Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mikey2690 said:

I think we might get kicked out, Albion Rovers were kicked out the Challenge Cup last year for similar IIRC.

That was the knock out round.

Cove will probably be awarded a 3-0 win and we’ll get a hefty fine.

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

This is where we find out what the spl or whoever it is thinks of hearts...

Do we get fined ?

or

Lose the 3 points?

bet if it was the weegie lot it would be just a fine and swept under the carpet but got bad feeling we are gonna get shafted !!!

There is plenty of precedent here for what the punishment is likely to be.

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ironic with all the other players including Ryan Edwards available that Irving came on or was even on bench.  

Yeah Edwards should have come on regardless 

Just now, Chaps said:

That was the knock out round.

Cove will probably be awarded a 3-0 win and we’ll get a hefty fine.

Yeah sounds about right. :ninja:

Incredible that after a summer signing spree that this lad even got onto the park in our first competitive fixture.

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Whoever is responsible should be clearing their desk at this very moment. 

I’d imagine that is the remit of the DoF.  

Falkirk sacked Bannon, when he was manager only, for making an error on a player eligibility. 

Can I add, I am not saying he should be sacked.  Just answering your question. 

Edited by Paolo

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And against Raith  this weekend. Surprised the hearing isnt tomorrow. Could be a meaningless game on Saturday. 

If I was paranoid in any way then it will be played after the tv cameras are there and Raith have coined it in.  Budge is on the spfl board though, there is no way we will get chucked out.  

When you are bringing through this many young players (far more than any other team) there is always the risk of something like this happening.

Which is why the people in charge of doing it need to be on the ball and checking every contract upon registration and making sure those registrations are done immediately and not just left to sit. 

Major **** up that can happen, does happen but shouldn't happen. 

If we lose the 3 points then I can’t see anyway we can finish as one of the top four group winners. Therefore we won’t be seeded if we do get through

heartmussel
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ironic with all the other players including Ryan Edwards available that Irving came on or was even on bench.  

My thoughts to

Out at group stages again. So many people arriving at club that we dropped the ball. Clowns.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And to think the loyalty point cull was upsetting......

Hearts what have you done to us. Lol.

Someone should defo be sacked.

I don’t think anyone should lost their job over it, that would be very harsh. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

It also says "Albion Rovers were thrown out", so yes thank you I can read.

"The governing body annulled the result of the first-round tie and awarded it to Spartans 3-0."

Seems that the paperwork for this had been completed. Was the paperwork with the SFA. If so why not. If it was there who was responsible for it being loaded onto there system.  Why were all these things not checked before the season started. No effort to deceive or gain any advantage here, just an administrative ****** up.  I'm sure that any sanction will be proportionate.  Lol.

1 minute ago, TurboT said:

If we lose the 3 points then I can’t see anyway we can finish as one of the top four group winners. Therefore we won’t be seeded if we do get through

Hibs at home next then :lol: 

Gigolo-Aunt
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

When you are bringing through this many young players (far more than any other team) there is always the risk of something like this happening.

Which is why the people in charge of doing it need to be on the ball and checking every contract upon registration and making sure those registrations are done immediately and not just left to sit. 

:cornette:

10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The buck stops with her I'm afraid. 

Rubbish. If it happens again I’d agree. Mistakes happen. Presume you have never made a mistake at work and retained your job? 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Out at group stages again. So many people arriving at club that we dropped the ball. Clowns.

What were the scores in the other games we played in the league cup?

CloustonHMFC

Utterly embarrassing from the club, situations like this shouldn’t occur in professional football.

The comparison for the Albion situation can’t be used as they were playing a knockout game and not a group game.

I still half hope that as we were 2-0 up when the change was made and it made no impact on the game we might get away with a slap on the wrist and fine. However more than likely we’ll lose the 3 points and end up with a 3-0 defeat.

Look on the bright side.     The possibility of a lenient kick up the bum and Hibs fans going nuclear armageddon about it.     

:greggy:

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

What if it ends up costing us a couple of hundred grand in fines and ticket sales...we should still pay their salary?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Dont be so dramatic, we will piss every other game and with no margins for error the players will be playing knock out games instead of a friendly knockabout. 

Just now, Gambo said:

If only we had a D.o.F. to make sure these things don't happen.

:laugh:

So you think a DOF should effectively check all the work their subordinates do?  What is the point having them and where does the DOF get time to actually do their own job?

Bazzas right boot

3-0 defeat.... 

Makes the other games more interesting. 

Not great and someone will be getting a boot up the arse. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

If we get knocked out then assume all tickets will be refunded.

What an absolute shambolic start to the season. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am sure Budge and Levein will still be smelling of roses.   

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

"The governing body annulled the result of the first-round tie and awarded it to Spartans 3-0."

Are you saying that report did not say "Albion Rovers were thrown out the cup" ?

I can see where it says the 3-0 stuff, can you see where it says they were thrown out?

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hearts should demand an answer before Saturdays game. 

What is the point if risking players v Raith if it is meaningless.

Agreed though we do need the match fitness these games bring but no5 sure BT will  be happy televising potentially meaningless games. . 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

That’s bollocks though, isn’t it.  New stand. New pitch. New team.

An admin mistake from some low level employee is hardly Mrs Budge’s fault.

In any well run organisation there would be controls and checks in place to prevent  an admin mistake by a low level employee having serious consequences for the business (assuming the blame lies only with a low level employee).

Just as a well run construction project would not have overlooked a failure to order a critical procurement item. And that was just one ****** up on the stand.

Just now, Mort said:

What if it ends up costing us a couple of hundred grand in fines and ticket sales...we should still pay their salary?

Yes.  Ruin someone’s livelihood is not worth it. 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Jesus christ

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Paolo said:

I’d imagine that is the remit of the DoF.  

Falkirk sacked Bannon, when he was manager only, for making an error on a player eligibility. 

Could well be, I'd imagine there will be an administrative secretary who will deal with the paper work though being a club of our size. Then again we appear to be run like a bowling committee at times so, who knows man.

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

I am sure Budge and Levein will still be smelling of roses.   

? are we out?! Belt up ffs.

Edited by BobbyJenkins

If we didn't gain a 'sporting advantage' I believe that precedent has already been set and established...

Winning 2 nil and then the sub comes on and we concede a goal, even more evidence of no sporting advantage. 

Cove Rangers and Stranraer both done the same in 2016 both were fined £2000, Cove lost the game anyway but Stranraer won and I think that result still stood

Anyone know if the groups are decided on goal difference or head 2 head of two teams are tied on the same points?

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

What value a cup run to the final?? Sorry but somebody should lose their job over it. Stringent procedures in place but we still messed up.