Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

hampdenharttley
4 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Arf, fair play. I like you now. 

Truth is what we all aspire to, probably why I hate your taig son :lol:

although I love he is called Billy, he must love that? 

Meet up with him he's a black belt 6ft3 and tell him you hate him that would be a scream

Though he did say Da FFS  am the only Billy in a RC school 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 hour ago, hampdenharttley said:

My Tim Son will soon be studying Law and aint mentally challenged thanks.My younger Son is a Jambo though and will also be going.I despise Celtic but big enough to put family first , but you fill your boots on line 

Nice response mate but should have been treated like the shit on the shoe it was....

My Tim Son will soon be studying Law and aint mentally challenged thanks.My younger Son is a Jambo though and will also be going.I despise Celtic but big enough to put family first , but you fill your boots on line 

How can you let your son grown up to be a Celtic supporter?

Sorry but that is absolutely brutal. Everyone of my family are Jambos. I am a 4th generation Hearts supporter.

If my wee boy grew up to be a Celtic supporter he would be kicked out the family and rightly so!!

hampdenharttley
Just now, Lambo85 said:

Sorry but that is absolutely brutal. Everyone of my family are Jambos. I am a 4th generation Hearts supporter.

If my wee boy grew up to be a Celtic supporter he would be kicked out the family and rightly so!!

He never stayed with me , i split up with his Mum when he was a tot..they go to a certain school and thats it, but so fu k Re..My Sisters a Hibby as are a few of my family..My other 2 kids are Hearts....Family first football 2nd

Just now, Lambo85 said:

My stepson is a Celtic supporter but I had nothing to do with his upbringing. My wife's ex is responsible for that.

Last time he was at a Celtic game was about 25 years ago.

Needless to say he will not be getting my +1 ticket.

hampdenharttley
7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

SURE ^^^^

old school tie
58 minutes ago, hampdenharttley said:

Bet you are single, anyway bye

I went to his wedding. It looks like there's no cigar for you.

6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

So did I, as I had come out of Merchiston Hearts and walked along Russell Road and the turnstiles came first. I did come under the bridge for one of the games we played last year and those gates were locked, and I may have jumped to the conclusion that was the case for all the league games we played there. I do remember leaving the first league game we played there, with the intention of heading back up to Gorgie Road, and it took about 25 minutes just to get under the railway bridge. I'd imagine it could be busier this time round with more people leaving and possibly hoping to avoid contact with Celtic fans heading back up Roseburn towards Glasgow Road/Haymarket Station.

I remember at the Barcelona game with a 58k crowd that bridge was a nightmare. We were in the West that day so had to go round the back of the South but it was very very slow in both directions. 

I believe you can also get into the West and South by going over the Water of Leith footbridge at the end of Baird Drive and crossing the car park. Is that correct? 

Edited by stuart500

Listen bud i fecking hate celtic, despise them, been lifted against them  but I split  up with (you will like this) ''Billy's'' Mum when he was a tot.He went to an RC school  and the rest is history.But he's my lad and I love him so I put my bigotry and hate to a side  and will enjoy the day Re of the outcome rather than battling at the Haymarket ?

:rofl: Class

...a bit disco
Just now, Barack said:

D3AA42B2-7AB2-4432-A589-9617A3CF49FF.jpeg.ba4c9b23166377484213f31e618e8bbb.jpeg

Thought you'd have enough problems with water just now?

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

What a pair of knobs?

ps anyone who disagrees is welcome to meet me behind the wheatfield stand at 2.55pm before any game of their choice and we can settle our differences then. 

5 mins should do it no matter how many of you turn up as I’m a 6’ 8 sodoku black belt. 

THIS IS NO HOAX. 

????

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

What a pair of knobs?

ps anyone who disagrees is welcome to meet me behind the wheatfield stand at 2.55pm before any game of their choice and we can settle our differences then. 

5 mins should do it no matter how many of you turn up as I’m a 6’ 8 sodoku black belt. 

THIS IS NO HOAX. 

Git tae.

Ah'll crossword the shit oot ye.

:biggrin:

Fxxx the SPFL
16 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

What a pair of knobs?

THIS IS NO HOAX. 

Fake news lol

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

In order to sell 30,000 tickets we need the wives, girlfriends, kids and mates that you talk about but this group would be less likely to attend if they can’t sit with partners, parents, etc.

I don't think anyone's talking about excluding or delaying these people, just giving high LP holders the right to buy a ticket in the first phase too.

As someone else said, if you set the LP threshold at ST level you'll get everyone who's entitled as it stands just now, plus the few who've still earned it but without an ST. There would be no need for extra phases or longer phases, it's just giving high LP holders the same right to a ticket as an ST holder's mate.

It really is the core of what LPs are meant to be for. 

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

I believe you can also get into the West and South by going over the Water of Leith footbridge at the end of Baird Drive and crossing the car park. Is that correct? 

Yes you can. Parked in or near Baird Drive for a couple of our games at MF last season. Cross the footbridge and across the rugby pitches to the turnstiles behind the West Stand (south west corner).

