Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

I have been attending matches at Tynecastle for 65 years now, I remember my Grandad hating Jimmy Wardhaugh because he was a Catholic, thank goodness I did not inherit his bigotry and could only see a brilliant player who I idolised, I really thought that this Sectarian rubbish would have died a death by now as more enlightened generations appeared on the terraces, especially as in modern times church attendance seems to becoming a thing of the past, I wonder what are the chances in my lifetime of fans saying to one another did people really behave like that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Man is an obnoxious prick. **** knows why so many laud him. 

One numpty on here (I kid you not) suggested English could succeed Ann as CEO!

:vrface:

6 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Perhaps mr levein has a level and intelligent head and wants to get his point across in a diplomatic way???!

Perhaps Craig and the club know it’s ****ing arseholes in our support throwing coins and their manager and the match officials?  I didn’t see any highlights of the assistant ref goading it? 

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

They both always end up reacting to banter in a similar way, by being part of it. 

When has Kyle Lafferty ever moaned he's subject to sectarian/ racist abuse?

15 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He never once said ginger baws brought it on himself, he never once said He done anything wrong.  

Craig Levein has not came out and said anything condemning Lennon.  Just have a wee think about that for a minute.  Same chap who would defend our club to the hilt, against the SFA football in general.  Ask yourself why that is.  Perhaps it’s the ****ing scum who’s to blame. 

He did not use Lennon's name. But he as plain as day implied, rightly, that the professional coach/manager cannot get involved with the fans.

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

One numpty on here (I kid you not) suggested English could succeed Ann as CEO!

:vrface:

Yeah. Even talk about him opening the new stand. 

The only journalist worth his salt in Scottish football is the excellent jim Spence. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He did not use Lennon's name. But he as plain as day implied, rightly, that the professional coach/manager cannot get involved with the fans.

Exactly - if you read the article it doesn’t take a genius to understand what he means 

MacDonald Jardine
8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I don't know. Has he ever? 

That isn't what I was saying though.

I was saying Kyle Lafferty and Neil Lennon are active parts in a sectarian banter thing.Do you see what I mean?

Kind of yes. I still don't see what that has to do with Wednesday night, and Lennon"s use of the sectarian card is far from banter.

He uses it when he wants to play the victim. 

38 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Nor mine, and I didn't expect to agree with you. 

Opposition manager gives it effectively GIRFUY in a derby game.

In many ways I'm amazed only one coin was thrown. 

And that would be the case if he was a born and bred Hearts fan.

Well that’s the thing, isn’t it? I’m not sure why you didn’t ever expect to agree with me. I ain’t on a side when it comes to this shit. I love Hearts and I despise Celtic, but as far as sectarian bullshit goes, I’m not aligned to either side. As far as I’m concerned, on this particular topic, not agreeing with my view is actually a bit odd! ?

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well that’s the thing, isn’t it? I’m not sure why you didn’t ever expect to agree with me. I ain’t on a side when it comes to this shit. I love Hearts and I despise Celtic, but as far as sectarian bullshit goes, I’m not aligned to either side. As far as I’m concerned, on this particular topic, not agreeing with my view is actually a bit odd! ?

Well of course it is.

I meant more on the whole flag issue etc.

41 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Lennon was dribbling about "one Scotland" and "our democracy" during his wee sermon about widespread sectarianism.     Then he said that HE has suffered from discrimination.      For Lennon the narrative is Lennon but he tried to piggyback it on to a wider issue.

He's a bag of tricks.

Move found myself pre-judged a lot when discussing this topic on various media tonight. That’s prejudice for you though, eh? I must be an anti-RC bigot because I think Lennon is a total prick. Tom English and his pals obviously don’t do irony.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I think privately, Hearts and Levein are pissed off with Lennon, but publicly are being 'polite'.

I am sure Leane has been told as such.

I think you are probably correct. 

Neil Lennon is right to point out that there is a problem. He appears, however, to lack the insight to see that, at present, he is part of the problem and needs to become part of the solution.

25 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Well of course it is.

I meant more on the whole flag issue etc.

I’m Scottish. I am British against my wishes, but until that changes through democratic processes, I am British. That Union Flag means a lot to many normal decent people, I am cool with that. It’s the British flag. Whatever. The Irish tricolor? Well Celtic and Hibs were founded by people from that country. Not really winding me up to look at it tbh.

Seen the sky sports news speel.

what a horrible cretin Lennon is.  Cheating scumbag who is playing everybody a fiddle.

he is without doubt a liar and fake news and whatever else. Hope he does fek off as he claims he is again thinking about. Just do it and go. But we know he won’t. 

