Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Are you saying that report did not say "Albion Rovers were thrown out the cup" ?

I can see where it says the 3-0 stuff, can you see where it says they were thrown out?

The title is incorrect, they weren't thrown out the cup. Surely you see that?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Out at group stages again. So many people arriving at club that we dropped the ball. Clowns.

Not if we win the next 3.

Are you saying that report did not say "Albion Rovers were thrown out the cup" ?

I can see where it says the 3-0 stuff, can you see where it says they were thrown out?

When you lose a Cup knock out game 3-0 you are out. "Thrown out" is accurate. 

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's not just a minor thing as this could cost the club £200,000 plus

I find it hard to believe that no one checked just who was registered prior to the match...just slack procedures and working practices by those involved

I’m sure I read that Motherwell’s league cup (albeit they made the final. No reason why Hearts couldn’t this season) run made them close to £600000!

FarmerTweedy
20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Here's a prime example from last season...we could well be leaving the league cup

The Scottish Professional Football League has opened disciplinary proceedings against Albion Rovers, after the League One side fielded an ineligible player during their Challenge Cup victory over Spartans.

Liam McGuigan was on the Rovers bench for the first-round tie on Tuesday.

The midfielder's team won 5-4 on penalties after a goalless 120 minutes.

Both teams will be entered in Thursday's second-round draw, pending the outcome of the proceedings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40951947

Albion Rovers have been thrown out of the Scottish Challenge Cup and fined £2,000 for fielding an unregistered player in their win over Spartans.

It means the Lowland League side will instead host Linfield in the second round on 2 September.

The Wee Rovers won the tie on 15 August on penalties after a 0-0 draw, but 18-year-old debutant Liam McGuigan had not been registered.

He had previously been part of the League One club's development squad.

Rovers, who are managed by former Motherwell and Scotland midfielder Brian Kerr, pleaded guilty to a breach of the competition's regulations at a Scottish Professional Football League hearing.

The governing body annulled the result of the first-round tie and awarded it to Spartans 3-0.

Midfielder McGuigan came on as a 71st-minute substitute for Michael Hopkins.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41038340

Based on that, we should expect the match to be awarded as a 3-0 win to Cove.  It does leave us needing to win all three remaining games, but that's certainly doable.

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

If we get knocked out then assume all tickets will be refunded.

What an absolute shambolic start to the season. 

Probably with a bit of emotional blackmail attached.  “We have fantastic supporters we say sorry to and you are all welcome to a return for your tickets we value all your support and look forward to your backing this coming season” 

sidjamesbottle
15 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Just how many more amateur bumbling's must the long suffering Supporters of Heart of Midlothian have to put up with from the Buffoons in charge of our Football Club????

Have a word with yourself ya clown

Ferryjambo99
8 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

List of possible sanctions.

J16 Upon determining that a breach of or failure to fulfil the Rules or Regulations has been established, the Board or, as the case may be, a Commission may:-

J16.1 give a warning as to future conduct;

J16.2 give a reprimand;

J16.3 impose a fine;

J16.4 annul the result of an Official Match;

J16.5 order that an Official Match be replayed;

J16.6 impose a deduction of points;

J16.7 award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate) to a Club;

J16.8 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;

J16.9 order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such purposes as it thinks appropriate;

J16.10 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it thinks appropriate;

Plus others which don't seem applicable. 

So there is no "kicked out the cup" punishment. 

3-0 cove win it will be

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

So you think a DOF should effectively check all the work their subordinates do?  What is the point having them and where does the DOF get time to actually do their own job?

It is his responsibility.  That is why Bushe originally split the roles. 

And, yes, in any job, if someone does **** up, their manager is ultimately responsible, and will be judged on it. 

As I said in an earlier post, not saying he should be sacked (though others have), but he is responsible.  

I am sure KB will find a way to shield him from responsibility. 

This is up there as the worst day of my entire life. 

Sitting here DYING of embarrassment. 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So you think a DOF should effectively check all the work their subordinates do?  What is the point having them and where does the DOF get time to actually do their own job?

But that is one if the main arguments of having a D.o.F., he can deal with all the admin/contracts/agents etc side of things and let the manager get on with it.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is a different perhaps unprecedented situation in being a group game

Perhaps 3-0 victories awarded to every team. Surely the fairest outcome. And then the punishment of having to refund tickets for the home games. Hearing is Monday after Raith game but before Cowdenbeath and Inverness games. 

Why should Cove be awarded points but not the others? 

Maybe get/ need a friendly to make up the money / games. 

Ehhh? 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What value a cup run to the final?? Sorry but somebody should lose their job over it. Stringent procedures in place but we still messed up.

Someone should lose their job of our players don’t do their job and win the next 3 games? 

Embarrassing. For a club of our stature to make such a mistake is honestly laughable.

If this hinders the chance of the club winning silverware, then someone needs severely dealt with.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Someone should lose their job of our players don’t do their job and win the next 3 games? 

Totally different argument.

She keeps telling the world we're so well run as a club...................maybe we've disappeared up our own erchie with that mantra

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

If we didn't gain a 'sporting advantage' I believe that precedent has already been set and established...

Winning 2 nil and then the sub comes on and we concede a goal, even more evidence of no sporting advantage. 

That is a special rule, for ‘certain’ clubs. 

