Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

Fair enough - however she is our First Minister no matter what your politics are and therefore people listen to what she says...

And take it with a pinch of salt. 

Majority don't believe a word she says. However politics aside.

No need for her comments on a subject she has nothing to do with.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

It was a response to a question in Parliament, apparently.

She said: “I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference and thought he conducted himself with great dignity.

“Nobody should have to suffer the abuse and the attacks that he has had to suffer.

“I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

“Whatever your footballing loyalties, or whether you don’t have any footballing loyalties, that kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

number witheld
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Will sit back, and watch this thread turn into a disaster...

yeh i'm new and naive round these parts. oops.

haveyouheard 22

Neil Lennon and dignity, new one to me.I dont think the coin throwing incident was sectarian either  just an absolute idiot who  reacted to Lennon's goading

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I wonder what Sturgeon's thoughts are on poor wee Lenny, 'the victim', threatening to stab his mistress in the throat with a knife.

As long as “he conducted himself with great dignity” whilst doing so that’ll probably be ok :conf11:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hope John Swinney who I believe, someone can correct me here, is a Jambo can state our fans are overwhelmingly anti bigotry to his boss. Neil Lennon's actions should also have been scrutinised in an impartial way by the First Minister! 

number witheld
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Perhaps she can comment on the racism behind our Goalkeeper being punched by supporters with a history of abusing Czech players.

Yes this has been totally lost in the furore surrounding lennon.

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Will sit back, and watch this thread turn into a disaster...

Yup Classic or Closed quickly , whats the odds of both ? 

Shooter McGavin

Also, the catalyst in this incident is not anti-irish, anti-catholic bigotry etc. The catalyst in this was Lennon turning round to the main stand and lording it up and then some idiot rising to it and throwing the coin. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Loaded question to take. 

However my analysis Nicola needs republican support. 

Numbers related response 

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

She said: “I saw some of Neil Lennon’s press conference and thought he conducted himself with great dignity.

“Nobody should have to suffer the abuse and the attacks that he has had to suffer.

“I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

“Whatever your footballing loyalties, or whether you don’t have any footballing loyalties, that kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland and all of us must unite to make that absolutely crystal clear.

If she had added "....but last wednesday had **** all to do with the above....", I would have agreed with her.

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's all rather totalitarian.     I would rather not have what I should believe imposed on me.

**** off Sturgeon and all other like minded.     

Said as a Sturgeon and SNP supporter.

Unfortunately the agenda of pushing this anti-Catholic sentiment as a Scotland wide, seeping into every decision and every aspect of Scottish society, all pervasive disease has rather hamstrung the SNP's choice of responses to a variety of issues.

Exporting, or exploiting, of the west coast divide for political gain, basically.

Any sensible person, irrespective of religious viewpoint, knows fine well the coin chucked at Lennon was an instantaneous response to him choosing to goad the fans in what was a highly-charged atmosphere even for a derby match. .

Every week, other coin throwing incidents happen at matches, including a linesman recently having his head cut open and another manager being struck. Just like the punch on Bobby, none of these incidents have attracted anywhere near the ott coverage of the coin that hit Lennon. But, those who want to point the spotlioght as far away from their own doorstep (ie the old firm) or those who have long used the religious divide to, well, divide and conquer politically, will keep seizing the opportunities this particular incident has provided them. 

Kudos to Strachan who, despite being a Hibby and an ex Celtic manager and a friend of Lennon, remains impartial enough to see right through the charade. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Great dignity = goading the fans then hitting the deck as if he'd been shot after a coin bounced off his jacket?

:cornette:

Pathetic. Playing to her usual section of society as ever.

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

An adept political answer that seems to say one thing but actually doesn't. The last two sentences don't directly refer to the first two. 

...a bit disco

So that'll be the same Celtic-minded James Kelly MSP who campaigned for the repeal of the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act asking a question about Lennongate then?

Some ***** don't do irony.