You know what ? The fact he get into such a mess just proves how mush he hates us and that’s kind of fine for me because when we do beat them at their shithole it will all be beautiful to watch. And I won’t miss that.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Seen the sky sports news speel.

what a horrible cretin Lennon is.  Cheating scumbag who is playing everybody a fiddle.

he is without doubt a liar and fake news and whatever else. Hope he does fek off as he claims he is again thinking about. Just do it and go. But we know he won’t. 

You know what ? The fact he get into such a mess just proves how mush he hates us and that’s kind of fine for me because when we do beat them at their shithole it will all be beautiful to watch. And I won’t miss that.

We really need to make a concentrated effort to make Lennon feel as miserable as possible when we do smash them at their home patch at new year. I won't be happy until he dissappears again with the flu again. I want him to suffer and spend new year under his covers  

He really is a horrible prick. On a one man crusade to make us look as bad as possible by feigning injury. He knows exactly what he's doing, exaggerating the situation as much as possibe in order to blacken Hearts name and every fan that follows the club. I'd love to see a full blown meltdown from him. One that he couldn't professionally recover from.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

So, on Twitter I have asked Tom English several times to show this image of a Neil Lennon effigy outside Tynecastle or admit he and his fellow journos were wrong. The result.....

30D7267B-0C16-4A95-9887-E5AC9109F746.png

Should just post that picture and tag every media outlet continuously skysports football stvnews bbcsport all the usual suspects hibs hearts sfa and the like ?

35 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’m Scottish. I am British against my wishes, but until that changes through democratic processes, I am British. That Union Flag means a lot to many normal decent people, I am cool with that. It’s the British flag. Whatever. The Irish tricolor? Well Celtic and Hibs were founded by people from that country. Not really winding me up to look at it tbh.

Which hibs? Version 1 or 2? ?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Which hibs? Version 1 or 2? ?

Good question. No idea if Hibernian were. Hibernians certainly were. They even insisted on all their players being from that particular background and religion.

1 hour ago, jambomartin said:

He started so well too until he came out with 'There can be no argument that Lennon receives the abuse he gets on account of the fact that he is a Northern Irish Catholic that played for Celtic.'

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I think privately, Hearts and Levein are pissed off with Lennon, but publicly are being 'polite'.

Thats my thought too , said earlier to people I think people will of had a word with him privately but publicly you have to condemn the fans of both sides or your leaving it wide open for people to take the piss and go further with it. Lennon needs to wind his neck in if he thinks its sectarian though. It might be for 2% of the public the other 98% who detest him are due to hos behaviour , snarling and aggression towards other clubs , players and fans. I usually find his crap funny but I agree that Wednesday was stupid as he could easily of caused a major incident.

13 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

He started so well too until he came out with 'There can be no argument that Lennon receives the abuse he gets on account of the fact that he is a Northern Irish Catholic that played for Celtic.'

Astounding.

Astounding. They're trying so hard to be like Celtic.

Scum.

Around the 42 second mark a coin can clearly be seen bouncing off his chest. He looks down, sees it's a coin then decides to clutch his jaw and fall to the ground.

Watch it full screen to get the full deceitful nature of it. 

Edited by JFK-1

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Far too sensible a post mate.

BangkokHearts
28 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Around the 42 second mark a coin can clearly be seen bouncing off his chest. He looks down, sees it's a coin then decides to clutch his jaw and fall to the ground.

He's clearly grinning as he goes down and on the ground.

8 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

He's clearly grinning as he goes down and on the ground.

In that video you don't see a cretin.

There's a truely troubled individual.

A complete incompetent.

And a man, in the moment of pure class.

Edited by DETTY29

...a bit disco
51 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Denmarks walls mate. Denmarks walls. 

Doesn't quite fit the same though.

:biggrin: 

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

1- has it been 100% identified as a coin?

2- Please Hearts fans, stop throwing things at people.

3. I will never understand Neil Lennon falling to the ground like that as anything other than a controlled and deliberate descent. I can't be the only one to see it and think he is at it.

Probably more accurate to call it an object. He said it was a coin and since others were around I presumed that part to be true.

30 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Doesn't quite fit the same though.

:biggrin: 

:oldsad:

Anti Catholic bias must be stamped out wherever we meet it , whether it be Kilmarnock , Morton or Denmark (that's 3 games where he accumulated a total of  a 10 match ban , right ?).

In the words of Voltaire, every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

WheatfieldWarrior
34 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Probably more accurate to call it an object. He said it was a coin and since others were around I presumed that part to be true.

It was a 1 pound coin, (or 454 Grams based on the fall)

Lenny - just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get you!!  And - saw some interesting photos of him a while back compared to now - his ginger barnet which was receding seems to have sprouted back somewhat!!

