Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

FenderJaguar7

I wish someone would condemn Neil Lennon's "alleged" treatment of women. That doesn't sell as many papers though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

5 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

She did a lot more than just that ! Painted a picture of a dignified Lennon and a racist hearts support ... 

her words do not reflect the truth of the matter and should be condemned by all true hearts fans 

I don’t agree that Lennon was particularly dignified but the rest seem reasinable to me. Hearts weren’t mentioned in the comments on sectarianism. 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

My Question is, with all the media interest in the "coining of Lennon", why hasn't one single reporter or news agency looked at the footage and called the yellow toothed lunatic out for pretending he was hit in the face by a coin, when it clearly bounces off his grubby training coat before it hits the floor', followed by him looking down at it, then jumping on top of it ?

This is my question too. I thought the media loved a controversy? His behaviour was both incendiary and risible.

Yet nothing said. I feel like I'm living in some parallel universe

Punks No Deid

Forgive me if I’m naive - obviously a Celtic minded msp does what one of their fans would do and tries to get his/her agenda on the record and discussed on a parliamentary level. Just a suggestion from someone who doesn’t know parliamentary procedure. Why do we not lobby an msp to ask the question - why are the fans of the two cheeks are allowed every week to chant clearly sectarian songs - without question. Yes I know our fans have started to do the bb keech recently but not heard the supporting terrorist organisation chants from our support..yet 

Neil Lennon had a coin thrown at him for baiting the home fans those are the only facts.

The rest is Neil Lennon stoking the fires of an already intense rivalry. How’s about someone asks Lennon to watch the footage of the incident (the whole thing) and asks him if that was a responsible action within the context of a highly charge atmosphere?

The Football authority’s cannot touch him now as they will be accused of siding with the bigots and racists.

In our last two home games we’ve had a player punched and another hit by a TV mic were either of those racially motivated, no, but you can sure if either happened to Lennon that would be the accusation.

We all know what Lennon has endured in his time in Scotland and many of those incidents have been because he’s an Irish Catholic but to tar the Hearts support as racist bigots with a completely unfounded accusation is unacceptable. 

Whoever threw the coin is an arsehole like the Zamal puncher and the mic chucker but until there’s proof it was an act of racism he’s way out of line as is this Kelly MSP character and I’d like to hear from Ian Murray MP on what one of his party members is accusing our support of

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Neil Lennon had a coin thrown at him for baiting the home fans those are the only facts.

The rest is Neil Lennon stoking the fires of an already intense rivalry. How’s about someone asks Lennon to watch the footage of the incident (the whole thing) and asks him if that was a responsible action within the context of a highly charge atmosphere?

The Football authority’s cannot touch him now as they will be accused of siding with the bigots and racists.

In our last two home games we’ve had a player punched and another hit by a TV mic were either of those racially motivated, no, but you can sure if either happened to Lennon that would be the accusation.

We all know what Lennon has endured in his time in Scotland and many of those incidents have been because he’s an Irish Catholic but to tar the Hearts support as racist bigots with a completely unfounded accusation is unacceptable. 

Whoever threw the coin is an arsehole like the Zamal puncher and the mic chucker but until there’s proof it was an act of racism he’s way out of line as is this Kelly MSP character and I’d like to hear from Ian Murray MP on what one of his party members is accusing our support of

Maybe Ian Murray will respond - the issue is the message from the first minister.

what amazes me is the political patriotism - ahead of club ! I find that disturbing ... 

SpruceBringsteen
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t agree that Lennon was particularly dignified but the rest seem reasinable to me. Hearts weren’t mentioned in the comments on sectarianism. 

Yep. Think some of the lads foaming at the mouth on here need to take it easy with Cadbury's Caramel tbh.

1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

Hearts have done so much good and to take one coin throwing incident ... is not representative... she should stick to wrecking education - maybe that’s part of the problem !

Deary me 

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

People might be interested to read the question Sturgeon was asked in Parliament as well as the answer (or maybe not interested if it doesn't fit their political perspective. A Labour politician raised the issue in parliament during First Minister's Questions and put it in the context of sectarianism. It was answered in the context of sectarianism, but worth noting Kelly and Sturgeon were both careful to avoid saying that those specific incident was sectarian. If anyone has politicised this an linked it to sectarianism it is Kelly, a Labour MSP.

