Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

55 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah. I think It's clear you're not one of them. No worries there. 

Mods. Close the thread for an hour. Posters, go grab a pint, have a nap, have a ****! Let's all chill the **** out a bit. We're all on the same side, broadly.

Best post so far 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

2 hours ago, Currahee! said:

You did. By the same people who were arrested.

Knew it! Strange to sing a song about an internet forum mind you!

17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Probably true that it started as "kickback" but then some idiot changed it for the Motherwell player. Can already see his "wuznae me!" defence being prepared as he digs out his best shiny suit for his court appearance...

What if hes not lying?. What if he just has an issue with the politically correct opinions prevellant on this fan-site? Is he not entitled to voice his opinion? without using racist or homophobic signing, which if this is true he didn't 

15 minutes ago, parker said:

Amusing to see a poster on this thread come out so strongly against this behaviour given his past and the company he kept (and possibly still keeps).

Nice to see people change I suppose. 

Aw come on .

No name ?

1 minute ago, jake said:

Aw come on .

No name ?

I just assumed he meant Eckauskas/Dunfy. Although I don’t remember him being as bad as all that. Especially compared to Therapist and co at that time. 

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I just assumed he meant Eckauskas/Dunfy. Although I don’t remember him being as bad as all that. Especially compared to Therapist and co at that time. 

Oh I see.

Before my time .

I thought he meant in reàl life.

24 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

What if hes not lying?. What if he just has an issue with the politically correct opinions prevellant on this fan-site? Is he not entitled to voice his opinion? without using racist or homophobic signing, which if this is true he didn't 

I think you are confusing common decency and political correctness...Guess its for the courts to decide. Ann doesn't need to  concern herself with reasonable doubt though. Complaint from the Motherwell player is enough.

Would be ironic if JKB is all he has left now...

Edited by Spellczech

Just now, jake said:

Oh I see.

Before my time .

I thought he meant in reàl life.

I could easily be totally wrong. As I said, I was just assuming. 

scottish_chicP
Just now, sadj said:

Are you still drunk mate ?

No my phone decided to jump threads ?‍♀️

49 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Being anti--racism and anti-sectarianism isn't  being politically correct, it's simply being a decent human being.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

There is absolutely no place for inappropriate behavior and anyone doing so should be given a sizable ban. You can't however categorise everyone in certain sections as the same. 

I'm pretty sure many of these people have not even grown ball hair number 1 yet. There is nothing wrong with a bit of an edge, as long as a folk stay within acceptability. Some crossed the line badly yesterday, and they will hopefully be taught a lesson in decency. It is however it's a football ground, not a rotary club meeting. The atmosphere at Tynecastle remains the best in the country, it is one of the few advantages we have. 

The holier than thou attitude  by some on here is way over the top. Individuals need punished not swathes of the whole support. 

I agree totally that those who commit these sort of actions should be banned from the stadium. However, you cannot tar everyone in that area of the stadium with the same brush, and come up with an idea that the whole section should be closed. I sit way up the back of Section E in the Wheatfield so didn't hear any racist comments from that area of the stadium. However, I did have a smile on my face when the song about hating Kickback came up again, as that was clear to hear. I'm guessing that the video of what was happening was taken by either the police or stewards,  given the Motherwell manager has said he seen it, during comments he made post match. I've also seen the information added to this thread where one of those who appear to have been involved has said they were singing about Kickback rather than blacks. I have no idea of what was said but if what said person has said turns out to be the truth then it does seem strange they have been banned already, unless the reason for them being banned is because they were standing up rather than uttering racist remarks. People have rightly said that the club doesn't have to say why anyone is being banned from the stadium, but if either of the two who have been banned believe they weren't involved in racist comments I think the club would have to state the reason they have been banned if asked to do so. Employers may take action against employees guilty of uttering racist remarks within a football stadium but I don't think those same employers would take any action against employees banned from a football stadium for simply standing up and singing about a football website.