Just now, jamle1874 said:

£2k and a loss of the match.  There’s no way they will move the goalposts because this will be high profile tomorrow.

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

As a side issue and a bug bear of mine.

We give team line ups to a League official before the game (referee), he accepts that and game starts. He should have a list from SFA of who is able to play for both teams.

Not an excuse in this case as that is not the rules just now.

Indeed, sjouldn’t be difficult with current technology. Total ****** up from Hearts though. 

3 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Cove Rangers and Stranraer both done the same in 2016 both were fined £2000, Cove lost the game anyway but Stranraer won and I think that result still stood

Because, in both cases, the player in question was an unused sub.

Bazzas right boot

Someone needs to learn to hit the send button. 

Seats, team sheets. 

Hit ****in' enter. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

This is up there as the worst day of my entire life. 

Sitting here DYING of embarrassment. 

Really.

14 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If we're thrown out of the cup or the game is awarded to Cove, whoever is responsible for this needs to be dismissed.

Absolutely pathetic and inexcusable way to run a football club.

Shameful tbh. 

You are the guy who has never made a mistake at work  I presume? Probably the only one in the world. 

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not if we win the next 3.

Peterhead finished 2nd on 9 points last season and were knocked out. 

maroonsgotop
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

with the hearing not being until after our game v raith, that might help us as the spfl might not want to been seen to allow a game to go ahead when expulsion can happen after it.

Cove and Raith will have their cash and if we get thrown out it would only be Hearts that would lose out by having 2 home games coming up. Also have all out other contract extensions been checked over or is this the only ****** up

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

The title is incorrect, they weren't thrown out the cup. Surely you see that?

I can see that. I did not though say the words "Albion Rovers were thrown out" were not there to read.

Utterly embarrassing and I'm quite angry about it.  Yes, mistakes happen, but making sure your players are registered properly should be an absolute priority.  On the basis that we've signed up a number of the youngsters and a whole team of new players, you would have thought proper checks had taken place.

dont think we'll get booted.  There was a decline in the result since the lad came on so he actually helped Cove!  But even awarding a 3-0 win to Cove would be pretty galling.

Hearts, you deserve this :cornette_dog:

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Totally different argument.

Se get chucked out,  someone should be on a final warning and will probably walk regardless unless it’s Levein who is in charge or someone he brought in to deal with this side of things.  3 points lost then some person doesn’t have to sit there and pray like feck we go through then take the club to a tribunal if we don’t.  It’s not how Human Resources works I’m afraid. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Beats said:

We need to be on 9 and above ICT then. 

Need to win 3 and top the group. 

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Because, in both cases, the player in question was an unused sub.

And both clubs got pumped anyway. 

7 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

? are we out?! Belt up ffs.

No.  It is a bad mistake, and an embarrassing one. We do not yet know the punishment, or impact of it.  But criticism is due regardless.  Some will give it. Some will still refuse to criticise, and even deflect, in the false belief, it makes them less of a fan. 

Edited by Paolo

Captain Canada

Mistakes happen unfortunately but it's a real embarrassment and very annoying. 

Any punishment should be handed out tomorrow so us and Raith know where we stand for Saturday though. It's obviously our fault but you'd think there would be a way to check when the team sheets are handed in. I hope we're checking Cove's registrations too just in case they made a mistake as well. 

been here before

Totz beemur, like.

Take the grief and move on. Dint think we'll get booted out but we shall see.

Cant help but think a few of the souls on the match thread will be secretly quite chuffed about this.

maroonsgotop

If we don't get kicked out the only guarantee to qualify is to finish top and we are already 9 goals behind ICT assuming Cove get handed a 3-0 win

12 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I’d imagine that is the remit of the DoF.  

Falkirk sacked Bannon, when he was manager only, for making an error on a player eligibility. 

Can I add, I am not saying he should be sacked.  Just answering your question. 

Do you honestly believe that Levein is personally responsible for registering the contracts of circa 160 players with the SFA?? 

Edited by soonbe110

Ferryjambo99

I can see that. I did not though say the words "Albion Rovers were thrown out" were not there to read.

That's the reporter saying that, journalistic licence. As illustrated by the list of punishments above you cannot be kicked out, just a 3-0 win awarded to the other team

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So we agree that we can expect a 3-0 defeat rather than be thrown out? Like you suggested.

If we don’t get our act together then we could be out of the League Cup come Saturday night.

If that happens then I will be requesting a full refund for the tickets I have bought for the Cowdenbeath and Inverness games. 

Shambolic stuff. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you honestly believe that Levein is personally responsible for registering the contracts of circa 60 players with the SFA?? 

He is ultimately responsible.  Not personally, though, that is why I never said he should be sacked. 

Edited by Paolo

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Beats said:

Dunfernline didn't lose a game though did they not? So if we manage to up the anty and beat the remaining 3 we could still finish top

5 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

So there is no "kicked out the cup" punishment. 

3-0 cove win it will be

It is most likely 

Cove won't be affecting anyone else (i.e. best placed 2nd place) unless they win their last 2 games which is not so likely 

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

If it was anybody else they'd get a fine or a replay.

We'll simply be booted out.

We are as good as booted out with a 3-0 award anyway . 

9 pts prod won't be enough to take us through and even if we sneak through in 2nd we will be unseeded .