My Question is, with all the media interest in the "coining of Lennon"  , why hasn't one single reporter or news agency looked at the footage and called the yellow toothed lunatic out for pretending he was hit in the face by a coin, when it clearly bounces off his grubby training coat before it hits the floor', followed by him looking down at it, then jumping ontop of it ?

Is he really that skint that he had to make sure he gets the £1 before the homeless bloke who sits in the dugout with him ?

Strange Times !

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

Where’s the zero tolerance demonstrated and enforced at Parkhead and Ibrox then Nicola!?

36 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

She's just lost a voter. Boot.

She has lost a lot of voters over the last couple of years.

40 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

She's just lost a voter. Boot.

And you'll stop being a Hearts supporter because of what Ann Budge & Craig

Levein said...........goodbye & good riddance ya numpty.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

An adept political answer that seems to say one thing but actually doesn't. The last two sentences don't directly refer to the first two. 

"Adept"? You are giving her too much credit.

It's pretty clear she has seen this as a sectarian incident or, been advised to this conclusion. She has seen Neil Lennon + Hearts = Sectarian Incident.

6 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

She has lost a lot of voters over the last couple of years.

Aye right. we all know who was to blame for all this crap, Lennon, the 

coin thrower and the Hobo who struck Bobby.

8 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

My Question is, with all the media interest in the "coining of Lennon"  , why hasn't one single reporter or news agency looked at the footage and called the yellow toothed lunatic out for pretending he was hit in the face by a coin, when it clearly bounces off his grubby training coat before it hits the floor', followed by him looking down at it, then jumping ontop of it ?

Is he really that skint that he had to make sure he gets the £1 before the homeless bloke who sits in the dugout with him ?

Strange Times !

Including the TV footage that, miraculously, appears to stop just before the coin landed, despite giving a perfect 'head-on' view of it...

This shite still dragging on, what a total embarrassment.

****ing Sturgeon getting involved now too over a nonsense!

Oh poor Neil... he does nothing wrong in life to deserve this... aye right, piece of shit he is. Oh, and that's nothing to do with where he is from or what religion he follows.

34 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

She has absolutely Feck all to do with this

She is asked directly by an MSP in First Ministers questions ... whats she supposed to do? Ignore him?

And given the amount of sectarian behaviour shown Id say she has a lot to do with it.

All of what she says is correct excepting the acting with dignity comment. However she is referring to post match interviews in the following days so maybe he did? I didnt see them.

Even if he didnt act with dignity in the interviews its a very political thing to say.

Im not sure what folk are getting worked up over because the FM answers a question.

number witheld

The annoying things is if lennon was just abused verbally and did not have a coin chucked at him, we'd be talking about the behaviour of the hibs fans in relation to our goalkeeper, instead the narrative is that hearts fans are bigots.

Edited by number witheld

Just now, number witheld said:

The annoying things is is lennon was just abused verbally and did not have a coin chucked at him, we'd be talkiing about the behaviour of the hibs fans in relation to our goalkeeper, instead the narrative is that hearts fans are bigots.

If the coin hadn't been thrown, then nobody would be talking about anything. Like Zlamal did, we would just have to laugh at them, and then move on.

5 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

She is asked directly by an MSP in First Ministers questions ... whats she supposed to do? Ignore him?

And given the amount of sectarian behaviour shown Id say she has a lot to do with it.

All of what she says is correct excepting the acting with dignity comment. However she is referring to post match interviews in the following days so maybe he did? I didnt see them.

Even if he didnt act with dignity in the interviews its a very political thing to say.

Im not sure what folk are getting worked up over because the FM answers a question.

All she had to say is that she can never condone anyone throwing a coin at a match, that she welcomes the unity shown by both clubs to sort this mess, and that she will be expecting action taken.

There. Being a politician is a feckin doddle.

By the way, she has **** all to say about sectarian behaviour in the West so i am at a loss to understand why she has suddenly taken an interest in us.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

All she had to say is that she can never condone anyone throwing a coin at a match, that she welcomes the unity shown by both clubs to sort this mess, and that she will be expecting action taken.

There. Being a politician is a feckin doddle.