Edited by portobellojambo1

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, redm said:

Thought the Kickback song was a Tiffany number? 

FB3FC4FB-B7E7-4C94-8060-3E6F02D96AF2.gif

Never heard them myself tbh, as sad as we are frequenting an internet forum, singing about it must be worse!

Hopefully they come up with a bit of a toe tapper so we can all join in.

12 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

More arsehols that not in Section N unfortunately.  2 down, plenty more to go.

Agree

10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Never heard them myself tbh, as sad as we are frequenting an internet forum, singing about it must be worse!

Hopefully they come up with a bit of a toe tapper so we can all join in.

I was quite fond of the Tiffany version. :oldsad:

Never even got to hear it live.

I heard a few guys in upper N signing “Kickback is for arseholes”. Not inconceivable guys in Lower N were signing “Stand up if you hate kickback”.

Downside of sitting in wheatfield- you look across and can see the arseholes in section n. Total scum - need to go and follow their true love ie. rangers 

2 hours ago, parker said:

Amusing to see a poster on this thread come out so strongly against this behaviour given his past and the company he kept (and possibly still keeps).

Nice to see people change I suppose. 

I sincerely hope you're not referring to me.

Never understand this "they should **** off to Ibrox" attitude. Racists have no place in any football stadium. Wanting them moved to a different stadium isn't solving the problem is it?

ToadKiller Dog

It was argued they were just taking the mick out a well players beard yesterday, now morphed into they were chanting about kickback. 

Social media distortion my guess. 

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Can't be me. They've hinted that it's good to see someone change, when I've always held a complete distaste for anything racially prejudiced. 

I heard the "stand up if you hate kickback" chant from next door in Section P. 

It was noticeable as it sounded a bit weird. I was born under a Union Jack also came from the same direction. 

No need at all.

27 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Never understand this "they should **** off to Ibrox" attitude. Racists have no place in any football stadium. Wanting them moved to a different stadium isn't solving the problem is it?

Solves it for me seeing as I'll never be back there.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Probably true that it started as "kickback" but then some idiot changed it for the Motherwell player. Can already see his "wuznae me!" defence being prepared as he digs out his best shiny suit for his court appearance...

Aye

2 hours ago, Djm1874 said:

Folk should surely reserve judgment until verdict of a court of law eh?folk playing Judge Jury and executioner without having all the facts and eveidence if there is indeed substantive evidence. 

Nope,

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

There was definitely 2 different songs about Kickback yesterday. 

I heard this stuff at St. Mirren, so I know exactly who they are. They were at Motherwell earlier in the season too and amount to a couple of dozen twats who get excited when  in each others company.

These developments are good news, we'll be rid of them in a few weeks.

27 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Agree, shouldn't be heard anywhere.

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'd imagine if the club have seen the evidence and is satisfied racial overtones were used, they are within their rights to ban ''supporters''

The police need to go through slightly different procedures to charge and build a case to take to court.

Just my opinion/guess.

The club can ban anyone without a reason. I believe they have good evidence about this hence the quick ban.  The burden of proof in court is much higher. 

Bridge of Djoum
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The club can ban anyone without a reason. I believe they have good evidence about this hence the quick ban.  The burden of proof in court is much higher. 

That is my reading, also.

50 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can't be me. They've hinted that it's good to see someone change, when I've always held a complete distaste for anything racially prejudiced. 

I did think it was an odd suggestion. Just assumed it was you he was referring to. I don’t remember you ever expressing those sort of views. Can’t actually remember anyone on this thread doing so either in the past. Sorry if it looked as though I was suggesting you have. Not my intention at all.

