Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I’ve met Harry Potter on several occasions and he is very much a decent guy.

How many times have you met him?

By ‘meeting someone’ do you then have a full judge of their character?

Only last week, I was astounded to see a guy I’d known for years posting pro-Tommy Robinson/racist stuff on Facebook...a guy that had never given any sign of holding views of that kind in any way previously. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well said, the Union Jack flag waving or not shouldn't come into it - if it's racism it's racism 

I think the poster that you are referring to has her own political agenda and wants an independent Scotland, which is absolutely fine, but the forum shouldn't be used as a place to try and curry favour for what she believes is right politically hence I've sort of switched off to her posts when It comes to bigotry as they are very tiresome 

Have to agree. I am 100% for Independence and detest the mini huns in our support but that poster bangs on about it on every thread for no reason and is, as you say, using the board to promote her political views all the time so her sometimes valid points are lost

Would always defend section N but its getting hard now. Bang out of order that. The people that done it would have went wild if a black hearts player had scored. Wtf were they thinking!

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

By ‘meeting someone’ do you then have a full judge of their character?

Only last week, I was astounded to see a guy I’d known for years posting pro-Tommy Robinson/racist stuff on Facebook...a guy that had never given any sign of holding views of that kind in any way previously. 

Have sat and drank with him on a few occasions and my mates have known him for a lot longer than I have so I’m pretty content he’s a good guy. ??

29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There are plenty people within Section N who don’t engage in any of this nonsense. They’ve chosen a seat in there for different reasons. Reasons like being able to stand for the game, a better atmosphere and a great view of the pitch. 

By shutting the section and shunting everyone around the ground, even if they’ve done nothing wrong isn’t the right reaction to a handful of idiots. I’d certainly feel like I’m being punished by having to accept a seat in the stadium I don’t want because of the actions of a minority. 

I can only speak for myself, but I’d have absolutely zero qualms about reporting anyone for racist abuse. None whatsoever. 

It’s up to the good guys in section N to weed out the trouble or face being removed from the area then I guess.

21 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

So going by that, you’ve never heard any Sectarian or racist abuse around you in Section N previously?

Seems fairly odd...or have you reported people previously?

I’ve reported someone for racist abuse before, yes. 

15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I find racism the most abhorrent form of discrimination or abuse. It disgusts me to the core.

There seems to be this seriously misguided element in our support that has immersed themselves in all things sectarian and now it’s manifesting itself in this right wing Tommy Robinson, Britain first fascism. It’s absolutely disgusting and something you’d expect from Chelsea, Millwall, Rangers or West Ham, not Heart of Midlothian.

They are a disgrace to this club and they should receive lifetime bans. 

Agree with every word.

A simple chant borrowed (and altered slightly), from the Dead Kennedys. Would love to hear this echoing round Tynecastle.

Nazi Hearts **** Off

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

It’s up to the good guys in section N to weed out the trouble or face being removed from the area then I guess.

By some accounts, that’s what happened yesterday. 

But it’s the responsibility of anyone attending a Hearts game to weed out any troublemakers. 

14 hours ago, Captain Tom Purdie said:

Realy,its time to get your head out the sand with the old usual minority pish.

The problem is in more areas than one

What other areas would that be ?

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If Robinson has seen a video then should everyone not be able to see this video or if it is sub-juice is he in contempt of court? He also states he heard the abuse which tbh I find a little hard to believe given his position in the ground. 

:laugh:Just noticed that sub-judice was changed by spell check automatically.

Seymour M Hersh
37 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Would always defend section N but its getting hard now. Bang out of order that. The people that done it would have went wild if a black hearts player had scored. Wtf were they thinking!

I doubt that thinking is involved.

47 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Close section N.

Yeah.

Let's give into the halfwits.

What a stupid stupid post.

And I mean stupid.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There are plenty people within Section N who don’t engage in any of this nonsense. They’ve chosen a seat in there for different reasons. Reasons like being able to stand for the game, a better atmosphere and a great view of the pitch. 

Being able to stand , better

atmosphere ? Maybe .

Great view of the pitch ? Stop it 

A regular thing in England it seems. Perhaps we'll all take it seriously in football now. 

Though sometimes these incidents are a sign of something dying out. A last hurrah by the racists. 

