Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. But if to eradicate the poison among our own fans means closing temporarily say section N lower then ... so be it?

If that's what has to happen then fairplay let's eradicate it from the stadium as a whole though and not just the home fans and if that means giving the old firm less tickets then so be it they have got away with it for years and it's time for it to stop.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

As someone who doesn't engage in sectarian or racist behaviour, I can 100% criticise anyone who does. Whether they support Hearts, Gala Fairydean or Urawa Red Diamonds.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is not hypocritical if you tackle both.

In fact you could argue it is hypocritical if you don't.

agree with that, fair comment

So I think we've reached an agreed position there? Next question is how to stop/ persuade our fans thinking it's ok

5 minutes ago, TheList said:

I was in N today and the person near me did not say it maybe the other person did, its an outrage if you ask me

The video showed a group of fans giving out racist abuse according to Robinson. 10 to 20 people. Will wait to see what the club say 

37 minutes ago, TheList said:

Their isnt a video and wont be if so i will retract my deffence of one of them 

That was a genuine question, wasn’t aiming it at you or your defence of the situation. I haven’t seen the video anywhere on social media and it’s the type of thing that normally blows up etc. 

3 minutes ago, TheList said:

i dont know you tell me? i can say one person did not make a racist remark and will be happy to prove you wrong when it comes out, im not arguing with you anymore i know he is innocent enjoy the rest of your night arguing about something that did not happen

So who's the 'one' that didn't then??  This is all over the media and a respected football manager has said he's seen a video of this abuse.  Once again our clubs name is being dragged through the mud by a very small bunch or arseholes.

I wish they would piss of and never come back to Tynecastle.  We don't need their kind in our support.  We have several players of colour at our club, three of them started the game today for the love of God.  I actually thought that this behaviour had been consigned to the grim and distant past.  Sadly, no I was wrong.  Hopefully the club come down on everyone involved like a battering ram - Lifetime Bans - and the Police grow a pair and charge each and everyone of them that abused the Motherwell player.

...a bit disco
26 minutes ago, TheList said:

dont forget lennon got hit in the face with a coin even tho the video evidence proved he didnt, why would they show the motherwell manager be shown this?

As it was one of his own players, who he is responsible for, then why not?

20 minutes ago, TheList said:

im saying he is lying about hearing two fans being rascist yes! 

Except he didn't say that.

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson said the act was "an absolute disgrace". 

Speaking to BBC Scotland, he added: "I've just seen the video of it. I thought this was 2018 but that was the dark ages and dinosaur stuff. For a player to have to take that kind of stuff is disgusting.

"They should not be anywhere near football. There is no place for that in any walk of life. No walk of life should accept that in modern society."

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, geomac said:
  7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is not hypocritical if you tackle both.

In fact you could argue it is hypocritical if you don't.

agree with that, fair comment

So I think we've reached an agreed position there? Next question is how to stop/ persuade our fans thinking it's ok

I am not convinced persuasion will work. It is really hard to comprehend the sort of mind that has seen numerous black Hearts players and presumably celebrated with MDV and many others yet abuses players on the basis of skin colour. Same of course goes for Chelsea and Spurs fans, perhaps especially in the latter case given their experience of vile anti-semitism. In the short term at least bans and criminal prosecution seems the only way to go. Education even if it worked would be a long term project.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

That was a genuine question, wasn’t aiming it at you or your defence of the situation. I haven’t seen the video anywhere on social media and it’s the type of thing that normally blows up etc. 

Seems like it was an 'official' video of some kind, police, club, etc. so probably won't be available for public viewing.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So are you denying that this incident happened, then?

I am not sure he is intelligent enough to use it, but I think he is jumping on the new aggreived persons hobby horse, presumption of innocence.

Edited by bobsharp

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Seems like it was an 'official' video of some kind, police, club, etc. so probably won't be available for public viewing.

That would make sense as Motherwell do that feature highlight thing from all different angles etc. 

...a bit disco
Just now, busby1985 said:

That would make sense as Motherwell do that feature highlight thing from all different angles etc. 

Yep. Quality it is too!

haveyouheard 22
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Read the club website. It’s all on there but to paraphrase, being a dick will merit it. 

Never thought of reading that

Though I  meant what bans posters on here would want, just curious 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If you gave me a choice between believing a stranger on the internet or the Motherwell manager and Heart Of Midlothian, I know which I'd choose.

If your mate is genuinely innocent, then he ha nothing to worry about.

not my mate atoll, i do not know 

haveyouheard 22
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Again. Being a dick should cover it. 

That might mean a lot of bans at football  games then 

Section Neanderthal.

Dragging their knuckles and the clubs name throught the dirt just about every game.

Shut the front 10 rows down.

Or if Section Neanderthals want to tell me it’s not all of the section - please start rooting them out, getting the perpetrators thrown out and prove that YOU aren’t  part of the problem.

ps you are part of the problem if you just stand silently letting it happen.

Edited by Jammy T

2 hours ago, TheList said:

i can say for certain one of them sitting near me made no racist comment atoll and will go to go court with him if needed  he called him sh1t3, will not see someone charged with something he never said 

9 minutes ago, TheList said:

not my mate atoll, i do not know 

Deserving of a ban for this imo.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Section Neanderthal.

Dragging their knuckles and the clubs name throught the dirt just about every game.

Or if Section Neanderthals want to tell me it’s not all of the section - please start rooting them out, getting the perpetrators thrown out and prove that YOU aren’t  part of the problem.

Branding folk neanderthals because of where their season ticket seats are.

Embarrassing.

Section Neanderthal.

