Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tynecastle Park?

One and the same.  

4D541D08-4A89-417B-83CB-911511BA8CC7.gif

Robbo-Jambo
46 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’m afraid you will probably be right

not even a hint that he might be fit for the final

We will see.

Clerry Jambo

Levein quoted as saying Naisy very unlikely to make final hasn’t even started running yet never mind back in training. Not good news to start the week

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Levein quoted as saying Naisy very unlikely to make final hasn’t even started running yet never mind back in training. Not good news to start the week

Spoke to Naisy at the sponsors do and he was back in the gym at that point but only doing light work. 

Captain America

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-steven-naismith-unlikely-to-be-ready-for-scottish-cup-final-1-4921228/amp?__twitter_impression=true

???

Unlikely to make final.

Our chances have dropped from slim to extremely slim.

Edited by Captain America

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

That tiny bit of hope has just vanished?

Did Naismith play in the 4-0 thrashing of the rebels last season?

gashauskis9
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No, but I would ask you to identify the Lafferty and Milinkovic equivalents who will line up for us in the final.

Clerry Jambo
6 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Possible mind games?

I’m clinging to this.

I know what your saying mate but don't think Celtic will be worrying too much!!

upgotheheads
55 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Possible mind games?

I’m clinging to this.

I hope so, we're f***** if not.

1874robbo
4 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

It’s ok we have Ryan Edwards now.

Whilst not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

see if our team of superstars put the same effort and energy in as him we’d all not be on here greeting as much.

6 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

It’s ok we have Ryan Edwards now.

:lol:

Mental that some fans are happy with Edward's just because he ran about.

He's absolutely honking footballer.

maroonlegions

There is not a hope in hell that we will even  dish up a decent performance in the final nevermind winning it.

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, Gavman81 said:

Possible mind games?

I’m clinging to this.

Mind games? Celtic wont care about our starting line-up or formation for the final.

7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I am also baffled that Fans appreciate a hard working player 

:cornette:

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Whilst not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

see if our team of superstars put the same effort and energy in as him we’d all not be on here greeting as much.

Correct Robbo, the guy covered every blade of grass.

His energy and the Hampden pitch might just grab him a final jersey

All roads lead to Gorgie

Oh well, Steven McLean will just have to play the game of his life then. It is going to call for one huge collective effort to win anyway.

The crazy thing is that we are weeks away from our biggest game of the season and no-one can predict our starting 11 with any certainty. Putting injuries to one side, Levein has no idea of his strongest team and how they should be playing. The fact that are we debating that Ryan Edwards could replace Naismith after playing 1 and a bit games sums up the whole season.

The Old Tolbooth

This has a feel of the 2012 semi final about it when Beattie wasn't declared fit enough to start and we all thought we were in for a right old rogering, however we had other quality players in the side then too, much better than we have now, if Naisy doesn't make it then it's get as pished as possible before the game so I don't remember that much of it! 

Inch Hearts
14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Oh well, Steven McLean will just have to play the game of his life then. It is going to call for one huge collective effort to win anyway.

Hes already scored in a final and won the cup for what it’s worth.

1874robbo
17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct Robbo, the guy covered every blade of grass.

His energy and the Hampden pitch might just grab him a final jersey

Exactly clerry, one thing the lad has given us so far has been 100% effort which is the least we should be expecting.

i wish large chunks of our squad could say they’ve done the same.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’m hanging on to that for the next couple of weeks... :whistling:

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I know, that was Dundee UTD though. :thumbsup:

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie
Wrong team doh

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

The crazy thing is that we are weeks away from our biggest game of the season and no-one can predict our starting 11 with any certainty. Putting injuries to one side, Levein has no idea of his strongest team and how they should be playing. The fact that are we debating that Ryan Edwards could replace Naismith after playing 1 and a bit games sums up the whole season.

Really?

If fit those 9 would start every game. Leaving two spots up for debate. 

Zlamal 

Djoum

Haring 

Berra 

Souttar 

Uche

Smith 

Mulraney 

Naismith

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This has a feel of the 2012 semi final about it when Beattie wasn't declared fit enough to start and we all thought we were in for a right old rogering, however we had other quality players in the side then too, much better than we have now, if Naisy doesn't make it then it's get as pished as possible before the game so I don't remember that much of it! 

Its already one of those for me even if Naismith does make it!

The Internet

Think Edwards could work quite well v celtic. Against hibs we just needed him to come on, close down hibs players and chase lost causes and he did that. He's never going to be the creative force to break down stubborn defences but on the break against teams who keep the ball he could do a job. Sometimes you do literally just need a guy who can run a lot and harass the opposition.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Let’s just phone Inverness and see if they fancy taking our spot. 

Let's phone them and take their manager for the final :thumbsup:

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Jean Louis Valois
43 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

If his ability was as good as his attitude he would be a fantastic signing for us. The fact we had him and Steven McLean up front on Saturday totally depresses me.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Really?

