Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

As someone not too far away from Lennon (section S), I can’t say I noticed any sectarianism directed towards him.

There is clearly a sectarian minority in our support, who only seem to appear when we play clubs in green but the abuse directed towards Lennon on Wednesday (graffiti excluded) wasn’t sectarian. 

I can’t speak for the coin thrower, they may well have had sectarian motives but I highly doubt it. Any Hibs manager who acted the way Lennon did after the disallowed goal would have just as likely got a coin chucked at them. 

Regardless, we need to get rid of the sectarian minority and mini-Huns - complete embarrassment. 

Agree and appreciate the view from someone close by 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

But Hearts should be telling Hibs that the cordial,  cooperative,   united front ends immediately if they can't get Lennon to stay in the real,  rational world.

letsmakesomenoise
26 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Adam Rooney. Pat Fenlon. Johnny Hayes. Richie Foran. Shay Logan. The McGinn guy. Boring Brendan Rodgers. Liam Brady. Anti-Irish racism and throwing stuff are both wrong but I could have gone on all day listing Irish people who have been in Scottish football. Why is only Lennon so disliked?

It's not his country. It's not his (nominal) faith.

It's HIM.

This!

A lot of our squad and coaching staff are irish!  Couldn’t even tell you their religion, who cares!

highlandjambo3
51 minutes ago, smiler said:

He really is an angry little man. I thoroughly despise the wee shitehouse. 

I hope the few that are going today behave themselves though, don't give the Glasgow press any more excuses to annihilate us please. 

And Hearts, get a ****ing statement out now, defend the club, for God's sake.

There will be more media spin today again us no matter how vile the Septic fans are

Yeah how many times has he threatened to SENSATIONALLY QUIT hibs now :lol:

Utterly desperate for a job back down south. 

54 minutes ago, smiler said:

I hope the few that are going today behave themselves though, don't give the Glasgow press any more excuses to annihilate us please. 

We’ll release our statement on the 29th Dec.

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Anything Hearts now say on the subject will make it worse.    Seized on to say we are in denial and/or tolerate criminality,  discrimination,  etc etc.      

The 'debate' surrounding Neil Lennon and the wider issue of discrimination is shut down.      Too many fascist thinking people who impose their pre-determined beliefs on everyone else.     Any dissent,   no matter how well crafted,    is twisted to suit the narrative.

Just say **** all else and move on.

Indeed. After the joint statement, let it be. Take a lead from the SFA and SPFL in these things. Say nothing more and move on.

Yesterday he was considering his future. Today he’s not being driven out. Yesterday kkk, today hitler????  Can’t believe he’s playing the victim but putting himself in the same bracket as some of the worst atrocities known to man. He really is horrific 

Graham Thomson

Lennon has serious issues, and is probably not in a fit mental state to manage a senior football club. 

It has nothing to do with him being Irish or Catholic, that's a convenient smokescreen to deflect blame, 

Pat Fenlon previous Hubs manager who we all adored ? was Irish and Catholic, yet he was never subjected to abuse from Opposing fans! Reason being he behaved rationally and didn't incite trouble... That on it's own blows Lennons absurd theory out the water...

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Anything Hearts now say on the subject will make it worse.    Seized on to say we are in denial and/or tolerate criminality,  discrimination,  etc etc.      

The 'debate' surrounding Neil Lennon and the wider issue of discrimination is shut down.      Too many fascist thinking people who impose their pre-determined beliefs on everyone else.     Any dissent,   no matter how well crafted,    is twisted to suit the narrative.

Frustrating to feel it, but this is the case. Hearts are trapped because of the few morons in our support. 

The media will take any comments we make out of context and make us appear hypocritical. 

We can't argue the case that Lennon was not attacked for sectarian reasons because the media will respond with headlines saying we are denying sectarianism exists at Tynecastle. 

I've argued this point with a friend over the past 24 hours – while sectarian chanting and sectarian flag waving are abhorrent, they are lesser crimes than a sectarian assault would be. 

