Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Great effort by the fans, now with the potential amount of money to be made its so important to get this far whenever we can. Not that much dosh floating around up here let’s grab what we can......and some cups!

And league titles! ?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've never felt more elated about a Hearts result than I did that day, not even Cup wins.

It looked like another semi disaster was on the cards.But the scenes in the Hearts end when Magic scored were incredible.

Wonder how may of these attendance records we'll get past next Sunday.......

a) 57,857 - 11 years ago

Record attendance for a football match at Murrayfield (Hearts v Barcalona,  28/07/07)

b) 60,493 - 28 years ago

Last 60,000 crowd involving a non-old firm side (Aberdeen v Celtic, Scottish Cup Final,  12/05/90)

c) 62,817 - exactly 28 years before next Sunday

Last crowd over 61,000 at a Scottish football match (Rangers v Celtic, Scottish League Cup Final, 28/10/90)

d) 65,860 - 68 years ago

Record attendance for a football match in Edinburgh (Hibs v Hearts, 02/01/50)

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At 26k just now

So even a sell out could be on 

Time for a thread title update from the mods/OP?

Well done folks. I'm heart broken I can't make this but I look forward to listening to you all.

4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Wonder how may of these attendance records we'll get past next Sunday.......

a) 57,857 - 11 years ago

Record attendance for a football match at Murrayfield (Hearts v Barcalona,  28/07/07)

b) 60,493 - 28 years ago

Last 60,000 crowd involving a non-old firm side (Aberdeen v Celtic, Scottish Cup Final,  12/05/90)

c) 62,817 - exactly 28 years before next Sunday

Last crowd over 61,000 at a Scottish football match (Rangers v Celtic, Scottish League Cup Final, 28/10/90)

d) 65,860 - 68 years ago

Record attendance for a football match in Edinburgh (Hibs v Hearts, 02/01/50)

Celtic have had over 60,000 at home several times since then. 60,247 is the record all-seated football attendance in Scotland (vs St. Johnstone). There were 60,108 at the 1-1 draw vs us in 2005.

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Celtic have had over 60,000 at home several times since then. 60,247 is the record all-seated football attendance in Scotland (vs St. Johnstone). There were 60,108 at the 1-1 draw vs us in 2005.

Correct, but I don't believe they've had one over 61,000 - for obvious capacity reasons.

2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Correct, but I don't believe they've had one over 61,000 - for obvious capacity reasons.

Yes. 72,069 (Scottish Cup Final 1989, Rangers vs Celtic) is the most recent attendance that cannot be beaten.

1 minute ago, Gorgiewave said:

Yes. 72,069 (Scottish Cup Final 1989, Rangers vs Celtic) is the most recent attendance that cannot be beaten.

Yup, agree with that. I don't think we'll get past the 65,860 figure - that would require pretty much a complete sell out by the time segregation is thrown in. 

Absolutely fantastic and something I called early on and even ended up getting called a wind up merchant.  Our support is fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yup, agree with that. I don't think we'll get past the 65,860 figure - that would require pretty much a complete sell out by the time segregation is thrown in. 

What attendance do you predict? I'll go for 56,178.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gorgiewave said:

2 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Looking like it's going to be over 60k the way sales are progressing 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Ticket sales can't be too far off that just now and there's still nine days to go. 

avhudtheteeshirt
1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've never felt more elated about a Hearts result than I did that day, not even Cup wins.

Quite a team Aberdeen had out that day, Inglis the male model bought from St Johnstone, Bernard the only £1 million player bought outside the old firm, on the say so of Gerry Mcknee on Scotsport?

He said, the only way to keep up with them was to buy £ million players, they ended up removing their toaster from players lounge the year after?????

If each side has 30,000 and the capacity is 67,130, what's happening with the rest? Maybe 500 or 1,000 for segregation. Is the rest for SPFL/SFA guests, sponsors, etc.?

stirlingshirejambo
11 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Quite a team Aberdeen had out that day, Inglis the male model bought from St Johnstone, Bernard the only £1 million player bought outside the old firm, on the say so of Gerry Mcknee on Scotsport?

He said, the only way to keep up with them was to buy £ million players, they ended up removing their toaster from players lounge the year after?????

Only player I didn’t recognise in that Aberdeen team was the left back. Who was their normal left back that season?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A comment in the form of a rebuttal to my point. An argument. My original point remains the same, it would have been utterly ridiculous to stick 10k sheep in Murrayfield when we have 30k Hearts fans needing tickets.

Not sure why this is upsetting so many people tbh. It’s a shit turn out for Aberdeen and it would have been exacerbated by holding their tie at Murrayfield.

Or not 

Shanks said no

65,861, to make it the largest football crowd ever recorded in Edinburgh

I know with a capacity of 67,144 that is not possible due to segregation

18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Same as ours. 

Is that really the case?

We are split at the centre circle but are the east and west stands the same size? Am not sure that they are. Also there will be very few ‘blazers’ at an LC SF. And the data from our own sections (eg W22) suggests a very small segregation strip, with less than 1,000 seats lost to segregation.

So - does anyone know where the missing 6,000 seats have gone?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Okay. No bother. :thumbsup:

I think you are choosing to look at the case with a blinkered view that's all. Circumstances 90% more favourable for Hearts fans in this case

SectionDJambo

One thing is for sure. The uptake on these tickets fully justifies the fuss that Hearts made about the crazy arrangements the SPFL originally made.

The game is still nothing without the fans who turn up. Aberdeen fans have made their choice to hide away and watch it on tv. We’re coming out to support our team.

10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

One thing is for sure. The uptake on these tickets fully justifies the fuss that Hearts made about the crazy arrangements the SPFL originally made.

