Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

But I'll stop, I'm not that bothered, just saying 

Access for tickets to matches where there is a high demand. 

In in this case supply exceeds demand so no need. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

There’s no chance we will sell anywhere near 30k during the season ticket. I also find it hard to believe that there are that many who don’t have a season ticket that  don’t know someone who has one. I guess there will be a few, but everyone who wants to go will get a ticket. 

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, magicTs said:

Need to grow a pair to be honest. “Hassled”!!!! Amazing.  

What if they're handicapped 80 year olds? I guess I should have read all the posts. 

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

43 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Hearts have clearly overestimated the number of friends season ticket holders have

No they haven’t.

process is cool

Moaners can gtf imo

?????????

SectionDJambo
6 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

There were only 2 points available for the recent match at Ibrox, so hardly generous. Also, we didn't even sell out prior to the LP threshold being cut suggesting that there wasn't huge demand and/or few of the "diehard" supporters wanted a ticket. You would get more LPs for a trip to Pittodrie and there are rarely any issues for people getting tickets to that, even on a low tally. So, if people want to build up points there are plenty of opportunitiea to do so.

As for the Scotland Supporters Club, it is extremely difficult to build up points to get to popular away matches. I accept that though as the are a huge number of diehards in the Tartan Army who go to every/most away games so they deserve first dibs.

Happy to be corrected. I was under the impression from past seasons, that loyalty points for Ibrox and Parkhead were generous. Guys that trek to Aberdeen, Inverness etc should be well rewarded.

I still think Hearts should give very generous points for those home cup ties that, generally,  get low home crowds these days. 

been here before
7 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

There were only 2 points available for the recent match at Ibrox, so hardly generous. Also, we didn't even sell out prior to the LP threshold being cut suggesting that there wasn't huge demand and/or few of the "diehard" supporters wanted a ticket. You would get more LPs for a trip to Pittodrie and there are rarely any issues for people getting tickets to that, even on a low tally. So, if people want to build up points there are plenty of opportunitiea to do so.

So far this season, excluding home league games,  there's been 28 points up for grabs. 30+ if you lob in the Tynecastle league games.

If you a ST for this year you could be sitting on up to 48 LPs. If you renewed from last year 68 and thats without going to any away or cup games last year.

Not difficult to pick up a decent tally.

Ive had a couple of brandys but I think the tallys are about right...

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

So far this season, excluding home league games,  there's been 28 points up for grabs. 30+ if you lob in the Tynecastle league games.

If you a ST for this year you could be sitting on up to 48 LPs. If you renewed from last year 68 and thats without going to any away or cup games last year.

Not difficult to pick up a decent tally.

Ive had a couple of brandys but I think the tallys are about right...

Tally ho... 

Sorry. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

ABUSE the TIMOTHYS? Probably better for everyone involved if you and your 15 "mates" take the next 5  years off. 

A bit off topic but the proclaimers are coming here next May.  Given that I can't stop them, that confirms I will have to be back in Edinburgh then.

I know this is the league cup but could you please ask them to make this victory a rehearsal for the Scottish Cup?  I won't be hassling anyone for tickets, dont deserve them, but there's always the chance of the hospitality miracle.

I haven't got 15 mates.  Two tickets will suffice but I'll be happy to watch it in the Diggers.  

Doesnt matter if I'm at the game.  What matters is that Hearts are and we have a massive victory to round off the treble.

This forthcoming victory against Celtic is a vital cog in the treble.

"Well firstly I need to congratulate Hearts.  They were the better team but it's not fair that we had to play the game outside Glasgow.  Playing in Edinburgh was a home game for them and that's grossly unfair".

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It’ll be 4 games in 10 days for me ? Plus Red Dead out same week. Going to be an expensive 10 days. 

Certainly busy, liver will get good exercise. 

Aberdeen, hibs, celtic and 3 rugby games in the next month or so. 

Throw in my usual 1 or 2 mid life crisis drinking sessions at home and it's a fair schedule. 

End up Top of the league and in a final, might deserve another round or two. 

oh ah grantona
7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Everyone who wants a ticket will get win.

No need to turn this thread into another loyalty point debate!

Exactly this is say 85%+ of extra tickets purchased by STs are of people who are on the system with some points.

Im on 16 points & pointless buying a season ticket due to work and I'm not even bothered about waiting on general sale. 

Come Thursday we will be lucky to have sold 20k and then the public sale will sell 5k max 

30k is just under double our average home support week in week out, We have a lot of people who say they Hearts are there team who have no intention of ever going to a game 

22 to 25k fans was my estimate if it was Hampden it be about 20k 

oh ah grantona
4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Now would be the time to start the Public sale or open the Upper.

I'm sure the club has prob noticed a drying up now and should make an announcement bring the general sale forward. ST,s have had 5 days that's more than enough notice and time

2 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

I'm sure the club has prob noticed a drying up now and should make an announcement bring the general sale forward. ST,s have had 5 days that's more than enough notice and time

To be fair to the club, I suspect the public sale date was, in part at least, determined by the fact that they weren't going to actually receive the tickets until tomorrow. They will want to have been in a position to actually hand tickets out as people purchase them at the ticket office during the public sale.

3 minutes ago, JALBO said:

To be fair to the club, I suspect the public sale date was, in part at least, determined by the fact that they weren't going to actually receive the tickets until tomorrow. They will want to have been in a position to actually hand tickets out as people purchase them at the ticket office during the public sale.

Strange that nobody has picked up on this.

3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I wonder why you haven't been to a game in five years...... 

Very much doubt it was a serious comment

oh ah grantona
18 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Oh aye that's a fair point 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Would make sense. 