Or if Section Neanderthals want to tell me it’s not all of the section - please start

rooting them out, getting the perpetrators thrown out and prove that YOU aren’t  part of the problem.

Is that not exactly what did happen? I thought they were shopped by the good guys in N.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Section Neanderthal.

Not a scatter gun title that applies to all in that section but very aptly put.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Deserving of a ban for this imo.

I didn’t want to be that guy, but well done!

atoll. :facepalm: 

Not comfortable with tarring the entire section with that brush. Come on, that’s not right. Plenty decent normal folk in Section N, obviously.

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Section Neanderthal.

Do you think the whole lower section N were at it? 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I hope the perpetrators are banned for life and get a criminal record to boot.

But before we accept Hearts and Hearts fans generally getting beaten up in the media perhaps it is worth remembering that racist incidents at the North London derby last week and Stamford Bridge today are also in the hands of the police. And that is context and accepting it is a wider and more serious issue not "whataboutery". I hope we contimue to take a leading position in tackling the issue beyond token words over the loudspeakers and card displays. And to hope that applies to everyone in the ground is not whataboutery either.

Bang on the money spot on.

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Have to agree. Everything I despise about the hearts support resides in section N. Tea towel wavers, pape haters and racist morons.

i know for a fact 90% of them will be totally fine but that moronic 10% really annoys me. 

You agree about shutting lower N? I'm there. I Never heard anything. Not saying it never happened but that is a joke. You and Jammy T jumping on the bandwagon. Wait and see what happened 1st before your generalisation.

24 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Branding folk neanderthals because of where their season ticket seats are.

Embarrassing.

Not as embarrassing as what comes out of that section.

15 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

Do you think the whole lower section N were at it? 

If Section N stops being the cause of most issues in the ground then I will be proven wrong. I’ll be delighted.

Until then....

You include me in that?

5 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

You agree about shutting lower N? I'm there. I Never heard anything. Not saying it never happened but that is a joke. You and Jammy T jumping on the bandwagon. Wait and see what happened 1st before your generalisation.

It was you eh?

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If Section N stops being the cause of most issues in the ground then I will be proven wrong. I’ll be delighted.

Until then....

Ok then. Did you hear the abuse? I didn't and i'm in lower N. Not saying it didn't happen but i'm in row 7 and heard nothing. Do I deserve to be banned because of dicks around me? In your eyes yes?

12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It's much more embarrassing to anonymously turn on normal Hearts fans who had no part in any racist abuse.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

To be fair you were backing huns to the hilt last week so we can only assume you'll be right behind the racist scumbags

Geoff Kilpatrick

Some thread and, like a normal person, if racist chants occurred then the book should be thrown at them.

However, given that this could go to court there can't be "trial by Kickback" at the same time.

7 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Its really disappointing that not a week goes by when Hearts fans are turning on each other on here 

It's not really though when dealing with this subject and some others is it? 

It's not acceptable. Don't care what team they support. 

22 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

Ok then. Did you hear the abuse? I didn't and i'm in lower N. Not saying it didn't happen but i'm in row 7 and heard nothing. Do I deserve to be banned because of dicks around me? In your eyes yes?

I heard the scum in that section sing their usual anti Catholic crap, that alone justifies closing the section.

Time to act on the scum who use HMFC to promote their bile.  

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It's not really though when dealing with this subject and some others is it? 

It's not acceptable. Don't care what team they support. 

Correct...    root out the arseholes and the decent supporters can breath a sigh of relief.

Season ticket holder for over 40 years and I have seen some shocking racist behaviour over the years,remember the Mark Walters incident well.Today I was not aware of any incident as I was watching a game of football,however I am sure the relevant authorities will have this well in hand with a little bit help from our beloved Scottish journalists.Sadly our first 3 points for a while has been tarnished by some half wits,on what was a cold and totally lifeless stadium.

3 minutes ago, ADAM said:

I heard the scum in that section sing their usual anti Catholic crap, that alone justifies closing the section.

Let’s close the away end when our Old Firm pals come calling then?

4 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Shut up mate. The actions of a handful of idiots doesn't justify punishing the people who just turn up to watch a game of football.

17 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Its really disappointing that not a week goes by when Hearts fans are turning on each other on here 

It's not Hearts fans turning on each other. It decent Hearts fans turning on the bigots and racists parasites who use HMFC to promote their agenda.

22 minutes ago, Miko said:

To be fair you were backing huns to the hilt last week so we can only assume you'll be right behind the racist scumbags

Cause I defend one hun who just happens to be one of my best pals am suddenly some sort of racist scumbag? Sound. 

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, ADAM said:

It's not Hearts fans turning on each other. It decent Hearts fans turning on the bigots and racists parasites who use HMFC to promote their agenda.

I get that but its just a shame thats the way things are right now 

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shut up mate. The actions of a handful of idiots doesn't justify punishing the people who just turn up to watch a game of football.

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Stop defending the bigots and racists, it's not a handful it's like a cancer in that section.

Time for action the vast majority have had enough.

Edited by ADAM

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Cause I defend one hun who just happens to be one of my best pals am suddenly some sort of racist scumbag? Sound. 

I didn't say you're a racist scumbag. I said you'll be behind them. Which is proven by your earlier messages.

You publicly took the side of a hun over "supposedly" your team. Forgive anyone on this forum of being wary of you.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, ADAM said:

Stop doing defending the bigots and racists, it's not a handful it's like a cancer in that section.

Time for action the vast majority have had enough.

"A cancer".

You have evidence of this "cancer", do you? There are arseholes located everywhere in Tynecastle, including those who chuck coins at opposition managers. Maybe the whole ground should be shut?

• cosanostra locked this topic