If fit those 9 would start every game. Leaving two spots up for debate. 

Zlamal 

Djoum

Haring 

Berra 

Souttar 

Uche

Smith 

Mulraney 

Naismith

The point was more that with the signings we have made or should have made, we should not be in a position at that this stage of the season where if everyone is fit we are debating two of the starting places.  After Saturday, we could have Haring, Naismith and Uche out with five places to debate. It shows how weak and poor the signings made have been.

Bazzas right boot

Naismith out is shite. 

If Uche and Haring end up out as well I'll cry. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

1874robbo
47 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Mental that some fans don’t appreciate a hard working player who whilst limited technically will work his bollocks off chasing and closing down players.

no team likes being pressed whilst in position and it's something we don’t do enough off!!

why?

because our players are lazy feckers who don’t have the energy to do it.

naismith does it and is it any coincidence mistakes happen through players being put under pressure.

look at our goal v Motherwell when uche got injured for an example.

all teams need players with high energy levels and Edwards I feel gives you that.

cant see olly lee or Clare or Maclean or Cochrane(I could go on) doing that job.

tbese guys are blowing out their arse.

in Clare’s case it’s prob more laziness tbf 

Smith&Weston

It’s all mind games.  Playing down the fans expectations that he will play and then giving the team a much needed boost on the week of the game.

zlamal

smith Souttar Berra ?

clare Djoum Haring Naismith Mulraney

Uche

The Old Tolbooth
24 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Its already one of those for me even if Naismith does make it!

To be honest, me too! :lol: 

20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Mental that some fans don’t appreciate a hard working player who whilst limited technically will work his bollocks off chasing and closing down players.

no team likes being pressed whilst in position and it's something we don’t do enough off!!

why?

naismith does it and is it any coincidence mistakes happen through players being put under pressure.

all teams need players with high energy levels and Edwards I feel gives you that.

cant see olly lee or Clare or Maclean or Cochrane(I could go on) doing that job.

There's hard working then there's a headless chicken. Edwards was a headless chicken at the weekend, very easy to play around, but if you're happy with that then fair doos.

Edited by DG_HMFC

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

My thoughts exactly!  And thankfully my bus is an early one for 11am check in at some bowling club in Glasgow I believe.  I’ll be making the most of the cheap prices!

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

My thoughts exactly!  And thankfully my bus is an early one for 11am check in at some bowling club in Glasgow I believe.  I’ll be making the most of the cheap prices!

We're the same mate, a bowling club in Clarkston early doors with food laid on and stuff, with a bit luck I'll be refused entry due to being too pished :lol: 

1 hour ago, Snedescu said:

That sounds like a good idea.  Let's put them to one side and forget about them as though they have not happened/will not happen.

Putting them to one side what cup final selection would you make?

25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That sounds like a good idea.  Let's put them to one side and forget about them as though they have not happened/will not happen.

Putting them to one side what cup final selection would you make?

We have played 19 different players in the three games played since the semi final. These changes are not all down to injuries and there is no consistency in the selections. The likelihood is that the team playing in the final will not have played a recent game together before the final.  

I don’t see what the point of letting you know my 11 would be but I will play

along. Making the assumption Uche is fit by Haring and Naismith are not then my 11 would be Bobby, Michael Smith, Souter, Berra, Dikamona, Mulraney, Djoum, Bozanic, Cochrane, Edwards and Uche. 

I would also had played them consistently since the semi final and not tinkered with the team like Levein has.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

why?

Agreed, Uche got injured when a player stood on his foot in another incident in the same game apparently.

1874robbo
3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

There's hard working then there's a headless chicken. Edwards was a headless chicken at the weekend, very easy to play around, but if you're happy with that then fair doos.

I would certainly be making sure their fitness is up for next season and any incoming players have the required energy levels and heart for a fight when required!!!

too many of our signings over the last few seasons have been too pedestrian and gutless!!

1874robbo
3 hours ago, Snedescu said:

We have played 19 different players in the three games played since the semi final. These changes are not all down to injuries and there is no consistency in the selections. The likelihood is that the team playing in the final will not have played a recent game together before the final.  

I don’t see what the point of letting you know my 11 would be but I will play

along. Making the assumption Uche is fit by Haring and Naismith are not then my 11 would be Bobby, Michael Smith, Souter, Berra, Dikamona, Mulraney, Djoum, Bozanic, Cochrane, Edwards and Uche. 

I would also had played them consistently since the semi final and not tinkered with the team like Levein has.

The problem we have is that I believe our manager doesn’t know his best 11 which is staggering considering we are at the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No he didn’t, but milinkovic and lafferty did.

Robbo-Jambo
8 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Levein has previous for making comments like this.

I for one would not be surprised to see Naismith, if not starting be at least on the bench.

3 weeks is still a while off and with Naismiths experience he could still make the squad even with no game time before. He came straight back last time without a run out for the reserves or anything

Edited by Robbo-Jambo