Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

34 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Loyalty points are awarded to those that go and support the team. Not the club. 

While it's great people support the club by buying merchandise etc, its only right that those that go home and away get first crack at tickets. 

If people don't want to miss out get off the internet and go to games or at least stop moaning about it. 

Agreed ?

Also if you can afford it get a ST then you won't have to worry about tickets for big games or the cost of Cat A  tickets at Tynecastle.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Agreed ?

Also if you can afford it get a ST then you won't have to worry about tickets for big games or the cost of Cat A  tickets at Tynecastle.

Have we had any of the "I had a season ticket for twenty years until I had to give it up three years ago because of (insert sad story here)" bridge in? 

You got the benefit of your season ticket then. If you don't have one now tough shit. 

49 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

While it's great people support the club by buying merchandise etc, its only right that those that go home and away get first crack at tickets. 

If people don't want to miss out get off the internet and go to games or at least stop moaning about it. 

The point some posters were making earlier in this thread (not me I hasten to add) is that loyalty points have not been used for the semi. So if you don't have a season ticket for whatever reason but but tickets when you can whether it be home or away then you are awarded loyalty point sbut they have not been considered for this game in favour of season tickets.

I am just pointing out this fact, I don't have a problem with the way the club have sold the tickets because I still think we will have loads of tickets left for everyone who wants one to get one

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't think anyone's talking about excluding or delaying these people, just giving high LP holders the right to buy a ticket in the first phase too.

As someone else said, if you set the LP threshold at ST level you'll get everyone who's entitled as it stands just now, plus the few who've still earned it but without an ST. There would be no need for extra phases or longer phases, it's just giving high LP holders the same right to a ticket as an ST holder's mate.

It really is the core of what LPs are meant to be for. 

Totally agree with this. LPs should have been used and the buying threshold sat at 20. That would have enabled those of us who have STs this season to buy plus anybody who had a ST last season or who has ammasssed 20 points through buying single tickets. 

If all the season ticket holders use there +1 that's 26,000 tickets and add on hospitality (estimated at 700 already), sponsors and players allocation call it 1,000; by my reckoning that would leave about 3,000 for public sale.

Big if - we only used 3 of our 4 , as I'm away on holiday and my daughter works weekends, however if the take up is high from season  ticket holders the public sale could be "interesting". Anyone now if there is a possibility of more tickets being made available I  the event of a sell out?

7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

If all the season ticket holders use there +1 that's 26,000 tickets and add on hospitality (estimated at 700 already), sponsors and players allocation call it 1,000; by my reckoning that would leave about 3,000 for public sale.

Big if - we only used 3 of our 4 , as I'm away on holiday and my daughter works weekends, however if the take up is high from season  ticket holders the public sale could be "interesting". Anyone now if there is a possibility of more tickets being made available I  the event of a sell out?

We 100% won’t sell out and anyone who wants a ticket will get one. No danger every ST holder will but two. Of my group of pals, only two out of six of us have taken up the option to buy an extra ticket.

Club pulls out all the stops to get the game changed so every single supporter that wants to go will get the chance.and still there is greetin :rofl:

The Wrinkly Ninja
12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Any parent that demands their children do as they did and do not encourage freedom of thought are bad parents.

Its as simple as that.

If his kid is so free of thought why doesn’t he freely think about buying a ticket for his own end?

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

Grown adults arguing over “who’s a better fan” or “who’s more deserving”  ffs, we are all hearts fans at the end of the day and have as much right as anyone else to go and support our team. Yes there’s ways that you can help yourself get a ticket for these matches, but it doesn’t make you any more “deserving” of a ticket that anyone else. The system hearts use isn’t “fullproof” but it does try and reward fans for going to games which is fair, but as the saying goes, you can’t please everyone and there will always be people that miss out. Like I said though, sitting trying to justify why you deserve a ticket over someone else because you have spent 139.60 in the club shop or bought 10 pies at half time cos your a fat ******* is laughable. We all just want to support our bloody club. 

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Have we had any of the "I had a season ticket for twenty years until I had to give it up three years ago because of (insert sad story here)" bridge in? 

You got the benefit of your season ticket then. If you don't have one now tough shit. 

There's been a few of them.

They are the ones shouting loudest about how loyalty points should have equal status to ST holders.

