Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am going to throw this out there. If Neil Lennon did not come from where he came from he would still be a hate figure. He is just unpleasant.

We can agree on some things.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Maybe I should stop brushing my teeth.

And have skin that looks like sand paper.

18 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

All she had to say is that she can never condone anyone throwing a coin at a match, that she welcomes the unity shown by both clubs to sort this mess, and that she will be expecting action taken.

There. Being a politician is a feckin doddle.

By the way, she has **** all to say about sectarian behaviour in the West so i am at a loss to understand why she has suddenly taken an interest in us.

Having just thought about this she should have said something completely different .....

She should have said ...Are you, James Kelly MSP for real??? You are the one who campaigned for and succeeded in forcing the Parliament to revoke the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. The very act that was designed to deal with sectarian behaviour at football."

Fud.

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To be fair we now live in a world that gives you about 700 different boxes to tick when it is basically asking if you were born with a penis or a vagina.

It has become an episode of Take your Pick.

Often prone to exaggeration?

3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Often prone to exaggeration?

Ffs I have told you a billion times I do not exaggerate

:seething:

8 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

Having just thought about this she should have said something completely different .....

She should have said ...Are you, James Kelly MSP for real??? You are the one who campaigned for and succeeded in forcing the Parliament to revoke the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. The very act that was designed to deal with sectarian behaviour at football."

Fud.

...before flinging a coin at him...

(And that is why i could never be an MP :lol:)

I like Nicola Sturgeon a whole lot. I think she’s an excellent politician and a very decent human being.

I was irritated that the subject came up on the back of an incident involving Hearts but agreed with the response she chose to give. 

It’s just taking an uncomfortably long time for the focus to shift elsewhere on this one. ?

By pandering to snps huge "lennon support", sturgeon has put the blame on hearts fans instead if acting like a decent first minister and blamed all football fans that throw coins and attack opppostion players.

15 minutes ago, redm said:

I like Nicola Sturgeon a whole lot. I think she’s an excellent politician and a very decent human being.

I was irritated that the subject came up on the back of an incident involving Hearts but agreed with the response she chose to give. 

It’s just taking an uncomfortably long time for the focus to shift elsewhere on this one. ?

Do we want that attention to shift elsewhere? We have a 22+ page thread about sectarianism and flag-waving and the common consensus is that the fans want action taken.  The more focus on us the better, as that will make it easier to force change, no?

Edit: I agree with your first sentence, and i am no SNP supporter by any means.

Edited by Nookie Bear

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do we want that attention to shift elsewhere? We have a 22+ page thread about sectarianism and flag-waving and the common consensus is that the fans want action taken.  The more focus on us the better, as that will make it easier to force change, no?

Edit: I agree with your first sentence, and i am no SNP supporter by any means.

Yeah possibly true, the spotlight just definitely doesn't feel good. I think that if we take action it will have to be something internal anyway, something pushed through by the club and the supporters themselves. The external discussion feels weirdly distorted, like folk are talking about us but through the prism of the Old Firm. I have issues with that. Our problem isn't the same as theirs, it doesn't have the same history or embedded culture, it's not who we are or a fundamental part of the club's character. I'm just really uncomfortable with the whole thing, basically.  :oldsad: 

Instead of OBFA or strict liability the clubs should agree to 3 points deduction per game if their fans sing sectarian songs. That would motivate the clubs and decent fans to get it stopped. I’d expect 2 clubs to vote against it tho.

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Instead of OBFA or strict liability the clubs should agree to 3 points deduction per game if their fans sing sectarian songs. That would motivate the clubs and decent fans to get it stopped. I’d expect 2 clubs to vote against it tho.

And there's the problem right there. The voting structures are rigged to suit them. It's archaic.

A balanced, majority-based structure would see a lot of changes in our game. Don't hold your breath that it's happening any time soon.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

And there's the problem right there. The voting structures are rigged to suit them. It's archaic.

A balanced, majority-based structure would see a lot of changes in our game. Don't hold your breath that it's happening any time soon.

The sfa, spfl are just wee tinpot, bowling club mentality organisations, beholden to two clubs and without the gumption or ability to improve Scottish football and help Scottish society in the process.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

Surely there aren' t still clubs that do such things? Isn't it funny how you never hear it on the highlights of matches on TV. I wonder why that is?

