Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

I might be wrong (I’m sure we’ll find out shortly), but its possible there’s a concerted smoke and mirrors effort being made by individuals on here...to essentially give the accused fans an alibi.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I might be wrong (I’m sure we’ll find out shortly), but its possible there’s a concerted smoke and mirrors effort being made by individuals on here...to essentially give the accused fans an alibi.

Er, where?

7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Smoke boms ur banned by mad annnne budje ken. Wasny us who throws thum we huv tae sit doon! BOOOO. Ah wizzz born under a yoonuun jack - MA flag!!!!111!!1 Dickbacks fur arseholes! 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, where?

The whole...they were really singing about kickback posters.

Like I said, we shall see shortly i’d imagine.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Deviskan said:

The whole...they were really singing about kickback posters.

Like I said, we shall see shortly i’d imagine.

That was one of them claiming that themselves. If it is true, then the guy is a moron but we will see when due process plays out. Meantime, some people need a refresher course on jurisprudence.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That was one of them claiming that themselves. If it is true, then the guy is a moron but we will see when due process plays out. Meantime, some people need a refresher course on jurisprudence.

It should be fairly straightforward if video evidence is available...as has been noted.

22 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

The same thing is happening with Raheem Sterling down south.

11 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Smoke boms ur banned by mad annnne budje ken. Wasny us who throws thum we huv tae sit doon! BOOOO. Ah wizzz born under a yoonuun jack - MA flag!!!!111!!1 Dickbacks fur arseholes! 

Give it a rest about the bloody Union Jack will yi! ... every single post ?

Ur using this place as a vehicle for ur independence views and slamming anything to do with the Union Jack and tarring anyone a bigot that has one 

i have the same political preference as u, believe it or not, but not all People that class themselves as British or that wave union jacks are bigots - some bigots use the Union Jack as a vehicle for their political views as much as u use kickback for urs 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Ur using this place as a vehicle for ur independence views and slamming anything to do with the Union Jack and tarring anyone a bigot that has one 

i have the same political preference as u, believe it or not, but not all People that class themselves as British or that wave union jacks are bigots - some bigots use the Union Jack as a vehicle for their political views as much as u use kickback for urs 

I just sat and read the previous 3 or 4 pages, it was fresh on the mind as it was a major talking point. Sorry to offend you... snowflake? :look: 

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I really hope this is true ? be a red face for Ann, Motherwell and the police. You can't assume what people are saying. Will probs get thrown out now 

“Red face for Ann”

:orly?:

14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Spot on.

Likewise, many bigots drape themselves in the Saltire. It happens unfortunately on both sides.

Edited by i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I just sat and read the previous 3 or 4 pages, it was fresh on the mind as it was a major talking point. Sorry to offend you... snowflake? :look: 

Snowflake ? ? 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Spot on.

Likewise, many bigots drape themselves in the Saltire. It happens unfortunately om both sides.

I can honestly say I've never seen a supporter of Scottish independence chant obscenities about people of other faith. I'd also like to call you up on your point earlier on this thread stating that "The vast majority" of Hearts fans are proud Brits... That is in complete contrast to the poll that was on JKB in the lead-up to the referendum... then again kickback is for arseholes so maybe not to be trusted.

Regardless, I don't want to de-rail this thread any further than - Imagine, singing -  in public - about an internet message board. :fonzie:

2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I can honestly say I've never seen a supporter of Scottish independence chant obscenities about people of other faith. I'd also like to call you up on your point earlier on this thread stating that "The vast majority" of Hearts fans are proud Brits... That is in complete contrast to the poll that was on JKB in the lead-up to the referendum... then again kickback is for arseholes so maybe not to be trusted.

Regardless, I don't want to de-rail this thread any further than - Imagine, singing -  in public - about an internet message board. :fonzie:

Almost as sad as folk like me that have made on average 5 posts a day for 14 years

:vrface:

Edited by i8hibsh

EastSideJambo
30 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Maybe the Chelsea fans were singing about Kickback....

18 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Interesting. That would be quite embarrassing.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

Maybe the Chelsea fans were singing about Kickback....

