Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

How many hospitality places have we sold now?  Does anyone know how much gross (minus the price of a ticket)) Heart's will make from the Tynecastle hospitality?

Could Heart's offer a similar thing for Scotland rugby games at Murrayfeld?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

58 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I would be amazed if we sell out. We have sold 17,500 so far with the majority of most loyal supports having their tickets already. Not sure where the additional 12,500 fans are coming from. We’ll have 25,000 there very max, more likey 21-22,000. 

What's making you think we can't make close to 30,000?

I know I reasoned earlier that its not a final but we had over 32,000 for the AEK match. Allowing for their support we must've had 30k or just over.

Again, I know that was a CL qualifying match but it proves the support is there for bigger occasions.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I would be amazed if we sell out. We have sold 17,500 so far with the majority of most loyal supports having their tickets already. Not sure where the additional 12,500 fans are coming from. We’ll have 25,000 there very max, more likey 21-22,000. 

I',m in the sell out camp too, 

I get the feeling a lot of people are underestimating the amount of tickets we will sell. novelty factor + families will surprise us all.

10 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

likely comment tonight about how many per account for tomorrow?

Was in shop earlier buying tickets for Dundee-girl said they’d announce tonight how many per purchaser in public sale once they’d finalised how many were available.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

What's making you think we can't make close to 30,000?

I know I reasoned earlier that its not a final but we had over 32,000 for the AEK match. Allowing for their support we must've had 30k or just over.

Again, I know that was a CL qualifying match but it proves the support is there for bigger occasions.

No chance they had 2,000 there that night. Be lucky if it was even approaching 500. 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No chance they had 2,000 there that night. Be lucky if it was even approaching 500. 

Agreed but there would be a fair few casual, non Hearts supporting attendees or family members who don't normally attend, for that one. Can't really compare with a Hearts Celtic game

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Athens game might be a decent barometer. Worth bearing 2 things in mind with that game, 1 for and 1 against.

It was a Wednesday, whilst this is weekend and holiday final treat?

Or, that was a safe environment with really only our own fans to worry about, no matter how hard people think they are, these games can be off putting with very young children

3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

If you take a look on the semi-final dot count thread, you'll see that there's a whole lot of season ticket holders who haven't bought yet because they want to get lots of seats together - and can only do that from tomorrow morning.

Correct season ticket holder in main stand with 4 other season ticket holders will be getting 6 possibly more tomorrow.

19 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Used to be used as fan bar at Edinburgh games, I think.

Murryfield hosp is quality, you will enjoy it.

I was in there for one of our games last season - it was at best disappointing. All Tennants beer, so not a great start. Food was shit as well, apart from the steak pies at half time. We had great seats, but a bit of a trek from the bar.

Wouldn't go back ... unless someone else paid :D

24 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Agreed but there would be a fair few casual, non Hearts supporting attendees or family members who don't normally attend, for that one. Can't really compare with a Hearts Celtic game

But the same is already happening with this game looking at a few comments on jkb. 

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But the same is already happening with this game looking at a few comments on jkb. 

I'd guess it's a slightly different set of people - more committed Hearts fans this time, less 'neutrals' than the Athens game. So a bit of uncertainty as to how many will be there. For example I'm taking my daughter (16) who goes to 4 or 5 games a year, and my son (17) who's coming up from London for the holidays. So that's plus two but I'd guess people visiting Edinburgh would be less likely - for example the methods for getting tickets aren't easy for casual visitors for obvious reasons. There will also be quite a few season ticket holders missing. 2 of the 10 or so I go with will be away on holidays planned before we got through. For a league match their seats would probably be taken by friends but this time obviously not.

I think we'll sell between 20-22,000 and Celtic about 25,000 but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong

August Landmesser

4 per person, 18k sold so far;

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/semi-final-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow 

Tickets for Hearts’ Betfred Cup Semi Final against Celtic at BT Murrayfield will go on general sale at 9am on Thursday 18th October.

The match kicks off at 1.30pm on Sunday 28th October. The club was allocated 30,000 tickets for the fixture, which went on sale to season ticket holders on the 11th October, giving them a week to take up their allocation.  To date, 18,000 tickets have already been snapped up.  A massive thank you to all who have purchased tickets to join the ‘sea of maroon' and support the team at Murrayfield.