Edited by wavydavy

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely there aren' t still clubs that do such things? Isn't it funny how you never hear it on the highlights of matches on TV. I wonder why that is?

Yeah and regarding Lennon, I’d have more respect for him if he’d come out and attacked the sectarianism on both sides and condemned the singing of ira songs etc as well.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, redm said:

So you agree with nippy that Lennon showed dignity in his response? Really???

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

We can agree on some things.

So you agree that the incident was more than likely nothing to do with Racism and was down to Lennon being unpleasant and a moron throwing a coin (the coin thrower acting on direct provocation) a very different opinion to the one our first minister provided in her response.. hence why many hearts fans find her response and mesage, highly unpalatable. She made a mistake and it feels that many support her due to political allegiances rather than the appropriateness of what was said and how it portrays hearts .

2 hours ago, redm said:

She’s a politician. Since when do we put politicians, of any order, on a pedestal? They ought to be taken to task on their slippery shenanigans. A bunch of careerist opportunists of the very worst order. My god, fawning over their type is cringeworthy. They use football for their own populist end, worse than any badgekisser. They’ll be all lining up to give us a shoeing, an easy target. 

I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference and thought he conducted himself with great dignity."

So...he 'conducted himself with great dignity' during the part of the press conference that she saw. No reference to Hearts

“Nobody should have to suffer the abuse and the attacks that he has had to suffer."

'Has had' - past tense - no reference to Hearts

“I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry."

No reference to Hearts.

“Whatever your footballing loyalties, or whether you don’t have any footballing loyalties, that kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

No reference to Hearts.

Why are posters getting their knickers knotted when she clearly made no references to Hearts?

5 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Nicky is a nice person, sure she  offered to take in a refugee not so long ago, wonder what panned out 

Someone told her it would be a South African farmer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What I find amusing about Lemon and hypocrisy. He didn't like the Natural Order jibe, but is happy to dish out the shit.

Nah, complete and utter welt

GorgieRules22

The bottom line is that he got hit with a coin for being a dick no other reason. Nothing to do with him being Catholic,ginger,ex Celtic,ugly etc just plain and simply he was being a dick.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What I find amusing about Lemon and hypocrisy. He didn't like the Natural Order jibe, but is happy to dish out the shit.

Nah, complete and utter welt

Bigot.

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Why are posters getting their knickers knotted when she clearly made no references to Hearts?

It's a spillover from the political threads in the Shed :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference and thought he conducted himself with great dignity."

So...he 'conducted himself with great dignity' during the part of the press conference that she saw.

Must have been a very convenient "part". None of the square go's or KKK references. You believe she only watched his "dignified" part?

Edited by westbow
typo

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I am going to throw this out there. If Neil Lennon did not come from where he came from he would still be a hate figure. He is just unpleasant.

Of course he would.  He wouldn’t get called a fenian ******* every other week though. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can anyone remember the media storm when our Catholic Irish centre half was attacked by an Aberdeen fan?

I must've missed it.

Because we didn't go whining to the press with made up accusations and deflections. 

It's the hibs/lennon way. 

21 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Jesus!  Your a bit special are you not?  Can't take a wee joke.

Sorry my wee pal.

I was just winding you up ?

Edited by mitch41

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

To be fair we now live in a world that gives you about 700 different boxes to tick when it is basically asking if you were born with a penis or a vagina.

It has become an episode of Take your Pick.

700?

”Political correctness gone mad” gone mad.

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

700?

”Political correctness gone mad” gone mad.

It has been a few hours since I posted that. Will probably be more now.

6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Everything about football in the west is political, though. She had to answer it as diplomatically as possible otherwise Mr Kelly would have ran with any scraps he could, to continue to foment his sense of victimhood. If the FM had dismissed his question out of hand, you can be certain he would have made a meal of it. 

The west might run Scottish football - it doesn’t run the ****ing country (not that Sturgeon does either but she’s the boss not some ****ing weegie plastic politician)

2 hours ago, Boof said:

So...he 'conducted himself with great dignity' during the part of the press conference that she saw. No reference to Hearts

“Nobody should have to suffer the abuse and the attacks that he has had to suffer."