They are probably part of the 700 or so who didn't bother renewing this season. It's because of them that the Hibs outsold us for STs this season.

The club is quite right to look after the people who stuck with us this season.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

While I agree with your sentiments, the last part isn’t true on this occasion.  You don’t have to go to any games to get a ticket for this game, you just need to know a ST holder or just wait for the general sale.  You don’t even need to be a Hearts fan - we’ve already read about folk taking a Celtic supporting son or Hibby wife or folk not even into football.  I think the fact this is where people think the club have got it a wee bit wrong - that some fans that do support the club and don’t have a ST are behind in the queue after the non fans with ST mates.

Bottom line though is everyone will get a ticket that wants one.  They might just not be sitting where they want to be.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They are the ones shouting loudest about how loyalty points should have equal status to ST holders.

They are probably part of the 700 or so who didn't bother renewing this season. It's because of them that the Hibs outsold us for STs this season.

Are they right to look after the folk that haven’t put a penny into the club, ever, first over folk who have put thousands in the past and are still regular or semi regular attendees?

13 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

This place is mental at times :lol:

You have to think that the majority that are making up our 18,000ish home crowds will go to this, when you add in family members etc its hard to tell how much that will take it up to, 20 - 22k-ish would be disappointing IMO, upwards of 25,000 would be a good effort.

With Jalbo's count showing roughly 17,000 sold so far, I reckon we'll be around 18-19,000 come the public sale, which may add an extra 2,000 - 3,000 to take us up to 22,000ish. Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic, but that would be on the disappointing side.

That number would look impressive on the TV however. Both tiers of the East Stand (that TV faces) full and also bottom tiers of behind the goal and West stand.

We took 30k plus to Hampden for the final in 2013 when we were utter guff and battling relegation. Top of the league, semi at Murrayfield, no excuse for not selling this out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We took 30k plus to Hampden for the final in 2013 when we were utter guff and battling relegation. Top of the league, semi at Murrayfield, no excuse for not selling this out.

Not really. 44k and 17k were St Mirren plus corporate and debentures 

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Club pulls out all the stops to get the game changed so every single supporter that wants to go will get the chance.and still there is greetin :rofl:

And there’s the guaranteed greetin about the greetin.?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

No it's not. 

Encouraging freedom of thought when it comes to following a football team would have the whole world supporting Real Madrid, Manchester United, Celtic etc.

Parental influence is the major reason smaller clubs survive.

Correct. My kids are free to choose in their own lives as they wish. Except for football teams! Thankfully, I've succeeded in that.

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not really. 44k and 17k were St Mirren plus corporate and debentures 

There’s no way that St Mirren had 17k there that day.  10k max, we had the full North Stand, East Stand and majority of the South Stand.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

There’s no way that St Mirren had 17k there that day.  10k max, we had the full North Stand, East Stand and majority of the South Stand.  

They did, why wouldn't they, massive day out for them. We didn't have the majority of the South and I stared across at huge gaps from the East seats that were not taken. No point in trying to rewrite history

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

This

If you are a great dad chances are your child will want to support the same team / be the same as you anyway.

No forcing required.

3 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Correct. If only we had some kind of loyalty points system that recognises this..

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sorry but you’re way off the mark there.  It’s already been discussed earlier in this thread I think but they easily sold their initial 14,000 allocation and got more but were complaining they didn’t get even more.  We got an extra allocation but didn’t sell it.  Maximum of 27,000 Jambos there which was really poor considering what Hibs took to a couple of LC finals.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I had a season ticket last season. I don't expect anything. I do hope tho. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I've lived abroad for ten years, have very few LPs as I've only been able to afford a couple of games since I've been back and will need to wait for the general sale (if I can afford it at all!) no matter what. This isn't fueled by self interest, just that LPs are meant for exactly this purpose and that currently thousands of people who are no more than a mate of an ST holder are in the queue ahead of much more loyal fans. 

No ST holder would lose out as they're LP holders too and everyone could still get a +1 as they won't all get taken up. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I had a season ticket last season. I don't expect anything. I do hope tho. 

I’m sure you’ll get a ticket but also you must feel more entitled to a ticket than the non Jambos who will be in our end?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

We 100% won’t sell out and anyone who wants a ticket will get one. No danger every ST holder will but two. Of my group of pals, only two out of six of us have taken up the option to buy an extra ticket.

