Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Just now, Rudolf said:

There will be around 10,000 seats available in the general sale. No need for the loyalty points when supply is likely to outstrip demand. 

Again not my point, if all the good seats are going to folk who have never been before then it's wrong. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 minute ago, hampdenharttley said:

No she has not ...its a Cup game and anyone who wants to go will get a ticket, albeit  await for some 

So what? It's a cup game season ticket isn't for cup games is it? 

Just now, cheetah said:

Again not my point, if all the good seats are going to folk who have never been before then it's wrong. 

So your point is that all the good seats have gone to people that have never been before?

12 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

So your point is that all the good seats have gone to people that have never been before?

Well no  but possibly (in theory) half of them could, do you think that is correct? 

21 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I know I will get a ticket, doesn't mean the club got it right. 

With 30,000 tickets selling them quickly is a factor. Loyalty points would have slowed sales. 

Most people said we wouldn't sell 30,000. 

3 minutes ago, hampdenharttley said:

Lifes not fair, but if you are a ST holder like me whats the fuss

PHM

3 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Well no  but possibly (in theory) half of them could, do you think that is correct? 

I’d say the upper tier are the better seats and there will be around 10,000 left. 

Just now, Rudolf said:

I’d say the upper tier are the better seats and there will be around 10,000 left. 

Yeah

A lot of good areas not released yet

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

With 30,000 tickets selling them quickly is a factor. Loyalty points would have slowed sales. 

Most people said we wouldn't sell 30,000. 

Totally agree with you, so why didn't we just sell to anyone with over 10 loyalty points? 

51 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The loyalty points thing is a bit strange. I went to the Motherwell away Cup game last season and got 2 points for it. The Hibs cup game at home I got 1 point and yet the Betfred Cup home games this season they were giving out 3 points. 

Here's what it says about loyalty points on the HMFC website.

Hearts operates a successful Hearts Loyalty Points scheme.

Supporters receive Hearts Loyalty Points for:

• Booking a ticket for home matches - 1 point per match
  • Buying a Season Ticket - 20 points
  • Booking tickets for away matches (where advanced sales apply) - varies

Hearts Loyalty Points are used to determine access to tickets for matches where there is high demand, such Semi-Finals and Finals or away matches.

Hearts Loyalty Points are valid for the current season (2018/19) and the previous season (2017/18).

All points accumulated prior to these seasons will be removed before the start of this season.

Hearts Loyalty Points allocations are subject to change, and where they apply to individual matches are provisional. Supporters can check up to date allocations here.

Supporters can check their Hearts Loyalty Points total via Hearts eTickets.Hearts Loyalty Points are added after the date of fixtures.

Bought 2 football tops 2 training tops, some shorts, holiday towel , watch, and some golf stuff .

No loyalty points.

Totally agree with you, so why didn't we just sell to anyone with over 10 loyalty points? 

Perhaps the club wished to reward the ST holders who stuck with the club through the struggles of last season and renewed.

There can't be that many non ST holders with large amounts of LPs as there was a cull of points earlier this season and only last season and this season count and some away games were cash gates so no LPS available.

Being a ST holder should have some advantages and being awarded the chance to buy two tickets when possible is one of them.

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps the club wished to reward the ST holders who stuck with the club through the struggles of last season and renewed.

There can't be that many non ST holders with large amounts of LPs as there was a cull of points earlier this season and only last season and this season count and some away games were cash gates so no LPS available.

Being a ST holder should have some advantages and being awarded the chance to buy two tickets when possible is one of them.

Really doesn't make sense? Season ticket holders should be rewarded for sure, but not people who just know season ticket holders. Madness 

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Really doesn't make sense? Season ticket holders should be rewarded for sure, but not people who just know season ticket holders. Madness 

Partly to shift the tickets and the timescale.

You said you'll get a ticket. As long as people get in quick everyone with any sort of loyalty points will get a ticket.  

And we'll sell all our tickets. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Partly to shift the tickets and the timescale.

You said you'll get a ticket. As long as people get in quick everyone with any sort of loyalty points will get a ticket.  

And we'll sell all our tickets. 

Again it's not a problem just think it's been done wrong. I have had a season ticket for over a decade, don't have one this season and turns out I am not getting a ticket before some chumps wife who just fancies it because it's nearby, seems a bit shit. 

Just now, hampdenharttley said:

Correct and I will be taking my older Son who's a Tim

Brilliant. Hope your younger son isn't so mentally challenged? 

hampdenharttley

Brilliant. Hope your younger son isn't so mentally challenged? 

My Tim Son will soon be studying Law and aint mentally challenged thanks.My younger Son is a Jambo though and will also be going.I despise Celtic but big enough to put family first , but you fill your boots on line 

A 20 point threshold would have equally “rewarded” season ticket holders and loyalty point holders in the initial sale.

However, the wish to sit with friends seems to be a significant factor in encouraging sales, particularly fast sales. If the club opened up the +1 option to the wider group straight away then it runs the risk of not having enough tickets to meet demand and therefore they wouldn’t be able to offer +1 sales. This actually runs the risk of reducing sales, not increasing them by opening up to a wider group.

In addition to this, given the location of the match, it is reasonable for the club to assume that the majority of season ticket holders would attend. Unfortunately a lower loyalty points figure across two seasons suggests infrequent attendance which increases the risk of this group not being in a position to purchase this time. Not an exact science of course but as a general assumption it’s an understandable approach from the club. Particularly given the short timescale and volume of tickets we are hoping to shift.