The club pushed hard to have the original arrangements for the game changed, to allow as many as possible to be at our first semi-final for 5 years and make it a truly special occasion for Jambos of all ages. In order to support this and encourage groups of families and friends to enjoy the game together we are now able to offer 4 tickets per account in the general sale. If you have larger groups then please contact the ticket office who will do their best to help.  

Supporters who registered an account with Hearts either via the Ticket Office or on the eTicket's website on, or prior to, the 26th of September 2018 will be eligible to purchase tickets.  Season ticket holders who have purchased tickets already will, of course, also be able to buy additional tickets (to a maximum of 4 in total). 

Please remember that our ticket allocation is for Hearts supporters.  Please also remember that the purchaser is responsible for the behaviour of the ticket holder.

Seats are available to purchase in the East, West and South Stands at BT Murrayfield at the following prices:

• Adults: £25-£30
  • Concessions (U16s & 65+): £10 (Please note: Concession tickets are pre-dominantly available in the South Stand sections, with a very limited number also available in the East and West stands.)
  • Wheelchair Users: *SOLD OUT*

Supporters can purchase tickets from 9am tomorrow via the club’s three sales channels:

• Over the phone: 0333 043 1874 (option 1, then 1)
  • Online at Hearts eTickets
  • In person: At the Hearts Ticket Office on McLeod Street

12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I'd guess it's a slightly different set of people - more committed Hearts fans this time, less 'neutrals' than the Athens game. So a bit of uncertainty as to how many will be there. For example I'm taking my daughter (16) who goes to 4 or 5 games a year, and my son (17) who's coming up from London for the holidays. So that's plus two but I'd guess people visiting Edinburgh would be less likely - for example the methods for getting tickets aren't easy for casual visitors for obvious reasons. There will also be quite a few season ticket holders missing. 2 of the 10 or so I go with will be away on holidays planned before we got through. For a league match their seats would probably be taken by friends but this time obviously not.

I think we'll sell between 20-22,000 and Celtic about 25,000 but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong

Agree re our sales but I think Celtic will sell out.

There's a season ticket holding Celtic fan in our office (who's from Glasgow) and he's saying that he struggled to get tickets but managed eventually.

He's coming through with his family (also ST holders) and said only he would've gone if the game had been at Hampden.

There's also plenty of them based in the East of Scotland and I think that, along with the novelty factor of Murrayfield will ensure they sell out.

Edit - Just noticed that we've sold 18,000 so hopefully reach 25K which would be a great effort.

Edited by Rudolf

I wonder what time the first person in the queue will arrive? Perhaps they’ve arrived already!  Have a nice night!!

47 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

4 per person, 18k sold so far;

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/semi-final-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow 

Tickets for Hearts’ Betfred Cup Semi Final against Celtic at BT Murrayfield will go on general sale at 9am on Thursday 18th October.

The match kicks off at 1.30pm on Sunday 28th October. The club was allocated 30,000 tickets for the fixture, which went on sale to season ticket holders on the 11th October, giving them a week to take up their allocation.  To date, 18,000 tickets have already been snapped up.  A massive thank you to all who have purchased tickets to join the ‘sea of maroon' and support the team at Murrayfield.

The club pushed hard to have the original arrangements for the game changed, to allow as many as possible to be at our first semi-final for 5 years and make it a truly special occasion for Jambos of all ages. In order to support this and encourage groups of families and friends to enjoy the game together we are now able to offer 4 tickets per account in the general sale. If you have larger groups then please contact the ticket office who will do their best to help.  

Supporters who registered an account with Hearts either via the Ticket Office or on the eTicket's website on, or prior to, the 26th of September 2018 will be eligible to purchase tickets.  Season ticket holders who have purchased tickets already will, of course, also be able to buy additional tickets (to a maximum of 4 in total). 

Please remember that our ticket allocation is for Hearts supporters.  Please also remember that the purchaser is responsible for the behaviour of the ticket holder.

Seats are available to purchase in the East, West and South Stands at BT Murrayfield at the following prices:

• Adults: £25-£30
  • Concessions (U16s & 65+): £10 (Please note: Concession tickets are pre-dominantly available in the South Stand sections, with a very limited number also available in the East and West stands.)
  • Wheelchair Users: *SOLD OUT*

Supporters can purchase tickets from 9am tomorrow via the club’s three sales channels:

I can see a few having an issue with the limit of four per person. Don’t envy the TO staff having to deal with all this - hope they’re well rewarded by the club. 