On 01/11/2018 at 17:15, ...a bit disco said:

Could actually be true that it's all religion based.

Let's face it, Lennons 2 biggest targets are Rangers and ourselves.

TLB after all.

On 01/11/2018 at 18:41, Sexton Hardcastle said:

See if Lennons agent is able to suggest that he was attacked because of his religion, then surely it is only fair to suggest that he only goads Hearts’s and, to a lesser extent Rangers fans, because a majority of their support are of the opposite faith. 

Cant have it one way and not the other.

I made this point on Twitter last night. 

We're all bigots for hating him, yet his long standing hatred for us has absolutely nothing to do with his predjudices at all. 

I think he's just cleverer at hiding his bigotry. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Aye.

They guard old Dennys Walls with a passion.

Worth guarding imho. Great breakfasts! :laugh:

th.jpeg

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Absolute stonewall evidence that Lennon is shitebag (as I mentioned in another thread) but now it's all about sectarianism and how he is a victim. 

12 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Absolute stonewall evidence that Lennon is shitebag (as I mentioned in another thread) but now it's all about sectarianism and how he is a victim. 

He can also be seen telling the official it hit him in the chin when it clearly never 

So he's lied and simulated his lie 

So thats ok 

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

Most definitely.

MacDonald Jardine
6 hours ago, Nobreath said:

There's a 7 page thread on Hibs net on which they fall over themselves to agree. It's unbelievable. 

kingantti1874

Why do people find it so hard to understand its extremely possible to dislike neil lennon and not becuase hes a Catholic.. It's utterly incredible how this imbecile has managed to hide his behaviour behond such a serious issue

This ‘Hang Neil Lennon’ Graffiti in Russell Road, was it seen, commented upon or put up in Social Media before the pressure started mounting on Lennon for goading Hearts fans?

Incredible if no one, esp within the thousands of Hibs fans who presumably came along that way thought to say anything about it online before Chris McLauchlin of the BBC saw it. 

Up until the graffiti post Lennon was losing face for his part in Weds night. Now he and his cronies in the media can put whole new spin on it and he can fall back on his old staple of ‘Scotland’s shame’. Last wheeled out when he was under pressure for his antics previously. 

How ‘lucky’ for his case that some ‘Hearts fan’ gave a timely new impetus to their defence by daubing this on the wall. 

Not saying it wasn’t some dafty, not claiming it’s Fake News, we’ll never know. I’m only pointing out how much it has allowed for a fundamental change in the narrative.

Went very quickly from an idiot throwing a coin at a idiot celebrating his team not losing to accusations of fundamental societal racism inherent in the county 

Edited by cocobeab

6 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

This ‘Hang Neil Lennon’ Graffiti in Russell Road, was it seen, commented upon or put up in Social Media before the pressure started mounting on Lennon for goading Hearts fans?

Incredible if no one, esp within the thousands of Hibs fans who presumably came along that way thought to say anything about it online before Chris McLauchlin of the BBC saw it. 

Up until the graffiti post Lennon was losing face for his part in Weds night. Now he and his cronies in the media can put whole new spin on it and he can fall back on his old staple of ‘Scotland’s shame’. Last wheeled out when he was under pressure for his antics previously. 

How ‘lucky’ for his case that some ‘Hearts fan’ gave a timely new impetus to their defence by daubing this on the wall. 

Not saying it wasn’t some dafty, not claiming it’s Fake News, we’ll never know. I’m only pointing out how much it has allowed for a fundamental change in the narrative.

Went very quickly from an idiot throwing a coin at a idiot celebrating his team not losing to accusations of fundamental societal racism inherent in the county 

And another opportunity for the media to trot out old John Wilson footage portraying a distorted view of reality.

EastSideJambo
48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why do people find it so hard to understand its extremely possible to dislike neil lennon and not becuase hes a Catholic.. It's utterly incredible how this imbecile has managed to hide his behaviour behond such a serious issue

It's now at the stage where he can behave however he sees fit and if you react (preferably without throwing objects) it's because you're anti Catholic 

It's really quite extraordinary. He's an utterly loathsome piece of filth

This has little to do with his religious beliefs for the absolute vast majority of people. He's a horrible man who is comfortable depicting himself as a victim 

I suspect he'll be away back to English football within 6 months. Certainly 12 months 

Edited by EastSideJambo

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

Why would we be polite though, when it is clearly damaging our reputation in a way that we know Ann would be concerned about?

Leanne needs told publicly. 

Having watched it again I can confirm that it's actually a button popping from him thrusting out his chest,  a part of his wee hard man routine.