'Has had' - past tense - no reference to Hearts

“I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry."

No reference to Hearts.

“Whatever your footballing loyalties, or whether you don’t have any footballing loyalties, that kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

No reference to Hearts.

1. It was clearly raised with reference to what happened to Lennon

2. What happened to Lennon wasn’t anti-catholic it was because he is a *****.

I agree though Dick is a decent Scottish surname  ( or short version of Richard)  

His entire handling of the very expanded excuse for his taunting Hearts fans  ( now lost in his semi fake news constructions)

resembles very ironically that of Trump and the press - though of course Lennon won't share Trump's politics. 

What gets buried under Lennon's interpretation of what is important - ie, himself as self-styled hard done by victim- hero of the green  versus Scottish bigotry as he sees things- is Hobboes who actually threw lit flares and could have seriously injured Hearts fans.  I don't remember hearing Lennon ever mentioning it. 

Yes there ARE bigots in both Hearts and Hibs sadly, but all Lennon did was attempt to stir it up even more.

What does REALLY annoy me is some people see a nice side to him, whatever that is, he's lost any respect I might ever have had for him 

( though that was some years ago too). To sum him up in   a few words?  a paranoid victim of his own fervent imagination based on childhood traumas in Lurgen. 

On 31/10/2018 at 21:38, NB GIN said:

What a horrible person he is pretending to be hit by a coin on the face.... watched it again something hit him middle of his jacket but playacting at his best

lowlife pond dweller 

did you notice his delayed reaction and then the slow going down to the ground ?  was he hanging onto the cows udders ? i`ll milk this for all it`s worth methinks

46 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

What does REALLY annoy me is some people see a nice side to him, whatever that is, he's lost any respect I might ever have had for him 

( though that was some years ago too). To sum him up in   a few words?  a paranoid victim of his own fervent imagination based on childhood traumas in Lurgen. 

We should always try to see the best in people, however hard that might be. 

For example, if you think that his state of mind (petulant and childish easily spring to mind) results from adverse childhood experiences (seems entirely likely, but I don't know enough of his back story), perhaps he deserves some sympathy?

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Spot on. Still shouldnt have happened though. But correct. I've been away so may have missed it. But apart from the obvious is there a reason Celtic are playing on Saturday this week after playing on Thursday ? And away as usual.

Fort Vallance
1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Spot on. Still shouldnt have happened though. But correct. I've been away so may have missed it. But apart from the obvious is there a reason Celtic are playing on Saturday this week after playing on Thursday ? And away as usual.

Ignore me. Talking bollocks as usual.

gorgie rd eh11
On 03/11/2018 at 14:41, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well... Garry Parker, part of his backroom staff sent abusive phone messages to his ex mistress, telling her to watch her back and calling her a slag, so I doubt they are anything but supportive.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229.amp

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Aye...raised by that Celtic-supporting Labour prick, whatever his name is. I presume she was duty bound to answer the question posed - I was simply pointing out that Sturgeon herself did not reference HMFC in her response.

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

100% agreement from me on that.

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

It's a spillover from the political threads in the Shed :thumbsup:

Yes...there may have been an element of rhetoricalness in my question :lol:

He's away at Aberdeen tonight.. Will he jump up turn around and shout  " baaaa"?  I dont think so

he reserves it for his imaginary enemies.

Felix Lighter

Still talking about it on Sportsound tonight.

"...dock points...", to paraphrase Tam Cowan,  "...if people are going to throw pu...(bites tongue) , er coins or anything, shouting stuff, then dock points...".

:cornette:

Felix Lighter
23 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Still talking about it on Sportsound tonight.

"...dock points...", to paraphrase Tam Cowan,  "...if people are going to throw pu...(bites tongue) , er coins or anything, shouting stuff, then dock points...".

:cornette:

oops Tam McManus.:vrface:

3 hours ago, Boof said:

Yes...there may have been an element of rhetoricalness in my question :lol:

It was my clarification for the thickos on the thread :ninja:

17 minutes ago, Dunks said:

It was my clarification for the thickos on the thread :ninja:

Different point of view and you are thick. No irony there then.