Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

They were there to be read yes but the FA never directly threw them out. It's just a sensationalist headline to draw in readers.

Cheers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we lose the 3 points and get a 3-0 defeat we’ll have to play our strongest team in remaining games and try and run the score up. Maximum points and a good goal difference might be required to win the group now.

Corstorphine Jambo

I assume team lines would be required for friendlies played and sent to the authorities? As Irving played in these, and clearly wasn’t marked as a trialist, I wonder why this wasn’t picked up sooner? Although I have no actual knowledge of how the process works - is every player on every team line checked by the authorities?

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Lee and Maclean will be extra raging losing their goals.

Yeah 

Goals annulled. Serves Lee right for missing that sitter though.  

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

But that is one if the main arguments of having a D.o.F., he can deal with all the admin/contracts/agents etc side of things and let the manager get on with it.

A DoF will do the contracts and high level detail of admin but they won't be doing the clerical side.  Does a lawyer do the filing and billing or pass that on to a secretary?

1 minute ago, red said:

Is what it is! Mistakes happen, we move on! Shite cup anyway

One of our two chances to win a trophy every season. Don’t see what’s shite about that.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Even more worrying is if the lad wasn't registered he was playing in league games from January so would've been playing when not registered in league also 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It is gross incompetence. Winning football games is the main aim of a football club. You can't do that if you are fielding ineligible players. Work hard in training all week, come up with tactics to get the result, get the result on the day...sorry lads, some buffoon in the back office forgot to do their job so it was all for nothing.

Still not gross incompetence, whatever that is. As I said , incompetence yes, oversight yes, straightforward admin error yes. Must not happen again or it will be a firing offence. 

Just now, Corstorphine Jambo said:

I assume team lines would be required for friendlies played and sent to the authorities? As Irving played in these, and clearly wasn’t marked as a trialist, I wonder why this wasn’t picked up sooner? Although I have no actual knowledge of how the process works - is every player on every team line checked by the authorities?

Just that the team in SFA that checks these things probably works 9-5

Just heard this on the radio. Oh...My...God

And we could lose the 3 points over this? Over playing Irvine!

I hope to feck they at least replay the game. 

There is no point arguing about us being thrown out. That won't happen. If you field an ineligible player in a league game then you don't get thrown out of the competition, you likely end up with a 3-0 loss for the game. It is in nobody's interests to have any club thrown out of a competition. 

BobbyJenkins
16 minutes ago, Paolo said:

No.  It is a bad mistake, and an embarrassing one. We do not yet know the punishment, or impact of it.  But criticism is due regardless.  Some will give it. Some will still refuse to criticise, and even deflect, in the false belief, it makes them less of a fan. 

Proportionality and perspective are all that’s required here. Digs about smelling of roses etc is unecessary bollocks imo. Some people apply the same degree of outrage to anything that happens with us.

sairyinthat
32 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

List of possible sanctions.

J16 Upon determining that a breach of or failure to fulfil the Rules or Regulations has been established, the Board or, as the case may be, a Commission may:-

J16.1 give a warning as to future conduct;

J16.2 give a reprimand;

J16.3 impose a fine;

J16.4 annul the result of an Official Match;

J16.5 order that an Official Match be replayed;

J16.6 impose a deduction of points;

J16.7 award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate) to a Club;

J16.8 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;

J16.9 order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such purposes as it thinks appropriate;

J16.10 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it thinks appropriate;

Plus others which don't seem applicable. 

Don't see expulsion of the offending club in those 10 p0ssible sanctions.

There should be checks on player registrations before the season starts, before the January window opens and after it closes and at the end of the season. Should be a piece of pish to check it online. Amateur hour.

Also the football staff should be telling the admin staff the squad before the first game of the season as a safety check.

Escobar PHM
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Even more worrying is if the lad wasn't registered he was playing in league games from January so would've been playing when not registered in league also 

He was registered properly up to 9th June so we're okay there. However we have also illegally fielded him in friendlies this summer. Dont know if they will take that into account

3fingersreid

Dunfermline and East Stirling have been thrown out for the exact same circumstances in the past 

amateurish embarrassing and unacceptable 

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Still not gross incompetence, whatever that is. As I said , incompetence yes, oversight yes, straightforward admin error yes. Must not happen again or it will be a firing offence. 

?

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No

He was registered till 9 June 2018

SuperstarSteve
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Last season Kilmarnock finished 2nd in group on 9 points and qualified. Beating Peterhead on goal difference. 

But more likely need to win group. 5-0 v Raith and 8-0 v Cowdenbeath should set us up for Inverness game. 

Weve put 10 by Cowdenbeath before so I’m thinking 8 shouldn’t be a problem ?