Yet we are being lambasted for a non-existent sectarian assault thanks to the boy who cried wolf a) faking the coin injury and b) conflating the sectarian graffiti with the coin incident.

Despite there being no evidence that the coin incident was sectarian, the media are portraying it as such thanks to their darling Lennon.

So if the media can do that we can assume they will twist anything we say if we give them the opportunity. 

We have to deal with the flag-waving sectarian morons in our support, and we have to deal with the "hullo hullo", by banning both.

Then we can come out with statements defending ourselves. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Yesterday he was considering his future. Today he’s not being driven out. Yesterday kkk, today hitler????  Can’t believe he’s playing the victim but putting himself in the same bracket as some of the worst atrocities known to man. He really is horrific 

My thoughts too. Comparing himself with these just shows him up for what he is 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Looking at the coin video, I fail to see how anyone can dispute that NL was goading the fans before the coin was thrown (you know who you are, Leanne Dempster.)

Graham Spiers in today's Times is clear in pointing it out.

The trouble is that the coin thrower gave NL a get out of hail free card.  The powers that be might have had cause to cite him, again, had it not been for the coin.

Nelly Terraces
26 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I doubt it Nelly, he's threatened to go before but hasn't.  He's doing the attention seeking thing again.  Weirdo that he is!

Sadly I think you're right there Ronnie old son. Even my good lady wife, who hasn't really much interest in football, described him as "a bloody drama queen"! 

I'm at the point now where I'm past caring the media will conflate anything that happens with us and play down or ignore the ongoing shit show in the west.

That will never change in the same way we'll never be squeaky clean.

Budge should just tell them to get to **** , defend the club and point out the hypocrisy.

Bollocks to them.

Think enough has been said and Budge and Levein have been quite sensible to side step this. 

We are eight points above them in the league and this is probably a tactic designed to make us lose focus so that they can catch us.

I don’t expect us to get anything from today’s match but the matches against Killie and Rangers at home are important and we will need to be at our best to win them.

43 minutes ago, Boab said:

My faith in the footballing public is such that i'm convinced most know that Lennon is unhinged and maybe should stand by previous statements and chuck it. His latest press conference was disturbing.

Most of my mates are killie fans. They texted me the next day and were overwhelmingly in support of the coin thrower!

no one outside the old firm gives a shite about the incident , and most non rantic fans actually think it's hilarious

41 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You’re probably right. 

We need the media to change their angle of attack to focus on Lennon’s nonsense (some hope) -maybe if they give him enough rope he will eventually hang himself, metaphorically speaking. 

18 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Simple question foregarding Neil.  Why do you not wear a poppy. This is all to deflect from his behaviour and another touch line ban

That’s a completely different debate and discussion. Nothing to do with this. 

Just now, Toggie88 said:

That’s a completely different debate and discussion. Nothing to do with this. 

It isn't really if you think about it.

He's crying about the whole sectarian thing going on but he's also fuelling the fire

Just now, Jeff said:

He's crying about the whole sectarian thing going on but he's also fuelling the fire

Loads of people do not wear poppies so we can’t single out one man for his decision. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Loads of people do not wear poppies so we can’t single out one man for his decision. 

I wouldn't normally single him out but you can't cry about getting anti catholic abuse (if it even happened on Wednesday) then go out and fire shots at the proddy side in the same week. 

I'm not interested in religion at all so nothing fazes me. All embarrassing really

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Is not wearing a poppy fuelling the fire? I don’t think it is, plenty people don’t and I was completely unaware of whether NL wore one or not, until it was brought up here. 

Thinking about it though and the whole poppy debate, NL’s background etc, it would probably be more of a political statement for him to wear one given the wider non-footballing context. 

Just now, Toggie88 said:

Is not wearing a poppy fuelling the fire? I don’t think it is, plenty people don’t and I was completely unaware of whether NL wore one or not, until it was brought up here. 

