Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

1 minute ago, Cade said:

"Flags are not political"

:vrface:

Flags are nothing BUT political.

What political view or party am I supporting by taking a Union Jack to Tynecastle?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Cade said:

It's Ok man, we've fixed the border issue in Northern Ireland man, like, countries man, they're just , you know, like, not...not political.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No. People may use it to make a political statement like the SNP and the BNP but the flag itself IS NOT.

I've asked before without getting an answer , What is the reason for anyone taking a UJ to a Scottish football match ?

Edited by johnthomas

2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

From what I hear, some are going to look a bit silly when the truth outs.

Truth about the topic or about flags?

2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

From what I hear, some are going to look a bit silly when the truth outs.

What are you talking about. The truth is out as it was on social media.

Just now, johnthomas said:

I've asked before without getting an answer , What is the reason for anyone taking a UJ to a Scottish football match ?

Same reason every person on the planet takes a national flag to a football game I assume. They are of that country. If it winds up the opposition then jobs a good un. 

I tried to avoid posting on this thread until things died down a bit, but this is getting ridiculous.

Back on topic, I haven't seen the evidence but based upon what we have been told the club have done the correct thing. Nazi Jambos **** Off! Indeed, but I shall refrain from branding anyone as such unless/until I know them to be.

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Has somebody single handedly derailed this important thread?

I did warn you all an hour ago.  Hopefully now he has started yet another flag debate he will get kicked off this thread as the whole point of it is about racism

I will say again however, what people choose to do with the flag or attach it to can't be helped. The flag itself is not political. Same as songs. Many a song has been used in political campaigns or are now synonomous with a movement or party but that doesn't make the song political.

1 minute ago, Sraman said:

I tried to avoid posting on this thread until things died down a bit, but this is getting ridiculous.

Back on topic, I haven't seen the evidence but based upon what we have been told the club have done the correct thing. Nazi Jambos **** Off! Indeed, but I shall refrain from branding anyone as such unless/until I know them to be.

Amen to that.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Same reason every person on the planet takes a national flag to a football game I assume. They are of that country. If it winds up the opposition then jobs a good un. 

But every person on the planet doesn't - they are rarely seen at domestic games becuse there's no footballing reason to bring them - everyone at the game knows what country(s0 we are from so what's the point?

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

I did warn you all an hour ago.  Hopefully now he has started yet another flag debate he will get kicked off this thread as the whole point of it is about racism

I woudn't say I started one. It started by the singing of a song. Happy to park it however.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Only time I see a proliferation of UJ's is amongst Rangers fans . Maybe you find it easier to answer why that would be ?

There are a few misguided [as in they can't find Glasgow] souls who do this at Tynecastle . I , for one , will happily pay their bus fare to Ibrox

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I woudn't say I started one. It started by the singing of a song. Happy to park it however.

Amen to that.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

But every person on the planet doesn't - they are rarely seen at domestic games becuse there's no footballing reason to bring them - everyone at the game knows what country(s0 we are from so what's the point?

I see a few in the Bundesliga to name one. But I respectfully park the flag debate here as quite correctly it has no place.

StevenNaismith

Haven’t read the whole thread so not sure if it’s already been mentioned. Spoke to a friend who sits in the area where the arrests took place. According to him the song was stand up if you hate kickback. He’s a decent guy and I fully take his word on what happened.

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What political view or party am I supporting by taking a Union Jack to Tynecastle?

Why would you want to though?  Do you have to be British to support Hearts?  In any case, internationally, Hearts represent Scotland at football, not Britain so I don’t see the point.

I go to Tynie to watch Hearts, I don’t care if the fan next to me is Scottish, British, Irish, Polish or Nigerian and don’t see the point of national flags at club games.  Seems pointless to me, a bit like how this thread has been derailed.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Haven’t read the whole thread so not sure if it’s already been mentioned. Spoke to a friend who sits in the area where the arrests took place. According to him the song was stand up if you hate kickback. He’s a decent guy and I fully take his word on what happened.

That is certainly a story that has come out. One I hope is true for everyone's sake. It is certainly plausible.

