Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Both were expelled from the competition (Scottish Cup).

They were expelled by virtue of the other team being handed a 3-0 victory. If this happened in the League then the other team would be handed a 3-0 victory. It wouldn't impact on any other game and the offending team would not be thrown out of the competition. To suggest otherwise would be silly. The offence affects the individual game and so does the punishment.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Correct. Winning the group with 9 points would be qualify us. We'd have to turn round a 6 goal difference, plus whatever ICT take off Raith somewhere along the line though

Makes the remaining games more exciting...perhaps. ??‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Sack who? You’re assuming this is down to one person

Obviously I don't know the entire working and operational system Hearts have in place.  If it's once person - they should be gone.  If it's a team - it's probably an even bigger error.

No way should this be brushed off as an over-sight or one of these things. 

Bazzas right boot

Folk getting hung up on sacking a punter. 

Why? 

Won't fix anything, will it make you feel better.?

It can't happen again, I don't care if someone is sacked or not, we need to take the punishment and focus on the other games. 

Whether they are sacked or put on a warning, irrelevant. 

Nucky Thompson

We seem to be lurching between one calamity to another under this regime. Incompetent fools.

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

3-0 defeat has been standard across Europe recently, celtic overturning a 1st leg defeat with a 3-0 default win being a high profile one. 

No one knows, but on past form a 3-0 defeat would be were I place my money. 

Not saying you are wrong but why should Cove get a victory for free ?

A fairer way would be to confiscate the points and GD.

Also why are we having to wait until Monday for a decision ?

Their should be automatic sanctions in place for this occurrence. It's not as if it's never happened before in Scotland.

There must be something in the rules of the competition, if not then that is incompetence in its self.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

The buck stops with her I'm afraid. 

Nonsense.

The idea that any mistake made by an employee of a company is the responsibility of the chief executive is ridiculous.  Someone clearly made a mistake, either by failing to follow a process or by creating an inadequate process.  It's fairly likely that someone senior to them would have been responsible for, in the former case checking that the employee had followed the process correctly, or in the latter case checking that the process was adequate.  Further up the hierarchy than that, there's very little that higher management can do to stop this sort of thing from happening unless the lower level employees have shown clear indications of incompetence in other matters. 

davemclaren
Just now, Sarah O said:

Obviously I don't know the entire working and operational system Hearts have in place.  If it's once person - they should be gone.  If it's a team - it's probably an even bigger error.

If it’s down to one person then whoever allowed it to be down to one person should be gone imo. 

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Absolutely embrassing by the club things like this should be nowhere near any SPL full time club. If this results in points deducted and then we potentially end up with another struggle to qualify for the league cup all because of somebody’s incompetence then we really need to review staff behind the scenes far more carefully. Hope this is just a fine and we can move on.

This

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If it’s down to one person then whoever allowed it to be down to one person should be gone imo. 

Agreed.  A massive **** up.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Makes the remaining games more exciting...perhaps. ??‍♂️ 

Actually you wouldn't be all that surprised if we went and did it. (9 points and double figures in goals from 3 games against lower opposition)

Jambosteve1902

Can't believe people are acting like we're out at a result of this, we win the rest of our games we progress which we should be looking to do anyways, is it unforgivable, absolutely, however if your bed wetting that we now need to win all remaining games how do you feel before big games? 

Just now, Sarah O said:

As I said in my original post, I’d be astounded if Hearts left the responsibility to complete this process on a single individual..,that nobody checks their work to ensure compliance.

However if that’s the case, then it’s down to sheer incompetence...meaning the person who didn’t complete the process is at fault, as is the person who tasked the individual to perform the role (and therefore should have put in place a process to ensure a gigantic feck up like this wasn’t possible).

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Not saying you are wrong but why should Cove get a victory for free ?

A fairer way would be to confiscate the points and GD.

Their should be automatic sanctions in place for this occurrence. It's not as if it's never happened before in Scotland.

There must be something in the rules of the competition, if not then that is incompetence in its self.

Think its punishment for the offending team as opposed to anything else,  luckily for us we can still get out of it relatively unscathed. 

3 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Can't believe people are acting like we're out at a result of this, we win the rest of our games we progress which we should be looking to do anyways, is it unforgivable, absolutely, however if your bed wetting that we now need to win all remaining games how do you feel before big games? 

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Nonsense.

The idea that any mistake made by an employee of a company is the responsibility of the chief executive is ridiculous.  Someone clearly made a mistake, either by failing to follow a process or by creating an inadequate process.  It's fairly likely that someone senior to them would have been responsible for, in the former case checking that the employee had followed the process correctly, or in the latter case checking that the process was adequate.  Further up the hierarchy than that, there's very little that higher management can do to stop this sort of thing from happening unless the lower level employees have shown clear indications of incompetence in other matters. 