Edited by Mikey1874

17 hours ago, Dolf_lundgren said:

Punishment should bring locked in a room with Uche and Dikamona and see how brave they feel then.

disgusting 

Big uche on his own would sort all 10 of them.

chester copperpot

I haven't been back since the Murrayfield semi final.

As a Catholic I was deeply offended by the sheer number of idiots singing sectarian stuff that day.

I swore I wouldn't be back until this was all sorted out and I stand by that.

Our small minority is sadly growing, and I for one want no part of it. **** off to Rangers with that pish!

11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Being able to stand , better

atmosphere ? Maybe .

Great view of the pitch ? Stop it 

I very much like my view from N. 

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

As a Catholic I was deeply offended by the sheer number of idiots singing sectarian stuff that day.

Our small minority is sadly growing, and I for one want no part of it. **** off to Rangers with that pish!

I suspect you’ll never be back at a Hearts game, in that case. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Fair enough but , frankly , you dilute your argument by saying its a great view .

You are stuck low down in a corner 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Me too. I sit there because of the fact one end of the pitch is adjacent to the away end. Adds to the atmosphere, and the get-it-right-up-you potential. 

chester copperpot
Just now, Peebo said:

I suspect you’ll never be back at a Hearts game, in that case. 

To be honest, I am for walking away from the Scottish game. Sick fed up of it if I am honest.

16 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Sorry to hear that 

Hopefully things can improve enough

What amazes me, or doesn't really, is the media reporting of this.  Without trying to minimise the incident(s), it is receiving headline coverage because it is news. No mention of the arse cheeks' supporters belting out sectarian bile EVERY game because that is not news.  It happens all of the time so not worth reporting the same thing over and again.

We should not get this out of the perspective nor should we ignore it.   2 people have been arrested and they will be dealt with appropriately by the law but in addition, the club will most likely ban them from the ground.  I don't know what else people realistically want or suggest can be done.

13 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Me too. I sit there because of the fact one end of the pitch is adjacent to the away end. Adds to the atmosphere, and the get-it-right-up-you potential. 

Ok but not a great view of the actual game is it ?

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Ok but not a great view of the actual game is it ?

I have a good view. I’m not in the lower section, though. Even still, the proximity to the away end enhances the view of the game. 

Edited by Peebo

Mid Calder Jambo
19 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

To be honest, I am for walking away from the Scottish game. Sick fed up of it if I am honest.

Chester there is varying forms of abuse in every counrtry that has football being played.  I can see your point about the sectarian issue but chosing to stay away ensures that these anul sphincters win.  Come back and fight against them with the rest of us.

23 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

?

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What amazes me, or doesn't really, is the media reporting of this.  Without trying to minimise the incident(s), it is receiving headline coverage because it is news. No mention of the arse cheeks' supporters belting out sectarian bile EVERY game because that is not news.  It happens all of the time so not worth reporting the same thing over and again.

We should not get this out of the perspective nor should we ignore it.   2 people have been arrested and they will be dealt with appropriately by the law but in addition, the club will most likely ban them from the ground.  I don't know what else people realistically want or suggest can be done.

That's right.

News works that way. Same as gushing over Kilmarnock.

Over all people have that perspective.

Just accept 'Hearts are a racist club' is out there. Maybe among potential ponsors and potential fans too.

But overall Hearts dealing with it and the wider work we do will overcome all that. 

Edited by Mikey1874

27 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Fair enough but , frankly , you dilute your argument by saying its a great view .

Are you in Section N Lower?

Sexton Hardcastle
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It’s just one thing after another with our idiot ignorant support. 

SLY will be creaming his pants he’s tapped in to such a moronic and easily groomed bunch of bellends.

1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It’s just one thing after another with our idiot ignorant support. 

SLY will be creaming his pants he’s tapped in to such a moronic and easily groomed bunch of bellends.

SYL, shirley? 

Am not going back coz we are crap/coz it's cold/ coz we have bigots/racist fans/ coz we have injuries/ coz don't like budge, no you go back coz we are Hearts.

Surely the club will issue a statement condemning this racial abuse in the strongest possible terms, if they haven't already done so. This kind of obnoxious behaviour must be stamped out quickly before it grows. The media and fans from other clubs are waiting for an official reaction from Hearts.

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

SYL, shirley? 

Ken what I mean just as everyone is starting to ken a growing majority of hearts fans are racist bigot twats.

Cant wait for the meltdown to Anne’s statement tomorrow as they take to twitter calling for fans not bans.

