Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

south morocco
5 minutes ago, H2 said:

Watch this link - See if you still think it hit him in the face.

I agree the preson who threw it has shamed our club.

However I would embaressed if our mamanger fell over in such circumstances.

I doubt it i hit his face. if it did it was a slight skim, certainly not eneough to make him go to ground.

Throbbing..... no sign of any marks, the pressure from teh phtsion was probably greater than the coin.

IMO the SFA should take him to task on video evidence.

Disgraceful to throw the coin, I agree. But.Correct. If any hearts manager went down like that I would be cringing. 

Edited by south morocco

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

On 03/11/2018 at 21:29, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed he has.

The Guardian of The Bridge Of Doom himself.

4EE5025E00000578-6035537-image-m-36_1533

You have to laugh.

The whole scenario of it all.

And fekin hearts supporters buy into the opposite.

And hearts supporters buy into the let's sort this out.

A football club hijacked by those dicks 

And our football club hijacked by our dicks.

Fek off you orange Fenian arseholes

8 minutes ago, jake said:

You have to laugh.

The whole scenario of it all.

And fekin hearts supporters buy into the opposite.

And hearts supporters buy into the let's sort this out.

A football club hijacked by those dicks 

And our football club hijacked by our dicks.

Fek off you orange Fenian arseholes

:rofl:

This is what happens when someone actually is hit by a coin thrown from a crowd. And when hit he didn't go through the cringeworthy antics of Lennon.

article-0-001A1CD900000258-406_468x442.j

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:05, Salad Fingers said:

His agent said "is it because he has red hair, is it because he was a good footballer? NO! it's because he was an Northern Irish catholic playing for Celtic" 

Nothing to do with him being an utter ringpiece.  

A good footballer???????????????:facepalm:

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:30, busby1985 said:

5C86AD9A-9A07-4F90-B214-33C47F5F0D28.jpeg

Pat Fenlon was sent to the stand for making this exact gesture - why wasn't Lennon - and if the referee, or Linesman, or 4th official missed it (yes I know!!) why did the Compliance Officer not step in with a ban as this photo was splashed all over the media?????

Could it be that those protecting Lennon are the bigots with an agenda????

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:29, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed he has.

Lennon is a symbol of all that Hibs stands for.......

On 03/11/2018 at 21:29, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed he has.

Bradley looks like a obese farmer.

At least if Neil Lennon does quit in a huff one day, he probably has a career running food banks.

Only person I know who can make a meal out of a £1 coin. 

...a bit disco

The James McClean stuff is interesting in light of the Lennon shite.

The English FA and Stoke City are investigating James McClean’s social media post in which he blasted the club’s own fans as "uneducated cavemen".

McClean went on Instagram to hit out at Stoke supporters who took issue with his decision not to wear a poppy.

The Republic of Ireland winger began his post with a Bobby Sands quote that stated: “They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn’t want to be broken."

He continued: "Your abuse, your throwing things, your booing, do your worst.. to the home fans that are actually educated and support me, thank yous.

"To the section of uneducated cavemen in left hand corner of the Boothen End stand that want to sing their anti-Irish song each game and call me a Fenian this and that.. I am a PROUD FENIAN no c@#t will ever change that, so sing away."

McClean was born in Derry – the scene of the Bloody Sunday atrocity – and his decision not to wear a poppy is down to his roots.

Last week he and Stoke released a statement that explained his decision to snub the symbol.

But now it’s understood his club are probing his latest comments, while the FA are also looking into them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fa-investigate-james-mccleans-uneducated-13536852

...a bit disco

Err, well said Gordon?

Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan has said that last week’s coin throwing incident during the Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle was not sectarian.

Hibs boss Neil Lennon was struck with a coin thrown from the Hearts support after gesturing to the home fans following a disallowed goal in stoppage time.

Home goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal had earlier been punched by a fan when retrieving the ball from in front of the away support.

Lennon has since explained that feels he is targeted because he is an Irish Catholic, and described the abuse he receives as racism.

Strachan however, who managed Lennon at Celtic for two years, doesn’t believe the coin throwing had anything to do with religious bigotry.

“The incidents that Neil Lennon experienced in Scotland years ago, when he was at Celtic, it’s official that some of that stuff was sectarianism. People went to jail,” he said in the Daily Record.

“Neil’s one of my best friends but, the incident we saw recently, I don’t think it’s the same. Coin throwing didn’t just happen to him at Tynecastle, it happened to others as Livi and St Mirren. No one specifically is being targeted.

“You cannot put the coin throwing down to sectarianism, you put it down to morons.

“Neil is a lovely man, a right good laugh. But we change, sometimes into people we don’t like, at games. My tongue used to be my weapon because I was too small to kick anyone – I used to say things and go ‘oh dear’ and have to go and apologise after the game.

“At a football match, the worst comes out in people. Educated people go into grounds and turn into maniacs when the game starts, they go bonkers as soon as that whistle goes.

