Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yes of course it did...

Yes, it did.

As the SNP would say, "It's our pound!"

Pleasing to see so much Sturgeon scepticism on this thread.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, 1rousset said:

She’s as clued up about this I see as she is about running out the country

Spot on but she shouldn't have said a thing about it she has nothing to do with it and hasn't mentioned the other incidents that night? She has just made this political.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on but she shouldn't have said a thing about it she has nothing to do with it and hasn't mentioned the other incidents that night? She has just made this political.

She was asked the question by the Celtic-minded MSP, Labours very own James Kelly so was honour bound to respond.

He was the one who politicised it, not her.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

My only comment on this bash the SNP thread. The government made a law to try and stop sectarianism at football but it was voted out by Labour and their unionist allies, led by a certain mr. Kelly. 

“this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.”

What action have they taken other than legislate a flawed law that would never work. Ten years plus in government and that’s the sum total of their action against sectarianism especially at football grounds. The most high profile bigotry and sectarianism happens at every match involving the bigot twins. It’s rearing it’s ugly head within our support albeit a small mindless minority of halfwits. Hopefully we as a club can and will take action to stamp it out. 

fabienleclerq

Can someone ask about the clear racism Hibs show towards Czechs living and working in Edinburgh? It needs to stop.

It should have been ten
21 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Lenny is of course famous for showing great dignity, restraint and rising above 'small minded' guys and gals ?

Right enough :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

My only comment on this bash the SNP thread. The government made a law to try and stop sectarianism at football but it was voted out by Labour and their unionist allies, led by a certain mr. Kelly. 

And a god awful piece of legislation it was too. 

number witheld
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Be getting discussed in the House of Lords next :smash:

aye would be good to see Foulkes come out and say something....

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I hope John Swinney who I believe, someone can correct me here, is a Jambo can state our fans are overwhelmingly anti bigotry to his boss. Neil Lennon's actions should also have been scrutinised in an impartial way by the First Minister! 

John Swinney is a Jambo from a strong Jambo family although I don’t think he was ever a regular at Tynie unlike his brother who I used to go to games with regularly in the early 80s.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It was a response to a question in Parliament, apparently.

She said: “I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference and thought he conducted himself with great dignity.

“Nobody should have to suffer the abuse and the attacks that he has had to suffer.

“I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

“Whatever your footballing loyalties, or whether you don’t have any footballing loyalties, that kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

An other idiot who has fallen for Lennon and his team (I include the media in this) deflection tactics.

"Adept"? You are giving her too much credit.

It's pretty clear she has seen this as a sectarian incident or, been advised to this conclusion. She has seen Neil Lennon + Hearts = Sectarian Incident.

You’re implying a link between the last two sentences and the first two. Politicians are  always ( most of the time ) very careful in what they say. 

It really is sad that some Hearts fans want to use this forum to bash the SNP. Sectarianism was far worse in this country when it was run by Labour and strangely it was Labour  who most opposed OBAF which clearly worked, at least at Tynecastle and the other non OF clubs. Since that nomark Kelly succeeded in having the act abolished, all forms of bigoted abuse has returned, especially on public transport and in pubs at away matches. The "family" atmosphere at Murrayfiled was ruined by these idiots. Moreover, it would seem that those most opposed to SNP on here belong to our knuckle-dragging butcher's apron carrying minority who I would dearly love to see expulsed from our club permanently. Come on Mrs Budge just ban the union flag and ban the singing of certain songs and the vast majority of Hearts supporters will thanks you.

2 minutes ago, rossmaroon said:

It really is sad that some Hearts fans want to use this forum to bash the SNP. Sectarianism was far worse in this country when it was run by Labour and strangely it was Labour  who most opposed OBAF which clearly worked, at least at Tynecastle and the other non OF clubs. Since that nomark Kelly succeeded in having the act abolished, all forms of bigoted abuse has returned, especially on public transport and in pubs at away matches. The "family" atmosphere at Murrayfiled was ruined by these idiots. Moreover, it would seem that those most opposed to SNP on here belong to our knuckle-dragging butcher's apron carrying minority who I would dearly love to see expulsed from our club permanently. Come on Mrs Budge just ban the union flag and ban the singing of certain songs and the vast majority of Hearts supporters will thanks you.

Bad result in 2014?

6 minutes ago, rossmaroon said:

butchers apron? Good lord.