40 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Think you may need to grow up a few years before coming back to football. If this sort of thing is stopping you watching the football team you support then you may have a long wait

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Am not going back coz we are crap/coz it's cold/ coz we have bigots/racist fans/ coz we have injuries/ coz don't like budge, no you go back coz we are Hearts.

Agreed.

been here before
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Are you in Section N Lower?

There's the bell...

Its like Pavlovs Dunphy.

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Ken what I mean just as everyone is starting to ken a growing majority of hearts fans are racist bigot twats.

Cant wait for the meltdown to Anne’s statement tomorrow as they take to twitter calling for fans not bans.

Racist buffoons are not unique to Hearts, and racism is nothing new. The reaction (from all stakeholders) is tiresome. Meanwhile, the lack of comment (from many of the same stakeholders) on the 3,000+ Rangers fans singing sectarian bile  all game last week is depressingly predictable. 

39 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Nothing wrong with the view in section N. Have sat in there a couple of times since the new stand was built. It all depends on how you like to view your football. For some it may be side on. Some it may be close to the pitch and others may be from behind the goals. 

If there's anything good to come of this, then it starts with the immediate arrest of these morons. Every club has them, so I hope they also act as swiftly as ours did. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

If there's anything good to come of this, then it starts with the immediate arrest of these morons. Every club has them, so I hope they also act as swiftly as ours did. 

Exactly.  It means more bad press for us but in the long run, no pain no gain.  Let’s not pretend it’s just Hearts though,  Sterling was racially abused by Chelsea fans too yesterday.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly.  It means more bad press for us but in the long run, no pain no gain.  Let’s not pretend it’s just Hearts though,  Sterling was racially abused by Chelsea fans too yesterday.

Seen that too. Just saw some long insta post from him. Not sure if it’s because he was so angry when he posted or he’s just not intelligent at all I could barely understand it but he seems to be blaming the press’ coverage of a young black teammate buying his mum a house for deeprooted racism

26 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

This kind of obnoxious behaviour must be stamped out quickly before it grows. The media and fans from other clubs are waiting for an official reaction from Hearts.

You talk like this is some new phenomenon to reach Tynecastle. Racism is nothing new at the ground.

avhudtheteeshirt
12 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Season ticket holder for over 40 years and I have seen some shocking racist behaviour over the years,remember the Mark Walters incident well.Today I was not aware of any incident as I was watching a game of football,however I am sure the relevant authorities will have this well in hand with a little bit help from our beloved Scottish journalists.Sadly our first 3 points for a while has been tarnished by some half wits,on what was a cold and totally lifeless stadium.

I sat for years in front of a group of Hearts fans who would shout about Darren Beckford being a soap dish dodger?

The fans finally had enough and informed the security, who then pulled out the one in the group who had never shouted anything got pulled and warned about their behaviour.

At the next home match he had moved his season ticket to the Old Stand, and funnily enough never heard anymore comment from behind after it!

The reason I know how and what happened was I worked beside the guy who was pulled, so I got the story first hand!!!!

1 minute ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Seen that too. Just saw some long insta post from him. Not sure if it’s because he was so angry when he posted or he’s just not intelligent at all I could barely understand it but he seems to be blaming the press’ coverage of a young black teammate buying his mum a house for deeprooted racism

Is sterlings message that difficult to understand. Might not be worded exactly how everyone would expect people to speak, but very clear his points.

Yesterday the abuse he took didn’t surprise him, hence why he laughed.

Then used two stories that the Mail ran about two players, one white and one black and the negativity on the black player. Clearly showing the examples of how the media don’t help the situation. 

Good on him to finally speak out as some of the nonsense he has put up with in his career is disgusting.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 minute ago, jamie1874 said:

Is sterlings message that difficult to understand. Might not be worded exactly how everyone would expect people to speak, but very clear his points.

Yesterday the abuse he took didn’t surprise him, hence why he laughed.

Then used two stories that the Mail ran about two players, one white and one black and the negativity on the black player. Clearly showing the examples of how the media don’t help the situation. 

Good on him to finally speak out as some of the nonsense he has put up with in his career is disgusting.

Thanks. I didn’t know the background and his grammar made my eyes bleed. He makes a good point about the Daily Mail’s coverage. 

Ford Prentice
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Please reconsider. There's no doubt there's been more of it recently but if we leave, the morons win.

• cosanostra locked this topic