Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

4 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Are the voting rules still that it needs ten out of 12 club's to vote through a proposal? Effectively meaning the OF can block any change? Or have I just made that up? 

I think it's 11-1 for the big ones. Aberdeen ****** it for all of us when rangers died and voted against changing it

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

7 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Are the voting rules still that it needs ten out of 12 club's to vote through a proposal? Effectively meaning the OF can block any change? Or have I just made that up? 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think it's 11-1 for the big ones. Aberdeen ****** it for all of us when rangers died and voted against changing it

When I think about it, I'm not sure what the script is now that the SPL and SFL have merged, back then it was only the 12 SPL clubs voting. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And likewise - it's infuriating to me too that there's no pushback on this. The same arseholes will continue to be employed to do the same rubbish job. And the clubs, the owners, will just watch, unable to force change because of ridiculous voting rules. 

100% agree with you 

13 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Not the first time either:

Genius free kick tbf.  We should replicate.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Still can’t get my head around that one. A unique opportunity to make a proper change with real implications. Who paid them off?

Just bought another 2 today and need to collect from Tynecastle, anyone know how long you need to leave it before you can collect them? Tried phoning the ticket office but can't get an answer

Edited by Jamie86

1 minute ago, 1rousset said:

I feel exceedingly seedy having clicked on that link but I did.

Call me old fashioned but does that constitute serious journalism these days?

I use newsnow.co.uk as news updates and occasionally they include this stuff. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

Just bought another 2 today and need to collect from Tynecastle, anyone know how long you need to leave it before you can collect them? Tried phoning the ticket office but can't get an answer

If you've bought them collect straight away if you wish

4 hours ago, amadjambo said:

We’ll be making over half a mil from this game, with the final still to come. Should help strengthen the team come January if we need to.

Give the whole lot of it to Steven Naismith to play for us for the next 2 and a half seasons. Guy is worth every penny

This could turn out to be a very profitable couple of months for the club....£400,000 from UEFA, £600,000 from Semi-Final and probably the same again if we manage to progress to the Final. If we win the damn thing it won’t be a mosquitoes ball hair off £2m in cash for the club in a 6 week period.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I think it was said tongue in cheek?

why are they taking such offence to it - very odd !

obviously it helps us if Celtic got beat as they won go into this game with as much confidence 

it has has nothing specifcally to do with the two teams involved 

6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Give the whole lot of it to Steven Naismith to play for us for the next 2 and a half seasons. Guy is worth every penny

We will make over a million from this game alone in bums on seats and sponsors as well as advertising ??

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Still can’t get my head around that one. A unique opportunity to make a proper change with real implications. Who paid them off?

They saw the opportunity to be that 2nd club for a while and the financial gains with it. It allowed them to progress to where they have been for the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately it was a selfish, short term thought, and has helped ensure things didn’t get a chance to properly change before Rangers got into the premier league.

Decisions decisions! Edinburgh Airport to Haymarket; bus or tram??? I’m inclined for

bus, it’s direct from arrivals so avoids park and ride and potentially ‘nasty folks’! Thoughts??

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Decisions decisions! Edinburgh Airport to Haymarket; bus or tram??? I’m inclined for

bus, it’s direct from arrivals so avoids park and ride and potentially ‘nasty folks’! Thoughts??

Get the 100. Less likely to have any Celtic on it

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where is the 600k coming from for the semi-final? 

Worth bearing in mind Hampden Ltd will be compensated plus hire of Murrayfield. 

Big Slim Stylee
14 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

They saw the opportunity to be that 2nd club for a while and the financial gains with it. It allowed them to progress to where they have been for the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately it was a selfish, short term thought, and has helped ensure things didn’t get a chance to properly change before Rangers got into the premier league.

Utter cocks.

16 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

This.

I find it ironic that Robbie was heavily slagged off for talking about the "money spinner" replay with Hibs, but folk are now clambering over each other to excitedly talk about how much money we might make from the semi-final.

Here's a hint: It's not about the money guys.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Where is the 600k coming from for the semi-final? 

Worth bearing in mind Hampden Ltd will be compensated plus hire of Murrayfield. 

28500 * £25 (rough average) = £712500

+ TV Money

+ Prize money for reaching semi finals

+ Merchandise sales

Take off expenses and £600k may not be too wide of the mark.