9 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Yes you can. Parked in or near Baird Drive for a couple of our games at MF last season. Cross the footbridge and across the rugby pitches to the turnstiles behind the West Stand (south west corner).

Cheers mate. Think that's going to be my way in and out. 

11 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

This is very good to know. Wasn’t sure if it was possible or if they would have something blocking access. 

3 hours ago, hampdenharttley said:

Oh dear .... must be the mother’s influence!!

2 hours ago, hampdenharttley said:

He never stayed with me , i split up with his Mum when he was a tot..they go to a certain school and thats it, but so fu k Re..My Sisters a Hibby as are a few of my family..My other 2 kids are Hearts....Family first football 2nd

Sad story ...... dysfunctional family .... call in social services!!

Seriously :- stay calm, love your family, sounds like you are a good dad. But when we win this match and you celebrate with your youngest just tell your oldest that’s its a democracy and it’s not to late to be a Jambo!!

12 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

This is very good to know. Wasn’t sure if it was possible or if they would have something blocking access. 

Yes the more folk aware that this is the best way to get into the "Hearts End" the better. Will avoid the crush and unnecessary queuing at the west approach Road bridge. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

What a cracker...  says mentally challenged and am poor Da and am at the wind up

My son is a lovely guy  and we will enjoy the game, he wont say he haw but if anyone has a problem on here so be it couldnt care less

Listen bud i fecking hate celtic, despise them, been lifted against them  but I split  up with (you will like this) ''Billy's'' Mum when he was a tot.He went to an RC school  and the rest is history.But he's my lad and I love him so I put my bigotry and hate to a side  and will enjoy the day Re of the outcome rather than battling at the Haymarket ?

2 hours ago, hampdenharttley said:

Meet up with him he's a black belt 6ft3 and tell him you hate him that would be a scream

Though he did say Da FFS  am the only Billy in a RC school 

Wow. Just, wow. 

2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

:lol:

All over the place.

Bigots and bad parents abound!

This place is mental at times :lol:

You have to think that the majority that are making up our 18,000ish home crowds will go to this, when you add in family members etc its hard to tell how much that will take it up to, 20 - 22k-ish would be disappointing IMO, upwards of 25,000 would be a good effort.

With Jalbo's count showing roughly 17,000 sold so far, I reckon we'll be around 18-19,000 come the public sale, which may add an extra 2,000 - 3,000 to take us up to 22,000ish. Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic, but that would be on the disappointing side.

That number would look impressive on the TV however. Both tiers of the East Stand (that TV faces) full and also bottom tiers of behind the goal and West stand.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think anyone's talking about excluding or delaying these people, just giving high LP holders the right to buy a ticket in the first phase too.

As someone else said, if you set the LP threshold at ST level you'll get everyone who's entitled as it stands just now, plus the few who've still earned it but without an ST. There would be no need for extra phases or longer phases, it's just giving high LP holders the same right to a ticket as an ST holder's mate.

It really is the core of what LPs are meant to be for. 

Agreed, but the loyalty point system is intended for situations where demand outstrips supply. This isn’t the case here, there are plenty tickets for all.

If we take our 13,000 season ticket holders and then add 2,001+ loyalty point holders equivalent to season ticket level then the ‘+1’ offer can’t be honoured in a single sales phase. By not offering the +1 you run the risk of greatly reducing the day trippers who are required to get us anywhere near 30,000.

Any remaining loyalty point holders are likely to be far more motivated to snap up the remaining tickets in the second sales phase compared to the day trippers who would now be expected to come along and sit on their own.

This is an unusual situation where Hearts have more tickets than general demand will require so they have devised a strategy to try and maximise overall sales therefore providing greater overall backing for the team.

Was this the level of ticket drama that was going on across many Hearts supporting households pre internet days?  

We’ll never know of course, but I really hope it wasn’t going by this place!  :lol:

5 hours ago, ando said:

Bought 2 football tops 2 training tops, some shorts, holiday towel , watch, and some golf stuff .

No loyalty points.

I wasn't complaining. I already have my tickets because I'm a season ticket holder and was responding to someone who was suggesting that the loyalty points system should have been used instead of selling to season ticket holders first.

Maybe the Club should consider what fans spend in the club shop but then again I was in Bar 1874 on Saturday night and spent a few bob before 8 of us went on to the Soul Kings in the Gorgie Suite at £45 a head and as far as I know I never got any points for that. 

I'm not complaining though because I like seeing the club I support benefitting from the money my friends and I spend within the club.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I wasn't complaining. I already have my tickets because I'm a season ticket holder and was responding to someone who was suggesting that the loyalty points system should have been used instead of selling to season ticket holders first.

Maybe the Club should consider what fans spend in the club shop but then again I was in Bar 1874 on Saturday night and spent a few bob before 8 of us went on to the Soul Kings in the Gorgie Suite at £45 a head and as far as I know I never got any points for that. 

