Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So we agree that we can expect a 3-0 defeat rather than be thrown out? Like you suggested.

No.

You could read it as A.R. thrown out and opponents awarded tie 3-0.

We will need to see what happens.

So you agree the words Albion Rovers were thrown out were there to be read?

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Someone has to be sacked for this as it is gross incompetence.

I think we need to know the result before Saturday as there is no point our fans travelling on Saturday if we are going to be expelled or effectively put out by any punishment.

Incompetent, careless mistake, oversight, but not gross incompetence. Admin error, must not happen again. End of story imo. 

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think if it was knockout stage you'd be correct.. as it's in essence a "mini league" they Will treat it the same as a league fixture and award a 3-0 to Cove. Despite SFA being anti hearts..  they won't want the 3rd biggest club in the country out because of an admin error.  Question is.. can we still get through 

The responsible party should be sacked 

Nothing to do with the SFA and why would they be anti-hearts? 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Incompetent, careless mistake, oversight, but not gross incompetence. Admin error, must not happen again. End of story imo. 

I think we all said that with the seat fiasco yet here we are again with yet another farcical situation. 

Ferryjambo99
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is most likely 

Cove won't be affecting anyone else (i.e. best placed 2nd place) unless they win their last 2 games which is not so likely 

Also possible cove would prefer the financial inventive of a second game against hearts

Escobar PHM
14 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

If I was paranoid in any way then it will be played after the tv cameras are there and Raith have coined it in.  Budge is on the spfl board though, there is no way we will get chucked out.  

Budge being on the board will not help us. Lets not forget that a 3-0 win to Cove gives them, and them alone an advantage. You could say thats unfair on Raith, Cowdenbeath and Inverness. You'd definitely say it was unfair if Cove qualify at the expense of any of those teams. They may well take the view that sporting integrity and fairness to ALL the other clubs in the group dictates they all get a 3-0 win against us and we get excluded.

Just to be clear here.  The SFA has an online registration system. Suggesting its pretty easy for clubs. 

Mistake made in January as well. So no one is doing checks which is what has now presumably been put in place. 

I'm still reeling from the shock of seeing that Craig Levein sceptics think that Craig Levein should take the blame.     Dizzy with astonishment.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Really.

As you can see from his reply to you, IT is at the wind up.

Budge/Levein can do NO wrong in his eyes.

11 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Anyone know if the groups are decided on goal difference or head 2 head of two teams are tied on the same points?

Goal difference as games aren’t home and away. 

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

But that is one if the main arguments of having a D.o.F., he can deal with all the admin/contracts/agents etc side of things and let the manager get on with it.

I'm probably mistaken but this would have been Scot Gardiners remit this time last year.

The person responsible under the restructure will the person who has taken on the player registration responsibilities.

Old structure / new structure, I'd  doubt it was Levein directly.

Ultimately everyone reports to AB who led the restructure.

Should she go?

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Out at group stages again. So many people arriving at club that we dropped the ball. Clowns.

It happened in January. Not many arrived in January. 

So, how was the registration error discovered? 

Does somebody check player registration in detail after each game?  If so, why not do it BEFORE the game?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm probably mistaken but this would have been Scot Gardiners remit this time last year.

The person responsible under the restructure will the person who has taken on the player registration responsibilities.

Should she go?

Mistake made in January

Scott Gardiner away before then 

Edited by Mikey1874

Reckon it means minus 3 points as a 3-0 defeat 

The 23 shots last night become irrelevant - better get the shooting boots on this Saturday - nothing less than a 4-0 win is really acceptable 

Shambolic from the staff in charge of such a basic item - in fact - worse than shambolic 

Finlay James

Well, it happens, nobody has died and even if the win is awarded to Cove, we will still win the group.

We'll learn and move on.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Budge being on the board will not help us. Lets not forget that a 3-0 win to Cove gives them, and them alone an advantage. You could say thats unfair on Raith, Cowdenbeath and Inverness. You'd definitely say it was unfair if Cove qualify at the expense of any of those teams. They may well take the view that sporting integrity and fairness to ALL the other clubs in the group dictates they all get a 3-0 win against us and we get excluded.

We won't be excluded and I'm happy to bet on that . 

3-0 defeat and a fine 

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

So, how was the registration error discovered? 

Does somebody check player registration in detail after each game?  If so, why not do it BEFORE the game?

No time before games. Guess its all done afterwards 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Process needs to be more rigorous I imagine.  

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Should she go?