The 3 ST holders I sit beside in C never go to games against Celtic (I think they got hassled after the game where Lennon got decked) and one of the guys I work with who has a seat in V isn’t going either, presumably because he feels it’s no worth £25. I also feel it’s unlikely it sells out. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've lived abroad for ten years, have very few LPs as I've only been able to afford a couple of games since I've been back and will need to wait for the general sale (if I can afford it at all!) no matter what. This isn't fueled by self interest, just that LPs are meant for exactly this purpose and that currently thousands of people who are no more than a mate of an ST holder are in the queue ahead of much more loyal fans. 

No ST holder would lose out as they're LP holders too and everyone could still get a +1 as they won't all get taken up. 

Spot on.  Can’t believe that there’s folk not getting this.  All they had to do was come up with a sensible LP threshold and make them available at same time as STs.  Maybe even only one ticket to LP holders and still 2 to ST holders.  

I get where the club are coming from but they should have tweaked it a bit.  Makes out that they don’t care about the normal walk up fans.  I realise they want get as close to a sell out as possible though - one more reason for it being good if we can nearly sell out is that is makes it easier for the club to ask for 50/50 split if we get Sevco in final because you can guarantee their self entitlement will mean them asking for more!

SectionDJambo

The loyalty points system has sound merit, in that it gives fans who go to the most matches, a better chance of getting tickets where there are only a limited number available.

There are, though, in my opinion, a few flaws to the system and improvements that could be made. 

For instance, having enough points to get a ticket for either of the away grounds of the old firm, which are very restricted, then entitles you to another generous award of more loyalty points. So the more you have, the more you are going to get, over fans who maybe go regularly but haven’t managed built up their total to qualify for these tickets. In cases where availability of tickets is low, I think the award of loyalty points should also be low.

Where Hearts should award a good number of points, is for a home game that doesn’t hold much appeal these days, for instance, the 2 home group games that were played in the League Cup this season or a Scottish Cup tie at home. The fairly recent home cup ties with Celtic and Aberdeen were a case in point, in that plenty people said they were just going to watch on tv. A generous points award for attending may have encouraged a bigger home support for these games.

There will be no trouble for anyone, wanting to go to Murrayfield, getting a ticket. Loyalty points are not really needed, and it would be realistic to expect most season ticket holders to also have a good points total. So why not give season ticket holders, who get little other benefit for paying up front for every home game to Hearts’ benefit, the chance to encourage family or friends to come along, to maybe kindle a more regular interest.

23 minutes ago, JCR said:

The 3 ST holders I sit beside in C never go to games against Celtic (I think they got hassled after the game where Lennon got decked) and one of the guys I work with who has a seat in V isn’t going either, presumably because he feels it’s no worth £25. I also feel it’s unlikely it sells out. 

Need to grow a pair to be honest. “Hassled”!!!! Amazing.  

40 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m sure you’ll get a ticket but also you must feel more entitled to a ticket than the non Jambos who will be in our end?

Of course. 

32 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The loyalty points system has sound merit, in that it gives fans who go to the most matches, a better chance of getting tickets where there are only a limited number available.

There are, though, in my opinion, a few flaws to the system and improvements that could be made. 

For instance, having enough points to get a ticket for either of the away grounds of the old firm, which are very restricted, then entitles you to another generous award of more loyalty points. So the more you have, the more you are going to get, over fans who maybe go regularly but haven’t managed built up their total to qualify for these tickets. In cases where availability of tickets is low, I think the award of loyalty points should also be low.

Where Hearts should award a good number of points, is for a home game that doesn’t hold much appeal these days, for instance, the 2 home group games that were played in the League Cup this season or a Scottish Cup tie at home. The fairly recent home cup ties with Celtic and Aberdeen were a case in point, in that plenty people said they were just going to watch on tv. A generous points award for attending may have encouraged a bigger home support for these games.

There will be no trouble for anyone, wanting to go to Murrayfield, getting a ticket. Loyalty points are not really needed, and it would be realistic to expect most season ticket holders to also have a good points total. So why not give season ticket holders, who get little other benefit for paying up front for every home game to Hearts’ benefit, the chance to encourage family or friends to come along, to maybe kindle a more regular interest.