Edited by Ray Gin

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Story goes - as I understand it - was they were concerned that opening the voting up would create the opportunity for teams to push through gate receipts being shared equally between all teams.

Smells of shite to me as you could have carved out the gate receipt sharing from being subject to a vote.

I think the rumour was that we weren’t open to changing it either. I might be wrong but I was ****ing disappointed in us about that and still don’t understand it.

This was pre-Budge.

Edited by Jammy T

18 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The tram stops right at Murrayfield if you want to avoid the mhanks at Haymarket on Sunday. 

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

+ TV Money

+ Merchandise sales

I think all revenues are split between the spfland the 4 semi finalists with the clubs receiving equal shares of ticket sales. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The tram stops right at Murrayfield if you want to avoid the mhanks at Haymarket on Sunday. 

What's prices of tram from princess st? Never been on one yet 

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Thanks.  I think I’d rather face them off it (Transport) than on it (Transport) especially on return trip (victorious) at 6:30pm / 7pm. So on balance 100 bus it is!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I think all revenues are split between the spfland the 4 semi finalists with the clubs receiving equal shares of ticket sales. 

The rules state 10% for hire of neutral venue, 5% to the SPFL, take off the vat, take off any extra costs then a 4 way split of what's left.

8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

They are but that guess probably won't be too far out given our hospitality packages are sold out and we're keeping the £££££ to ourselves.

27 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I find it ironic that Robbie was heavily slagged off for talking about the "money spinner" replay with Hibs, but folk are now clambering over each other to excitedly talk about how much money we might make from the semi-final.

Here's a hint: It's not about the money guys.

:rofl:

Lol, aye definitely the same thing. Excusing a capitulation from 2-0 down at home to your Championship dwelling neighbors as the opportunity to make money out of a replay (which he then lost!).......and fans speculating how much money we are  making from a semi final and possibly a final that will have a great positive on the budget for the first team as well as off field initiatives! 

Edited by magicTs

Lots of them on the trams though if last seasons game against their ugly sisters is a guide. 

Most of them got on without tickets thinking they were being smart  until they encountered the barriers and police at Murrayfield Tram stop. Not sure how the police are going to keep fans apart at tram stop on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

:rofl:

Lol, aye definitely the same thing. Excusing a capitulation from 2-0 down at home to your Championship dwelling neighbors as the opportunity to make money out of a replay (which he then lost!).......and fans speculating how much money we are  making from a semi final and possibly a final that will have a great positive on the budget for the first team as well as off field initiatives! 

If that's how you interpreted Robbie's comments then that's your choice. "Excusing", aye right. The very fact that folk are even bothering about how much money we are going to make from the semifinal is bad patter - as I said, that's not what it's all about. It just looks petty. Monetising a football game is exactly what links Robbie's comments and those on here who are discussing how much we will make from the semi-final. This means far more to us than a money-spinner, particularly as we are on a solid financial footing and don't need the money. Have fun counting your piles of pennies! :D

35 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

+ TV Money

+ Merchandise sales

Bit high I think. It’s the diddy Cup so prizemoney and tv money is poor. Vat needs to come off ticket sales and our quarter share of gate numbers likely to be closer to 25k. Still a good earner though. More than double it if we make final. 

30 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's prices of tram from princess st? Never been on one yet 

Same as a Lothian bus single fare. £1.70 or £1.80, whatever it is these days.

Free if you have a Lothian travel bus pass

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If that's how you interpreted Robbie's comments then that's your choice. "Excusing", aye right. The very fact that folk are even bothering about how much money we are going to make from the semifinal is bad patter - as I said, that's not what it's all about. It just looks petty. Monetising a football game is exactly what links Robbie's comments and those on here who are discussing how much we will make from the semi-final. This means far more to us than a money-spinner, particularly as we are on a solid financial footing and don't need the money. Have fun counting your piles of pennies! :D

I’m not sure you are serious or not as your points are so ridiculous. The financial benefits to Hearts of regularly making semi finals and finals are massive. We certainly do need the money for numerous reasons not least so that our year on year player budget increases and we can enhance the quality of our squad! I don’t think anyone is suggesting that the financial benefit supersedes the match itself nor is it as important as the opportunity for real footballing success but it is a major positive knock on effect of doing well on the pitch. 