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's not season ticket holders being rewarded though. They absolutely should have been in phase one and their loyalty points would have allowed it. It's the wives, girlfriends, kids and mates who have never been to a game before being rewarded

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

It's clear your trolling. Enjoy.

Nope, I think St holders should get first choice. 

I tho k the club has it right. 

Not trolling at all. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not season ticket holders being rewarded though. They absolutely should have been in phase one and their loyalty points would have allowed it. It's the wives, girlfriends, kids and mates who have never been to a game before being rewarded

In order to sell 30,000 tickets we need the wives, girlfriends, kids and mates that you talk about but this group would be less likely to attend if they can’t sit with partners, parents, etc.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

In order to sell 30,000 tickets we need the wives, girlfriends, kids and mates that you talk about but this group would be less likely to attend if they can’t sit with partners, parents, etc.

And as they'll be 'plenty left' they'd have all been able to buy and sit together in a general sale. 

Non-season ticket holders are getting the short straw here in favour of non-fans. I'm sure you and the club are right and it may well have led to faster sales but it wasn't these people digging deep in our hour of need and it won't be them in the future either. Short memories from many.

22 minutes ago, hampdenharttley said:

My Tim Son will soon be studying Law and aint mentally challenged thanks.My younger Son is a Jambo though and will also be going.I despise Celtic but big enough to put family first , but you fill your boots on line 

To be fair everyone goes to uni these days, so I wouldn't be overly proud. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

And as they'll be 'plenty left' they'd have all been able to buy and sit together in a general sale. 

Non-season ticket holders are getting the short straw here in favour of non-fans. I'm sure you and the club are right and it may well have led to faster sales but it wasn't these people digging deep in our hour of need and it won't be them in the future either. Short memories from many.

There is no way to keep everyone happy. Put your arse away, you will get a ticket if you want one.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think you are reading too much into it...it’s just a sales strategy to try and shift as many tickets as possible...

hampdenharttley
1 minute ago, cheetah said:

To be fair everyone goes to uni these days, so I wouldn't be overly proud. 

I'd doubt a belter like you has kids and to  have a pop about a youngster on line suggests to me you are a wrong one 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This guy knows the score, it's only right that loyal fans get first dibs, not twats that know loyal fans. It's quite simple, not sure why some people don't get it. 

I'd doubt a belter like you has kids and to  have a pop about a youngster on line suggests to me you are a wrong one 

:rofl:

hampdenharttley
Just now, cheetah said:

This guy knows the score, it's only right that loyal fans get first dibs, not twats that know loyal fans. It's quite simple, not sure why some people don't get it. 

Tough titty ha ha 

Tough titty ha ha 

Fair enough I will be there, you are still a bad dad :lol:

23 minutes ago, hampdenharttley said:

I hope for your sake your lawyer son is bright enough to keep his mouth shut and his feet on the ground if Celtic score.

If you have bought his ticket and his presence in the wrong end causes any bother you could be refused further tickets in future.

Might even get into trouble for breaching security rules.

All that is said on the assumption that you are not just trying to wind Cheetah up.?

hampdenharttley
2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Fair enough I will be there, you are still a bad dad :lol:

My Kid went to a school I had no say in, but loves love Re

Bet you are single, anyway bye

My Kid went to a school I had no say in, but loves love Re

Bet you are single, anyway bye

How much you betting? 

hampdenharttley
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I hope for your sake your lawyer son is bright enough to keep his mouth shut and his feet on the ground if Celtic score.

If you have bought his ticket and his presence in the wrong end causes any bother you could be refused further tickets in future.

Might even get into trouble for breaching security rules.

All that is said on the assumption that you are not just trying to wind Cheetah up.?

What a cracker...  says mentally challenged and am poor Da and am at the wind up

My son is a lovely guy  and we will enjoy the game, he wont say he haw but if anyone has a problem on here so be it couldnt care less

William H. Bonney

What a cracker...  says mentally challenged and am poor Da and am at the wind up

My son is a lovely guy  and we will enjoy the game, he wont say he haw but if anyone has a problem on here so be it couldnt care less

Can't be that lovely. He supports Celtic. 

No problem to me mate.

I would love it if we could go back to the days when rival fans could mix.

I'm sure your son knows the score.?

Oh didn't realise he will be in the hearts end, so not a loyal Celtic son then? Good luck with that degree fella 

hampdenharttley
4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Can't be that lovely. He supports Celtic. 

Listen bud i fecking hate celtic, despise them, been lifted against them  but I split  up with (you will like this) ''Billy's'' Mum when he was a tot.He went to an RC school  and the rest is history.But he's my lad and I love him so I put my bigotry and hate to a side  and will enjoy the day Re of the outcome rather than battling at the Haymarket ?

4 minutes ago, hampdenharttley said:

Listen bud i fecking hate celtic, despise them, been lifted against them  but I split  up with (you will like this) ''Billy's'' Mum when he was a tot.He went to an RC school  and the rest is history.But he's my lad and I love him so I put my bigotry and hate to a side  and will enjoy the day Re of the outcome rather than battling at the Haymarket ?

So you are a bigot? 

34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Pretty sure people getting 'extra' tickets are Hearts fans. Certainly all those I know of are. 

I had my tickets secured before they even went on public sale, so don’t care too much but we have loyalty points for a reason. Stupid not to use them imo. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pretty sure people getting 'extra' tickets are Hearts fans. Certainly all those I know of are. 

You would think but maybe shit hearts fans at that