20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

She was asked the question by the Celtic-minded MSP, Labours very own James Kelly so was honour bound to respond.

Perhaps her response should have been something like,

"Well, it's clear to me that having the game run in some provincial backwater isn't in the country's best interests. It's time to have the organisation totally reconstituted into one entity and run from the nation's capital. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, you Sellik-minded, Labour-supporting horse's erse".

8 minutes ago, rossmaroon said:

Someone describing the national flag as a "butcher's apron" wanting to "clean" up our club and to decide who is able to attend.. You couldn"t make it up. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Someone describing the national flag as a "butcher's apron" wanting to "clean" up our club and to decide who is able to attend.. You couldn"t make it up. 

Bigotry everywhere you look nowadays I’m afraid. 

fabienleclerq
13 minutes ago, rossmaroon said:

Fight bigotry with bigotry....

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, Boof said:

Perhaps her response should have been something like,

"Well, it's clear to me that having the game run in some provincial backwater isn't in the country's best interests. It's time to have the organisation totally reconstituted into one entity and run from the nation's capital. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, you Sellik-minded, Labour-supporting horse's erse".

:lol:

:thumbsup:

“Family atmosphere at Murrayfield”????

Family atmosphere v Celtic, in a semifinal, with 30000 Celtic fans? In which universe would that ever, ever happen? Are you getting mixed up with rugby?

Dragging it back towards to topic! I wonder if Mourinho will be cited for cupping his ears? Hopefully he will which will in turn shut down Lennon. Well maybe not?

Sturgeons comments on Lennon beggar belief. For a first minister of Scotland to condemn Hearts fans is disgraceful. Parroting Lennons agents spiel about irish racism and anti-catholic is disrespectful to Hearts fans .

King Of The Cat Cafe

I see nothing wrong with the comment:

"I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

“Whatever your footballing loyalties, or whether you don’t have any footballing loyalties, that kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

The thing is, the only person saying it was inflicted on Neil Lennon at the derby is...Neil Lennon.

3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I see nothing wrong with the comment:

"I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

The thing is, the only person saying it was inflicted on Neil Lennon at the derby is...Neil Lennon.

The comment links the incident at tynecastle directly to racism and paints poor wee Lennon as if he didn’t do anything wrong...

Other than the truth it’s fine !

How has it taken the wind out of his sails?

That celtic MSP has more fuel for his own fires, and we are painted as sectarians by the First Minister.

Because he couldn’t (and didn’t ) follow it up with another question about sectarian issues in Scotland. It pretty much halted his effort to attack his opposition. 

Id say it was us who painted ourselves as sectarian last Wednesday with the ulster flags and various songs. No help needed from FM unfortunately. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

The comment links the incident at tynecastle directly to racism and paints poor wee Lennon as if he didn’t do anything wrong...

Other than the truth it’s fine !

Okay, I did not see the rest of her comments to pick up that context.

All she had to say is that she can never condone anyone throwing a coin at a match, that she welcomes the unity shown by both clubs to sort this mess, and that she will be expecting action taken.

There. Being a politician is a feckin doddle.

By the way, she has **** all to say about sectarian behaviour in the West so i am at a loss to understand why she has suddenly taken an interest in us.

People might be interested to read the question Sturgeon was asked in Parliament as well as the answer (or maybe not interested if it doesn't fit their political perspective. A Labour politician raised the issue in parliament during First Minister's Questions and put it in the context of sectarianism. It was answered in the context of sectarianism, but worth noting Kelly and Sturgeon were both careful to avoid saying that those specific incident was sectarian. If anyone has politicised this an linked it to sectarianism it is Kelly, a Labour MSP.

From the Scottish Parliament website , transcript of the session:

Minus.pngAttacks on Neil Lennon (Bigotry and Racism)
  • James Kelly (Glasgow) (Lab): 

The First Minister will be aware of last week’s attack on Neil Lennon and the subsequent comments from Mr Lennon that the numerous attacks that he has endured in Scotland resulted from bigotry and racism. Such treatment is wholly unacceptable in a modern and progressive country. Will the First Minister join me in condemning anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism and commit the Scottish Government to urgent action to root out those unacceptable attitudes and behaviour?

