Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Fozzyonthefence

15 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

That's fairly conclusive.

You do realise we’re  still nowhere selling out right?  I trust the posters that said we’d easily sell out will be ridiculed just as much if we don’t, compared to the posters who were on the low side with predictions?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Cmon now, be fair. Fozzy, it appears, has stated at various points that ‘we’d struggle to get 20k’, he’d ‘be happy if we sell 20k’, then we’ll ‘do well to get 25k’ and now there’s ‘no chance we’ll sell 30k’?

So somewhere between 17k and 29k was Fozzy’s prediction. 

giphy.gif

No, 29k was way over what I thought we’d sell.  Might only be 2 or 3k shy of that come match day which would be a fantastic effort.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You do realise we’re  still nowhere selling out right?  I trust the posters that said we’d easily sell out will be ridiculed just as much if we don’t, compared to the posters who were on the low side with predictions?

I think Statto takes the biscuit to be fair. 

He’ll need to change his user name   ?

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Cmon now, be fair. Fozzy, it appears, has stated at various points that ‘we’d struggle to get 20k’, he’d ‘be happy if we sell 20k’, then we’ll ‘do well to get 25k’ and now there’s ‘no chance we’ll sell 30k’?

So somewhere between 17k and 29k was Fozzy’s prediction. 

giphy.gif

That's nothing I have, all along, predict that we will sell between 1 and 30,000. I'm claiming the holiday! :leveinproblem:

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, 29k was way over what I thought we’d sell.  Might only be 2 or 3k shy of that come match day which would be a fantastic effort.

Dear god stop talking!!!! ?????????????

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

F4FC1584-4F7D-43FA-B2B8-93BCD775D750.jpeg

Dunno, but too many green ones for my liking. 

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Look at your username. I’d listen to your username. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

F4FC1584-4F7D-43FA-B2B8-93BCD775D750.jpeg

Dunno, but too many green ones for my liking. 

Bazzas right boot

We'll sell out or be very close too.

Think after Aberdeen it will be clearer as sales will slow after that to a trickle. 

Folk predicting under 20k and the likes need to say, I ****ed it and stop making themselves look silly. 

21 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I think Statto takes the biscuit to be fair. 

He’ll need to change his user name   ?

Aye 30k in total....was the stat man's prediction! 

Celtic will sell out now no chance the greatest fans in the world will want upstaged by a "provincial" club from embra! 

I reckon 58,000 at the game....which is feckin outstanding, the sheep worriers are letting us all down tho, hopefully Rangers take all their tickets as well for a bumper pay day all round! 

Edited by Rudy T

57 minutes ago, magicTs said:

C'mon then chaps!!!!!

Predictions of 30k total crowd (its going to be 50,000+)......15-20k total Hearts fans (we've sold circa 24,000 already with 10 days till the game!).......things are looking good. Should be some atmosphere!!

Absolutely delighted with the turn out for this match. Delighted my 20,000 prediction has been blown apart...

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why would you want to ridicule Hearts fans for being optimistic and positive? 

Ha ha--told you we wouldn't sell out...

Ha ha--told you we would get beat.... 

Etc

:dontgetit:

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fozzyonthefence !

No need to go arguing with other Jambos over this.

I actually agreed with you we would only sell about 20K but am absolutely delighted to be wrong. Just enjoy it and accept that the feel good factor has spread to our 'occasional' fans and this game has captured the imagination of the intelligent side of the Edinburgh football public. 

It was wrong to use the previous LC semi's at ER as a barometer for this one. The climate among Hearts and the supporters has changed dramatically since those dark days of 2013/14.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if our end at Murrayfield was packed and the only gaps were in the Celtic section.☺

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Why would you want to ridicule Hearts fans for being optimistic and positive? 

Ha ha--told you we wouldn't sell out...

Ha ha--told you we would get beat.... 

Etc

:dontgetit:

Equally, why would you want to ridicule Hearts fans for underistimating the demand for this game?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Fozzyonthefence !

No need to go arguing with other Jambos over this.