I’ve watched that Chelsea one over and over again and it’s difficult to make out exactly what the bloke is saying. It could be “Manc” as a few have pointed out. It could racist but there’s a black lad standing really near him so I’d imagine if it was racist maybe that lad would’ve confirmed somewhere? 

I don’t know I’m just not ready to scream racist all the time. To be his age though and be in that state shouting at a player is unbelievable he’ll give himself a heart attack, what an embarrassment. 

I’m finding it really difficult to believe 20 lads have been singing a racist song as well at the Motherwell player, nobody does that these days....people can’t be that stupid? Can they? 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve watched that Chelsea one over and over again and it’s difficult to make out exactly what the bloke is saying. It could be “Manc” as a few have pointed out. It could racist but there’s a black lad standing really near him so I’d imagine if it was racist maybe that lad would’ve confirmed somewhere? 

I don’t know I’m just not ready to scream racist all the time. To be his age though and be in that state shouting at a player is unbelievable he’ll give himself a heart attack, what an embarrassment. 

I’m finding it really difficult to believe 20 lads have been singing a racist song as well at the Motherwell player, nobody does that these days....people can’t be that stupid? Can they? 

I've not got a clue whats being said in the Chelsea one either but social media says it's racist so it must be... 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I realise you are trying to be smart and a little cute but if you are going to start calling people ignorant I suggest you read up on this. The British flag is commonly accepted as being referenced as the Union Jack. Almost the entire United Kingdom refers to it as such. I am sure we all know the nautical origins but the only time I ever her the flag being referenced as the "Union Flag" is where people are trying to be smart and cute. Literally a minority of people refer to it as anything but the Union Jack. It is a Universal symbol and the most recognised flag on the planet. A flag universally recognised as the "Union Jack".

Smart.... Cute.. You seem upset, I just like to call things by their correct names, you should see how annoyed my wife gets when I correct her pronunciation of Chorizo! 

You claim it is a regular in the Heart of Midlothian song book, I tell you now that I have been going since 1986 and have no idea of this song, so maybe it's always been one for the "hardcore" or should I say "traditional" elements of our support. It further supports my view that these hardcore views points, bigoted views, racist views are somehow viewed as more mainstream these days, probably supported by the fact that any idiot can access the Internet and find "like minded people" 

EastSideJambo
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sterling one seemed a bit strange given the black lad standing in such close proximity as you say 

Goodness knows what goes on nowadays 

Edited by EastSideJambo

It is now 20 people and by this afternoon it will be 40. It is now quite ridiulous and exactly why I hate these threads. This shit will spread like a forrest fire.

2 people? quite possibly

20 people? ffs get a grip

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

It is now 20 people and by this afternoon it will be 40. It is now quite ridiulous and exactly why I hate these threads. This shit will spread like a forrest fire.

2 people? quite possibly

20 people? ffs get a grip

It was stated right from the beginning it was a group of 10/20. Two arrests were made.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, His name is said:

I've not got a clue whats being said in the Chelsea one either but social media says it's racist so it must be... 

Well exactly. It’s just another pile on,

as per. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The thing that's even more sickening is that we have 4 black players in our first team - just can't get my head round this at all that so called fans of our club would insult the players that we have least of all any opposition players 

i would suggest caution and wait till the full facts are gathered before pointing fingers as speculation just heightens the tensions already inflamed but if it's true then the authorities need to absolutely slam this shit and like I said, if true, with no avoidance of doubt 

the absolute majority of jambos go to support their team and have no racial/bigot tendencies in their person But on the outside it appears that we have became a target where other supporters of other clubs think we are a bigoted club ... and for these same supporters (u all know the clubs) it just plays into the hands of their own arsehole bigots giving them the easiest of opportunities to drag our good clubs name through the mud - 

Sadly these incidents are indicitive of society especially in these Brexit \ Trump times that seems to have awakened a rise in Racism and bigotry.  

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

"The vast majority" of Hearts fans are proud Brits... That is in complete contrast to the poll that was on JKB in the lead-up to the referendum.