• The First Minister (Nicola Sturgeon): 

I thank James Kelly for raising an issue that is of huge concern to people across country. I condemn unequivocally the attack on Neil Lennon that took place last week. It is a matter for the police to thoroughly investigate. I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference at the end of last week and I thought that he conducted himself with great dignity. I am sure that we all agree that nobody should have to suffer the abuse and attacks that he has had to suffer.

I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism. I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form. This Government will continue to take the action that is needed to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of that kind of bigotry. Whatever our football loyalties may be, or if we have none, such conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

8 minutes ago, freddiemac said:

Sturgeons comments on Lennon beggar belief. For a first minister of Scotland to condemn Hearts fans is disgraceful. Parroting Lennons agents spiel about irish racism and anti-catholic is disrespectful to Hearts fans .

It is pretty staggering to be honest, political opportunism at it's worst. Interesting that when Mhairi Black referred to those "Plastic Irishmen", no idea how that could be a racial slur, she chose to keep schtum. I don't agree with Sturgeon's political views but I generally find her to be a decent individual and a genuinely talented politician. Got it badly wrong here though. 

Just now, Jodami said:

It is pretty staggering to be honest, political opportunism at it's worst. Interesting that when Mhairi Black referred to those "Plastic Irishmen", no idea how that could be a racial slur, she chose to keep schtum. I don't agree with Sturgeon's political views but I generally find her to be a decent individual and a genuinely talented politician. Got it badly wrong here though. 

Hearts have done so much good and to take one coin throwing incident ... is not representative... she should stick to wrecking education - maybe that’s part of the problem !

59 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

She could have just said that due to a police investigation it would be unwise to speculate on the motives of the individuals involved. She took the easy way out and jumped on the anti Irish Catholic poor we Lenny bandwagon which has been pushed by the media since it happened.

...a bit disco
Just now, stevie1874 said:

She could have just said that due to a police investigation it would be unwise to speculate on the motives of the individuals involved. She took the easy way out and jumped on the anti Irish Catholic poor we Lenny bandwagon which has been pushed by the media since it happened.

Problem is, the agenda was set last week so anyone disagreeing with anything Lennon said can be made out to be 'part of the problem' themselves.

She was in a classic no-win situation when asked that question.

EastSideJambo

Did Kelly or Wee Nippy have anything to say about our goalie getting a whack on the puss from some low life article within the travelling shower 

The least said about Sturgeon the better. Is the refusal by Celtic not to wear the poppy on their shirt or the fans non adherence of the 2 minutes silence not an example of sectarian behaviour? I notice nothing is made of it and conveniently ignored by our politicians.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

She was directly asked to condemn anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism. Anyone that thinks a politician's response to that isn't going to include agreeing to condemn both those things is an idiot.

EastSideJambo
7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

The least said about Sturgeon the better. Is the refusal by Celtic not to wear the poppy on their shirt or the fans non adherence of the 2 minutes silence not an example of sectarian behaviour? I notice nothing is made of it and conveniently ignored by our politicians.

Frequently turn their back to pitch during silence. Don't get me started on that 

She's another subject matter not to engage in either 

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Problem is, the agenda was set last week so anyone disagreeing with anything Lennon said can be made out to be 'part of the problem' themselves.

She was in a classic no-win situation when asked that question.

Fair enough, but she could have just condemned any bigotry within society.

4 minutes ago, Craigleith Clog said:

Wee Nippy. Wee Jimmy Krankie. How original. What a bunch of pathetic serfs we have in our support

Why? Entitled to their opinion 

Lennon holding court in press conferences just now is quite something. 'I don't know what the answer is?' he states. Someone is going to get hurt soon and it won't be him. it will be some innocent bystander, I'm not sure what it will take to happen for anyone to look properly at his behaviour but it would have to be something that knocks the whole predictable show sideways

Edited by Riccarton3

14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

She was directly asked to condemn anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism. Anyone that thinks a politician's response to that isn't going to include agreeing to condemn both those things is an idiot.

See my other reply, she could have said she condemns all bigotry within our society. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think she did. 

She did a lot more than just that ! Painted a picture of a dignified Lennon and a racist hearts support ... 

her words do not reflect the truth of the matter and should be condemned by all true hearts fans 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think she did. 

I know she did , just didn’t think she had to single out anti Irish or anti Catholic. 

Frank Sidebottom

I wonder if NS thinks Lennon conducted himself “with great dignity” on the touch line moments before the coin incident. 

It has now become accepted fact Lennon was attacked because of anti-catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism.