Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

May seem like a silly question but, how are these bans enforced?  I mean if you buy a ticket (or someone else does for you) in say the main stand and you enter via scanned turnstiles who knows you are there? Or, you go in via a manned turnstile, does the person manning the turnstile have pictures of said banned people?  To me they are turning people through quite quickly so could easily miss identifying someone, particularly if they were partially disguised ( que the disguise gags)

I know the order is an enforcement order and the banned person will be warned about being severely dealt with if breaching that order, that should be deterrent enough but, some numpties are bound to try for bragging rights.

My understanding is that Hearts won’t sell a ticket to that reference number, as well as cancelling any season card too. 

In regards to looking out for faces, there’s a security chap that travels to all Hearts away games and I’m fairly sure he’ll know the faces of people who’ve been banned. 

Beyond that, I don’t think there’s much else we can do with banned supporters. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

21 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I would have thought with someone with such high morals that the Catholic Church covering up the child abuse scandal and the church’s horrendous policy in Africa might have led you to stop going. 

Brilliant whataboutery.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

So to summarise

out of 18000 people,

a whopping 2 were arrested, and no one else in the Hearts crowd has ACTUALLY HEARD WHAT THEY SANG.

Yet the Motherwell boss did from half-a pitch away, and saw a video which no one else has seen, and some players heard it, but may have been mistaken.

The one thing I know for sure is Robinson is talking crap, and it all seems a bit unlikely that a couple of players could hear a specific word, when hundreds of others standing around the perps could not

The incident happened before the match and the arrests were also made pre-match which is why most people won’t have seen or heard anything. 

This thread has confirmed one thing for absolute certainty. 

Most people don’t understand what ‘whataboutery’ actually is. 

7 hours ago, WhenTheHeartsWentUp said:

This place is something else   :cornette:

If you think that this was a mixup by the police because kickback and black rhyme then youre almost as thick as the racists are

Didnt make the game on saturday but very likely for me that some of the daft laddies down the bottom shouted stuff at the motherwell boy and got caught on camera doing it

Do I think that Police Scotland would have made a total arse of this (as they do with everything) and it's all a big mix-up?

Yes, I can believe that in a heartbeat

Edited by SpikeDudley

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

The incident happened before the match and the arrests were also made pre-match which is why most people won’t have seen or heard anything. 

So nothing to do with "singing aboot Dickback, ken" then?

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Have you seen the evidence? Genuine question.

If so, I wouldn't be regaling the details, particularly if this goes to court.

So to summarise

out of 18000 people,

a whopping 2 were arrested, and no one else in the Hearts crowd has ACTUALLY HEARD WHAT THEY SANG.

Yet the Motherwell boss did from half-a pitch away, and saw a video which no one else has seen, and some players heard it, but may have been mistaken.

The one thing I know for sure is Robinson is talking crap, and it all seems a bit unlikely that a couple of players could hear a specific word, when hundreds of others standing around the perps could not

I totally condemn any racism however I await the outcome of the pending trial.

One thing I will say is that Robinson is a greetin faced little turd who was interviewed whilst he was still boiling after losing the game.  Much like "my keeper has a broken leg" after losing at Fir Park, I am pretty sure he would maximise his reaction to the alleged incident.

Racism is a bad thing and must be stopped. That's the baseline.

There's doubt here, though, about whether what happened actually happened. What's instructive though was how quickly it was all over the media, especially the BBC - much more so than the latest Sevco fines from UEFA over their fan's misbehaviour. On their last visit to Dens Park, Celtic supporters chucked smoke bombs towards Dundee supporters. That was hushed up. So is every instance of Old Firm yobbishness, except in the context of reports along the lines of 'Only 12 arrests and 100 instances of domestic abuse during last Old Firm game'.

The media want to ease the path for the Old Firm. So dirt they can throw at any other club (including those in Glasgow, Weegiephobes please note) will be thrown, while the Old Firm will largely escape the consequences of their Australopithecine supporters' actions.

It's corrupt but what can you do about it?

13 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yep. I think many of us can be guilty of assuming our regular group of mates are ‘the norm’, when in fact they often are not. You see it on here quite a lot.

Great point.  

So to summarise

out of 18000 people,

As you well know, Robinson never said he heard it live, he said he was shown a video. You, like all the other 'traditional' fans want to believe some guy on Twitter who says it's all a mistake, and you might be right. You certainly cannot be sure Robinson is talking crap

37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

May seem like a silly question but, how are these bans enforced?  I mean if you buy a ticket (or someone else does for you) in say the main stand and you enter via scanned turnstiles who knows you are there? Or, you go in via a manned turnstile, does the person manning the turnstile have pictures of said banned people?  To me they are turning people through quite quickly so could easily miss identifying someone, particularly if they were partially disguised ( que the disguise gags)

I know the order is an enforcement order and the banned person will be warned about being severely dealt with if breaching that order, that should be deterrent enough but, some numpties are bound to try for bragging rights.