The fans discussing those benefits on the main Hearts messageboard are in no way connected to the ludicrous and frankly ill advised comments of a previous head coach in the aftermath of a pathetic 2nd half derby performance! 

I can't wait for Sunday! Can't think of any time I've been as confident (maybe hopeful is a better word!) going into a game v celtic, in my 40 years watching Hearts. We're playing great, full of confidence, creating loads of chances. They've had a tough game last night, key players out, seem to be lacking confidence and get the impression it's not a happy camp.

Will be an amazing atmosphere....especially if we win!

Just now, magicTs said:

I’m not sure you are serious or not as your points are so ridiculous. The financial benefits to Hearts of regularly making semi finals and finals are massive. We certainly do need the money for numerous reasons not least so that our year on year player budget increases and we can enhance the quality of our squad! I don’t think anyone is suggesting that the financial benefit supersedes the match itself nor is it as important as the opportunity for real footballing success but it is a major positive knock on effect of doing well on the pitch. 

The fans discussing those benefits on the main Hearts messageboard are in no way connected to the ludicrous and frankly ill advised comments of a previous head coach in the aftermath of a pathetic 2nd half derby performance! 

Why don't you take a wander over to any Celtic or Rangers forum, if you can stand the stench. You'll be hard-pressed to see either set of fans talking about how much they'll earn from the semi-final, or debating which of the next two games they would choose to win if they could only choose one. Both of those are examples of a small-team mentality, I'm sorry to say. By all means, talk about how much we made afterwards, if you really must, but it taking up a lot of the conversation before we've even played? Ridiculous. We're better than that. Winning everything we can is what counts - we need that mentality.

"Ill-advised comments". Yup, they were indeed, in particular because they made it look like he wasn't hurting enough from the nature of the Hibs comeback in that second half. "Ludicrous" though? Nope.

12 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

NB: Scottish Concession Cards are only valid for use on the trams if they were issued in Edinburgh

Selkirkhmfc1874
24 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Cheers bud

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Why don't you take a wander over to any Celtic or Rangers forum, if you can stand the stench. You'll be hard-pressed to see either set of fans talking about how much they'll earn from the semi-final, or debating which of the next two games they would choose to win if they could only choose one. Both of those are examples of a small-team mentality, I'm sorry to say. By all means, talk about how much we made afterwards, if you really must, but it taking up a lot of the conversation before we've even played? Ridiculous. We're better than that. Winning everything we can is what counts - we need that mentality.

"Ill-advised comments". Yup, they were indeed, in particular because they made it look like he wasn't hurting enough from the nature of the Hibs comeback in that second half. "Ludicrous" though? Nope.

Again, nonsensical comments. I don't care what Celtic and Rangers fans have to say about the financial impact or otherwise of the games. Its a minor discussion amongst many others in looking forward to Sunday's game. A huge financial benefit to Hearts after several years of missing out and blowing these opportunities. It pales into insignificance in respect to the game itself but its a very positive knock on effect. Quite why you see that as something to get so bent out of shape about is anyone's guess but it has zero, zilch, nada impact on the game itself and certainly has nothing to do with "small-team mentality"! If you don't think that making it to the latter stages of the cups helps our player budget and indeed our profile then you are extremely naive to the realities of our financial situation as we continue to rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks.  I think I’d rather face them off it (Transport) than on it (Transport) especially on return trip (victorious) at 6:30pm / 7pm. So on balance 100 bus it is!

On reflection I would tram it. St John's road will be snails pace if not at a stand still altogether for the couple of hours preceding kick off. The main road from Western corner through to Haymarket appears to be closed off completely before and after the match as well

1 minute ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

On reflection I would tram it. St John's road will be snails pace if not at a stand still altogether for the couple of hours preceding kick off. The main road from Western corner through to Haymarket appears to be closed off completely before and after the match as well

Thanks for sharing thoughts - I land at 9:10am so hopefully skimming through there around 9:40am

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks for sharing thoughts - I land at 9:10am so hopefully skimming through there around 9:40am

Should have no problems at that time mate ?

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

rangers not worried about the financial impact-

-the ******* offspring of the parent company has fallen not too far from the tree.

Maybe its all the excitement of maybe reaching a LC final for the first time

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The No 100 stops at Murrayfield.

21 minutes ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

Train it in from Edinburgh Gateway to Haymarket and walk to Murrayfield from there.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Live the dream, get a cab, more time in the pub.