The game is still nothing without the fans who turn up. Aberdeen fans have made their choice to hide away and watch it on tv. We’re coming out to support our team.

:spoton:

This should be an occasion for the fans.  Had the match gone ahead as originally scheduled, we'd be lucky to have had half as many fans going through.

Even if we didn't have the issue of both OF teams playing in Europe, and the match had been scheduled for a 3pm kick-off at Hampden, Murrayfield would still have made more sense as it's going to allow more fans of both clubs to get to the game.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you are choosing to look at the case with a blinkered view that's all. Circumstances 90% more favourable for Hearts fans in this case

No realistic way of putting a percentage on it, mate. 

The things we do know for certain however:

Murrayfield definitely suits Hearts fans better.

Murrayfield would not suit Aberdeen fans any better than Hampden.

Aberdeen fans would not sell as many tickets for Murrayfield as we would. 

Aberdeen fans will not sell as many tickets for Hampden as we would.

There is very little, if any reason to believe that Murrayfield would suit Aberdeen any better than Hampden.

Aberdeen’s ticket sales have been laughable, and their own supporters say so.

Our ticket sales have been excellent.

my take pics of mine and my sons, when i pick them up

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Collected ours this morning. All ready in an envelope, but I had ordered online. 

Queue was about 20 mins, Tazio. 

Going with my son, 1st game together for a long time , even at the 1-5 final we were split, 

due to me giving him my season ticket but i got one at the last minute.

27 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Is that really the case?

We are split at the centre circle but are the east and west stands the same size? Am not sure that they are. Also there will be very few ‘blazers’ at an LC SF. And the data from our own sections (eg W22) suggests a very small segregation strip, with less than 1,000 seats lost to segregation.

Seats not taken up due to the hospitality not being in use at M-field ?

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

There is very little, if any reason to believe that Murrayfield would suit Aberdeen any better than Hampden.

This sounds about right. There's no doubt playing at Murrayfield has boosted our numbers compared to a match at Hampden the same day and time IMO just because of the location. It still doesn't give us an advantage in the game as Celtic will still at least equal our turnout. All it does is remove the advantage the OF clubs always have when playing at Hampden to even things up support-wise on the day. I also don't see how playing at Murrayfield would change Aberdeen's turnout one bit.

Edited by Guest

seanfergie1902
37 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Is that really the case?

Yeah you have about 4K/4.5k Hamden debencers plus sponsors, players family etc..

south morocco
1 minute ago, seanfergie1902 said:

Yeah you have about 4K/4.5k Hamden debencers plus sponsors, players family etc..

Does this game qualify for Hampden  debentures given its not at Hampden, just wondered?

17 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yes it would. 

Why are you posting the same thing so many different times?

Shouldnt you be on an Aberdeen forum instead?

Edited by dc-jambo
Forgot to type in my comment ?

2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Does this game qualify for Hampden  debentures given its not at Hampden, just wondered?

I would imagine that was part of the deal for letting the SPFL out of using Hampden

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Spot on. If only the spfl / sfa could see that their number1 job is to promote and develop the game here. 

My 8 year old cant wait to go to murrayfield. He was gobsmacked when I told him it was 3 times the size of tynecastle and we had sold 25,000 tickets. 

He’s now able to go with his pals and 7 of us are now going, none of us would have been at hampden on the Sunday evening. 

true for me and my two teenagers - all of us would have missed Hampden due to the difficulty travelling and getting back but all of us will be there at Murrayfield

42 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Is that really the case?

We’re not 100% on the segregation. The hearts end in the east stand stops a section short of the half way line. While in the West, we go straight up to it. We’re not sure where the Celtic end starts but we could lose 2k in segregation. 

Also, there is hospitality being run at Murrayfield for Hearts and Celtic fans, but given we’re also running our own at Tynecastle uptake my hearts fans is likely to be small. But there’s probably 500 spots for each set of fans. That’s another 1k. 

The club might actually have got closer to 31k tickets but rounded down. Same for Celtic, so that’s another 2k.

SPFL officials, Hampden debenture holder who want to go this game instead of Dons - Sevco, club officials, tickets for players families, etc is probably another 1k... 

That’s 66k right there.  

south morocco
5 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I would imagine that was part of the deal for letting the SPFL out of using Hampden

Thanks, Just wondered if Murrayfield had similar a debenture scheme and perhaps same thing applied.

13 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I don't think so. I was in corres with a company that I got corporate tickets from in 2012 for the cup final. They said they were waiting to see if their Hampden debenture tickets were valid for M-field. I never heard anything more, so I assume not.  

Edit - their site has Sheep v Huns game - tickets still available !!?

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

130 in Edinburgh doesn't suit them better than 430 in Glasgow?

I like you.  Have another think. 

I really don't like Aberdeen at all but since I travel regularly from there I do understand the dynamic of the journey ko  time and venue 

Edited by Sir Gio

5 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

We’re not 100% on the segregation. The hearts end in the east stand stops a section short of the half way line. While in the West, we go straight up to it. We’re not sure where the Celtic end starts but we could lose 2k in segregation. 

Also, there is hospitality being run at Murrayfield for Hearts and Celtic fans, but given we’re also running our own at Tynecastle uptake my hearts fans is likely to be small. But there’s probably 500 spots for each set of fans. That’s another 1k. 

The club might actually have got closer to 31k tickets but rounded down. Same for Celtic, so that’s another 2k.

SPFL officials, Hampden debenture holder who want to go this game instead of Dons - Sevco, club officials, tickets for players families, etc is probably another 1k... 

That’s 66k right there.  

Thanks - your right, that probably covers it.

also points to an attendance of around 64000.