Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, heartmussel said:

You know what you have changed my mind, yes let’s empty the Hearts support and leave the scum to sing away throw objects at our players take there money and applaud them they are just having a bit of fun.Have to pop got a paper round to do.Will leave you to do the washing before your wife gets up.

FFS.

Grow up.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

People having a pop at CC because he has decided he no longer wants to sit in a crowd of people who sing and chant about hating or slashing him because of his religion... 

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

People having a pop at CC because he has decided he no longer wants to sit in a crowd of people who sing and chant about hating or slashing him because of his religion... 

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

A regular thing in England it seems. Perhaps we'll all take it seriously in football now. 

Though sometimes these incidents are a sign of something dying out. A last hurrah by the racists. 

I'm surprised the sun haven't managed to spin it to make it Sterling's fault by leaving the pitch or something. Or maybe they have, I don't know. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

None whatsoever.

Just to confirm. You've never heard racist or sectarian abuse whilst in N?

29 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Is sterlings message that difficult to understand. Might not be worded exactly how everyone would expect people to speak, but very clear his points.

Yesterday the abuse he took didn’t surprise him, hence why he laughed.

Then used two stories that the Mail ran about two players, one white and one black and the negativity on the black player. Clearly showing the examples of how the media don’t help the situation. 

Good on him to finally speak out as some of the nonsense he has put up with in his career is disgusting.

yep the headlines for the two stories were worlds apart considering both players are at man city and both bought houses for their mothers for around £2M. The only difference was the colour of their skin

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just to confirm. You've never heard racist or sectarian abuse whilst in N?

I've heard racism in every part of Tynecastle I've been in.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:spoton:

it sounds like for CC this has been the straw that broke the camels back

6 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Pleasing thought of the day: those maggots will be waking up in a cell this morning. :pleasing:

:pleasingao:

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Have you never verbally abused anyone in a spontaneous reaction to an incident at a football match or even elsewhere?

Just now, JamboAl said:

Have you never verbally abused anyone in a spontaneous reaction to an incident at a football match or even elsewhere?

Of course I have. Anyone who says they haven't is a liar.

I've never made reference to the colour of their skin, however.

Bridge of Djoum

Your stubbornness in not engaging as an adult and sticking to ''how am I aggressive'' is laughable.

FWIW I broadly agree with you. It's a shame a few will ruin things for the many. However, there are points I think you're being myopic to an extent on.

I have been in N many times over the years, my season ticket was in G. N is by far and away where you will find the utter bangers in our support. Yes, they are in other areas, of course. Racist and sectarian incidents and language are more common in N than you are admitting to. 

Twice whilst in N I reported racist shite to stewards. And once in G. Indeed, on more than one occasion I have mentioned the incident in question on here. A guy standing up and giving it monkey chants at a player on the pitch. He was swiftly told to ''STFU Caveman''. Him and his pals shuffled away. 

Also, you claim N is a good view of the pitch? It isn't really. Not lower N anyway.

Now, what does my geography have to do with my support of the club? Or are we not going there?

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So it's only colour prejudice that bothers you?

Bridge of Djoum
14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

That's entirely possible. However, it is a real problem in N and something must be done. It may have to be drastic but that's what happens when patrons are continually reminded of the rules and the cannot follow simple ****** instructions!

Stop engaging in whatabouttery. 

Psychedelicropcircle

These things usually fly round social media! Has anyone seen the video as yet? Did the Motherwell manager not say he heard it ? From section N ? 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

More whatabouttery.

19 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

2 arrested at Tynie both Hearts fans.

Video evidence and directed at the Motherwell sub according to the radio.

Good if fans have identified the culprits.

Radio saying 10/20 fans if that is the case i hope there are a few getting emptied.

Aye but what about the atmosphere tho eh?

I hope this sends a message to the knuckle draggers amongst us. Doubt it though. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

More whatabouttery.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That's entirely possible. However, it is a real problem in N and something must be done. It may have to be drastic but that's what happens when patrons are continually reminded of the rules and the cannot follow simple ****** instructions!

Stop engaging in whatabouttery. 

"Whataboutery" is me justifying their behaviour by saying it happens everywhere. 

I've never once justified what happened yesterday. I'm sorry that me saying that it's not a problem confined to the first ten rows of Section N offends you. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So it's only colour prejudice that bothers you?

Perhaps you should just come right out with what you're hinting at.

