Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

Just now, XB52 said:

Took a wee break from this thread to let posters cool down  a bit; came back and seen I8 has now jumped in with his words of wisdom. Time for a longer break while he derails the thread with his ramblings

See ya.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Rangers do not have exclusive rights to all things British and they do not own the Union Jack. People can like it or not but a large percentage of our fan base are proud brits. If people don't like it then they are not obligated to sing it. No-one is that special to dictate what we sing every game. And I never think of Rangers when I sing it. If someone does than that says more about them than the people singing it. 

You're at it. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I assume Budge seen the video for her to impose bans hours after the fact.

No she just went on to e-tickets and selected 2 seats and said “ whoever sits there done it!”. 

Idiot.

1 minute ago, Darkwhisky7 said:

No she just went on to e-tickets and selected 2 seats and said “ whoever sits there done it!”. 

Idiot.

Would not surprise me tbh.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Dunno. Maybe she just did it to bam you up and give you something to whine about for a few hours? 

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Dunno. Maybe she just did it to bam you up and give you something to whine about for a few hours? 

This thread is "Hot" right now. We clearly all like a good whine to be fair.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Rangers do not have exclusive rights to all things British and they do not own the Union Jack. People can like it or not but a large percentage of our fan base are proud brits. If people don't like it then they are not obligated to sing it. No-one is that special to dictate what we sing every game. And I never think of Rangers when I sing it. If someone does than that says more about them than the people singing it. 

I'm curious to know what percentage of our support you perceive to be proud brits to the same extent you are? Genuinely interested. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Bamming up JKB has been used as an excuse for plenty things previously, so maybe she just fancied getting in on the act? 

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Perhaps there's a default position of suspending people if they get arrested in the stadium?

4 minutes ago, communist said:

I'm curious to know what percentage of our support you perceive to be proud brits to the same extent you are? Genuinely interested. 

What is 'my extent'? Singing 1 song that I have sang for 30 years?

Even if I was a 'proud Brit' I would hate the word 'Brit'. 

Horrible abbreviation in itself, but also it rhymes with 'nit' and 'zit' and 'spit' and some other unpleasant things.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

giphy.gif

I like gifs tonight.

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, communist said:

The only real barometer someone could use is the referendum so at best you could say 55% are proud brits? But then football fans are the more of the demographic of independence supporters, working class males, so it's probably less. I think I8 is classic false consensus bias. 

I have been going to Tynecastle since 1986, admittedly my season ticket days have been over that last 12 years but.... 

I have absolutely no idea what this "born under a UJ" song is, it's heartening to know that we have so many Jambos born at sea. Otherwise it shows, even more damningly, that they are just ignorant people who don't know the difference between the Union Flag and Union Jack 

Edited by Bozi

The White Cockade
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What is 'my extent'? Singing 1 song that I have sang for 30 years?

why would anybody go to a Hearts game to sign about their Britishness?

do you sing it at work or when you go shopping in Princes Street or when the Queen is on tv on Christmas Day?

it's a song sung by toe rags for sectarian reasons and possibly to wind up the majority of Hearts fans

Why would Hearts fans do that?

it's a f****ng football match not an Orange Parade

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I have been going to Tynecastle since 1986, admittedly my season ticket days have been over that last 12 years but.... 

I have absolutely no idea what this "born under a UJ" song is, it's heartening to know that we have so many Jambos born at sea. Otherwise it shows, even more damningly, that they are just ignorant people who don't know the difference between the Union Flag and Union Jack 

I’ve only really heard it in pubs before games or at Easter Road, I’m only 24 though.

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The only real barometer someone could use is the referendum so at best you could say 55% are proud brits? But then football fans are the more of the demographic of independence supporters, working class males, so it's probably less. I think I8 is classic false consensus bias. 

Yep. I think many of us can be guilty of assuming our regular group of mates are ‘the norm’, when in fact they often are not. You see it on here quite a lot.

15 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I realise you are trying to be smart and a little cute but if you are going to start calling people ignorant I suggest you read up on this. The British flag is commonly accepted as being referenced as the Union Jack. Almost the entire United Kingdom refers to it as such. I am sure we all know the nautical origins but the only time I ever her the flag being referenced as the "Union Flag" is where people are trying to be smart and cute. Literally a minority of people refer to it as anything but the Union Jack. It is a Universal symbol and the most recognised flag on the planet. A flag universally recognised as the "Union Jack".

Edited by i8hibsh

10 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Was sung away Celtic loads in thelate 90's early 00's.  Don't go there now so don't know if it still is.