11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Disappointing to see tickets being offered at over inflated prices online

I thought resale of tickets for Football was illegal unlike Concert tickets?

20 hours ago, magicTs said:

Need to grow a pair to be honest. “Hassled”!!!! Amazing.  

This in spades. If anything that would make me all the more determined to go.

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Disappointing to see tickets being offered at over inflated prices online

Would be even more dissapointed to see people buying them.

Wait for the general sale and you will definitley get a ticket if you want one.

Edited by Lambo85

55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Going by the Dot Count thread looks like around 12,000 seats will be available for the public sale. 

Any clue on the number of seats behind the goal - don't fancy that at all.

I did wonder why they made it 2 per person for ST holders but perhaps the club just want to make sure we can sell as many as possible as we do have an enormous allocation.

if we do get to the final then ST holders will most likely be restricted to 1 ticket per account leaving well over 10k for folk with loyalty points etc. There will also still be semi tickets available come the end of the ST period and I'm sure it will be enough to satisfy the demand of non ST holders.

Lets just get right behind the boys as its going to be an extremely tough game and I can't wait.

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

15k sold according to the News. Seems low looking at seat plans for sections open to sales 

18k I think we have sold according to the expert dot counters on here.

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

18k I think we have sold according to the expert dot counters on here.

Jalbo explained the club seem to release seats continually from sections that appear sold.

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

More hospitality packages announced. Strongbow Lounge and the Eighteen74 Bar.

The heritage one looks the best deal. A full breakfast, a glass of bubbly and free drink pre and post, alll for an extra 21 quid, winnner, winner.

On 14/10/2018 at 11:46, luckydug said:

There's been a few of them.

They are the ones shouting loudest about how loyalty points should have equal status to ST holders.

They are probably part of the 700 or so who didn't bother renewing this season. It's because of them that the Hibs outsold us for STs this season.

The club is quite right to look after the people who stuck with us this season.

Don't talk pish. Another ticket thread hijacked by the " Season ticket-badge of honour " crowd.

How do you know the reasons of any non-renewals ? 

Didn't bother ? You asked them all, aye ?

Baws !

If the football calender is now dictated by international fixtures, meaning, with a couple of postponements and a cup run, you have half your home games midweek, that's not some supporters' problem. It means many, like myself, ain't shelling out £400+ for nine or ten games.

Sorry, ain't happening. 

£30 for a bronze ticket this weekend is also taking the piss !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don't talk pish. Another ticket thread hijacked by the " Season ticket-badge of honour " crowd.

Baws !

If the football calender is now dictated by international fixtures, meaning, with a couple of postponements and a cup run, you have half your home games midweek, that's not some supporters' problem. It means many, like myself, ain't shelling out £400+ for nine or ten games.

Sorry, ain't happening. 

I hear you Boab. Been in your shoes 2005/6.

Write to the club or get a chat with Stuart Wallace 

Just got 5 tickets for bar 1874 hospitality package, anyone know what part of the stadium the tickets will be for. I forgot to ask

I wonder how many supporters on our database are walk ups over a season?

A lot of people come and go although I'd imagine there's a core that still make most home matches.

Might be a good indication of the minimum we can expect to sell from the general sale.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

More hospitality packages announced. Strongbow Lounge and the Eighteen74 Bar.

We now have 6 separate areas hosting fans, really shows the worth of the new stand, and thats with a whole floor still empty!

Quite a money spinner, and the place will be rocking. 

13 minutes ago, ericb said:

We now have 6 separate areas hosting fans, really shows the worth of the new stand, and thats with a whole floor still empty!

Quite a money spinner, and the place will be rocking. 

Definitely reaping the rewards ££££s of ‘home advantage’!! Get them all well lubricated and send them to the match with loudest vocals possible!! This is going to be some march to Murrayfield the Garry Locke is leading!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Definitely reaping the rewards ££££s of playing at a neutral venue in accordance with being the first name out of the hat at the draw. Get them all well lubricated and send them to the match with loudest vocals possible!! This is going to be some march to Murrayfield the Garry Locke is leading!!

FTFY ;)

19 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

15k sold according to the News. Seems low looking at seat plans for sections open to sales 

Public sale goes ahead on Thursday I believe, so not really.

Also they got the date wrong for the Semi in the article - 28th of May apparently.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

They probably asked Lenny how many we had sold.?

1 hour ago, Weonly151 said:

Just got 5 tickets for bar 1874 hospitality package, anyone know what part of the stadium the tickets will be for. I forgot to ask

Don't know where but it's the cheap seats (£25).

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I wonder how many supporters on our database are walk ups over a season?

A lot of people come and go although I'd imagine there's a core that still make most home matches.

Might be a good indication of the minimum we can expect to sell from the general sale.

I'd imagine if our attendances are typically around the 17-18k mark, with 13k ST holders and around 500 away fans, we must have around 4k walk ups for every home game. 

I'm hopeful we can sell our full allocation, with the novelty of being at murrayfield and playing quite well. 

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'd imagine if our attendances are typically around the 17-18k mark, with 13k ST holders and around 500 away fans, we must have around 4k walk ups for every home game. 

I'm hopeful we can sell our full allocation, with the novelty of being at murrayfield and playing quite well. 

Also, not everyone who is a walk-up goes to every game at the same time. I'd estimate there are around 8-10k walk-up fans in total who pick and choose games because they cannot go to them all, but who will try to make sure they go to big games like this.

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Baws !

Sorry, ain't happening. 

Boab you could have got tickets through the bus , I’ll guarantee not every season ticket holder in the bus is using their +1

22 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

No they haven’t.

process is cool

Moaners can gtf imo

?????????

All that song and dance only to be proved totally wrong