3 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Doubt your standards of decency.

The irony of you calling out brain dead idiots then behaving like one yourself. 

33 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Tells you all you need to know

Still the lead SPL story on BBC sport; lead video and they tweeted an “Utterly shocking” tweet and report about it last night.

Way to go Section Neanderthal!!

(and I’m the bad guy....)

Edited by Jammy T

Bridge of Djoum

"Whataboutery" is me justifying their behaviour by saying it happens everywhere. 

I've never once justified what happened yesterday. I'm sorry that me saying that it's not a problem confined to the first ten rows of Section N offends you. 

There ends the ''debate'' with you. No one is accusing you of anything. 

Back in the day I yelled unsavory things at opposing players and fans. Nothing to do with race, but other things, absolutely I did. That was on me, it was wrong and I don't ****** care if others were doing it, Hearts fans or otherwise. I was an arsehole. Thing  is I grew up and saw my behavior was cretinous. No whatabouttery from me, and I'm trying to engage with you. You are retarding the argument. N needs direct and swift action. I'll support the club in whatever action it takes. I'm genuinely sorry if that affects you.. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

10 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

These things usually fly round social media! Has anyone seen the video as yet? Did the Motherwell manager not say he heard it ? From section N ? 

He has said he has seen the video - he’d have got access to it from the media covering it at the ground.

Are you daft enough to say he is lying?

Bridge of Djoum

Whether yesterday's alleged incident happened or not, there is no getting away from N having a real problem. Let's not forget that.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly.  It means more bad press for us but in the long run, no pain no gain.  Let’s not pretend it’s just Hearts though,  Sterling was racially abused by Chelsea fans too yesterday.

Allegedly

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You have obviously engaged in this type of behaviour before, perhaps in a moment of weakness.  What were the circumstances, did you apologise to the victim(s) and beg forgiveness.  What is so different from your transgression(s) and what happened yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I agree with what you are saying, some of the worst things I’ve heard at tynecastle haven’t come from N however they are usually isolated incidents.  I had a ST in N last season, it’s usually the same people but almost every game Isma was getting proper dogs abuse, and it often was directed at him being black. 

Hearts need to be doing something about that, it’s not even just racism either it’s proper below the belt stuff a lot of the time like about Danny Swanson’s mate when Danny Swanson is walking to warm up.  

There are a lot of people in N who like to go there to just stand and watch the game.  I think it’s a great place to watch the game from as you’re right in the middle of the atmosphere and have a great view in big games when we score into the away end.  I also liked it because it was a cheaper section to sit in.   Those guys I’d say are definitely in the minority and it’d be a shame for the normal folk who go there to be put in the same group as the people shouting racism. 

Hopefully the club can continue to ban individuals when they have evidence of it happening, and not use the entire section as a scapegoat for any bother. 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

There ends the ''debate'' with you. No one is accusing you of anything. 

Back in the day I yelled unsavory things at opposing players and fans. Nothing to do with race, but other things, absolutely I did. That was on me, it was wrong and I don't ****** care if others were doing it, Hearts fans or otherwise. I was an arsehole. Thing  is I grew up and saw my behavior was cretinous. No whatabouttery from me, and I'm trying to engage with you. You are retarding the argument. N needs direct and swift action. I'll support the club in whatever action it takes. I'm genuinely sorry if that affects you.. 

You're accusing me of 'whataboutery' when I'm not engaging in anything of the sort. I want all racists chucked out the club, whether they're in Section, Section A or Section X. There's no room for that kind of shite in any walk of life.

My point is, and always has been, that this isn't a problem confined to Section N. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

You're accusing me of 'whataboutery' when I'm not engaging in anything of the sort. I want all racists chucked out the club, whether they're in Section, Section A or Section X. There's no room for that kind of shite in any walk of life.

My point is, and always has been, that this isn't a problem confined to Section N. 

And no one is claiming otherwise. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

You have obviously engaged in this type of behaviour before, perhaps in a moment of weakness.  What were the circumstances, did you apologise to the victim(s) and beg forgiveness.  What is so different from your transgression(s) and what happened yesterday?

Yesterday, while he was about to take a throw in, I told Charles Dunne that I thought his music video was shite. There's a pretty clear difference between that and someone abusing the Motherwell sub for the colour of his skin.

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I haven't been back since the Murrayfield semi final.