That's because JKB is not the vast majority of Hearts fans, nor is it remotely representative of the vast majority if Hearts fans.

It's just another assembly of self-important whingers bamming each other up on the internet. Football just happens to be the common thread.

:)

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The thing that's even more sickening is that we have 4 black players in our first team - just can't get my head round this at all that so called fans of our club would insult the players that we have least of all any opposition players 

i would suggest caution and wait till the full facts are gathered before pointing fingers as speculation just heightens the tensions already inflamed but if it's true then the authorities need to absolutely slam this shit and like I said, if true, with no avoidance of doubt 

the absolute majority of jambos go to support their team and have no racial/bigot tendencies in their person But on the outside it appears that we have became a target where other supporters of other clubs think we are a bigoted club ... and for these same supporters (u all know the clubs) it just plays into the hands of their own arsehole bigots giving them the easiest of opportunities to drag our good clubs name through the mud - 

Yeah pretty much my thoughts mate. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Sadly these incidents are indicitive of society especially in these Brexit \ Trump times that seems to have awakened a rise in Racism and bigotry.  

EbHpXKr.jpg

Edited by Governor Tarkin

32 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

It was stated right from the beginning it was a group of 10/20. Two arrests were made.

Kinda gives full credence to the misheard lyrics.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not really, no. 

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Or more arrests are going to be made/further enquiries ongoing to identify others as has already been stated

I'm very surprised this video hasn't surfaced yet and I find the "kickback" defence a bit weird but time will tell. What's not in doubt is that there is a societal rise in this sort of thing and it's now, again making it's way into football. Hearts now lumped in with the Chelsea racists which, I'm sure will delight the cretin element of our support

35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's because JKB is not the vast majority of Hearts fans, nor is it remotely representative of the vast majority if Hearts fans.

It's just another assembly of self-important whingers bamming each other up on the internet. Football just happens to be the common thread.

:)

It's the biggest forum for Hearts supporters so is the most representative forum we have. Just because every poll on here doesn't agree with your views is tough really.  Every poll, not just on jkb but in the wider world, has shown that the majority of working age men voted yes. Anyway totally off topic

So to summarise

out of 18000 people,

a whopping 2 were arrested, and no one else in the Hearts crowd has ACTUALLY HEARD WHAT THEY SANG.

Yet the Motherwell boss did from half-a pitch away, and saw a video which no one else has seen, and some players heard it, but may have been mistaken.

The one thing I know for sure is Robinson is talking crap, and it all seems a bit unlikely that a couple of players could hear a specific word, when hundreds of others standing around the perps could not

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's the biggest forum for Hearts supporters so is the most representative forum we have. Just because every poll on here doesn't agree with your views is tough really.  Every poll, not just on jkb but in the wider world, has shown that the majority of working age men voted yes. Anyway totally off topic

You don't know what my views are, mate, or where I stand on the validity of online polls. :)

AlphonseCapone
53 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The fact one of our best players this season has been Jimmy Dunne hasn't stopped the tea towel brigade singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood. 

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

So you're happy with guilty until proven innocent? Not really what I expect from the club.

Its not as easy as that for the club , they have no choice but to act now based on the Police action. Something im sure your very aware of. 

12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So to summarise

out of 18000 people,

a whopping 2 were arrested, and no one else in the Hearts crowd has ACTUALLY HEARD WHAT THEY SANG.

Yet the Motherwell boss did from half-a pitch away, and saw a video which no one else has seen, and some players heard it, but may have been mistaken.

The one thing I know for sure is Robinson is talking crap, and it all seems a bit unlikely that a couple of players could hear a specific word, when hundreds of others standing around the perps could not

Yup, that is pretty much nutshell stuff Doc and the basis of 17 pages of conjecture on here.

Edited by i8hibsh

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Charges have already been brought against the individuals and they have been reported to the Procurator Fiscal. It’s likely further charges will follow against a few more fans.