You're right. And I'd be happy with that but she was asked by a pretty staunch Celtic fan MSP and so Im sure she knew the undercurrent of his question and what was to come next so the answer pretty much takes the wind out of sails. Now thats being a politician!

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And you'll stop being a Hearts supporter because of what Ann Budge & Craig

Levein said...........goodbye & good riddance ya numpty.

Jesus!  Your a bit special are you not?  Can't take a wee joke.

Just now, adayinmay said:

You're right. And I'd be happy with that but she was asked by a pretty staunch Celtic fan MSP and so Im sure she knew the undercurrent of his question and what was to come next so the answer pretty much takes the wind out of sails. Now thats being a politician!

How has it taken the wind out of his sails?

That celtic MSP has more fuel for his own fires, and we are painted as sectarians by the First Minister.

Howdy Doody Jambo

This is going to go on and on now Jimmy Crankie has now made this much worse, was she even at the game? 

Did our goalie even get assaulted during the game which has never been mentioned since 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Sturgeon is a hibby isn't she, or her husband is at least. She looked miserable as sin behind Rudi on 19.05.12

Salmond would have called out Lennon for his antics, the PHM that he is.

32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

sturgeon will do and say anything to protect the votes of those with a seperatist agenda 

I think she pretty much has those in the bag already tbh.

number witheld
3 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

This is going to go on and on now Jimmy Crankie has now made this much worse, was she even at the game? 

Did our goalie even get assaulted during the game which has never been mentioned since 

Re Zlamal - yues i made this point earlier - if the coin hadnt been chucked the media narrative would have been about the punch. hope the coin chucker is happy with this....

46 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Where’s the zero tolerance demonstrated and enforced at Parkhead and Ibrox then Nicola!?

Beat me too it.

KingRudi_2012
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

As long as “he conducted himself with great dignity” whilst doing so that’ll probably be ok :conf11:

Lenny is of course famous for showing great dignity, restraint and rising above 'small minded' guys and gals ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lets draw a line under Sturgeon quickly.

It really is crystal clear. She is going to try and appeal to republican voters rather than those with an affinity to the crown or the UK.

Right up her street actually. She couldn't give 2 hoots about Neil Lennon I am sure.

A lot of the SNP's rise in popularity in 2015 depended on taking the "Sellick-minded" vote from Labour. She won't want to lose them.

16 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Re Zlamal - yues i made this point earlier - if the coin hadnt been chucked the media narrative would have been about the punch. hope the coin chucker is happy with this....

No it wouldn't have. Why are you constantly asking if the coin chucker is happy? do you seriously think that this type of person gives two hoots about the impact on anybody or anything at all! Lenny, Dumpster and now Wee Fishy are keeping this alive for reasons only they know. The joint statement now looks silly eh! 

Make no mistake had the coin not been thrown and not hit him on the chest we would not be seeing articles about Bobby at all. The media love Lenny and he has a perfect place to peddle his plight. Makes me sick.

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

A lot of the SNP's rise in popularity in 2015 depended on taking the "Sellick-minded" vote from Labour. She won't want to lose them.

Yes of course it did...

55 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

My only comment on this bash the SNP thread. The government made a law to try and stop sectarianism at football but it was voted out by Labour and their unionist allies, led by a certain mr. Kelly. 

number witheld
2 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

No it wouldn't have. Why are you constantly asking if the coin chucker is happy? do you seriously think that this type of person gives two hoots about the impact on anybody or anything at all! Lenny, Dumpster and now Wee Fishy are keeping this alive for reasons only they know. The joint statement now looks silly eh! 

Make no mistake had the coin not been thrown and not hit him on the chest we would not be seeing articles about Bobby at all. The media love Lenny and he has a perfect place to peddle his plight. Makes me sick.

sorry i think i made the point twice. i just think that persons reaction is a catalyst for a series of events which is dragging the clubs name through the mud - after all the good news we've had in recent years, we are now tainted as bigots. who knows the chucker might be on here for all we know!

Edited by number witheld