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I wonder what time the first person in the queue will arrive? Perhaps they’ve arrived already!  Have a nice night!!

They're already there...

queue.jpg

11 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I can see a few having an issue with the limit of four per person. Don’t envy the TO staff having to deal with all this - hope they’re well rewarded by the club. 

What would the issue be?

CornhillHearts
21 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

“If you have larger groups then please contact the ticket office who will do their best to help.”

3 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

“If you have larger groups then please contact the ticket office who will do their best to help.”

Exactly .

6 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

All unsold tickets should be bought by hearts and passed on to schools 

Bollocks , that would cost the club a small fortune.

2 minutes ago, EH16 said:

Bollocks , that would cost the club a small fortune.

The club makes plenty from the fans, give something back and any new supporters gained pays the club back anyway over the years

1 minute ago, ethan14 said:

The club makes plenty from the fans, give something back and any new supporters gained pays the club back anyway over the years

So the club buy the tickets for the schools and three quarters of that money from the buying of the tickets will go to Sheep,Celtic and Rangers... no thanks.

13 minutes ago, EH16 said:

So the club buy the tickets for the schools and three quarters of that money from the buying of the tickets will go to Sheep,Celtic and Rangers... no thanks.

Good business sense to me could win alot of new supporters through it and who is to say alot will be left 

It will be interesting to see the surge in sales once they go on public sale.

I reckon we'll sell over 5,000 tomorrow, it could be close to over 10,000 by the end of the weekend.

11 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Good business sense to me could win alot of new supporters through it and who is to say alot will be left 

Good idea at first glance. 

Only problem being that children receiving these tickets would need accompanying adults which would increase the cost significantly. 

I've now changed my view on our sales since the club update on sales. We only have to shift 12K more tickets now and there seems to be loads of people holding off until the public sale in order to bring family and friends. 

I'm predicting upwards of 26k now maybe even a sell out.

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

That’s my point... I think quite a few will have to do that, hence more work for the TO on a hugely busy week for them. 

I can't believe anyone with even a passing interest in Hearts not at least considering attending. It's up to everyone to encourage those punters, friends, colleagues, acquaintances to buy one. 

If we manage 5k tomorrow, then the signs are looking really good for the weekend. Get a win against Aberdeen, then we could be sitting on 26k come Sunday night.

Might be a daft question, but here goes. So it says 4 per account - does that mean we can assign to others in our network on eTickets to get more than 4 tickets?

CornhillHearts
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

That’s my point... I think quite a few will have to do that, hence more work for the TO on a hugely busy week for them. 

Righto, apologies-  misinterpreted your post

3 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

Might be a daft question, but here goes. So it says 4 per account - does that mean we can assign to others in our network on eTickets to get more than 4 tickets?

4 per person I would think. So yes.  

4 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

I would imagine yes, I always get the tickets for 8 of us and last week i could have got 16 as I'm assigned to their accounts so i presume you can get 4 for everyone on your network.

7 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

Yeah I believe so, you'll be able to assign 4 tickets to the one reference number, if you want 5 - 8 tickets you'll need 2 reference numbers etc.

However for anyone going to the ticket office or phoning them I don't believe this will be much of an issue for this phase from past experience, they are usually pretty accommodating. The etickets site will require it though to allow you to proceed.  

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

I'm really encouraged by this and a good win against Aberdeen could take us close to 30,000.

It's a fact of life that every club has fair weather supporters who only back their team when its winning.  The word "supporter" doesnt really describe these people but they're more than welcome imo.

5 hours ago, Statto said:

It will be interesting to see the surge in sales once they go on public sale.

I reckon we'll sell over 5,000 tomorrow, it could be close to over 10,000 by the end of the weekend.

I predict that 5,000 will be sold by midday Thursday! Leaving only 7,000 left for sale for the rest of the day!!

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think there will be many left by Sunday to be honest 

Hope you are right and that will shut up those moaning Ceptic fans about unfair ticket allocation.

Not sure how this works but, when the tickets go on general sale what is there to stop Celtic -minded individuals turning up at Tynecastle and buying tickets for our end? 

2 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Not sure how this works but, when the tickets go on general sale what is there to stop Celtic -minded individuals turning up at Tynecastle and buying tickets for our end? 

They wont have any record of buying tickets (for our end) for a Hearts game. i.e. an account with Hearts.