The Police and Stewards regularly identify banned individuals at games. I assume its a case of identifying from photographs but the Police employ trained spotters and I assume they have decent technology to help. A fan was arrested at the England Croatia game before he'd even left the tube station. He was banned following a Millwall game in the North East of England last season. They clearly are able to enforce bans.

11 hours ago, redm said:

Or you could look at it as having given them good reason to assume things about us which, on this specific occasion, might not be completely accurate.

It's not such a stretch to imagine that a bunch of fans who court Robinson are probably likely to also racially abuse a player. If you fly with the crows.

Yeah u dont need to be Sherlock Holmes to work that one out.  " you are the company you keep" 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's because JKB is not the vast majority of Hearts fans, nor is it remotely representative of the vast majority if Hearts fans.

It's just another assembly of self-important whingers bamming each other up on the internet. Football just happens to be the common thread.

:)

It's the only evidence on the matter to suggest one side was more supported than the other in terms of Hearts fans.

It was a foolish and outlandish statement from i8. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Sarah O said:

Is there ever any other kind?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

It's the only evidence on the matter to suggest one side was more supported than the other in terms of Hearts fans.

How's that different from any other day?

27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Have you seen the evidence? Genuine question.

If so, I wouldn't be regaling the details, particularly if this goes to court.

Exactly why I’m not providing any details ??

3 minutes ago, Uche Gang said:

The arrests happened at around 60 minutes.

Arrests may well have happened then doesn’t mean the incident did though. 

13 hours ago, Bozi said:

I have been going to Tynecastle since 1986, admittedly my season ticket days have been over that last 12 years but.... 

I have absolutely no idea what this "born under a UJ" song is, it's heartening to know that we have so many Jambos born at sea. Otherwise it shows, even more damningly, that they are just ignorant people who don't know the difference between the Union Flag and Union Jack 

Exactly what I was thinking ?

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I realise you are trying to be smart and a little cute but if you are going to start calling people ignorant I suggest you read up on this. The British flag is commonly accepted as being referenced as the Union Jack. Almost the entire United Kingdom refers to it as such. I am sure we all know the nautical origins but the only time I ever her the flag being referenced as the "Union Flag" is where people are trying to be smart and cute. Literally a minority of people refer to it as anything but the Union Jack. It is a Universal symbol and the most recognised flag on the planet. A flag universally recognised as the "Union Jack".

Good to see you calling out your own ignorance about the union flag.

It's a shame if any racism was heard by the player and hopefully it won't impact on him much and cloud his judgement about the vast majority of Hearts supporters that just go along with family and friends to enjoy the football. 

It's also a shame that everybody on here is not condemning the actions of these idiots first and foremost. 

Then again a very large amount of posters on here cannot control their emotions and temper their abuse towards our own players at the best if times on here so why should I be shocked when supporters can't show a little bit of respect for everyone around them at live matches.

Sadly we're not a very classy group of supporters. 

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Rangers do not have exclusive rights to all things British and they do not own the Union Jack. People can like it or not but a large percentage of our fan base are proud brits. If people don't like it then they are not obligated to sing it. No-one is that special to dictate what we sing every game. And I never think of Rangers when I sing it. If someone does than that says more about them than the people singing it. 

"Proud Brits" lol 

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's a shame if any racism was heard by the player and hopefully it won't impact on him much and cloud his judgement about the vast majority of Hearts supporters that just go along with family and friends to enjoy the football. 

It's also a shame that everybody on here is not condemning the actions of these idiots first and foremost. 

Then again a very large amount of posters on here cannot control their emotions and temper their abuse towards our own players at the best if times on here so why should I be shocked when supporters can't show a little bit of respect for everyone around them at live matches.

Ann's taking out the trash.

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I am sure everybody would condemn but ffs man at this particular time it is hear'say!  You, many on here and Budge clearly think little of our support but I will always find our supporters innocent until proven guilty.  I will always think the best of us until I hear otherwise even if you wont.

Shame on you.

Ok .

Going by this last page.

The song was sung before the game and arrests were made before the game.

The songs were sung during the game and the arrests made in 60 minutes.

Robinson has seen the video.

Robinson is lying.

My view is that these " young lads" are looking for an identity and a sense of belonging to  " something". Its your classic adolescence identity stage .  They are feeding each others egos and bravado by belonging to this group and gaining acceptance and kudos.  I dont mind the " we hate kickback " chant as they are petulant children angry  and relaying againt their their parents  ( more sensible and non racist / sectarian fans) so will do anything to annoy them. and get a reaction.    Some will grow out of it but unfortunately since most are probably heterosexual they will breed and the cycle will continue.  The good news is it is a minority  Like others I just cant understand the racist element to it all as we have had and have some great black players.  Stupid morons really with hardly a brain cell between any of them. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am sure everybody would condemn but ffs man at this particular time it is hear'say!  You, many on here and Budge clearly think little of our support but I will always find our supporters innocent until proven guilty.  I will always think the best of us until I hear otherwise even if you wont.

Shame on you.