A fair few people assuming this is all a misunderstanding of the JKB song. Pretty sure “stand up if you hate Kickback” doesn’t involve pointing aggressively at the nearest black person :whistling:

This is the thing. You've clearly seen the video or were sitting near the incident on Saturday and are able to give a educated synopsis, unlike most of us who are just second guessing based on hearsay.

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Brave word choice in the circumstances..... 

Tbf, from what we've heard from the likes of Robinson and the swift action of the police and Hearts it was portrayed as very clear cut. Like Robinson said he has saw the video and it's a disgrace. From all of that it comes across like their are no doubts. 

So I don't random punters on the Internet should feel bad from presuming something happened. What an absolute calamity if it turns out to be false. 

You’re right. It was a fair assumption to make that the incident had in fact happened. Robinson was very clear in his condemnation as were the club in terms of handing out an indefinite ban as opposed to a temporary ban pending further legal proceedings.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Imagine singing about an internet forum. :gok:

:cornette:

Even as a JKB supporter, I can’t get too excited about that. There are far worse and stranger songs going around.

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Charges have already been brought against the individuals and they have been reported to the Procurator Fiscal. It’s likely further charges will follow against a few more fans.

A fair few people assuming this is all a misunderstanding of the JKB song. Pretty sure “stand up if you hate Kickback” doesn’t involve pointing aggressively at the nearest black person :whistling:

Charges being brought and a report to the PF are no guarantee of guilt, or indeed that a crime has been committed, in my experience. 

What makes you believe that it’s likely that further fans will be charged?

Personally I’m sitting on the fence until

things are proven

If guilty of racism, they need sentenced and banned from Tynecastle.

If not, at the very least they deserve apologies from Hearts and Robinson. They  should sue PS too

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Very easy to figure out which songs you'd love heard at Tynecastle.

Cretinous.

English?

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The fact one of our best players this season has been Jimmy Dunne hasn't stopped the tea towel brigade singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood. 

Just as bad in comparison but I have experienced that at Tynie and for a lot of years (it's been there as long as I can remember)  ..unfortunately we have that element just as our spoon burning fantasists down the road have and the twin cheeks (to a far bigger scale) have

im nervous about this whole thing knowing that what was said may have happened but also fully aware that for others we are a prime target at the moment for the press and such ... there is obviously differing views on what has happened so would rather know the truth before speculating . It's a shit state of affairs in all honesty 

getting back to the point u make and I'm not saying that one is acceptable and the other isn't but in all honesty if the songs were sectarian based and aimed at opposition players I could almost understand it to the point that I could believe could happen ... the fact that it was racist chants is beyond me as I thought that stuff was dead and buried

All roads lead to Gorgie

If these alleged offences turn out to be false I will apologise for jumping the gun but racism is a thing that has no place in society and that is why a lot of posts on here were perhaps hastily made as it was shocking to hear. It does sound astonishing now as the dust settles that so many would be involved in an act of stupidity on this scale. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, JyTees said:

English?

He's implying you're a bigot and like bigoted songs.

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's implying you're a bigot and like bigoted songs.

Hope this helps.

I'd gathered that Geoff. I just wanted him to come out and say it rather than hide behind a poorly constructed sentence.

I'd also like to know how he arrived at the conclusion.

Edited by JyTees

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Someone from our supporters club was involved in a scuffle with someone after a Derby a couple of years ago. He was charged by the police and had to attend a trial diet, which he was later acquitted. Hearts received details of this incident and he was banned from Tynecastle until the result of the trial.

I imagine Hearts will have been notified of the investigation and the charges and have decided to take appropriate action. If found guilty, these guys will probably be served with a banning order from all grounds.

May seem like a silly question but, how are these bans enforced?  I mean if you buy a ticket (or someone else does for you) in say the main stand and you enter via scanned turnstiles who knows you are there? Or, you go in via a manned turnstile, does the person manning the turnstile have pictures of said banned people?  To me they are turning people through quite quickly so could easily miss identifying someone, particularly if they were partially disguised ( que the disguise gags)

I know the order is an enforcement order and the banned person will be warned about being severely dealt with if breaching that order, that should be deterrent enough but, some numpties are bound to try for bragging rights.

• cosanostra locked this topic