Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I listened to FMQs and it was the usual tripe about all the manufactured "victims" that keep them going, then a problem about Platform 4 in Ayr station being closed and of course a whinge about Brexit. All very " progressive" of course and the Lennon "attack" just feeds into that agenda.  How a publicly paid MSP is allowed to claim it was "religiously motivated" without any evidence at all just sums up the silly wee talking shop that is Holyrood.

Well said Enzo.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Fly the Saltire
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I listened to FMQs and it was the usual tripe about all the manufactured "victims" that keep them going, then a problem about Platform 4 in Ayr station being closed and of course a whinge about Brexit. All very " progressive" of course and the Lennon "attack" just feeds into that agenda.  How a publicly paid MSP is allowed to claim it was "religiously motivated" without any evidence at all just sums up the silly wee talking shop that is Holyrood.

I take it youve never watched the public school boys antics at Westminster

3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Strangely no. Does she need to be asked to voice her opinion on said topics? As first minister should she not lead from the front and not wait to be led? 

The clue is in the name First Minister's Questions. If yesterday she had chosen unprompted to make a statement about the issues at the Hearts v Hibs game would you really have been applauding her for leading from the front or would you have actually been criticising her for getting involved when there are much bigger issues she could be dealing with?

On 01/11/2018 at 00:39, Kiwidoug said:

What an apology for a human he is.  He is absolutely the difference between Hearts and Hibs.

On 01/11/2018 at 00:38, Dunks said:

He was trying to catch it ...

image.png.4d3a97bff03a4185bf7da5ba09ba3292.png

And Sturgeon claims he acted with great dignity. What an embarrassment to Scotland she is.

23 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

I take it youve never watched the public school boys antics at Westminster

Perhaps a "public school" education would improve the grammatical knowledge of some of the Scottish Government ministers. 

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am sick of the media and politicians point scoring on this and pretending they give a shit about sectarianism. If they did care about sectarianism they would highlight it every week instead of jumping on the high profile en vogue Neil Lennon victim bandwagon.

In Scotland now apparently the scientific measure for sectarianism is a football manager reading the mind of a coin thrower after pretending to be hit in the face by a coin.

Any other method for seeking out sectarianism like turning on your TV or Radio every week and using your eyes and ears wouldn't work would it?

As long as religion is part of Scottish football, then Scotland as a country will never progress out of that mind-set.

If the current politicians don't want to tackle the problem, then kick them out and elect ones who will, although that's easier said than done though, however it's only us, the people, the population of Scotland who ultimately have the power to bring about that change.

KingRudi_2012
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am sick of the media and politicians point scoring on this and pretending they give a shit about sectarianism. If they did care about sectarianism they would highlight it every week instead of jumping on the high profile en vogue Neil Lennon victim bandwagon.

In Scotland now apparently the scientific measure for sectarianism is a football manager reading the mind of a coin thrower after pretending to be hit in the face by a coin.

Any other method for seeking out sectarianism like turning on your TV or Radio every week and using your eyes and ears wouldn't work would it?

Excellent post ????

KingRudi_2012
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As long as religion is part of Scottish football, then Scotland as a country will never progress out of that mind-set.

If the current politicians don't want to tackle the problem, then kick them out and elect ones who will, although that's easier said than done though, however it's only us, the people, the population of Scotland who ultimately have the power to bring about that change.

Children are segregated by the state at the age of 5 based on a 'religion'.  The sectarianism that thrives in the OF support and sees them attract fans from all over Scotland and Ireland is simply a manifestation of this divide. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
58 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The clue is in the name First Minister's Questions. If yesterday she had chosen unprompted to make a statement about the issues at the Hearts v Hibs game would you really have been applauding her for leading from the front or would you have actually been criticising her for getting involved when there are much bigger issues she could be dealing with?

I would have asked why she felt the need to discuss hearts v hibs when far worse goes on at any game involving the old firm and yet she remains silent. 

Hopefully someone asks her a question soon or she will be powerless to discuss said matter, or any other. 

3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Queensferry I started this post and that is the best response summed up perfectly 

Many thoughts on the topic the one thing that annoys me all be it wrong to through a coin is the complete pretence he was hit in the face  that no journalist has mentioned 

spineless the lot of them 

And NL is a total clown that needs help 

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I don't see any comments about Hearts fans in the quotes on this page - is there another quote further back I have missed?