Correct...

Wonder if the Man Utd person was sacked for booking Sanchez a ticket ? to USA 

Most likely no because this was out of their control 

The Hearts registration of players stops with Hearts 

Footballfirst

Celtic took advantage of a "3-0" result awarded to them when Legia Warsaw played an ineligible player in a two legged tie, meaning that they went through on away goals.

Legia won the first leg 4-1, then "won" again 2-0 at Parkhead for a 6-1 aggregate win, but had fielded the ineligible player in the 2nd leg. The result was awarded as 3-0 to Celtic, meaning a 4-4 aggregate score, but with Celtic winning on away goals.

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They were expelled by virtue of the other team being handed a 3-0 victory. If this happened in the League then the other team would be handed a 3-0 victory. It wouldn't impact on any other game and the offending team would not be thrown out of the competition. To suggest otherwise would be silly. The offence affects the individual game and so does the punishment.

They (Dunf)were expelled, but we're on appeal (punishment to severe) told to replay the game at Stenhousemuir.

Graeme Russell

Don’t know if been mentioned as I have just read the first page as I am just back from the Open at Carnoustie.

I remember we beat Hamilton a few years ago in a cup game and made the same mistake..

The tie was awarded to Hamilton if I remember correctly.

Toxteth O'Grady

It is another shambles. There should be procedures in place to make sure things like this (and forgetting to order seats) don't happen. The buck stops with Mrs Budge because there are clearly no procedures in place to avoid such mess ups 

JamboGraham

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

BT will not want us out. By playing another match before the decision makes it very difficult to throw us out as it starts to make a mockery of the tournament. Waiting till Monday takes expulsion off the table.

If this was Rangers they would be pre-emptively howling about hatred of Rangers,   injustice and threatening appeals,  legal action,  boycotts and civil unrest.      To pressurise the decision to be as lenient as possible in order to avoid the aggravation.

We wont.   At least we're not that desperate.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Agreed.  A massive **** up.

I speak as a failed manager of many years experience. ?

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

SFA statement says East Stirling expelled from competition and as a result Buckie Thistle will progress to next round. No mention of any 'scoreline' awarded.

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Nonsense.

It is not fashionable to run a "blame culture" anymore. "One team" is the way it is done now. So don't expect a sacking but it does sound like there has been a major control failure. Surely the one time when you simply MUST do a full eligibility compliance check is before your first competitive game of the season? Wouldn't be surprised to see someone more competent being brought in and someone nudged towards the door, but a sacking? Unlikely.

sidjamesbottle
33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is a simple if to you boring fact that a well run business will understand that people make mistakes and procedures need to be in place to identify and correct in a timely way mistakes that could cause significant damage to the business. 

I'd quite like Hearts be boringly efficient.

Typically boring answer actually starting to like you now 

Captain Sausage

This is nothing short of a disgrace. I play amateur football and this shit rarely happens. 

These are professionals who have one job. Scandalous. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, stuart500 said:

Hopefully we'll discover it was Malaury Martin's fault and sack him.

Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

SFA statement says East Stirling expelled from competition and as a result Buckie Thistle will progress to next round. No mention of any 'scoreline' awarded.

Expelled because they were awarding the other team the game in a knockout tournament.

There's really no point debating it anyway. We will find out on Monday. I will be more shocked than at anything every if we are thrown out of the competition.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Us and the League Cup just aren't meant to be.

Wonder how we'll make a **** of it next season.

?

This will be the year we win it. 

Will be a trick question on sports shows in years to come ?

Footballfirst

The online registration process is something that Hearts must repeat at least 20 or 30 times every season, both for new recruits and contract renewals. 

There is no excuse for failing to complete the registration process when Irving signed his contract extension. It should be a routine step in the process.  Either the individual responsible was negligent or the process is flawed in terms of cross checks, dual sign offs or whatever.

It is well known that many clubs have fallen foul of registration errors in the past, so the club should have a foolproof process in place.

That said, you can't really make a process foolproof as fools are so ingenious.

sidjamesbottle
1 minute ago, houstonjambo said:

This is nothing short of a disgrace. I play amateur football and this shit rarely happens. 

These are professionals who have one job. Scandalous. 

i used to play under false names all the time when i was banned playing amateur got away with it loads o times

Despite the error I'd rather not go down the route of carrying out a witch hunt

It was a mistake but not a deliberate one and whist the persons or persons should be held to account we should remember there is a human being who will not be feeling too great at this moment and who may have a family to support

Providing there has been no previous cases lets just put it down to experience.....one though that should not be repeated

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

i used to play under false names all the time when i was banned playing amateur got away with it loads o times

Genius. We could tell them it was Cowie we brought on. He Just had the wrong shirt on

North Berwick Jambo

Meh, I despise the diddy cup anyway, at least it wasn't a league game ?