Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

12 hours ago, sadj said:

Quick question not specifically aimed at yourself but we’ve got people on here and other social media outlets saying they were released without charge its all false allegations etc then we have Police Scotland saying two persons were arrested in relation to the incident and reported to the Procurator Fiscal.

Question therefore is can you be reported to the procurator fiscal without being charged? 

No is the answer. You have to be charged to be reported to the PF.. He / she decides if there is a " likelihood" of a successful conviction or they wont take it to court.   Corrobation evidence would be needed. In other words anyone nearby who heard the racist language and are willing to give a statement 

Edited by JamesM48

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

18 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Yep.

And?

Shite chat, perpetuated by absolute arseholes.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And that has been your only indiscretion ever at a football match or elsewhere?

If you're trying to find out if I've ever racially abused someone, you're shit out of luck.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Surely this will help your son realise that in life some people hold distasteful views. 

Aye, your right at 6 year old he needs to know that. I should actually be thanking the scumbags in our support for providing valuable life lessons.

I came on to bask in the aftermath of yesterday's result and ended up reading about the inbreds within our support. :shame:

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Aye, your right at 6 year old he needs to know that. I should actually be thanking the scumbags in our support for providing valuable life lessons.

I don’t take my kids to the football. It’s not the environment for them at 6 and under. 

19 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Section N should be closed.

Yes those seats are responsible for it all.

Tynecastle should be closed to those who do not follow the rules regarding racism and sectarianism.

Did you not post the same stupid shit earlier in the thread.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

I don’t take my kids to the football. It’s not the environment for them at 6 and under. 

Then the ‘enviornment’ needs to change, it’s not ‘ok’ to be a bigot or a racist and if someone is either then apologies or allowances shouldn’t be made.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, grumpyjambo said:

Allegedly

Ok, he made it up then?  Why did you feel the need to add that?  Chelsea, the police and FA are certainly taking it seriously enough to investigate it so I doubt it will fall under the nothing to see category.

30 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Section N should be closed.

Which section do you sit in ? Hamilton game someone sitting next to you shouts racist, homophobic, sectarian nonsense. Should the section be closed ?

26 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Always, aye?

Well certainly in the last 15 years where I have been a regular. And have heard from other posters, older family members that Sectarian issues existed prior to that. 

23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shite chat, perpetuated by absolute arseholes.

If you're trying to find out if I've ever racially abused someone, you're shit out of luck.

I'm not trying to do that all.

You have admitted you have verbally abused others and that could cover many things such as religion, sexual orientation, nationality and even features like ginger hair.  I'm just wondering what was your worst such transgression and how was it different from yesterday's situation?

Just now, JamboAl said:

You have admitted you have verbally abused others and that could cover many things such as religion, sexual orientation, nationality and even features like ginger hair.  I'm just wondering what was your worst such transgression and how was it different from yesterday's situation?

None of the above.

30 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Then the ‘enviornment’ needs to change, it’s not ‘ok’ to be a bigot or a racist and if someone is either then apologies or allowances shouldn’t be made.

Of course the environment has to change. Football has made tremendous strides in eradicating this nonsense. Talking in cliches is not going to do any good. 

49 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No is the answer. You have to be charged to be reported to the PF.. He / she decides if there is a " likelihood" of a successful conviction or they wont take it to court.   Corrobation evidence would be needed. In other words anyone nearby who heard the racist language and are willing to give a statement 

Whether they're charged or not will make no difference to them being banned. Their names will be known and that's enough. 

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

People having a pop at CC because he has decided he no longer wants to sit in a crowd of people who sing and chant about hating or slashing him because of his religion... 

:cornette:

Depressing.

PontiusPilate
51 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

How do you know they are your kids, have you had them dna tested?

2 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Bbc reporting the 2x arrested at the game have been banned from life from tynie 

Good news. Have they been named?

12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Of course the environment has to change. Football has made tremendous strides in eradicating this nonsense. Talking in cliches is not going to do any good. 

Has it? Seems that it is back. I would suspect that it is merely a reflection of a right-wing resurgence in society as a whole. It is just that in the tribal environment of football people push the boat out a more in regard to doing and saying stuff they would not otherwise do & say in public. 

Budge is right and a zero tolerance approach is the only thing that will counter it. Immediate lifetime bans for those 2 from yesterday and anyone who chucks coins etc. If Section N want to take the view that there is safety in numbers and stand united with the trash that is in there amongst them, then Budge will be well within her rights to seperate the whole lot of them around the stadium. The ones who cannot behave won't feel quite so brave if the people around them are not so supportive , accepting and protective of their poison...

been here before
30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're wasting your time. You're dealing with a man with the following 'logic'...

We should treat with distain any complaints from Motherwell fans as the "indignance from Motherwell fans is a bit contradictory as their support used to boo Hearts players of a certain colour for quite a few years during the Romanov era". So we dismiss them.

Now by extension given Hearts fans threw bananas and made monkey noises at Mark Walters in 1988 our own disgust and indignance should presumably be dismissed likewise.