Thinking about it though and the whole poppy debate, NL’s background etc, it would probably be more of a political statement for him to wear one given the wider non-footballing context. 

I could be wrong but I'd say the majority of folk that don't wear one up here don't to try and wind the other side up. Most of the Celtic fans waving the tricolour probably don't even know why they are doing it.

It's all a joke

Still never understand that cupping your ear to the opposition fans after a goal is a yellow [Remember Steve-O at ER and Zal giving the 5-1 at the advertising boards]...both yellows..........and some of the stuff on the sidelines is ignored...what he done on Wednesday is no different, winding up the fans pure and simple...just a pity some eejit in our support fell for it and gave him the excuse he needed

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I could be wrong but I'd say the majority of folk that don't wear one up here don't to try and wind the other side up. Most of the Celtic fans waving the tricolour probably don't even know why they are doing it.

It's all a joke

I don’t see the poppy as a ‘symbol’ of the Protestant side of the debate. It only becomes such if you are viewing it through that prism. 

There’s Church of Scotland ministers who won’t wear a poppy.

Edit: may have misread you’re comment. I agree with you that NL winds people up and antagonises the whole thing, but I doubt not wearing a poppy is part of that. Like that Sunderland boy a few years back, there was a personal objection to it - you can agree with that objection or not, but I don’t think it was an attempt to fuel sectarianism.  

Edited by Toggie88

1 hour ago, smiler said:

The club will be waiting to see how today pans out before making any statement. I certainly would anyway

SectionDJambo

It’s now the 3rd day after the idiot threw the coin. We were told the police were looking at cctv immediately after the game. 

How long does it take to identify this person from the seat he’s in? No report of an arrest, unless they’re keeping it quiet.

Would have thought that a quick arrest and announcement would have been desirable to show action is swift.

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s now the 3rd day after the idiot threw the coin. We were told the police were looking at cctv immediately after the game. 

How long does it take to identify this person from the seat he’s in? No report of an arrest, unless they’re keeping it quiet.

Would have thought that a quick arrest and announcement would have been desirable to show action is swift.

It depends how easy it is to spot where the coin came from if lots of people were standing and shouting at Lennon for goading the crowd plus if the camera was focused on wherever it came from.

6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I would imagine at the moment the club was thrown, there was a hundreds of people pointing and gesturing at Lennon following his antics. Won’t be that straight forward I imagine. 

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

still not arrested the person who punched Bobby which should have been very straight forward

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Simple question foregarding Neil.  Why do you not wear a poppy. This is all to deflect from his behaviour and another touch line ban

Deflection from that and the fact his flair team were absolute chronic and couldn’t lay a glove on a makeshift Hearts team.

He’s playing a blinder.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah how many times has he threatened to SENSATIONALLY QUIT hibs now :lol:

Utterly desperate for a job back down south. 

My view as well and the fact that he and his agent are using Scotland's supposed bias against Irish Catholics etc seems to bear this out.  No one should condone the throwing of coins, or indeed any object, and one must question the mindset of the guy who did it BUT

why did the culprit wait until so late in the game to throw the coin?  Could it have been something to do with Lennon's brainless actions at the disallowed goal that triggered it?  The press seems to have ignored this or played it down for dramatic effect/big headlines.

The coin seemed to hit him in the chest but even if had hit his cheek that was a real Oscar-winning performance and have the SFA/SPFL decided to review film evidence of the incident?  He always seems to claim victim status and accept little responsibility for his own contributions.  Who can forget his aeroplane celebration in the 5-5 draw with Rangers.  Did someone else cause or force him to act in this foolish and unsafe manner?

If I were a club owner I would not take him on my staff simply because of his personal behaviour on and off the field but if someone in England is daft enough or desperate enough to hire him, then good luck to them.

