Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

I think they will go down the 3-0 to Cove route too, and I think we'll still win the group.

Yeah, probably makes the games for us more meaningful as well. I'm sure we will and we can quickly forget about it. Fingers crossed. Puts a bit of pressure on though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rules differ for individual clubs so it’s anyones guess how this will pan out. Let’s see what Brenda has to say on Sportsound.

KyleLafferty
Just now, Victorian said:

Different context and has no relevant comparison to our case.    

How does it not? Both are ineligible players and both played? Be the best interest of the tournament to replay the game. 

Just now, Victorian said:

Agreed. Folk need to put the straws down.

We have dropped a massive bollock. We need to deal with it.

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think they will go down the 3-0 to Cove route too, and I think we'll still win the group.

In a cup tie that is okay, one team is thrown out, the other team progresses.

In a group/league situation you have other teams to take into consideration.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Be surprised if they give Cove 3 points over this. Other teams in the group would kick up shit and this would rumble on. Suspect we will be deducted 3 to 6 points, depending on how strong a message they want to send out.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

How does it not? Both are ineligible players and both played? Be the best interest of the tournament to replay the game. 

No knock on consequences in a knock out comp.   This is a group context with potential consequences for other groups.     Very simple.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It has happened in the league. Rangers for about 7 years....

And then awarded all results and trophies to a brand new club. Incredible.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Fielding a suspended player is arguably a bigger rule breach than a paperwork mistake.

There's no set punishments for this, whatever we get we'll just have to accept.  Getting kicked out of the tournament would be ridiculous though

All roads lead to Gorgie

Very disappointing after the seat debacle last year that we still haven't put in a plan to double check everything! Deary me Hearts!

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

In a cup tie that is okay, one team is thrown out, the other team progresses.

In a group/league situation you have other teams to take into consideration.

Is there precedence for it happening in a normal league game?

Mind you,    we have to rely on the SPFL being switched on to the potential pros and cons for other teams.     

This is Scottish Football.     

10 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “In the interests of sporting integrity and fairness to both sides, the game will be replayed.”

Thats what was said after livi played a suspended player in the challenge cup.

Same rules should apply.

Wouldn't rule out this happening. 

could  play it behind closed doors on Thursday 

14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “In the interests of sporting integrity and fairness to both sides, the game will be replayed.”

Same rules should apply.

Edited by ramrod

42 minutes ago, Prof said:

I wonder how many extra season tickets we will sell after yet another avoidable fiasco. 

If thats what determines your choice of buying a season ticket there is something not wired correctly.

Its a mistake a bad one but could be a few reasons for it happening. The precedants much as it will annoy others on here is that when cove did it they got a £2000 fine nothing else. Their ineligable player didnt play so thats a starting point. Next up the list would be a 3-0 reversal of the result for gaining a sporting advantage. (Most likely in my opinion) However I think our position lies somewhere in the middle but I dont think common sense will be applied even though it affects other teams. I would think the waiting til Monday lets them judge how a 3-0 reverse would affect the other teams in the group.

upgotheheads

No doubt someone has mentioned this already.EN article mentioned that Cove Rangers and Stranraer were fined 2K for same offence a couple of years ago.

I'm expecting a 4K fine.

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

This is a shambles and I’m sure Anne thinks the same. We have to suck it up and take whatever punishment we get. However, the only outcome we as fans could be genuinely aggrieved about is if they keep us in tournament but deduct say 6 to 12 points...as that means fans wouldn’t get refunds for tickets already bought but are forced to have paid for games which are then meaningless. In my opinion a 3-0 defeat and a fine is what should happen, I don’t see it as unfair for other teams at all, it’s Cove who have been wronged here full stop.

Assume no decision made before raith game? Will be a strange game knowing we may be kicked or have 3 points less in the table.

27 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Could they just declare a no result.We lose the 3points but Cove are not awarded any and therefore gain no advantage over the other teams in the group.

Bit unfair on Cove. They narrowly lost to a team who cheated by fielding an ineligible team. They should get the points or a replay.

1 minute ago, BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA said:

This is a shambles and I’m sure Anne thinks the same. We have to suck it up and take whatever punishment we get. However, the only outcome we as fans could be genuinely aggrieved about is if they keep us in tournament but deduct say 6 to 12 points...as that means fans wouldn’t get refunds for tickets already bought but are forced to have paid for games which are then meaningless. In my opinion a 3-0 defeat and a fine is what should happen, I don’t see it as unfair for other teams at all, it’s Cove who have been wronged here full stop.

They could just say a 10k fine with a portion of it straight to Cove Rangers but that might be far too sensible

Geoff Kilpatrick
40 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

How it’s Just like playing Aberdeen away on a Tuesday night? Could easily fit it in after the Inverness game 

The draw is made immediately after the last set of games next weekend, that's why.

Shanks said no
Just now, Taffin said:

Bit unfair on Cove. They narrowly lost to a team who cheated by fielding an ineligible team. They should get the points or a replay.

