Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Guys, Hibs are losing 2-0.

:sweeet:Would rather we field an ineligible player every game rather than EFE AMBROSE. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sidjamesbottle
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Genius. We could tell them it was Cowie we brought on. He Just had the wrong shirt on

your on my wavelength mate get some cocaine in Martins locker and get him sacked as well

John Findlay

So all these people laying into Hearts and an employee of Hearts. Hands up all those who have never made a mistake st their work? You with your hands up, please lower them as you are lying.

3 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

i used to play under false names all the time when i was banned playing amateur got away with it loads o times

attachment.php?attachmentid=755350&d=152

5 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Was just about to buy my ticket for Tuesday as well...

I can 99% guarantee an attacking side...

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, XB52 said:

We could be kicked out but more likely cove will be awarded a 3 0 win

Maybe they'll shut the club down!! 

Escobar PHM
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Do two teams go through from each section?

8 group winners plus 4 best 2nd place teams.

We'll have to win the group because 9 points in second place is probably not enough

At this stage ICT have a goal difference of plus 5. We'd be minus 3 with a 3-0 punishment, so we'll need to turn quite a big GD around as well as winning all 3 remaining games.

Just now, John Findlay said:

So all these people laying into Hearts and an employee of Hearts. Hands up all those who have never made a mistake st their work? You with your hands up, please lower them as you are lying.

Making a mistake is one thing - The severity of mistake is another.  How is this so difficult to understand?

This mistake could cost the club Tens/Hundreds of Thousands of pounds! 

Sure it’s already been suggested but why can’t we use the ‘imperfectly registered ‘ defence? 

SuperstarSteve
7 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

i used to play under false names all the time when i was banned playing amateur got away with it loads o times

Ditto... gaffer would simply say, your names Duncan you got that? now on you go lol

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Making a mistake is one thing - The severity of mistake is another.  How is this so difficult to understand?

This mistake could cost the club Tens/Hundreds of Thousands of pounds! 

It may it may not. We have to wait and see. I won't lose my shit or sleep over it.

Escobar PHM
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Depends on the severity of the mistake John.

If I am last to leave the office and forget to switch a light off, boss is going to rebuke me in the morning. If I forget to sign and send a £100k contract to the right place and on time and we lose the deal, I'm gone.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Going by the statement, it looks like we missed the deadline in January to register the contract extension and when the Summer window opened, forgot that it was still needing to be done. The club should have a system in place to ensure this will never happen again.

As for our punishment, I wouldn't be too upset if they award the match to Cove Rangers. We deserve to be punished, Cove Rangers will probably be heading out anyway but you have to be fair to the other teams in our group.

A fine and making us replay the match could be another route they go down.

sidjamesbottle
1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Ditto... gaffer would simply say, your names Duncan you got that? now on you go lol

Thats spooky mate that is my name

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe they'll shut the club down!! 

10 year European football ban,  signings embargo for 3 years, and CL and AB both to put £1 in the sweary words tin

A_A wehatethehibs

Congratulations to Cove Rangers for winning their first ever competitive home game against Hearts 3-0 

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If I am last to leave the office last and forget to switch a light off, boss is going to rebuke me in the morning. If I forget to sign and send a £100k contract to the right place and on time and we lose the deal, I'm gone.

Yip, there’s elements in everyone’s work more crucial to get right than others. 

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We could be kicked out but more likely cove will be awarded a 3 0 win

Ict/Raith/Cowdenbeath may have something to say about that.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

10 year European football ban,  signings embargo for 3 years, and CL and AB both to put £1 in the sweary words tin

Minimum! 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Congratulations to Cove Rangers for winning their first ever competitive home game against Hearts 3-0 

Does McManus get a hatrrick, do the other two go to "trialist" or does he lose his goal too?

ROCK LOBSTER
20 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Like I said in the post you quoted...I’ll be amazed if this is down to one person.

You would hope Hearts have a process in place for a procedure of such importance, where due diligence is conducted to ensure compliance.

Normally the registration of  players is the responsibility of the club secretary. This is a massive mistake that wouldn't be done at boys club level. It's a total shambles, but it's not the first remember last season's league cup tie when a mix up with the squad numbers meant we couldn't make a sub and of course the seats for the new stand. Let's be honest if it was anyone else we would want them kicked out and I think this could happen, too many mistakes are being made too often, the club are trying to do too much at once and forgetting the basics but the manager is definitely not to blame for this one.