There were only 2 points available for the recent match at Ibrox, so hardly generous. Also, we didn't even sell out prior to the LP threshold being cut suggesting that there wasn't huge demand and/or few of the "diehard" supporters wanted a ticket. You would get more LPs for a trip to Pittodrie and there are rarely any issues for people getting tickets to that, even on a low tally. So, if people want to build up points there are plenty of opportunitiea to do so.

As for the Scotland Supporters Club, it is extremely difficult to build up points to get to popular away matches. I accept that though as the are a huge number of diehards in the Tartan Army who go to every/most away games so they deserve first dibs.

Edited by Jambos_1874

4 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Agreed.  Loyalty isn't measured by the size of your wallet.

Edited by Wilo

Who cares at end of the day as long as it sells out, club should say everyone without loyalty points or season tickets has to attend semi final for any chance whatsoever of a final ticket 

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Who cares at end of the day as long as it sells out, club should say everyone without loyalty points or season tickets has to attend semi final for any chance whatsoever of a final ticket 

Don’t think there’s much chance for anyone without ST or loyalty points getting a final ticket.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t think there’s much chance for anyone without ST or loyalty points getting a final ticket.

If it's done on points there should be 

55 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Need to grow a pair to be honest. “Hassled”!!!! Amazing.  

Two of them are mid 70’s I think, even by Wheatfield loyal standards they’ve, well, supported the team longer. Can understand not everyone wanting to go. 

On 12/10/2018 at 19:43, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

By people, you mean--you.

I'm not odd, I'm unique. My cat says so. 

Doesn't seem like I was alone in believing you’re capable of such oddball behaviour, eh?

Francis Albert
49 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Should worry about it if and when it happens ... but for a final ST holders will be limited to one each so everyone with an ST and  those non-ST holders with a decent number of Loyalty Points will be OK - I am not sure why anyone without either should expect one or feel aggrieved if they don't get one.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Doesn't seem like I was alone in believing you’re capable of such oddball behaviour, eh?

Some folk followed your lead. 

Advice for them-

Fool me once.... 

I'd also be a bit slower to judge someone from a online football profile. Might make you or anyone look like a dafty, especially when taken of Context and jumping in, without reading back the full conversation. 

As I said, stand down soldier, relax. Be cool. 

:fonzie:

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Should worry about it if and when it happens ... but for a final ST holders will be limited to one each so everyone with an ST and  those non-ST holders with a decent number of Loyalty Points will be OK - I am not sure why anyone without either should expect one or feel aggrieved if they don't get one.

Yip. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Spot on.  Can’t believe that there’s folk not getting this.  All they had to do was come up with a sensible LP threshold and make them available at same time as STs.  Maybe even only one ticket to LP holders and still 2 to ST holders.  

I get where the club are coming from but they should have tweaked it a bit.  Makes out that they don’t care about the normal walk up fans.  I realise they want get as close to a sell out as possible though - one more reason for it being good if we can nearly sell out is that is makes it easier for the club to ask for 50/50 split if we get Sevco in final because you can guarantee their self entitlement will mean them asking for more!

Won't matter who is in the final on this occasion it will be a 50/50 split.

Sevco will probably ask for more but they will just be chancing their mitts as they do.

Presumably the ticket office has to stagger sales anyway. If they put them on sale to most of the fan base at the start and then the office can’t cope that day, who does that help? 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Correct. If only we had some kind of loyalty points system that recognises this..

Yes, hopefully they realise that someone that buys a strip once a season is as deserving of a ticket to a big game as someone that travels home and away. Otherwise said stay at home Internet fans might moan. 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Loyalty points are used when demand is likely to exceed supply. 

This clearly isn’t the  case here with 30,000 tickets available. 

Even allowing for half the season ticket holders gettting a ticket for a mate, there’s still going to be 10,000 (mainly upper tier) available in the general sale and that will be more than sufficient. 

14 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Loyalty points are used when demand is likely to exceed supply. 

This clearly isn’t the  case here with 30,000 tickets available. 

Even allowing for half the season ticket holders gettting a ticket for a mate, there’s still going to be 10,000 (mainly upper tier) available in the general sale and that will be more than sufficient. 

Hearts Loyalty Points are used to determine access to tickets for matches where there is high demand, such Semi-Finals and Finals or away matches.

But I'll stop, I'm not that bothered, just saying