Have any Hearts fans actually said they heard the alleged racial abuse? I am in Lower N but not right next to the guys removed, I never heard anything racist, I heard ‘Born under a union jack’ which while I don’t agree with it, it was the ‘Hearts’ version which is clean, Hullo Hullo was sung by around 10-15 in its full glory though which needs stopped. I did notice a camera man in front of the Motherwell section that seemed to be irate and made what I can only assume a complaint to the police. Stand up if you hate Kickback was sung by roughly the same crowd as Hullo Hullo but in a wee bit bigger numbers and was after a steward had ask the folk at the front to sit down. I did wonder if the abuse was in the way of gestures, the fact Robinson said it was around 20 folk makes me doubt the fact the camera could pick up the vocals yet I couldn’t. FWIW, I am in no way saying it didn’t happen just that me and the 10-15 people around me didn’t know what it was for, fans at the front were definitely giving the subs abuse but it actually looked like the fitness coach (guy wasn’t wearing a bib and looked a bit too old to be playing) was getting the brunt of it. Robinson’s comment of about 20 is what is confusing me, if all that was said was two folk had shouted racial slurs at Mbulu I wouldn’t have made this post as it would have been possible for me not to have heard that but I would have if it was 20, that’s why I wondered if it was maybe gestures made.

45 minutes ago, pablo said:

I heard the "stand up if you hate kickback" chant from next door in Section P. 

It was noticeable as it sounded a bit weird. I was born under a Union Jack also came from the same direction. 

No need at all.

Love the 'born under a UJ' song. It is entirely clean and has been part of our song book for well over 30 years. One of the first songs I remember at Tynie. Ususlly followed the Eamon Bannon song.

Whatever version Rangers fans sing (which I assume is your issue with it) is up to them and has no bearing on our fans. **** em. Hope we always sing that song.

"Do you know where hell is? Hell is Easter Road. Heaven is Tynecastle where the Hibees shite their load. Oh I was born on a Union Jack" What the bleedin eck is wrong with that?*

If anyone has a problem with someone's Britishness then tough shit.

*I have only ever heard us sing this version. If another one was sung yesterday then I do not know it and do not support it 

Edited by i8hibsh

How did Stephen Robinson hear 2 people chant it from the dugout when people in section N never heard it.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How did Stephen Robinson hear 2 people chant it from the dugout when people in section N never heard it.

I am guessing the camera infront of the Motherwell fans was a Motherwell camera man and he has the footage and has shown it it Robinson, he hasn’t claimed he heard it from the dugout as far I am aware. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He watched a video.

15 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I did think it was an odd suggestion. Just assumed it was you he was referring to. I don’t remember you ever expressing those sort of views. Can’t actually remember anyone on this thread doing so either in the past. Sorry if it looked as though I was suggesting you have. Not my intention at all.

Not at all. It was my first thought as well.

Just now, Uche Gang said:

I am guessing the camera infront of the Motherwell fans was a Motherwell camera man and he has the footage and has shown it it Robinson, he hasn’t claimed he heard it from the dugout as far I am aware. 

He gave the interview directly after the FT whistle and made those comments. A camera man went up to him bang on FT and showed footage?

I am for once not doubting this incident but unless people have seen video evidence or saw it with their own eyes no-one should comment.

3 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

He watched a video.

They should make it public then.

There hasn’t been a resurgence in the far right by the way. For example UKIPs support has dropped from its peak of 15% to around 7%.

Whoever posted that sort of shite is just being very lazy and believing what he reads in the Guardian.

Its just that Corbyn’s Labour is so hard left

that little pricks like Owen Jones portray even centrists politics as ‘far right’ or right wing.

However it is clear that the EU creating puppet politicians such as the awful limp-wristed Macron (lower approval rating than Trump) will create an opposite reaction. Le Pen will get in in France next time for example. Not because people have turned into Nazis but because they have been fed paid up members of the political elite who are shite leaders and out of touch with nearly everyone apart from their Brussels paymasters.

Anyway, politics is not the reason Section Neanderthal sold our club down the river with its racism yesterday.