From the Scottish Parliament website , transcript of the session:

Minus.pngAttacks on Neil Lennon (Bigotry and Racism)
  • James Kelly (Glasgow) (Lab): 

The First Minister will be aware of last week’s attack on Neil Lennon and the subsequent comments from Mr Lennon that the numerous attacks that he has endured in Scotland resulted from bigotry and racism. Such treatment is wholly unacceptable in a modern and progressive country. Will the First Minister join me in condemning anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism and commit the Scottish Government to urgent action to root out those unacceptable attitudes and behaviour?

• The First Minister (Nicola Sturgeon): 

I thank James Kelly for raising an issue that is of huge concern to people across country. I condemn unequivocally the attack on Neil Lennon that took place last week. It is a matter for the police to thoroughly investigate. I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference at the end of last week and I thought that he conducted himself with great dignity. I am sure that we all agree that nobody should have to suffer the abuse and attacks that he has had to suffer.

I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism. I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form. This Government will continue to take the action that is needed to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of that kind of bigotry. Whatever our football loyalties may be, or if we have none, such conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

Kinda puts a completely different light on things... for those with an IQ above 62 anyway.

Nucky Thompson

I see Lennon is now comparing his antics last week to Jose cupping his ear for 2 seconds heading towards the tunnel last night.

The only reason this is being treated as bigotry is because Lennon knows he would have been up on another misconduct charge and a further ban. Lennon will continue to milk this until any potential threat of a charge against him is gone. i think he is already safe because I dont think the SFA could deal with the media frenzy coming from hibs if he does get charged.

The fact that this has reached Parliament is ridiculous when both OF fans belt this nonsense out from the first whistle to the last. Are Celtic fans being shamed for singing about Levein being a sad orange b****rd at parkhead.

I reckon we have fans who hold bigoted views but I reckon for both sides of the coin (no pun intended).

The sash is belted out at Ibrox within the first 5 minutes of every game and thats just the start yet its never mentioned.

I doubt even Lennon thinks it would have gone this far tbh.

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see Lennon is now comparing his antics last week to Jose cupping his ear for 2 seconds heading towards the tunnel last night.

What a flaming tool he is.

7 minutes ago, jackal said:

The only reason this is being treated as bigotry is because Lennon knows he would have been up on another misconduct charge and a further ban. Lennon will continue to milk this until any potential threat of a charge against him is gone. i think he is already safe because I dont think the SFA could deal with the media frenzy coming from hibs if he does get charged.

The fact that this has reached Parliament is ridiculous when both OF fans belt this nonsense out from the first whistle to the last. Are Celtic fans being shamed for singing about Levein being a sad orange b****rd at parkhead.

I reckon we have fans who hold bigoted views but I reckon for both sides of the coin (no pun intended).

The sash is belted out at Ibrox within the first 5 minutes of every game and thats just the start yet its never mentioned.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

All she had to say is that she can never condone anyone throwing a coin at a match, that she welcomes the unity shown by both clubs to sort this mess, and that she will be expecting action taken.

There. Being a politician is a feckin doddle.

By the way, she has **** all to say about sectarian behaviour in the West so i am at a loss to understand why she has suddenly taken an interest in us.

Set up by that James Kelly boy.  Calculated bet that asked about Lennon incident sectarianism would be the association.  Same old shite!

Punks No Deid
14 minutes ago, jackal said:

Spot on fella - I was going to say brother rather than fella but in this current climate of absolute bollocks if I did I’d probably be accused of being a member of some kind of perceived to be biased organisation. Ridiculous doesn’t even come close! PS for the record I’m not a member of any order/lodge etc I just happen to be a supporter of the famous Heart of Midlothian

Edited by Punks No Deid

You are 100% correct regards lennon playing the racist/bigot card . Dissapointing so many in the media are either scared to upset lennon or are gullible as ****.  Sturgeons comments about Hearts fans is disgraceful ,especially coming from a first minister. Quite frankly Sturgeon should now be asked to explain her comments about Hearts .f.c.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

John Swinney is a Jambo from a strong Jambo family although I don’t think he was ever a regular at Tynie unlike his brother who I used to go to games with regularly in the early 80s.