I'm not saying Levein should go. I put a wee smilie in my post to hint at not serious.

It is though part of a D.o.F. job to make sure these things are done correctly.

Fine and a warning.  And we deserve to know if the offender faces disciplinary measures.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, best in the land said:

embarrassing! no excuses person responsible should be sacked!

amateur mistake

Sacked?

Over a mistake?

:cornette:

Every single person in every job ever would be fired.

Learn the lesson, don't do it again, move on.

Edited by New York Fleapit

Amateur hour again, as with the seats last season...Why would you not do a full squad eligibility check before the first competitive game of the season?

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Cove haven’t a hope in hell of qualifying.  In fact Cowden beat them on Saturday they can’t and that’s betore the hearing.  It makes Raith a massive game for us though, if we where going to get kicked out the hearing would be before that match as we could put in a official complaint risking first team players for a non competitive match.  Fine if £2k and they win 3-0.  Budge is on the board and the official apology right away to Cove will have been done for a reason. 

Another Robbo

Wow this is embarrassing.

Although we should be brass necked and ask for Haring’s yellow card to be rescinded if the tie is 

void ?

Very. Unprofessional mistake.

Pretty embarrassing.

We highlighted the error and apologised.

We'll lose the match 3-0.

We learn and move on.

We SHOULD win remaining matches.

It Should be enough.

HHGH.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mistake made in January

Scott Gardiner away before then 

Yep.

At no point was I blaming Gardiner.  More the person who took on his duties.

I'd be surprised if it was Levein.

maroonexile
7 minutes ago, Mort said:

I think we all said that with the seat fiasco yet here we are again with yet another farcical situation. 

Ohhh that won’t be popular on here. 

True though.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It is gross incompetence. Winning football games is the main aim of a football club. You can't do that if you are fielding ineligible players. Work hard in training all week, come up with tactics to get the result, get the result on the day...sorry lads, some buffoon in the back office forgot to do their job so it was all for nothing.

The administration side of our club is a shambles

In future please employ people who are professional 

in administration hibs will be having a right laugh

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, PeterintheRain said:

You really are a trolling prick!   

There is no more a punishment of being thrown out of the cup than there was a punishment of The Rangers being relegated.   

You've been shown the actual rules and keep on with your lies.  I really hate scum like you.  Lying scum and working to destroy HMFC for some reason despite claiming to be a fan. 

Once more with feeling! you are scum!

I fear we won't see you again, Peter.

best in the land
2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Sacked?

Over a mistake?

imo yes

sidjamesbottle
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In any well run organisation there would be controls and checks in place to prevent  an admin mistake by a low level employee having serious consequences for the business (assuming the blame lies only with a low level employee).

Just as a well run construction project would not have overlooked a failure to order a critical procurement item. And that was just one ****** up on the stand.

you really are a bore

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No.

You could read it as A.R. thrown out and opponents awarded tie 3-0.

We will need to see what happens.

So you agree the words Albion Rovers were thrown out were there to be read?

They were there to be read yes but the FA never directly threw them out. It's just a sensationalist headline to draw in readers.

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Someone has to be sacked for this as it is gross incompetence.

I think we need to know the result before Saturday as there is no point our fans travelling on Saturday if we are going to be expelled or effectively put out by any punishment.

We had a 5 hour round trip last night to watch the game and I'm feckin raging.

We have tickets for Saturday too . I will be getting a refund if I don't know the outcome first .

Maybe I feel different on Saturday but I doubt it .

However I don't think we should lie back and accept 3 point deduction yet .

There is no precedent exactly the same as ours .Rangers played for years with ineligible players and did not not lose any points.

If we do though I won't be going to any other group games that's for sure .

Stewie Griffin
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fine and a warning.  And we deserve to know if the offender faces disciplinary measures.

Whoever was responsible should be sacked simple as that 

4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Sacked?

Over a mistake?

Every single person in every job ever would be fired.

Learn the lesson, don't do it again, move on.

Sanity on jkb? Day to remember! 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, best in the land said:

imo yes

Should players who make mistakes that cost games be sacked?

Where is the line, in your opinion?

Last season Kilmarnock finished 2nd in group on 9 points and qualified. Beating Peterhead on goal difference. 

But more likely need to win group. 5-0 v Raith and 8-0 v Cowdenbeath should set us up for Inverness game. 

Cove Rangers and Stranraer were each fined £2000 in 2016 for fielding ineligible players in the Betfred Cup.