The alleged abuse stemmed from Section N. He is of the opinion that if you dont frequent Section N then "why would you care what happens there?". Again by extension this in turn negates everyone not only in the stadium yesterday but pretty much the whole of humanity from caring or having an opinion about this

Oddly enough he states himself he wasnt in Section N yesterday so why he cares or would be interested in the incident makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're wasting your time. You're dealing with a man with the following 'logic'...

We should treat with distain any complaints from Motherwell fans as the "indignance from Motherwell fans is a bit contradictory as their support used to boo Hearts players of a certain colour for quite a few years during the Romanov era". So we dismiss them.

Now by extension given Hearts fans threw bananas and made monkey noises at Mark Walters in 1988 our own disgust and indignance should presumably be dismissed likewise.

The alleged abuse stemmed from Section N. He is of the opinion that if you dont frequent Section N then "why would you care what happens there?". Again by extension this in turn negates everyone not only in the stadium yesterday but pretty much the whole of humanity from caring or having an opinion about this

Oddly enough he states himself he wasnt in Section N yesterday so why he cares or would be interested in the incident makes no sense.

It's cute how much I get to you.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You're tying yourself in knots, and when other posters reply to you with salient points, you turn into a 13 year old.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You really dont. I love your having a meltdown on every thread where the Section N bell goes off and the resultant Pavlovic intesive cluster**** slavering it induces in you.

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're tying yourself in knots, and when other posters reply to you with salient points, you turn into a 13 year old.

The only input into this thread by that poster has been directed solely at me.

Funnily enough, completely ignoring all my posts expressing delight that Tynecastle will be minus two racist scumbags vs Hamilton.

Edit: He asks why I'm concerning myself with the behaviour of racists at Tynecastle. Perhaps I'm a little more sensitive to this kind of thing, because my nephew spent a few years at primary school being bullied for being mixed race.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

been here before

The only input into this thread by that poster has been directed solely at me.

Funnily enough, completely ignoring all my posts expressing delight that Tynecastle will be minus two racist scumbags vs Hamilton.

Im not ignoring that fact. Im pointing out using your own 'reasoning' (for want of a better phrase) that your "delight" is redundant. You, by your own previous posts, have no right or relevance to hold these veiws and that they are infact "contradictory".

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Totally agree. I don't know CC personally but to my mind he comes across as a good bloke, intelligent, and obviously he has principles. That alone earns respect from an old codger like me.

If he doesn't want to attend matches because of religious or racist abuse then that is his prerogative and fair play to him for that.

People criticising CC really need to engage their brains before having a go at him. 

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

I would have thought with someone with such high morals that the Catholic Church covering up the child abuse scandal and the church’s horrendous policy in Africa might have led you to stop going. 

Some poor posts on this thread.

Disgraceful that CC, or any Jambo with the club's best interest at heart, feels he can't go to games because of the behaviour of some bellends in our support who'd be better ****ing off to Ibrox .

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not ignoring that fact. Im pointing out using your own 'reasoning' (for want of a better phrase) that your "delight" is redundant. You, by your own previous post, have no right or relevance to hold these veiws and that they are infact "contradictory".

No, your entire input into this thread has been around one throwaway comment that wasn't even serious. Completely ignoring posts like this one;

21 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Get that kind of behaviour right to ****. 

My opening post on this very thread. 

And as for your comment about why I should be bothered. Have you ever had to explain to a child why someone called them a "n1gger"? I doubt it. Now do us both a favour and bore off.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

To be honest, I am for walking away from the Scottish game. Sick fed up of it if I am honest.

It was much worse years ago don’t you think? Btw I’ll admit to being as big an arsehole as anyone when I was younger, I thought being anti catholic was part of being a Hearts supporter tbh but like I say I think it was much much worse back in the 90’s for this stuff. It hadn’t disappeared but signing Lafferty brought it all back with a vengeance definitely. 

If you don’t mind me asking how did you put up with it then? I’ll be honest I don’t know how a catholic would even become a hearts supporter back then it certainly wasn’t a welcoming place. I couldn’t have went to a ground and listened to songs about Protestants I’ll be honest and I certainly don’t blame you for being sickened by it though. 

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It was much worse years ago don’t you think? Btw I’ll admit to being as big an arsehole as anyone when I was younger, I thought being anti catholic was part of being a Hearts supporter tbh but like I say I think it was much much worse back in the 90’s for this stuff. It hadn’t disappeared but signing Lafferty brought it all back with a vengeance definitely. 

If you don’t mind me asking how did you put up with it then? I’ll be honest I don’t know how a catholic would even become a hearts supporter back then it certainly wasn’t a welcoming place. I couldn’t have went to a ground and listened to songs about Protestants I’ll be honest and I certainly don’t blame you for being sickened by it though. 

When I was younger just thought it was banter and could deal with it. Haven't been comfortable for a couple of years though and just can't do it and block it out anymore.

Last I will post on this thread as don't want it to become about me.