I'm not complaining though because I like seeing the club I support benefitting from the money my friends and I spend within the club.

Davy you should get extra points for this you don't have to be a season ticket holder to be loyal.

PS I heard you only had 7 rounds at the bar and you were last man .

August Landmesser
5 hours ago, cheetah said:

To be fair everyone goes to uni these days, so I wouldn't be overly proud. 

Aye, because it's cheap as chips to go to uni these days, easy as **** to get in too. Yeah, nothing to shout about.

People have different levels of achievement, be proud of whatever makes you proud. 

23 minutes ago, ando said:

Davy you should get extra points for this you don't have to be a season ticket holder to be loyal.

PS I heard you only had 7 rounds at the bar and you were last man .

Not true, I am usually first to get the round in.

portobellojambo1
53 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I'm not disagreeing with what you say, but I do suspect you may well find that in terms of loyalty points it wouldn't make as big a difference as you maybe think. Most of those I associate with are ST holders, go regularly (i.e. every game) to away games and also spend a lot of money in the club shop and put money into the club in other ways. My SC held a function in the club over the Summer for example, and in terms of the cost to our club and the money taken behind the bar from those who attended I would guess it generated income to the club of around £7,500. As a club we also have a very healthy shareholding in HMFC, but for these sort of things we have never looked for any additional loyalty points. I do tend to think, as I said, that while there will be a few exceptions I suspect that most of those who attract loyalty points through their ST and points gained from away games also put loads of money into the club in different ways and at the end of the day there wouldn't be huge differences in the current make up of the loyalty points totals as such, as many of those who already have a reasonable number of points might just end up with even more.

It is the sort of discussion that comes up every time there is a game where people want to be there but worry they may not have enough loyalty points. I genuinely think that most, if not all, people who want to be at Murrayfield for the game against Celtic will secure a ticket. They may not be able to sit next to the people they'd like to (i.e. groups may not get seats together) but actually being there shouldn't be a problem and the people they do sit next to will be HMFC fans as well.

Edited by portobellojambo1

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not disagreeing with what you say, but I do suspect you may well find that in terms of loyalty points it wouldn't make as big a difference as you maybe think. Most of those I associate with are ST holders, go regularly (i.e. every game) to away games and also spend a lot of money in the club shop and put money into the club in other ways. My SC held a function in the club over the Summer for example, and in terms of the cost to our club and the money taken behind the bar from those who attended I would guess it generated income to the club of around £7,500. As a club we also have a very healthy shareholding in HMFC, but for these sort of things we have never looked for any additional loyalty points. I do tend to think, as I said, that while there will be a few exceptions I suspect that most of those who attract loyalty points through their ST and points gained from away games also put loads of money into the club in different ways and at the end of the day there wouldn't be huge differences in the current make up of the loyalty points totals as such, as many of those who already have a reasonable number of points might just end up with even more.

It is the sort of discussion that comes up every time there is a game where people want to be there but worry they may not have enough loyalty points. I genuinely think that most, if not all, people who want to be at Murrayfield for the game against Celtic will secure a ticket. They may not be able to sit next to the people they'd like to (i.e. groups may not get seats together) but actually being there shouldn't be a problem and the people they do sit next to will be HMFC fans as well.

I have no axe to grind here as I said in my earlier post I don't have a problem personally with the way the club have sold tickets for the semi at Murrayfield.

I raised these points baeed on what Nanojambo had said in his post so hopefully he reads your comments which are more relating to him than me in my opinion.

Great to see that you and your mates and members are raising so much money for the club so well done on that front and keep up the good work.

gorgie rd eh11
10 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Any parent that demands their children do as they did and do not encourage freedom of thought are bad parents.

Its as simple as that.

No it's not. 

Encouraging freedom of thought when it comes to following a football team would have the whole world supporting Real Madrid, Manchester United, Celtic etc.

Parental influence is the major reason smaller clubs survive.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Loyalty points are awarded to those that go and support the team. Not the club. 

While it's great people support the club by buying merchandise etc, its only right that those that go home and away get first crack at tickets. 

If people don't want to miss out get off the internet and go to games or at least stop moaning about it. 

32 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

No it's not. 

Encouraging freedom of thought when it comes to following a football team would have the whole world supporting Real Madrid, Manchester United, Celtic etc.

Totally agree with this. When I was growing up the Hun were the dominant team, winning the league every year as part of their 9 in a row. Every boy who was interested in football in my year "supported" them, had the kit etc. None of them (that I still know) support them now and have no interest in them; in fact they generally watch English football. Because of my family connection to Hearts (my Dad) I have always supported Hearts and now have a season ticket, go to away games etc. If it weren't for that I would have probably been a Hun like the others (sickens me to say that) but eventually got bored and probably supported (in the loosest sense) a "big" team. Hearts and Scottish football would have lost out on the cash I put in and I am sure there are numerous examples of a similar situation. Today it's kids wearing Celtic tops......I wonder why.

Edited by Jambos_1874

39 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

No it's not. 

Parents should influence not indoctrinate.