I agree, doesn't matter that we lost a goal after he came on, He was Levein's first choice sub and ineligible, Levein's second choice who would be inferior but should have been used. Therefore we had an unfair advantage. Game and points to Cove IMHO

If we had lost in similar circumstances that is what I would be demanding.

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Then he let Sevco keep the trophies Rangers won by cheating. I wouldn't take him at his word.

:rofl:very true

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If you give ICT a 3-0 win against us, they win the group and probably get seeded as a result. Thats a disadvantage to other teams outwith our group. If they dont get awarded a 3-0 against us, they may not even qualify.

23 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Same rules should apply.

could be the way then!

27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wonder how the error was spotted?

Wouldve been spotted when the referee did his report on the extranet. He would’ve then reported it to the SFA who in turn would’ve notified the club.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Wouldve been spotted when the referee did his report on the extranet. He would’ve then reported it to the SFA who in turn would’ve notified the club.

Why wasnt it noticed in the friendlies?

Can’t say there’s many time I’ve felt embarrassed by the club but this would embarrassing for a junior team. And whoever is responsible for this does deserve their jotters. If a critical part of your job description is player registration and you can’t figure out a ****ing website, then your time is better spent heading a brick wall. 

A replay is the best we can hope for. 3-0 loss would be fair. Kicked out the tournament would be excessive. What a ****ing mess. 

luckyBatistuta
44 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Could they just declare a no result.We lose the 3points but Cove are not awarded any and therefore gain no advantage over the other teams in the group.

If it was the other way around, we definitely wouldn’t be happy with that, when it’s not our fault.

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It wasn't cheating. It was a mistake. It was an administrative error that saw Hearts gain zero sporting advantage. It is clearly an administrative oversight, and therefore it's pathetic to hear our own fans state that we cheated! 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 minute ago, Zico said:

Can’t say there’s many time I’ve felt embarrassed by the club but this would embarrassing for a junior team. And whoever is responsible for this does deserve their jotters. If a critical part of your job description is player registration and you can’t figure out a ****ing website, then your time is better spent heading a brick wall. 

A replay is the best we can hope for. 3-0 loss would be fair. Kicked out the tournament would be excessive. What a ****ing mess. 

He was registered on his original contract, someone didn't register his extention, I can see how that slipped through.

Not like we played a player not registered at any point to us.

Ffs Scottish rugby played a guy for 6 years who wasn't eligible, as someone mentioned real Madrid have done this.

No need for melt down.

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Very disappointing after the seat debacle last year that we still haven't put in a plan to double check everything! Deary me Hearts!

Not everything but certainly things that can inflict significant damage. Given lots of precedents fielding an unregistered player would surely turn up in any post seats debacle analysis of threats. 

Consistency and no special treatment is what we demand and what we should expect.  I thought it couldn't get worse than Peterhesd

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If it was the other way around, we definitely wouldn’t be happy with that, when it’s not our fault.

I wouldn't be at all bothered if a team playing us used a player which they simply forgot to register! 

Famous 1874

Brenda’s opinion will no doubt be all over the news tomorrow, we know the script on what happens next 

Scnorthedinburgh
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Not everything but certainly things that can inflict significant damage. Given lots of precedents fielding an unregistered player would surely turn up in any post seats debacle analysis of threats. 

Why would facilities management and development analysis involve the playing side of the club.

Some fans just love us to **** up so they can have a moan.

Shit happens get over it, onwards and upwards.

When cove got fined £2k their player was an unused sub. We'll get emptied and it's easy to work out the rest of the group, maybe not best 2nd place etc though. 

If we do get kicked out then it's a disgrace by us, one of the two competitions we have a 'realistic' chance of winning. Kick in the baws.

Hagar the Horrible

Options: a fine?  -3 points, or cove awarded a 3-0 win, whatever we will take it on the chin with dignity, but we will get hammered,   I would expect us to be thrown out, and I would struggle to show any further annoyance than a large tut.  it was a mistake but Spartans got kicked out, so why not us?  I would be happy to win it but would only go to the semi or the final? so no real hardship other than a fine

6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

It wasn't cheating. It was a mistake. It was an administrative error that saw Hearts gain zero sporting advantage. It is clearly an administrative oversight, and therefore it's pathetic to hear our own fans state that we cheated! 

We did gain a sporting advantage though. We played a player that our manager wanted to that we were not allowed to.

If the shoe was in the other foot i would be arguing we had been cheated. I don't think breaking the laws of the game albeit unintentionally can be called anything other than cheating.

Edited by Taffin

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Hearts_fan said:

I wouldn't be at all bothered if a team playing us used a player which they simply forgot to register! 

That’s not exactly what I said though. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

No point in common sense thoughts or approaches to it the world may end for some if were not hung drawn and quartered. 

Ferryjambo99

The problem a replay would throw up is tgat we could potentially improve our goal difference if we were to win by more than one goal. 

Most likely outcome is a cove win or may be less likely a hefty fine. 

Or a replay where if we win it's recorded as 2-1. 

To be honest I have no idea, we won't be kicked out though imo