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree totally that those who commit these sort of actions should be banned from the stadium. However, you cannot tar everyone in that area of the stadium with the same brush, and come up with an idea that the whole section should be closed. I sit way up the back of Section E in the Wheatfield so didn't hear any racist comments from that area of the stadium. However, I did have a smile on my face when the song about hating Kickback came up again, as that was clear to hear. I'm guessing that the video of what was happening was taken by either the police or stewards,  given the Motherwell manager has said he seen it, during comments he made post match. I've also seen the information added to this thread where one of those who appear to have been involved has said they were singing about Kickback rather than blacks. I have no idea of what was said but if what said person has said turns out to be the truth then it does seem strange they have been banned already, unless the reason for them being banned is because they were standing up rather than uttering racist remarks. People have rightly said that the club doesn't have to say why anyone is being banned from the stadium, but if either of the two who have been banned believe they weren't involved in racist comments I think the club would have to state the reason they have been banned if asked to do so. Employers may take action against employees guilty of uttering racist remarks within a football stadium but I don't think those same employers would take any action against employees banned from a football stadium for simply standing up and singing about a football website.

If they were singing about kickback then fair enough. The footage should clear them and the club and police are going to look silly.  

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Love the 'born under a UJ' song. It is entirely clean and has been part of our song book for well over 30 years. One of the first songs I remember at Tynie. Ususlly followed the Eamon Bannon song.

Whatever version Rangers fans sing (which I assume is your issue with it) is up to them and has no bearing on our fans. **** em. Hope we always sing that song.

"Do you know where hell is? Hell is Easter Road. Heaven is Tynecastle where the Hibees shite their load. Oh I was born on a Union Jack" What the bleedin eck is wrong with that?*

*I have only ever heard us sing this version. If another one was sung yesterday then I do not know it and do not support it 

There's no need for it because, it's got nothing to do with Hearts, and is now only sung with the intention of winding up other Hearts fans.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Have to disagree, I don't like the song, I only know the version you have quoted too. The only people I see singing this song are the same helmets singing the sash or rule britannia. All songs affiliate us with the orange side of Glasgow, and I detest that. I hope all these songs die a death. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I’m sure the police now have it for their investigation.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

There hasn’t been a resurgence in the far right by the way. For example UKIPs support has dropped from its peak of 15% to around 7%.

Whoever posted that sort of shite is just being very lazy and believing what he reads in the Guardian.

Its just that Corbyn’s Labour is so hard left

that little pricks like Owen Jones portray even centrists politics as ‘far right’ or right wing.

However it is clear that the EU creating puppet politicians such as the awful limp-wristed Macron (lower approval rating than Trump) will create an opposite reaction. Le Pen will get in in France next time for example. Not because people have turned into Nazis but because they have been fed paid up members of the political elite who are shite leaders and out of touch with nearly everyone apart from their Brussels paymasters.

Anyway, politics is not the reason Section Neanderthal sold our club down the river with its racism yesterday.

Total pish. Let’s not drag the thread on to why it’s pish though. Too far off topic.

1 minute ago, communist said:

Have to disagree, I don't like the song, I only know the version you have quoted too. The only people I see singing this song are the same helmets singing the sash or rule britannia. All songs affiliate us with the orange side of Glasgow, and I detest that. I hope all these songs die a death. 

Rangers do not have exclusive rights to all things British and they do not own the Union Jack. People can like it or not but a large percentage of our fan base are proud brits. If people don't like it then they are not obligated to sing it. No-one is that special to dictate what we sing every game. And I never think of Rangers when I sing it. If someone does than that says more about them than the people singing it. 

8 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

I’m sure the police now have it for their investigation.

I would sure hope so, if not then no action can be taken.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Probably been told by the police not to. 

Took a wee break from this thread to let posters cool down  a bit; came back and seen I8 has now jumped in with his words of wisdom. Time for a longer break while he derails the thread with his ramblings

Has anyone on here stated they heard the racial abuse? Might just be clutching at straws but in a way I hope this was a misunderstanding with the kickback song either that or my maybe the chants of Djoum? I know that a few on here would rather it’s wasn’t a misunderstanding as that wouldn’t fit their agendas.

• cosanostra locked this topic