If the truth be told he is an above average manager IMO but he lets himself down in so many many ways otherwise.  He could do so much better.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

This is all very politically driven now, what on earth is going on with the media!

Someone's agenda being pushed through all this.

It's getting silly right enough, mate.

Time to move on, I feel. Let the old bill clear up and everyone else get back to football. 

9 minutes ago, kila said:

This is all very politically driven now, what on earth is going on with the media!

Someone's agenda being pushed through all this.

Yep.   The Lennon story,  as it has been before,   is a convenience.    It's a proxy issue.     The real cause is controlled by the powerful who remain slyly anonymous.

south morocco
3 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

As someone not too far away from Lennon (section S), I can’t say I noticed any sectarianism directed towards him.

There is clearly a sectarian minority in our support, who only seem to appear when we play clubs in green but the abuse directed towards Lennon on Wednesday (graffiti excluded) wasn’t sectarian. 

I can’t speak for the coin thrower, they may well have had sectarian motives but I highly doubt it. Any Hibs manager who acted the way Lennon did after the disallowed goal would have just as likely got a coin chucked at them. 

Regardless, we need to get rid of the sectarian minority and mini-Huns - complete embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Anyone who has commented on one of the many threads on JKB, and sits behind dugout has said the sectarian abuse to NL was constant and vitriolic 

Thanks Guys, differing views then.

NL hit with a 1 pound coin goes down faster than the Titanic imagine what would happen if he was hit by a 5 pound note. !!!!!!!!!

Lennon presents a grossly distorted world view. He breathes life into a toxic false narrative that has festered and grown during his tenure. In light of what actually happened on Wednesday night, Lennon’s message is not only deeply dishonest, but chillingly dangerous and irresponsible.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe it was Petrie and therefore they aren’t sure what to do?

40 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Thanks Guys, differing views then.

Amazing how they can be so radically different isn’t it. Almost as if in the heat of the moment people aren’t ? sure. Ithink that after the Hibs fan clocking Zlamal that lennons behaviour at Dikamona’s disallowed goal was absolutely stupid and asking for someone to be an idiot. That does not mean in anyway it was acceptable to throw a coin however.

10 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Lennon presents a grossly distorted world view. He breathes life into a toxic false narrative that has festered and grown during his tenure. In light of what actually happened on Wednesday night, Lennon’s message is not only deeply dishonest, but chillingly dangerous and irresponsible.

True,    but it will always be legitimised and be viewed as credible as long as sectarianism exists.       The level of sectarianism matters very little.      Any isolated instances are enough to sustain his and others' agenda.

The Hibs Gazzette/EEN has its front and back page all dedicated to Lennon's racist and ssectarian accusations.  No balance to it at all or questioning his goading of the Hearts fans beforehand.

Utterly embarrassing piece of "journalism".

...a bit disco

When you see him come out with stuff like “he’ll disappear of the face off the earth very quickly” probs tells you of Neil Lennons maturity. I said he should not have been struck by coin. He can lesson the chances though by acting a bit more mature on sideline was my point.

DrFROBAX4AAI7wa.jpg

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

When you see him come out with stuff like “he’ll disappear of the face off the earth very quickly” probs tells you of Neil Lennons maturity. I said he should not have been struck by coin. He can lesson the chances though by acting a bit more mature on sideline was my point.

DrFROBAX4AAI7wa.jpg

What a pathetic thing to say 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a pathetic thing to say 

You think that's bad?

✍ Kris Boyd: The Old Firm fans hate each other and everyone knows that.. but I can't help think the picture in Edinburgh is as bad, if not actually worse https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3436983/hibs-neil-lennon-coin-hearts-kris-boyd/ 

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

You think that's bad?

✍ Kris Boyd: The Old Firm fans hate each other and everyone knows that.. but I can't help think the picture in Edinburgh is as bad, if not actually worse https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3436983/hibs-neil-lennon-coin-hearts-kris-boyd/ 

Christ almighty.  I think we have a winner here boys.