Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

19 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Has anyone received tickets in the post yet that were sent 1st class?

Yes - received mine today

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You m going to suggest the figure of 17,000 as inaccurate and say 13,000-14,000, and I’m fairly sure that was the figure banded about at the time.

Their original allocation was 14,000 which they sold out, they were then given two additional areas in the South Stand (1200 debenture seats and 900 regular) and finally just before the cup final a further 600 from a section in the North West of the ground which we returned.

That's 16,700 sold tickets, add in their board, club employees, wider squad, players families, etc. and I think it fair to say they had 17,000 in the stadium that day.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The point was neutrality not volume 

If that was the case then why not put it at McDiarmid Park? Of course volume must come in to it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If that was the case then why not put it at McDiarmid Park? Of course volume must come in to it.

Obtuse type post 

35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How was it poor ? Official attendance was 44,000. I reckon 10K Buddies fans , tops, all in the Rangers end. Taking into account the turmoil at the club I reckon that's a good turnout. 

Your last paragraph explains all for that period at the club.

I'm wondering if there is a similar kind of discontent / apathy  about the Dons atm as there was at Hearts at that time.

Would explain why their sales have been poor.

PS before Tosh gets all upset I'm not slagging them just surprised.

35 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You think we would have sold

as many if our last victory against Celtic was 2012?

Who actually cares? Over 25K have been sold in the present. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Who actually cares? Over 25K have been sold in the present. 

Me. I find it very interesting that we could provide double the number of fans for a league cup semi final

as we did for a Scottish Cup Semi final. Possibly our administrative period has galvanised the support and increased our fan base to

a level where this could be a ‘norm’.

Alternatively it could be the Murrayfield effect or the fact that we haven’t reached a semi for 5 years. I’m sure everyone associated with the club would like to see us grow the support and this match seems to be an indication that we are headed

in the right direction.

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Obtuse type post 

Only because your argument was obtuse to begin with. There are many factors to be considered when choosing a venue for a semi final. One of them is neutrality, another is capacity. My point is that it would be ridiculous to hold the Aberdeen tie at Murrayfield when the difference in terms of distance is pretty negligible, but the extra 15k capacity of Murrayfield compared to Hampden is extremely relevant a consideration.

46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Lighten up .

It doesn't matter.

Just now, luckydug said:

Lighten up .

It doesn't matter.

Read above! It’s not a dig at anyone or anything. It’s a genuine interest.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Me. I find it very interesting that we could provide double the number of fans for a league cup semi final

as we did for a Scottish Cup Semi final. Possibly our administrative period has galvanised the support and increased our fan base to

a level where this could be a ‘norm’.

Alternatively it could be the Murrayfield effect or the fact that we haven’t reached a semi for 5 years. I’m sure everyone associated with the club would like to see us grow the support and this match seems to be an indication that we are headed

in the right direction.

Top of the league,club getting run right and the game is in Edinburgh.

Not rocket science.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Heading for 29,000 

:wow:

Thank goodness it’s at Murrayfield. There’s not enough room at Hampden to house that many Jambos.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Only because your argument was obtuse to begin with. There are many factors to be considered when choosing a venue for a semi final. One of them is neutrality, another is capacity. My point is that it would be ridiculous to hold the Aberdeen tie at Murrayfield when the difference in terms of distance is pretty negligible, but the extra 15k capacity of Murrayfield compared to Hampden is extremely relevant a consideration.

I never had an argument  :rofl:

Simply made fair comment unbiased opinion 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I never had an argument  :rofl:

Simply made fair comment unbiased opinion 

A comment in the form of a rebuttal to my point. An argument. My original point remains the same, it would have been utterly ridiculous to stick 10k sheep in Murrayfield when we have 30k Hearts fans needing tickets.

Not sure why this is upsetting so many people tbh. It’s a shit turn out for Aberdeen and it would have been exacerbated by holding their tie at Murrayfield.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

I doubt the sheep would've sold that much more if their tie had been at Murrayfield. Would've meant less chance of the extra trains Scotrail are putting on as there'd be three sets of travelling fans.

The Aberdeen support given the circumstances after the draw is really poor.

Just now, kila said:

I doubt the sheep would've sold that much more if their tie had been at Murrayfield. Would've meant less chance of the extra trains Scotrail are putting on as there'd be three sets of travelling fans.

The Aberdeen support given the circumstances after the draw is really poor.

I don’t think there’s any evidence they would have sold any more at all. It is a poor support from Aberdeen.

A comment in the form of a rebuttle to my point. An argument. My original point remains the same, it would have been utterly ridiculous to stick 20k sheep in Murrayfield when we have 30k Hearts fans needing tickets.

Not sure why this is upsetting so many people tbh. It’s a shit turn out for Aberdeen and it would have exacerbated by holding their tie at Murrayfield.

Oh man, you just let your whole argument down. It's rebuttal. ;)

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

The sheep are a funny support. 

We finished joint 3rd with them in 95-96 , so they had a decent team. 

They only took about 7000 in the Scottish Cup semi versus ourselves that season in a 28,000 crowd.  