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We shall have to agree to disagree.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Well, it happens, nobody has died and even if the win is awarded to Cove, we will still win the group.

We'll learn and move on.

:cornette:

4 minutes ago, thejts said:

We had a 5 hour round trip last night to watch the game and I'm feckin raging.

We have tickets for Saturday too . I will be getting a refund if I don't know the outcome first .

Maybe I feel different on Saturday but I doubt it .

However I don't think we should lie back and accept 3 point deduction yet .

There is no precedent exactly the same as ours .Rangers played for years with ineligible players and did not not lose any points.

If we do though I won't be going to any other group games that's for sure .

I'm raging too as I won't be going on Saturday but have tickets for Cowdenbeath and Inverness, and won't be going to either if they are meaningless.

One of our two chances of silverware could be over after 1 game.  An absolute ****ing disgrace.

7 minutes ago, Husky said:

The administration side of our club is a shambles

In future please employ people who are professional 

in administration hibs will be having a right laugh

FTH

part_time_jambo
Just now, Morph said:

Another mistake in a long line of **** ups from this board. 

Read the first page then jumped to the last page as I couldn't be bothered reading it all. Has it been posts like this for 7 pages? (nothing wrong with the post itself, but not 7 pages worth)

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Gambo said:

Cheers.

So if you read the whole article you would have understood that they weren't directly thrown out? Good, don't want people fearing we'll be thrown out due to this.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Previous contract ran until June so he was contracted. 

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Dunfermline and East Stirling have been thrown out for the exact same circumstances in the past 

amateurish embarrassing and unacceptable 

Thrown out OR opposition awarded a victory?

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sanity on jkb? Day to remember! 

Potentially a mistake which coukd costs an absolute minimum of 100k. Sacking in any line of work. There area

acceptable and unacceptable incompetence 

3 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Proportionality and perspective are all that’s required here. Digs about smelling of roses etc is unecessary bollocks imo. Some people apply the same degree of outrage to anything that happens with us.

I agree.  

I am sure if this happened under Pieman’s and Hamster’s watch, people would happily dismiss it as a simple mistake, not warranting criticism. 

Edited by Paolo

gashauskis9

Maybe if we spent less time signing 10 new central midfielders and more time resigning the ones we had eh.  ****ing shambles.

10 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

You really are a trolling prick!   

There is no more a punishment of being thrown out of the cup than there was a punishment of The Rangers being relegated.   

You've been shown the actual rules and keep on with your lies.  I really hate scum like you.  Lying scum and working to destroy HMFC for some reason despite claiming to be a fan. 

Once more with feeling! you are scum!

The actual state of this felly :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No. Read the club statement.

kingantti1874
Just now, Gambo said:

Thrown out OR opposition awarded a victory?

Your right Gambo.. no one has been thrown out..  they've lost a the which means they go out

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Another mistake in a long line of **** ups from this board. 

You mean like building the new stand, laying the new pitch and attracting major sponsorship and benefactors 

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

I agree.  

I am sure if this happen under Pieman’s and Hamster’s watch, people would happily dismiss it as a simple mistake, not warranting criticism. 

I definitely would, can’t speak for others. Criticism would be levelled BUT it would be proportionate and relevant ?.

Edited by BobbyJenkins

alwaysthereinspirit
50 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I doubt we’ll be kicked out - we would have if it was a knock-out game.

As said previously, an embarrassment for a club our size.

This.

Would hate to be the person that had to knock on Budge or Leveins office door.

" Excuse me Ma'am, do you have a second"

Mistakes happen, as demonstrated by the existence of pant wetting posters on this thread. £2k fine and nothing else, anything more would be harsh.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So if you read the whole article you would have understood that they weren't directly thrown out? Good, don't want people fearing we'll be thrown out due to this.

They were thrown out whatever way you look at it.

Tell me how giving the opposition a 3-0 victory keeps them in?

4 minutes ago, red said:

Is what it is! Mistakes happen, we move on! Shite cup anyway

This has been the attitude for far to long regarding this cup.I went to Cove last night and spent hard earned money for nothing by the looks of it. Also bought tickets including hospitality for the ICT game for all betfred games. Now they could be no more than meaningless friendlies. So no mate, I don’t have your “mistakes happen, shite cup anyway, it is what it is” attitude towards this one.

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

The actual state of this felly :lol: 

I fear for him, he needs help IMO

Just now, BigAlim said:

All that for nothing then eh? What a waste of my time off and money 

Exactly. read my post under this one.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

They were thrown out whatever way you look at it.

Tell me how giving the opposition a 3-0 victory keeps them in?

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Cove Rangers and Stranraer were each fined £2000 in 2016 for fielding ineligible players in the Betfred Cup.

Both players were unused subs though