Stop it !

You will spoil the fun.

1 hour ago, robroy1874 said:

And Sturgeon claims he acted with great dignity. What an embarrassment to Scotland she is.

I'm for independence and, when it comes, I'll take real pleasure in helping to vote her out of office.

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Its dead easy to spot the yes and no voters on any thread these days :lol: 

Not at all. She's universally loved in Scotland 

Much like Lennon 

2 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Strangely no. Does she need to be asked to voice her opinion on said topics? As first minister should she not lead from the front and not wait to be led? 

Strange answer. I doubt she would have voiced an opinion on this unless there had been a question placed. What other politicians expressed an opinion on the subject?

Sturgeon is a Hibs shagging ***** and should have kept her puss riddled gob shut about this.

I feel sorry for all Scots that are ruled by her nanny state bullshit.

Hibs fans treated Rudi as bad as we treat Neil Lennon but why do we continue to cite racism and sectarianism as motives? Rudi and Neil Lennon are both the same race (caucasian) and although I am not too sure on Rudi's religion he is unlikely to be a protestant being from CR. Hibs at no stage shouted racist abuse at RS. Gypsies are a culture and not a race. Rudi was an amazing player who used to wind them up. Neil Lennon was an......well he winds us up at least. Neil Lennon is not abused in the main (although undoubtedly a small section do shout sectarian abuse) because he is a catholic he is abused because he winds us up. Neil Lennon is hated in every ground in Scotland not just Tynie. The logic is flawed. People want it to be about religion but it just isn't. I mean it is not as if Neil Lennon is the only Irish Catholic in Scottish football so why is he the only one abused? The logic simply does not fit the accusation 

9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yes indeed. 

Being very vocal on this issue fits the narrative of the persecuted beautifully.

Indeed if one displayed the paranoia of his club, one ciuld argue that this also allows the headlines about the very troubling and disgraceful story of officers of his beloved club, their actions, inaction and their impact on people's lives to drop down the news agenda. 

Sweep, sweep, deflect. It's been the way of ra people for way too long. The story is bubbling away on social media so expect more deflections in the weeks ahead. Scary the people implicated in the sordid past of that "football" club.

8 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I would have asked why she felt the need to discuss hearts v hibs when far worse goes on at any game involving the old firm and yet she remains silent. 

Hopefully someone asks her a question soon or she will be powerless to discuss said matter, or any other. 

:rofl:

SHE.

WAS.

ASKED.

A.

QUESTION.

Why was she asked the question? Sweep, sweep, deflect.

Why would a politician single out a single incident in a night and a week of many? Sweep, sweep, deflect.

If you don't think she was pandering to her political demographic then you probably are questioning if grass is green.

A stinking stitch up if there ever was.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Hibs fans treated Rudi as bad as we treat Neil Lennon but why do we continue to cite racism and sectarianism as motives? Rudi and Neil Lennon are both the same race (caucasian) and although I am not too sure on Rudi's religion he is unlikely to be a protestant being from CR. Hibs at no stage shouted racist abuse at RS. Gypsies are a culture and not a race.

You are entirely wrong on your understanding of the definition of racism. The legal definition of racism is far wider than you seem to believe. It includes nationality and gypsy/ traveller groups (some of which such as Romani have shared genetic origins).

Taken from the Equalities and Human Rights Commission website:

"The Equality Act 2010 says you must not be discriminated against because of your race. 

In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality. For example, you may have Chinese national origins and be living in Britain with a British passport.

Race also covers ethnic and racial groups. This means a group of people who all share the same protected characteristic of ethnicity or race. 

A racial group can be made up of two or more distinct racial groups, for example black Britons, British Asians, British Sikhs, British Jews, Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers."