"People often tell me they want to experience a game in Scotland and I say ‘you’ll love the noise and the colour, but you’ll be hugely disappointed by what you see and hear’. It can be nasty.

“But it’s not new. I went to game in the 60s and somebody threw dart that got stuck in my mate’s head. And coins were probably bigger back then.

“While I was punched in the side of the head during a game in the 80s, there was just no coverage then, so nobody saw it – although Alex McLeish still sends me photos of it now, he thinks it’s hilarious. So yobbish behaviour isn’t new.”

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/neil-lennon-gordon-strachan-sectarianism-15383640

31 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Err, well said Gordon?

Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan has said that last week’s coin throwing incident during the Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle was not sectarian.

Hibs boss Neil Lennon was struck with a coin thrown from the Hearts support after gesturing to the home fans following a disallowed goal in stoppage time.

Home goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal had earlier been punched by a fan when retrieving the ball from in front of the away support.

Lennon has since explained that feels he is targeted because he is an Irish Catholic, and described the abuse he receives as racism.

Strachan however, who managed Lennon at Celtic for two years, doesn’t believe the coin throwing had anything to do with religious bigotry.

“The incidents that Neil Lennon experienced in Scotland years ago, when he was at Celtic, it’s official that some of that stuff was sectarianism. People went to jail,” he said in the Daily Record.

“Neil’s one of my best friends but, the incident we saw recently, I don’t think it’s the same. Coin throwing didn’t just happen to him at Tynecastle, it happened to others as Livi and St Mirren. No one specifically is being targeted.

“You cannot put the coin throwing down to sectarianism, you put it down to morons.

“Neil is a lovely man, a right good laugh. But we change, sometimes into people we don’t like, at games. My tongue used to be my weapon because I was too small to kick anyone – I used to say things and go ‘oh dear’ and have to go and apologise after the game.

“At a football match, the worst comes out in people. Educated people go into grounds and turn into maniacs when the game starts, they go bonkers as soon as that whistle goes.

"People often tell me they want to experience a game in Scotland and I say ‘you’ll love the noise and the colour, but you’ll be hugely disappointed by what you see and hear’. It can be nasty.

“But it’s not new. I went to game in the 60s and somebody threw dart that got stuck in my mate’s head. And coins were probably bigger back then.

“While I was punched in the side of the head during a game in the 80s, there was just no coverage then, so nobody saw it – although Alex McLeish still sends me photos of it now, he thinks it’s hilarious. So yobbish behaviour isn’t new.”

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/neil-lennon-gordon-strachan-sectarianism-15383640

Strachan absolutely nails it!

Never in a million years thought I’d say that! :rofl:

That'll be Lennon wanting to meet Strachan in person to tell him 'face to face' what he thinks about his opinion. 

Not that he's violent or confrontational or anything like that. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That'll be Lennon wanting to meet Strachan in person to tell him 'face to face' what he thinks about his opinion. 

Not that he's violent or confrontational or anything like that. 

Nah face to face isn't his style. He'll text.

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Nah face to face isn't his style. He'll text.

Could always send Homeless Garry & his mate from the Manchester Bizzies round?

SectionDJambo

Although I’ve found Strachan to be a wee smartarse in the past, to the point of disliking him for his behaviour during interviews after a match, I’ve also got to like him, recently, from watching him on Sky’s Debate programme. He usually talks sense, and gives a perspective from a manager’s experience, of behaviours of players and press. It can be a bit of an eye opener to listen to his experiences of dealing with players of reputation, and how difficult it can be to get them to listen to a simple instruction.

I’m not surprised that he has bucked the trend here, because he knows the snidey tricks that the press play to get news that the gullible will latch onto. He comes across as an honest guy, who can be very self critical as well. 

He is also an Edinburgh man who will know that we don’t have the same baggage as those in the west of Scotland, although there are, unfortunately, a few of the bigots through here as well.

Neil Lennon has had terrible experience of threats in the past, which were due to his religion and nationality, which must have affected him. But that doesn’t mean that every time he antagonises a crowd and gets a poor reaction, that it’s because he has a Roman Catholic faith. It’s far more likely that fans of many opposing teams don’t like him because of his aggressive, confrontational attitude.

18 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Although I’ve found Strachan to be a wee smartarse in the past, to the point of disliking him for his behaviour during interviews after a match, I’ve also got to like him, recently, from watching him on Sky’s Debate programme. He usually talks sense, and gives a perspective from a manager’s experience, of behaviours of players and press. It can be a bit of an eye opener to listen to his experiences of dealing with players of reputation, and how difficult it can be to get them to listen to a simple instruction.

I’m not surprised that he has bucked the trend here, because he knows the snidey tricks that the press play to get news that the gullible will latch onto. He comes across as an honest guy, who can be very self critical as well. 

He is also an Edinburgh man who will know that we don’t have the same baggage as those in the west of Scotland, although there are, unfortunately, a few of the bigots through here as well.

