evening. I'm still not certain if he is definitely going to miss the cup final or if we are adopting this approach with the intention of throwing him in at the last minute. If he and the back room staff think he is ready maybe 1 hour versus Killie on Saturday and 30 minutes up at Pittodrie might be worth trying.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And if naisy breaks down early on in the final it will suck the life out of us as it did in the league cup semi.

It was game over from that point.

Yep. That was his actual injury happening though wasn't it? Unless he gets a new injury I doubt he'll play if there's any chance his current injury might break down so quickly. Having him on the bench would be useful at least, even 70% fit.