5 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

why would anybody go to a Hearts game to sign about their Britishness?

do you sing it at work or when you go shopping in Princes Street or when the Queen is on tv on Christmas Day?

it's a song sung by toe rags for sectarian reasons and possibly to wind up the majority of Hearts fans

Why would Hearts fans do that?

it's a f****ng football match not an Orange Parade

What a ridiculous argument. Of course I don't sing it at work. As I said it is a song that many a Jambo has sung for decades. I do not sing it for political point scoring, I certainly do not go to Tynie to wind up fellow Jambos, I sing it because of nostalgia and being honest I just like it.

39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You really are a few pennies short sometimes ? how about in light of current curcumstances. Indefinite ban until court proceedings are upheld or dismissed. If dismissed then its up to the club if they are welcomed back or not and if they are upheld they will be banned from all grounds.

Or as a club do we just say aye no bother they alleged this about ya but still come into Tynie and possibly do it again meantime. We’ll leave you too it.

While we do the the SFA and Police Scotland say aye Hearts aren’t bothered about possibly breaking the law so we’ll hanmer them.

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps there's a default position of suspending people if they get arrested in the stadium?

Naaaa don’t be sensible Dave ?

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

. It is a Universal symbol and the most recognised flag on the planet. A flag universally recognised as the "Union Jack".

You're starting to sound a wee bit excited now. I'll fetch a bucket of water.

13 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Was sung away Celtic loads in thelate 90's early 00's.  Don't go there now so don't know if it still is.

Kind of reinforces the sung for the wrong reasons argument

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, henry said:

If they were singing about kickback then fair enough. The footage should clear them and the club and police are going to look silly.  

Where I'm seated I don't hear everything being sung/shouted around the ground, so could only really comment on what I was able to hear. That in itself doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe I'm reading too much into things but in terms of the information that was put on here (I'm guessing from Twitter) I've read stuff put on here in the past which has successfully given many an opinion of the people posting it. From much of what has been put on previously it is possible to come to the conclusion that if someone had been arrested on Saturday during the game and was then communicating with a friend on Twitter they might be more inclined to respond to a question about being arrested in a manner which could be interpreted as bumming themselves up. The person who responded actually made mention of the Kickback song, whereas I think they might have been happy to say that they were racially abusive to someone if that indeed had been the case.

Edited by portobellojambo1

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do not sing it for political point scoring

:rofl:

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Kind of reinforces the sung for the wrong reasons argument

Are there many football songs sang for the 'right reasons'. Most football songs are not exactly about rainbows, unicorns and juniper berries. In a stadium full of Irish flags and anti British sentiment, I see the song as pertinent.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

In a stadium full of Irish flags and anti British sentiment, I see the song as pertinent.

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do not sing it for political point scoring

You see the contradiction, laddie? 

2 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

You see the contradiction, laddie? 

No. 

Tell me, what political view is exclusively represented by the Union Jack?

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

You really are a few pennies short sometimes ? how about in light of current curcumstances. Indefinite ban until court proceedings are upheld or dismissed. If dismissed then its up to the club if they are welcomed back or not and if they are upheld they will be banned from all grounds.

Or as a club do we just say aye no bother they alleged this about ya but still come into Tynie and possibly do it again meantime. We’ll leave you too it.

While we do the the SFA and Police Scotland say aye Hearts aren’t bothered about possibly breaking the law so we’ll hanmer them.

Correct, I keep reading that they hav been barred for life but that's not right. It is indefinite as you say.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being British is not being political 

I sometimes wonder if your JKB posts are part of a drinking game?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I sometimes wonder if your JKB posts are part of a drinking game?

Please argue how someone saying "I am British" is making a political statement.

Flags are not political. Flags represent countries, not political parties or views.

Symbolic? yes.

Political? No

Edited by i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, Sraman said:

Everything's political, from the ground you walk on to the skid marks in your political kecks.

A national flag is not political.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Flag debate.  :yas: 

Yup

:facepalm:

How does this always happen

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Flags are not political. Flags represent countries and not political parties or views.

Symbolic? yes.

Political? No

You say countries aren't political yet we have recently been asked, by political parties, to vote on being British or Scottish. I thought that was the most political this country has been.

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being British is not being political 

What about being Scottish or Irish?

2 minutes ago, Sraman said:

You say countries aren't political yet we have recently been asked, by political parties, to vote on being British or Scottish. I thought that was the most political this country has been.

The flag's pre date the referendum by centuries.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The flag's pre date the referendum by centuries.

What's that got to do with countries not being political? 

1 minute ago, Sraman said:

What's that got to do with countries not being political? 

All countries have politcs.  Flags are often symbolic but not political. For example the Isreali flag symbolises the star of David. 

If I wave a UJ what political view or party would I be displaying? Political parties have their own symbols, not one owns the national flag 

Just now, Cade said:

"Flags are not political"

:vrface:

Flags are nothing BUT political.

No. People may use it to make a political statement like the SNP and the BNP but the flag itself IS NOT.

• cosanostra locked this topic