Neil Lennon has had terrible experience of threats in the past, which were due to his religion and nationality, which must have affected him. But that doesn’t mean that every time he antagonises a crowd and gets a poor reaction, that it’s because he has a Roman Catholic faith. It’s far more likely that fans of many opposing teams don’t like him because of his aggressive, confrontational attitude.

Good post.

Strachan IMO can be insightful and doesn't just trot out the usual industry jargon type stuff - if he would stop trying to be a comedian I might have taken him more seriously as a  manager. 

The bit at the end - this has been  debated endlessly on here over the years going back as far as the days when Lennon was still running round snarling on the pitch. I loathed him as a player and I loathe him as a manager and there are plenty on here who have said the same over the years. But for some strange reason , when it comes to Lennon & Celtic , if you're not part of the love-in then you must be a sectarian bigot.  Off the pitch Lennon may well be  a Mother Theresa-like figure but on here he gets judged on what he does in the world of football and what he does isn't pretty - it's nasty and it's vindictive and it's bitter. And it's always been that way. 

Plenty condemnation of Mourinho's behaviour last night from the English press...

Apparently its okay up here in Scotland though as Lennon gets it tight for 90 minutes so giving it back is okay.

Bang on, from Strachan, as are other comments on here pointing out that Lennon is often disliked not because of his nationality or faith, but because of the aggressive, angry, antagonistic, and provocative way he behaves during football matches.

Edited by Hearts_fan

All roads lead to Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Bang on, from Strachan, as are other comments on here pointing out that Lennon is often disliked not because of his nationality or faith, but because of the aggressive, angry, antagonistic, and provocative way he behaves during football matches.

I think you will find that is the view of the fans of 40 clubs in this country!

32 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think you will find that is the view of the fans of 40 clubs in this country!

I know this. 

Nicola Sturgeon saying Lennon acted with great dignity.     Aye my hairy arse.    **** off.

But... she was a bit limited in what she could say.     No surprise it was in response to a question from that utter twat,   James Kelly.      

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nicola Sturgeon saying Lennon acted with great dignity.     Aye my hairy arse.    **** off.

But... she was a bit limited in what she could say.     No surprise it was in response to a question from that utter twat,   James Kelly.      

did he give the 50p back ? 

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Stupid bint.

Which bit was dignified? he goading of the opposition fans in a highly-charged football stadium, or the pretending to be struck in the face when the coin hit his chest?

I presume James Kelly is celtic-minded.

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

She's just lost a voter. Boot.

It's all rather totalitarian.     I would rather not have what I should believe imposed on me.

**** off Sturgeon and all other like minded.     

Said as a Sturgeon and SNP supporter.

number witheld

I see Nicola sturgeon now has had her say on Neil Lennons conduct. Hope the coin chucker is happy that we are drawing such publicity nowadays, and that its going to just become the 'truth' that this was out and out bigotry... the good name of the club dragged through the mud. 

https://www.scotsman.com/regions/edinburgh-fife-lothians/nicola-sturgeon-condemns-attack-on-hibs-manager-neil-lennon-1-4826478

Edited by number witheld

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

When did she say that ?

She's been sucked in there. Nobody in their right mind would condone coin throwing but that wasn't the only incident of a similar nature that happened in Scottish Football over the last 6 weeks. 

Also, by failing to even mention the incident, is she signalling that it's OK to skelp Czech goalkeepers? 

I was just sent this via a colleague. Pathetic that this is still trundling along. Its an ongoing investigation and will eventually and rightfully come to a end with a rightful arrest. Does wee fishy face get involved in all of these or just selective or maybe she was asked by the pot stirring Scotsman on behalf of wee lovely Lenny.

Did she ask the reason behind the punch on the goalkeeper as it may well have been a xenophobic attack.

The silly woman has many challenges to address in a sinking ship and has no business on this what-so-ever. Idiot.

number witheld
Just now, Gorgieshed said:

Sturgeon is an ar$eh0le. Who cares what she thinks and says.

Fair enough - however she is our First Minister no matter what your politics are and therefore people listen to what she says...

number witheld
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Will sit back, and watch this thread turn into a disaster...

Oops, yes i see how this may turn out.....

KingRudi_2012

I wonder what Sturgeon's thoughts are on poor wee Lenny, 'the victim', threatening to stab his mistress in the throat with a knife.

number witheld

My point is with this thread - she is a figurehead for scotland, whether you like her or not, or like the SNP - therefore its a big deal when she says something about the conduct of our fans, whether we like it or not...

Don't see much wrong in what she has said. It's clearly in response to Neil Lennon saying that it's an issue of Scottish Society:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-on-inclusive-scotland-gary-caldwell-and-stephen-elliott-1-4823928

"... I’m talking about my own individual circumstances. I find it very distasteful still. You see all these political adverts about being ‘one Scotland, one democracy’. It’s certainly not when it comes to me... "