Closing sections is maybe a little heavy handed unless there is video evidence of 100 or so all joining in.

Given the stewards and police congregate next to lower N by the vehicle ramp it is crazy a loud minority see themselves as invincible.

Arrests during the game, even if it causes commotion. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

When I was younger just thought it was banter and could deal with it. Haven't been comfortable for a couple of years though and just can't do it and block it out anymore.

Last I will post on this thread as don't want it to become about me.

That’s a shame pal. Understand though. 

14 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Some poor posts on this thread.

Disgraceful that CC, or any Jambo with the club's best interest at heart, feels he can't go to games because of the behaviour of some bellends in our support who'd be better ****ing off to Ibrox .

He can go to games. He’s just being an utter drama queen. 

Bridge of Djoum
51 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Bbc reporting the 2x arrested at the game have been banned from life from tynie 

Good. 

Let's get them named.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Did I hear a chant of 'stand up if you hate Kickback' during the match too?! I could have sworn that's what was being sung but my brother disagreed.

You did. By the same people who were arrested.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He can go to games. He’s just being an utter drama queen. 

I thought you were a decent poster, however, you've completely embarrassed yourself on this thread. Maybe best you take a step away and think. CC is absolutely right with his view, not that he needs any of us to validate his personal stance.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I expect the club will be doing somthing after the section has ignored the two emails and every games racist behaviour. 

Area may well be shut down for a while. 

FTFY

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Oh dear.  A paragon of virtue - and evasive.

Not at all. This thread is about people shouting racist abuse at a Motherwell player.

I've never racially abused anyone, so I'm quite free to point these people are scum.

1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Which section do you sit in ? Hamilton game someone sitting next to you shouts racist, homophobic, sectarian nonsense. Should the section be closed ?

Exactly 

It shouldn't be closed it just has to be policed properly which going by yesterday is starting to happen . 

Ministry of Football
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Think it will be, perhaps along with lower G. Will cost the club money but that doesn't matter to the racists and bigots in our support. Hopefully they will disappear to Ibrox where they will be welcomed with open arms.

There is absolutely no place for inappropriate behavior and anyone doing so should be given a sizable ban. You can't however categorise everyone in certain sections as the same. 

I'm pretty sure many of these people have not even grown ball hair number 1 yet. There is nothing wrong with a bit of an edge, as long as a folk stay within acceptability. Some crossed the line badly yesterday, and they will hopefully be taught a lesson in decency. It is however it's a football ground, not a rotary club meeting. The atmosphere at Tynecastle remains the best in the country, it is one of the few advantages we have. 

The holier than thou attitude  by some on here is way over the top. Individuals need punished not swathes of the whole support. 

been here before

42 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, your entire input into this thread has been around one throwaway comment that wasn't even serious. Completely ignoring posts like this one;

My opening post on this very thread. 

And as for your comment about why I should be bothered. Have you ever had to explain to a child why someone called them a "n1gger"? I doubt it. Now do us both a favour and bore off.

Ahhh the old 'I wasnt being serious' cop out.

Its not me saying you shouldnt be bothered, its you. If you dont sit in N then "why do you care what happens there". You werent in N yesterday so why care? Its your 'logic'.

As Phil, you're not the only one who has ever had to have those type of conversations. Might be an idea to get over yourself a bit.

Just now, been here before said:

Ahhh the old 'I wasnt being serious' cop out.

Its not me saying you shouldnt be bothered, its you. If you dont sit in N then "why do you care what happens there". You werent in N yesterday so why care? Its your 'logic'.

As Phil, you're not the only one who has ever had to have those type of conversations. Might be an idea to get over yourself a bit.

You quoting me out of context is getting boring now.

Seriously, put me on ignore. Your whole experience of Kickback will likely improve if you're able to respond to the content of someones post, rather than the name attached to it.

been here before

You quoting me out of context is getting boring now.

Seriously, put me on ignore. Your whole experience of Kickback will likely improve if you're able to respond to the content of someones post, rather than the name attached to it.

Theres nothing at all out of context. Its from a thread about Section N.

Where did yesterdays shitbaggery eminate from?

Lets stop playing the victim here Phil. You're quick enough to dish shit out and dismiss others when it suits...

Put you on ignore and miss the entertainment of your childlike slaverings?

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Already identified and banned...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46500299

Bangers on Twitter already saying Ann is killing the club. I know a few of them personally, and they are indeed arseholes. Also happens they inhabit N.

No, Phil, not everyone in N is an arsehole, but it's a sizeable, vocal and entirely thick as **** minority.

No, Phil. N should not be closed, but these ***** need lifetime bans. 

Trust me, after they are banned, they will spend more time at Glentoran games. A place they visit frequently as it is. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

22 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not at all. This thread is about people shouting racist abuse at a Motherwell player.

I've never racially abused anyone, so I'm quite free to point these people are scum.

I think other forms of verbal abuse have just as bad an effect on the victim and if you consider racist abusers to be scum that must also apply to you since you admit you have done it.

• cosanostra locked this topic