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/advice-and-guidance/race-discrimination

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Hibs fans treated Rudi as bad as we treat Neil Lennon but why do we continue to cite racism and sectarianism as motives? Rudi and Neil Lennon are both the same race (caucasian) and although I am not too sure on Rudi's religion he is unlikely to be a protestant being from CR. Hibs at no stage shouted racist abuse at RS. Gypsies are a culture and not a race. Rudi was an amazing player who used to wind them up. Neil Lennon was an......well he winds us up at least. Neil Lennon is not abused in the main (although undoubtedly a small section do shout sectarian abuse) because he is a catholic he is abused because he winds us up. Neil Lennon is hated in every ground in Scotland not just Tynie. The logic is flawed. People want it to be about religion but it just isn't. I mean it is not as if Neil Lennon is the only Irish Catholic in Scottish football so why is he the only one abused? The logic simply does not fit the accusation 

Oh dear. Rudi Skacel was abused entirely on the fact he is Eastern European, that’s racism. 

15 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Why was she asked the question? Sweep, sweep, deflect.

Why would a politician single out a single incident in a night and a week of many? Sweep, sweep, deflect.

If you don't think she was pandering to her political demographic then you probably are questioning if grass is green.

A stinking stitch up if there ever was.

She was asked the question by a Labour MSP. It was him that singled out this incident not her. Do you think as an oppisition MSP he was trying to help Sturgeon pander to her supporters? Really this stuff is not difficult. I posted the question and answer verbatim earlier in the thread. I suggest going back and reading it.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Oh dear. Rudi Skacel was abused entirely on the fact he is Eastern European, that’s racism. 

Exactly.  The clue is in the repeated song line Rudi Skacel is a F****** Refugee.  100% Racist

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

She was asked the question by a Labour MSP. It was him that singled out this incident not her. Do you think as an oppisition MSP he was trying to help Sturgeon pander to her supporters? Really this stuff is not difficult. I posted the question and answer verbatim earlier in the thread. I suggest going back and reading it.

Not in doubt and my reading skills are sound.

She was asked the question by a Celtic supporting Labour MSP. She knows the question is coming as FMQ are briefed as to content. Her retort was measured, calculated and I suspect not exactly how the Labour guy expected it to go.

Bash on, I'm very comfortable with my paranoid outlook on events. You have yours.

39 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We are the same race. It is NOT racism. I don't care how distorted the left have made the term in 2018. I know we live in an age that is so pathetically desperate to individualise and label everything and everyone.

Rudi Skacel is Eastern European. I am British. Rudi Skacel and I are both caucasian men. We belong to the exact same race.

Edited by i8hibsh

gorgie rd eh11
On 03/11/2018 at 14:41, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well... Garry Parker, part of his backroom staff sent abusive phone messages to his ex mistress, telling her to watch her back and calling her a slag, so I doubt they are anything but supportive.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229.amp

While Neil continues to make things up after his dive i think this story needs to be told.

4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

While Neil continues to make things up after his dive i think this story needs to be told.

I’ve been trying my best for a while now. However, disagreeing with threatening women with knives may be considered an anti-Catholic viewpoint, so I better watch out in case I’m branded a sectarian bigot.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are the same race. It is NOT racism. I don't care how distorted the left have made the term in 2018. I know we live in an age that is so pathetically desperate to individualise and label everything and everyone.

Rudi Skacel is Eastern European. I am British. Rudi Skacel and I are both caucasian men. We belong to the exact same race.

To explain even further. If it was a football game in Africa and one set of fans were abusing a black player of being from a poorer tribe or country in Africa do you think this is racism?  How can it be different in Europe? You could say the same in South and central  America. Only in the West are we so desperare to continue to throw around this word. Years ago it meant something. It meant you were a vile human being. Now it is used so freely and broadly it is completely devalued.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Race is considered a pretty null and void classification of people by the scientific community these days. Phenotypes are a very innacurate way of identifying someone’s background. Indeed I8hibsh could share more genetic material with a ‘Chinese person’ than Rudi Skacel. Race is a flawed and weak method of classification. In the social sciences however, it is still used as method of describing people when dealing with subjects such as health. As the subject of racism is generally heavily loaded on one side with ignorant simpletons who don’t understand the subject, it is often used to define people along simple lines like what country they are from. 