As a Catholic I was deeply offended by the sheer number of idiots singing sectarian stuff that day.

I swore I wouldn't be back until this was all sorted out and I stand by that.

Our small minority is sadly growing, and I for one want no part of it. **** off to Rangers with that pish!

Out of interest, how will you know when it is “all sorted out”?

To some extent or any other there has always been a sectarian element. Can only assume you started supporting Hearts fairly recently. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And no one is claiming otherwise. 

So far, in this thread, Section N has been called Section Neanderthal and Section Nonce by members of this board.

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I haven't been back since the Murrayfield semi final.

As a Catholic I was deeply offended by the sheer number of idiots singing sectarian stuff that day.

I swore I wouldn't be back until this was all sorted out and I stand by that.

Our small minority is sadly growing, and I for one want no part of it. **** off to Rangers with that pish!

Do you still go to church? 

40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep the headlines for the two stories were worlds apart considering both players are at man city and both bought houses for their mothers for around £2M. The only difference was the colour of their skin

chester copperpot
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Do you still go to church? 

I regularly go to mass yes. Don't see how that is relative though 

7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I regularly go to mass yes. Don't see how that is relative though 

I would have thought with someone with such high morals that the Catholic Church covering up the child abuse scandal and the church’s horrendous policy in Africa might have led you to stop going. 

19 hours ago, Texia said:

Seen the Motherwell players staring at the group of ******s down the front of Lower N and wondered what was going on. 

Hope they get get the book thrown at them.

I noticed that too, one of their subs was properly staring at the fans as he slowly walked past and I thought it was quite strange. Didn't notice anything else happening but if they have been shouting racist abuse then glad they've been lifted.

Did I hear a chant of 'stand up if you hate Kickback' during the match too?! I could have sworn that's what was being sung but my brother disagreed.

24 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So far, in this thread, Section N has been called Section Neanderthal and Section Nonce by members of this board.

Yep.

And?

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I would have thought with someone with such high morals that the Catholic Church covering up the child abuse scandal and the church’s horrendous policy in Africa might have led you to stop going. 

Shite post. 

The recent revival of racist and ‘fenian’ crap by idiots in the Hearts support is nothing to point score over.

FWIW CC, I get your point. I’m not religious at all but it’s f-ing uncomfortable enough bringing your 6 year old son who is a catholic to games and having to listen to your own fans sing about being up to their knees in fenian blood and explain it.

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yesterday, while he was about to take a throw in, I told Charles Dunne that I thought his music video was shite. There's a pretty clear difference between that and someone abusing the Motherwell sub for the colour of his skin.

And that has been your only indiscretion ever at a football match or elsewhere?

ToadKiller Dog

1 minute ago, JamboSpur said:

Section N should be closed.

I expect the club will be doing somthing after the section has ignored the two emails and yesterday's racist behaviour. 

Area may well be shut down for a while. 

19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Pathetic post and exactly what a died in the wool orange bigot would come out with

jack D and coke
20 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Obviously need to wait and see if they are guilty or not, but if they are, it’s good to know that’ll be two less vermin in the stands. 

This. 

Far too many ready to jump on anyone and scream racist for me these days. 

However if they are then good riddance. 

4 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Think it will be, perhaps along with lower G. Will cost the club money but that doesn't matter to the racists and bigots in our support. Hopefully they will disappear to Ibrox where they will be welcomed with open arms.

6 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

I sit in row 18 of section N. I'd be pretty pissed off if my seat was taken off me.

Clearly Section N won't be getting closed though. 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Pathetic post and exactly what a died in the wool orange bigot would come out with

An orange bigot? 

What a ridiculous post. 

CC made the thread all about him. There’s a group of arseholes who hold sectarian views and they should be banished from Hearts. 

You do realise you have acted like a bigot. 

41 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Out of interest, how will you know when it is “all sorted out”?

To some extent or any other there has always been a sectarian element. Can only assume you started supporting Hearts fairly recently. 

Always, aye?

13 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Shite post. 

The recent revival of racist and ‘fenian’ crap by idiots in the Hearts support is nothing to point score over.

FWIW CC, I get your point. I’m not religious at all but it’s f-ing uncomfortable enough bringing your 6 year old son who is a catholic to games and having to listen to your own fans sing about being up to their knees in fenian blood and explain it.

Surely this will help your son realise that in life some people hold distasteful views. 

• cosanostra locked this topic