I actually agreed with you we would only sell about 20K but am absolutely delighted to be wrong. Just enjoy it and accept that the feel good factor has spread to our 'occasional' fans and this game has captured the imagination of the intelligent side of the Edinburgh football public. 

It was wrong to use the previous LC semi's at ER as a barometer for this one. The climate among Hearts and the supporters has changed dramatically since those dark days of 2013/14.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if our end at Murrayfield was packed and the only gaps were in the Celtic section.☺

Yes, agreed.  And looks like I’m taking all the abuse on behalf of you and all the other under estimaters!  Good job I’m thick skinned.

36 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You chose and are continuing to choose to be negative.

You'll be more at home on a Celtic forum or hibs.net. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, agreed.  And looks like I’m taking all the abuse on behalf of you and all the other under estimaters!  Good job I’m thick skinned.

Christ !  You don't half like an argument?

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Perhaps that's because others didn't subsequently try to deny what they had said in the first place.

You're not some sort of martyr taking "abuse" for the others at all. :) You're taking quite jocular flak because of your subsequent reaction, and bizarrely you still can't see that.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

S for something anyway 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Christ !  You don't half like an argument?

FFS!  I just agreed with you and you say I like an argument!  I thought JKB was a discussion board?  I’m out.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

FFS!  I just agreed with you and you say I like an argument!  I thought JKB was a discussion board?  I’m out.

I predict you will be back in under 20,000 seconds, certainly nowhere near 30,000 though ?

19 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

I predict you will be back in under 20,000 seconds, certainly nowhere near 30,000 though ?

:D

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Only just seen that Aberdeen sold 9000.

Well done them. I'm sure they'll make a 'wall of noise' in supporting their team.

Red Army

:cornette:

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Only just seen that Aberdeen sold 9000.

Well done them. I'm sure they'll make a 'wall of noise' in supporting their team.

That is frankly pathetic.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That is frankly pathetic.

Can you blame them? Mcinnes shits the bed everytime. Its hardly even a contest.

Genuinely want the dons to win too but just cannot see it. 

To be fair to McInnes he's got Aberdeen to a lot of semis and a few finals over the last few years. Maybe a lot of the day trippers have now decided they'll just hang around and see if they get to the final. Doesn't help that they shit themselves against Rangers just as much as we do.

Edited by JamboJen

Lord Beni of Gorgie

430 ko for Aberdeen was worse than the noon one. I would have watched from home having that journey. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

430 ko for Aberdeen was worse than the noon one. I would have watched from home having that journey. 

Why do you say that ?

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, agreed.  And looks like I’m taking all the abuse on behalf of you and all the other under estimaters!  Good job I’m thick.

FTOFY :)

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah.

Arrive at a club in Glasgow early doors. Few beverages, bite to eat. Watch the Hearts game. Head to Hampden for the game, straight home afterwards  and tucked up by a decent hour. 

As opposed to arriving in Glasgow at 12:15 for a 12 noon k.o ?

Edited by El Diez

Tynecastle Valhalla

No wonder non old firm teams attendances haven’t been that good being in Glasgow every time 

it’s in a different city and low and behold the numbers are strong 

would be hilarious if celtic dont sell all their allocation 

1 minute ago, El Diez said:

Nah.

Arrive at a club in Glasgow early doors. Few beverages, bite to eat. Watch the Hearts game. Head to Hampden for the game, straight home afterwards  and tucked up by a decent hour. 

As opposed to arriving in Glasgow 15 minutes after for a 12 noon k.o ?

I know that's what I thought as well. Seems a strange point of view. I'll be interested to see how he arrives at that conclusion.

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It was Aberdeen who asked for a later kick off after kicking up a stink about the earlier time. Their sales have been nothing short of pathetic. No excuses. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ok. Family support 430ko

Kids back at school even if the game finishes at 630 getting out of Glasgow and back to Aberdeen 10pm at best. Work next day. Awful ko time 

Aberdeen fans have seen a lot of disappointing performances v old firm. Maybe just don't have enough feel good factor.

We beat them Saturday and they are already well behind in league. 

Quite funny that Aberdeen questioned why they were not considered as the Murrayfield tie. Can you imagine? Embarrassing.