To finally put this racism card to bed:

race2
/reɪs/
noun
noun: race; plural noun: races
  1. each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Edited by brux

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To explain even further. If it was a football game in Africa and one set of fans were abusing a black player of being from a poorer tribe or country in Africa do you think this is racism?  How can it be different in Europe? You could say the same in South and central  America. Only in the West are we so desperare to continue to throw around this word. Years ago it meant something. It meant you were a vile human being. Now it is used so freely and broadly it is completely devalued.

Some people’s depth of understanding of race appears to be in line with such visionary greats of the field as King Leopold II of Belgium. Shade of skin colour and shape of head/eyes etc. 

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

She could have said - this question isn’t worthy of parliamentary and public money time which would have been the right answer.

The answer of a proper leader.

Not everything is or should be about politics. Coin throwing is not political FFS

Edited by Jammy T

4 minutes ago, brux said:

To finally put this racism card to bed:

race2
/reɪs/
noun
noun: race; plural noun: races
  1. each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Flawed and outdated unfortunately. Social science definition for those who don’t really understand Biology. 

That being said, I don’t believe it was racism or sectarian bigotry that prompted someone to throw a coin at Lennon. It was more than likely because he’s a detestable wee prick.

10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Flawed and outdated unfortunately. Social science definition for those who don’t really understand Biology. 

That being said, I don’t believe it was racism or sectarian bigotry that prompted someone to throw a coin at Lennon. It was more than likely because he’s a detestable wee prick.

I agree, it may be flawed and outdated, however if anyone were to be punished these are the definitions which we adhere to.

And your last sentence made me genuinely launch, not lol, but a laugh

17 hours ago, SpikeDudley said:

Great dignity = goading the fans then hitting the deck as if he'd been shot after a coin bounced off his jacket?

:cornette:

Pathetic. Playing to her usual section of society as ever.

She was answering a loaded question from a Celtic minded unionist MSP and was referring to how he conducted himself at his press conference not during the match. No MSPs asked her any questions about the attack on our goalie or any other incidents.

To be fair we now live in a world that gives you about 700 different boxes to tick when it is basically asking if you were born with a penis or a vagina.

It has become an episode of Take your Pick.

Edited by i8hibsh

14 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

She could have said - this question isn’t worthy of parliamentary and public money time which would have been the right answer.

The answer of a proper leader.

Not everything is or should be about politics. Coin throwing is not political FFS

Everything about football in the west is political, though. She had to answer it as diplomatically as possible otherwise Mr Kelly would have ran with any scraps he could, to continue to foment his sense of victimhood. If the FM had dismissed his question out of hand, you can be certain he would have made a meal of it. 

42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You asked why people are using the term racism to describe discrimination on the basis of nationality. The answer to that is that it falls within the legal definition of racism. Whether you like or dislike that definition is neither here nor there.

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

You asked why people are using the term racism to describe discrimination on the basis of nationality. The answer to that is that it falls within the legal definition of racism. Whether you like or dislike that definition is neither here nor there.

In a world where a man can stick on a dress and wig and be allowed into a female toilet, I will stick with how things were and served us all so well for many many years. Calling someone a 'Gypsy' in no way shape or form is racist. I will never ever accept it. It is just another way for some cultural studies student to feel important and virtuous.

17 minutes ago, brux said:

I agree, it may be flawed and outdated, however if anyone were to be punished these are the definitions which we adhere to.

No those aren't the definitions that would be used in a legal case. As I highlighted earlier, the legal definition of racism is wider than discrimination only on the grounds of 'race'. It includes discrimination on grounds of other factors such as nationality or citizenship.

55 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The amazing thing about the story is that Lennon has had several affairs. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In a world where a man can stick on a dress and wig and be allowed into a female toilet, I will stick with how things were and served us all so well for many many years. Calling someone a 'Gypsy' in no way shape or form is racist. I will never ever accept it. It is just another way for some cultural studies student to feel important and virtuous.

Ok. But when you feel the need to whinge because the rest of us are using the word as legally defined you just come across as a bit of a snowflake.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Ok. But when you feel the need to whinge because the rest of us are using the word as legally defined you just come across as a bit of a snowflake.

Another term you do not fully understand.

...a bit disco
26 minutes ago, brux said:

:lol:

Did that include your breakfast?

I am going to throw this out there. If Neil Lennon did not come from where he came from he would still be a hate figure. He is just unpleasant.