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If I am last to leave the office last and forget to switch a light off, boss is going to rebuke me in the morning. If I forget to sign and send a £100k contract to the right place and on time and we lose the deal, I'm gone.

Well said I'd assume this would be the outcome in most businesses

Escobar PHM
Just now, Gambo said:

Ict/Raith/Cowdenbeath may have something to say about that.

That might actually get us off the hook and we'll get a bigger fine and a replay. Giving a 3-0 win to Cove isn't fair on the other 3 teams.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Minimum! 

I wonder who turned the air bluer? My money is on Ann as she'd have had to write the Press Release...I wonder if she only uses words like "blast" like my granny for 90 years, of if she is a proper potty-mouth like my granny once she got dementia...

ROCK LOBSTER
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

A youth player ffs. Laughable error but obviously a mistake.  

Anything but laughable 

Captain Sausage
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

That might actually get us off the hook and we'll get a bigger fine and a replay. Giving a 3-0 win to Cove isn't fair on the other 3 teams.

We can but hope. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Beats said:

****ing jokers running our club. That's basics. Whoever is responsible should be bulleted.

This in spades.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Spellczech said:

I wonder who turned the air bluer? My money is on Ann as she'd have had to write the Press Release...I wonder if she only uses words like "blast" like my granny for 90 years, of if she is a proper potty-mouth like my granny once she got dementia...

At least one fiddlesticks and two piffles would be my bet.

Honest (albeit stupid) mistake though pretty embarrassing. I’m not losing my shit about it but a fine is hardly something we can afford.

i don’t think it’ll be points but a fine and some sort of suspended sentence.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sent to Australia on a prison ship!! 

Badoom tish!

Hungry hippo

9 points has a very good chance of qualifying if we can manage it.

In 2016 all three second placed teams that finished on 9 points progressed and last year two finished on 9 with Peterhead being the only unlucky ones out of all 5 teams. 

A minus 3 goal difference isn't an ideal start but it would still be very doable.

12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

We'll have to win the group because 9 points in second place is probably not enough

Finishing second with 3 wins from 4, will almost certainly see us finish as one of the best 2nd place finishes, anything better than that would win pretty much any of the groups

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, ROCK LOBSTER said:

Anything but laughable 

This. You would think that a check of the entire squads registration details would be on the to-do list before the first competitive match

There's various punishments been applied for fielding ineligible players so it's not a foregone conclusion Cove would be awarded a 3-0 win.

We'll find out on Monday but it is obviously a potentially very costly error.  With a bit of luck it'll be a fine and a slap on the wrist given he wasn't suspended and it is a purely administrative error.

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I've never made a mistake that caused my club to exit a cup at a ridiculously early stage.

Is that Ian Cathro I see with his hand in the air???

Spartans were once kicked out the Scottish Cup, because they simply forgot to sign one part of a lengthy form.  

Yes, it was a knock out competition, but their punishment was not a 3-0 defeat, it was expulsion.  

I am not saying this will happen to us, but it shows if the beaks want to dish out  a serve punishment, they will.  

Edited by Paolo

20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Despite the error I'd rather not go down the route of carrying out a witch hunt

It was a mistake but not a deliberate one and whist the persons or persons should be held to account we should remember there is a human being who will not be feeling too great at this moment and who may have a family to support

Providing there has been no previous cases lets just put it down to experience.....one though that should not be repeated

Yep that is my view as well.

Don't like the pack mentality hounding an ordinary Joe for making a mistake at his work.

As for Hearts just make sure it 'CANT' happen again.

It's not the start to the season we were hoping for.

Administrative errors like this simply shouldn't happen at a professional club. Mrs B will be rightfully raging.

Best we can hope for is three points docked and win the remaining games.

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I've never made a mistake that caused my club to exit a cup at a ridiculously early stage.

Is that Ian Cathro I see with his hand in the air???

To be fair that was about his 23rd vital mistake in a short space of time.

and our away win which is likes hens teeth these is null and void!! :jj_facepalm:

Also this is Hearts, not well like by most especially across the town you can guarantee we will get booted out. Petrie will see this happens.

Edited by Dannie Boy

FarmerTweedy
22 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Was just about to buy my ticket for Tuesday as well...

Same here. Think i'll leave it till nearer the time!