My only concern is Stephen Robinson's comments. He was very matter of fact so I only assume he has proof. If however he made those comments based on misheard lyrics then he will look a bit silly and owes our club an apology. If he is right then shame on those fans.

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Only time I see a proliferation of UJ's is amongst Rangers fans . Maybe you find it easier to answer why that would be ?

There are a few misguided [as in they can't find Glasgow] souls who do this at Tynecastle . I , for one , will happily pay their bus fare to Ibrox

Laughing out so loudly at this nonsense.

Fozzyonthefence

That is certainly a story that has come out. One I hope is true for everyone's sake. It is certainly plausible.

My only concern is Stephen Robinson's comments. He was very matter of fact so I only assume he has proof. If however he made those comments based on misheard lyrics then he will look a bit silly and owes our club an apology. If he is right then shame on those fans.

Our club and the police would owe an apology to those fans too.  Maybe just better to wait and see how it all pans out rather than everyone jumping to conclusions.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Looks like the charges are going to be dropped and the stadium bans lifted. 

Where did you hear this?

To someone who is unfamilar with Kickback and the banter we have within our fan base about it being for wankers you have to say "kickback" and "the blacks" sound almost identical. 

I just fear that we have cooked our own goose with the coverage WE have been giving our fans behaviour recently (Tommy Robinson) etc that this is going to be a weekly thing. Everytime someone sings people will be trying to read lips and look for stuff that perhaps is not there.

I really hope this concludes with us coming out looking good as I am sick of all this shit tbh. Sick of people viewing our fans as something we just are not.  We are a highly decent bunch of supporters, decent to the core in the vast majority and main.

Governor Tarkin
36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No. People may use it to make a political statement like the SNP and the BNP but the flag itself IS NOT.

Kinda like guns don't kill people, people do?

8 minutes ago, dannymack said:

A lot of people going to end up with egg on their face.

But thats not really true is it. The club for instance have to be seen to be acting in accordance with how the Police are treating it. Any statements and actions etc will be based on that and trying to not get ourselves in more shit with the authorities. Based on available info they had no choice but to immediately ban them indefintely until there is a change in the PFs stance and/or a court admonishment/not guilty verdict. Then they have a decision to make. The wording of the bans were very careful (indefinite).

Hearts fans , we all know there is an element of fans others are not happy with. The jist of peoples opinions are they want them out of Tynecastle.

Police - have to act on what info they receive. Been there done that. Been hauled down to Queen Street many a time based on two peoples corroborating info at the time.

Motherwell players - will go by what they hear or assume they hear as will Robinson. Certain recent issues from our support will mean that what people hear is predetermined to a degree.

Media - sensationalise everything so really what else would you expect than “utterly disgusting” headlines

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To someone who is unfamilar with Kickback and the banter we have within our fan base about it being for wankers you have to say "kickback" and "the blacks" sound almost identical. 

I just fear that we have cooked our own goose with the coverage WE have been giving our fans behaviour recently (Tommy Robinson) etc that this is going to be a weekly thing. Everytime someone sings people will be trying to read lips and look for stuff that perhaps is not there.

I really hope this concludes with us coming out looking good as I am sick of all this shit tbh. Sick of people viewing our fans as something we just are not.  We are a highly decent bunch of supporters, decent to the core in the vast majority and main.

Or you could look at it as having given them good reason to assume things about us which, on this specific occasion, might not be completely accurate.

It's not such a stretch to imagine that a bunch of fans who court Robinson are probably likely to also racially abuse a player. If you fly with the crows.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Kinda like guns don't kill people, people do?

It is the flame not the ciggie.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Have you sobered up now or found the missing pennies... almost agree with most of that

Edited by sadj

How completely ****ing stupid do you have to be to sing a song berating an internet forum at a football match? Or even consider doing so?

2 minutes ago, redm said:

Or you could look at it as having given them good reason to assume things about us which, on this specific occasion, might not be completely accurate.

It's not such a stretch to imagine that a bunch of fans who court Robinson are probably likely to also racially abuse a player. If you fly with the crows.

The longer and more articulate version of what I was meaning 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Boof said:

How completely ****ing stupid do you have to be to sing a song berating an internet forum at a football match? Or even consider doing so?