Thank's. I was sure he was from a Jambo family as a relative of mine went to school with him but she didn’t say if he was a football fan at an early age. 

How about Sturgeon and James Kelly sit in the stand at the next old firm game and give us their opinions on bigotry or would that just not fit the agenda!

Punks No Deid
Just now, Rudy T said:

How about Sturgeon and James Kelly sit in the stand at the next old firm game and give us their opinions on bigotry or would that just not fit the agenda!

That’s a good idea R T - chances of JK agreeing to that ??? ?

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, freddiemac said:

You are 100% correct regards lennon playing the racist/bigot card . Dissapointing so many in the media are either scared to upset lennon or are gullible as ****.  Sturgeons comments about Hearts fans is disgraceful ,especially coming from a first minister. Quite frankly Sturgeon should now be asked to explain her comments about Hearts .f.c.

I don't see any comments about Hearts fans in the quotes on this page - is there another quote further back I have missed?

It's clever; the question is clever, as in most folks minds, it's Hearts who are associated with both the question and the answer, although of course no mention is made of Heart of Midlothian. 

58 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Kinda puts a completely different light on things... for those with an IQ above 62 anyway.

Yes, yes, everyone else is thick. It’s the “dignity” bit everyone is laughing at. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

It's clever; the question is clever, as in most folks minds, it's Hearts who are associated with both the question and the answer, although of course no mention is made of Heart of Midlothian. 

Yes - nicely phrased question  to make an effective answer difficult

queensferryjambo

I am sick of the media and politicians point scoring on this and pretending they give a shit about sectarianism. If they did care about sectarianism they would highlight it every week instead of jumping on the high profile en vogue Neil Lennon victim bandwagon.

In Scotland now apparently the scientific measure for sectarianism is a football manager reading the mind of a coin thrower after pretending to be hit in the face by a coin.

Any other method for seeking out sectarianism like turning on your TV or Radio every week and using your eyes and ears wouldn't work would it?

33 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Did she condemn the same person when he was threatening his mistress? Or is that OK? 

Was there a question at Holyrood about that?

18 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

That’s a good idea R T - chances of JK agreeing to that ??? ?

I suspect he’d agree to the first part and happily sit in the stand!

Punks No Deid
8 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am sick of the media and politicians point scoring on this and pretending they give a shit about sectarianism. If they did care about sectarianism they would highlight it every week instead of jumping on the high profile en vogue Neil Lennon victim bandwagon.

In Scotland now apparently the scientific measure for sectarianism is a football manager reading the mind of a coin thrower after pretending to be hit in the face by a coin.

Any other method for seeking out sectarianism like turning on your TV or Radio every week and using your eyes and ears wouldn't work would it?

QJ has it nailed - couldn’t put it better myself

Edited by Punks No Deid

12 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

:spoton:

WorldChampions1902
13 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Well said!  ?

18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Great post.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Yup.

The best course of action here is for HMFC to get our shit together first and foremost. 

Then just sit back, say nowt and let the yellow toothed halfwit be himself, because you know as sure as night follows day that he'll blow up again soon, when it's not going his way, and he'll fecking choke on the pious St Neil of the persecuted media stoked bollocks that he's cultivated.

In reality he's way too stupid to realise the size of the rod he's made for his own back. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, freddiemac said:

What were her comments about Hearts fans and HMFC?  Did I miss that or did you just make it up?

haveyouheard 22
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yup.

The best course of action here is for HMFC to get our shit together first and foremost. 

Then just sit back, say nowt and let the yellow toothed halfwit be himself, because you know as sure as night follows day that he'll blow up again soon, when it's not going his way, and he'll fecking choke on the pious St Neil of the persecuted media stoked bollocks that he's cultivated.

In reality he's way too stupid to realise the size of the rod he's made for his own back. 

Bang on ^^^

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yup.

I agree Lennon will lose it again, the run of fixtures in December will be the tipping point 3 games against us and Rangers....got another ‘I’m leaving’ Lennon moment written all over it!