Indeed.  There was no excuse for a poor support that day as it was a Saturday 3pm kick off.  One of my favourite ever Hearts games.  Felt sick when Duncan Shearer equalised but we went straight up the pitch and won it with the last kick. 

:glorious:

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Oh man, you just let your whole argument down. It's rebuttal. ;)

:mad:

Fixed!  :D

18 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's the Aberdeen fans who are saying it's embarrassing. 

I must admit to be being surprised at their poor sales.

I could understand if it was a lunchtime KO but the kick off time of 4.30 means they can leave Aberdeen just after lunch and be home before supper.

They usually travel in good numbers but their have been a few semi finals over the years they have failed to show.

1996 springs to mind 'are you Airdrie in disguise ' we mocked them with and that was a 3.00pm KO.

And not on TV.

Shite club. Shite fans.

Just now, El Diez said:

And not on TV.

Shite club. Shite fans.

Careful man, that’s sacrilege round these parts, nowadays. :unsure: 

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A comment in the form of a rebuttal to my point. An argument. My original point remains the same, it would have been utterly ridiculous to stick 10k sheep in Murrayfield when we have 30k Hearts fans needing tickets.

Not sure why this is upsetting so many people tbh. It’s a shit turn out for Aberdeen and it would have been exacerbated by holding their tie at Murrayfield.

You've made some cracking points on this thread and the one we both made remains unchallenged - and that is that Aberdeen fans THEMSELVES have said their ticket sales have been embarrassing. That really should be the end of the discussion. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

:mad:

Fixed!  :D

Argument revalidated! :)

A poor turnout ticket-wise for Aberdeen it most certainly is.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I bought two through that agency number on the first day of sale to s/t holders but so far they haven't arrived. Anyone know when they're being sent out? 

Got mine this morning.

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You've made some cracking points on this thread and the one we both made remains unchallenged - and that is that Aberdeen fans THEMSELVES have said their ticket sales have been embarrassing. That really should be the end of the discussion. 

Indeed. Still can’t go upsetting someone’s sheepy mates on a Hearts forum. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Careful man, that’s sacrilege round these parts, nowadays. :unsure: 

Not in my world.

In fact, any opportunity to show them up for what they are (you’re doing a grand job on that front) is fine by me.

:thumbsup:

King Of The Cat Cafe

I am in E14 (ticket arrived today).  Anybody any idea of what the segregation will be like from the green hordes in E12?

#wearingmytinhatjustincase

14 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I am in E14 (ticket arrived today).  Anybody any idea of what the segregation will be like from the green hordes in E12?

Probably 7-8 rows at a guess.

Does anybody know how many we had at the League Cup semi-final vs Rangers in 1988-89? Attendance 53,623 (I've also seen 47,000 or so given).

And the semi-final vs Celtic in 1988? Attendance: 65,886.

38 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  There was no excuse for a poor support that day as it was a Saturday 3pm kick off.  One of my favourite ever Hearts games.  Felt sick when Duncan Shearer equalised but we went straight up the pitch and won it with the last kick. 

I've never felt more elated about a Hearts result than I did that day, not even Cup wins.

25 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Don't worry about the segregation just hope that you're upwind from the manky hordes, especially at that short distance. ?

5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've never felt more elated about a Hearts result than I did that day, not even Cup wins.

Good find man.  Rob Maclean mirrors a lot of whats been said on this thread just 1.35 in.:lol:

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Don't worry about the segregation just hope that you're upwind from the manky hordes, especially at that short distance. ?

Yep.  I heard that when Police Scotland ran out of CS spray in Glasgow some time ago, they started using Lynx deodorant on the Saturday night fighters - and none of them noticed.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I bought two through that agency number on the first day of sale to s/t holders but so far they haven't arrived. Anyone know when they're being sent out? 

Mine arrived in post today

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye. 

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye. 

Really? So if we hadn’t beaten them 4-0 last season and 1-0 this season, you think we’d have sold as many tickets? I mean, fair enough, it’s impossible to say for definite, but I think you are putting far too much emphasis on the fact the game is in the same city as us maybe. ?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Really? So if we hadn’t beaten them 4-0 last season and 1-0 this season, you think we’d have sold as many tickets? I mean, fair enough, it’s impossible to say for definite, but I think you are putting far too much emphasis on the fact the game is in the same city as us maybe. ?

I was beng sarcastic. 

I went to the TO at lunchtime today to collect my Dundee tickets and the queue was out the door. I left work early  and headed back to try again just after 4 this afternoon and the queue was still out the door. We must be close to selling out the Semi now. Going to be a great day.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ah, my mistake. Sorry Chuck. :lol:

No bother. 

Stupid question deserve stupid answers. ?

Great effort by the fans, now with the potential amount of money to be made its so important to get this far whenever we can. Not that much dosh floating around up here let’s grab what we can......and some cups!

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Think the whole Hearts end sighed at the equaliser. Only for a couple of mins though. 

The support lifted again and got right behind the team. Love it when it’s like that in our end.

Never let the heads go down. 

Edited by Debut 4