Really?

Nothing to do with being required to take a view that is regarded by authorities as correct , nothing to do with the fact we’ve disgraced ourselves recently so any goodwill that may be applied has gone. Nothing to do with the fact that she has the responsibility of doing the correct thing for the club?

Tokyo Drifter
48 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I totally condemn any racism however I await the outcome of the pending trial.

One thing I will say is that Robinson is a greetin faced little turd who was interviewed whilst he was still boiling after losing the game.  Much like "my keeper has a broken leg" after losing at Fir Park, I am pretty sure he would maximise his reaction to the alleged incident.

Given that a player under his charge appeared to have been racially abused I think his reaction was entirely appropriate.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Really?

Nothing to do with being required to take a view that is regarded by authorities as correct , nothing to do with the fact we’ve disgraced ourselves recently so any goodwill that may be applied has gone. Nothing to do with the fact that she has the responsibility of doing the correct thing for the club?

Budge instantly thinks the worst of our fan base.  Shame on her tbh.

3 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Given that a player under his charge appeared to have been racially abused I think his reaction was entirely appropriate.

I haven't seen the video and I await the outcome of the pending trial - so I can't comment on whether Robinson's comments were entirely appropriate.

They may well be - that doesn't take away from the fact that he is generally a greetin faced whinger.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Really?

The club have done the right thing in banning them while due process plays out. However, I'd like to hope that if they hadn't done anything wrong that the club will allow them to return.

The club don't need to do hysterical things like some on here have called for, like shutting Section N!

You're wrong again buddy.

15 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

You seem to spend a lot of your JKB posting time calling people idiots.  Genuinely can barely recall a post where you did not accuse someone of being stupid.  

To me ‘stupidity’ is hearing an accusation and going tut tut, making an assumption based on another person’s word and not wanting to learn facts. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

You're wrong again buddy.

In all honesty she is really starting to grate on me with this shit.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Shame on you.

Video evidence, police charges and lifetime bans are all “hearsay”

:rofl:

FCF9C2A6-E37D-4F7B-B8B0-893FC948222C.gif

Doesn't surprise me one little bit.

We'd be much better off without her?

Edited by Bad Religion

Just now, i8hibsh said:

The idiot that threw the coin at Lennon, and the idiots who (allegedly) sung racist songs are the ones that should be grating on you!

Video evidence, police charges and lifetime bans are all “hearsay”

FCF9C2A6-E37D-4F7B-B8B0-893FC948222C.gif

At this precise moment the video evidence is hear'say.  

Let me see it with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears and I will start the condemnation.

You seem to spend a lot of your JKB posting time calling people idiots.  Genuinely can barely recall a post where you did not accuse someone of being stupid.  

To me ‘stupidity’ is hearing an accusation and going tut tut, making an assumption based on another person’s word and not wanting to learn facts. 

I can barely recall a post of yours recently where you haven’t come across as either acting or being stupid.

Facts? That’s the police and club’s job and based on the facts thy’ve decided there is enough to charge and ban the people respectively.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

At this precise moment the video evidence is hear'say.  

Let me see it with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears and I will start the condemnation.

You don’t get to see it. You’re not part of the investigation or a club official. You’re just a really shite internet troll.

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I can barely recall a post of yours recently where you haven’t come across as either acting or being stupid.

Facts? That’s the police and club’s job and based on the facts thy’ve decided there is enough to charge and ban the people respectively.

Not being a moron I prefer to judge on a word called 'conviction'.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Thats utter bollocks I8 , shes stated numerous times its a small minority.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Not being a moron I prefer to judge on a word called 'conviction'.

You’re under-qualified.

EastSideJambo
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

My view is that these " young lads" are looking for an identity and a sense of belonging to  " something". Its your classic adolescence identity stage .  They are feeding each others egos and bravado by belonging to this group and gaining acceptance and kudos.  I dont mind the " we hate kickback " chant as they are petulant children angry  and relaying againt their their parents  ( more sensible and non racist / sectarian fans) so will do anything to annoy them. and get a reaction.    Some will grow out of it but unfortunately since most are probably heterosexual they will breed and the cycle will continue.  The good news is it is a minority  Like others I just cant understand the racist element to it all as we have had and have some great black players.  Stupid morons really with hardly a brain cell between any of them. 

You thinking along the lines of compulsory sterilisation?

You’re under-qualified.

Fantastic post.  What I like about you (and there is not much) is you quantify all your accusations.

52 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As you well know, Robinson never said he heard it live, he said he was shown a video. You, like all the other 'traditional' fans want to believe some guy on Twitter who says it's all a mistake, and you might be right. You certainly cannot be sure Robinson is talking crap

sorry,I'm not a "traditional" fan- though by that you mean loyalist or racist.

I do however believe in justice and fairness, and despite sec N being, admittedly, full of morons, I personally will wait for EVIDENCE before throwing anyone under a bus. I would wish that for me, and I would extend the same courtesy to anyone.

• cosanostra locked this topic