Probably as stupid as folk on an internet forum berating folk singing at a football match.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Probably as stupid as folk on an internet forum berating folk singing at a football match.

I'm not berating them in the slightest, I just want proper commitment to the Tiffany version.

If they'd just stuck with that, none of this would ever have happened. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

7 minutes ago, redm said:

This is unfortunately where we are at for the foreseeable future I think. Guilty until proven innocent in the media and polices eyes. Assuming innocence the club can’t do either, they have to seen to come down hard then if needed re-evaluate afterward.

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, redm said:

I don't doubt for a second that we (and every club) have fans that not only are capable but do racally abuse players. I just think that with the huge clamp down and zero tolerance campaign within Tynecastle no-one would be that brazen or stupid. I also totally oppose trial by social media - it is brutal. I would rather these threads never surfaced until undeniable proof is out in the public domain.

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Does that apply if you whistle along to it?

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

I find it funny. Good banter. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I disagree. A forum is a place for discussion. That is (loosely) what is happening here.

What allegedly happened at Tynecastle was people singing about hating a forum that many people in attendance will have no knowledge of.

I know which one I believe to be the more cretinous behaviour.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Does that apply if you whistle along to it?

Whistle along to the Stand up or tiffany version?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I don't doubt for a second that we (and every club) have fans that not only are capable but do racally abuse players. I just think that with the huge clamp down and zero tolerance campaign within Tynecastle no-one would be that brazen or stupid. I also totally oppose trial by social media - it is brutal. I would rather these threads never surfaced until undeniable proof is out in the public domain.

Well, yes, we do. We know that because we've had fellow fans tell us many times about their experiences. It's not widespread but it does happen. I was pleased they'd busted a couple of racists, so now I'm just sad that they seem to have unfortunately ended up collaring the wrong people. With that sort of swift action, they'll get it right more often than not though. 

I agree with you about the majority being good decent people btw, of course I do. That's the reason this stuff irritates folk so much. Being tarred with this brush impacts on us all to some extent.

They wanted notoriety, well this is what notoriety gets you. I hope they're enjoying it. :unsure:

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, redm said:

I'm not berating them in the slightest, I just want proper commitment to the Tiffany version.

If they'd just stuck with that, none of this would ever have happened. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

I'm sure there is, red. :lol:

This wee spat between a section of our support and Kickback is fairly amusing though.

I'm sure (hope) that nobody takes it at all seriously.

If it turns out that folk were lifted for racism when in fact they were just having a dig at Kickback it would be just chocolate.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

I find it funny. Good banter. 

I find it bizarre. Pathetic and moronic too.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

I disagree. A forum is a place for discussion. That is (loosely) what is happening here.

What allegedly happened at Tynecastle was people singing about hating a forum that many people in attendance will have no knowledge of.

I know which one I believe to be the more cretinous behaviour.

Get over yourself, Boof. It's all tongue in cheek. Folk are still allowed to have a laugh at the fooball.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm sure there is, red. :lol:

this wee spat between a section of our sulpport and Kickback is fairly amusing though.

I'm sure (hope) that nobody takes it at all seriously.

If it turns out that folk were lifted for racism when in fact they were just having a dig at Kickback it would be just chocolate.

;) 

Oh god, I certainly don't.

Plus, half the folk who shout loudest about the forum read it religiously. 

And I can't lie, imagining two folk having to explain singing about the internet to police gave me a laugh. Heh.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Get over yourself, Boof. Folk are still alowed to have a laugh at the fooball.

I don't think I need to get over myself.

I just don't understand why anyone can find it remotely amusing. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

;) 

Oh god, I certainly don't.

Plus, half the folk who shout loudest about the forum read it religiously. 

And I can't lie, imagining two folk having to explain singing about the internet to police gave me a laugh. Heh.

The press and Robinson retractions could be interesting though if that is the case. 

1 minute ago, Boof said:

I don't think I need to get over myself.

I just don't understand why anyone can find it remotely amusing. 

It is proper amusing , the banter at Killie was hilarious. Imagine being so wound up at faceless people you sing about them. Difference between them singing about kickback for instance and singing about AB

• cosanostra locked this topic