In terms of racism the abuse that Rudi Scacel encountered went way beyond the pale. It was perpetrated by a Hibernian employee and ex employee out with the highly charged atmosphere of an actual match environment. In one particular game at Easter Road he was bombarded with coins and other missiles for no other reason than being a class act. When he indulged in the banter and the  51 numbered jersey with Dundee United his histrionics apparently merited the treatment he deserved. Strange how one coin thrown by an idiot involving a controversial figure has triggered a hugely disproportionate response including a reaction from an MSP who was instrumental in repealing the offensive behavior act?

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jackal said:

I’m sure we can rely on MSP Kelly to raise the equally unacceptable anti Protestant bigotry issues at First Minister’s questions.  Can’t we?

I find it quite quite ironic that one of the main opponents of the Scottish Goverment’s new / failed sectarian laws, presumably to protect his own scummy, sectarian fan base, was the guy voicing his concerns about sectarianism at question time.  

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Well, he was comparing himself to Rosa Parks, Malcolm X and Medgar Evers last week so at least his comparisons are getting less ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m sure we can rely on MSP Kelly to raise the equally unacceptable anti Protestant bigotry issues at First Minister’s questions.  Can’t we?

I find it quite quite ironic that one of the main opponents of the Scottish Goverment’s new / failed sectarian laws, presumably to protect his own scummy, sectarian fan base, was the guy voicing his concerns about sectarianism at question time.  

Exactly -- out and out hypocrisy

Punks No Deid
28 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

In terms of racism the abuse that Rudi Scacel encountered went way beyond the pale. It was perpetrated by a Hibernian employee and ex employee out with the highly charged atmosphere of an actual match environment. In one particular game at Easter Road he was bombarded with coins and other missiles for no other reason than being a class act. When he indulged in the banter and the  51 numbered jersey with Dundee United his histrionics apparently merited the treatment he deserved. Strange how one coin thrown by an idiot involving a controversial figure has triggered a hugely disproportionate response including a reaction from an MSP who was instrumental in repealing the offensive behavior act?

Sir Rudolph was hit with a significantly more than just one coin - albeit they were mostly coppers n mibbe five pence pieces but it still was a shower of objects - cue shock horror racism n feck knows what elseism. He was abused in public by two current/ex small team players. C’mon eh? Just C’mon

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes indeed. 

Being very vocal on this issue fits the narrative of the persecuted beautifully.

Indeed if one displayed the paranoia of his club, one ciuld argue that this also allows the headlines about the very troubling and disgraceful story of officers of his beloved club, their actions, inaction and their impact on people's lives to drop down the news agenda. 

Not seen today’s FMQs.

What did Sturgeon make of our goalie getting punched? She has an opinion about most things. I’d be shocked to discover she missed that; married to a Hibs fan she must have got a ‘blow by blow’ account of everything that happened.

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Not seen today’s FMQs.

What did Sturgeon make of our goalie getting punched? She has an opinion about most things. I’d be shocked to discover she missed that; married to a Hibs fan she must have got a ‘blow by blow’ account of everything that happened.

No one asked her about it. If someone had asked her (or any other politician) whether they would condem supporters attacking players at football matches you can bet she would have been happy to do so. Condeming bad stuff is free and easy. It's an open goal for politicians. Really not sure what anyone is getting upset about from FMQs.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

No one asked her about it. If someone had asked her (or any other politician) whether they would condem supporters attacking players at football matches you can bet she would have been happy to do so. Condeming bad stuff is free and easy. It's an open goal for politicians. Really not sure what anyone is getting upset about from FMQs.

Fair comment. Mind you she’s not normally one for answering questions, so it’s good to know she answered one today.

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Nice one.

11 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Not seen today’s FMQs.

I listened to FMQs and it was the usual tripe about all the manufactured "victims" that keep them going, then a problem about Platform 4 in Ayr station being closed and of course a whinge about Brexit. All very " progressive" of course and the Lennon "attack" just feeds into that agenda.  How a publicly paid MSP is allowed to claim it was "religiously motivated" without any evidence at all just sums up the silly wee talking shop that is Holyrood.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Was there a question at Holyrood about that?

Strangely no. Does she need to be asked to voice her opinion on said topics? As first minister should she not lead from the front and not wait to be led? 

Fly the Saltire
9 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Fair comment. Mind you she’s not normally one for answering questions, so it’s good to know she answered one today.

Sturgeon never mentioned Hearts at FMQs but failed to point out  Kelly's brass neck over OFB at football games.