Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

Bazzas right boot

If you're going to **** up, do it now. 

Imagine this, after say a 5-1 cup final win. 

We'll get a 3-0 defeat, nobody else will get that against us as we haven't played them. 

Can't see us getting kicked out, their are predicents in the game being a 3-0 defeat in league and Cup football. 

Someone needs a kick up the arse and we'll need to rack up the goals v the other teams to finish 1st. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Potentially a mistake which coukd costs an absolute minimum of 100k. Sacking in any line of work. There area

acceptable and unacceptable incompetence 

“Could” is just a maybe. No real value in your comment. At this stage no guarantee that we will qualify from group stage. Same as last season. Liverpool sacked Karius  yet? Cost them millions. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

They were thrown out whatever way you look at it.

Tell me how giving the opposition a 3-0 victory keeps them in?

2 leg game. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mean like building the new stand, laying the new pitch and attracting major sponsorship and benefactors 

:thumbs_up:

Anything remotely bad news and the same zombies muster for a feed.  

1 minute ago, Gibbster said:

Mistakes happen, as demonstrated by the existence of pant wetting posters on this thread. £2k fine and nothing else, anything more would be harsh.

Anything else would be harsh, but the rules allow for the beaks to be harsh   And remember, the beaks have form of not only applying harsh rules on us, but actually changing the rules to allow them to be harsh on us. 

We we have no control over that, but we do have control of not fecking up in the first place. 

Looking at the statement again and the fact that he was our player and it just wasn't loaded onto the SFA server there is a chance we may just be fined . 

They could be sympathetic to us and it's a slightly different senario from Albion Rovers . 

Saying that most probable outcome is a 3-0 loss , def won't be an expulsion for this . 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't know whether to laugh or be angry!! :facepalm:

Laugh, there's enough people being angry already. 

:pimp2:

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, SUTOL said:

Laugh, there's enough people being angry already. 

:pimp2:

Aye you're right! :rofl::laugh:

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

you really are a bore

It is a simple if to you boring fact that a well run business will understand that people make mistakes and procedures need to be in place to identify and correct in a timely way mistakes that could cause significant damage to the business. 

I'd quite like Hearts be boringly efficient.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your right Gambo.. no one has been thrown out..  they've lost a the which means they go out

Both were expelled from the competition (Scottish Cup).

Bazzas right boot

Makes the other games very important and we need to switch on mentally, will help us get a Seige mentality and make the ICT game a shoot out. 

Exciting if anything 

Nothing boring. 

All a marketing ploy to get Tynecastle up and rocking, shift more tickets and get everyone angry for shitty lc group games. :ninja:

Great plan. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

“Could” is just a maybe. No real value in your comment. At this stage no guarantee that we will qualify from group stage. Same as last season. Liverpool sacked Karius  yet? Cost them millions. 

Not the same thing at all. 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

No probs we will win rest of games

Looking at the groups as they are just now. 9 points may not be enough.

Apologies if already covered but haven't the time to read the whole wrist slicing thread.

Is their any precedents for this in League Cup Groups.

Not interested in SC precedents as obviously KO competition would mean forfeiting the tie which would be elimination.

Awarding a 3-0 win to Cove would be unfair on the other teams in the group.

Perhaps a better comparison would be what would happen if this had been a league match.

Amazing that this can happen when we have so many admin staff at the club.

sairyinthat
17 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Silly mistake, embarrassing and no doubt we’ll get emptied.

Nope more likely play it again Sam.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is a simple if to you boring fact that a well run business will understand that people make mistakes and procedures need to be in place to identify and correct in a timely way mistakes that could cause significant damage to the business. 

I'd quite like Hearts be boringly efficient.

Correct.

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

:(

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Can't blame Scot Gardiner this time.

Was he not the guy that should have loaded it onto the system in January?

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

:facepalm:

Just to clarify, at no stage have I saud Hearts will be thrown out, or fined, or awarded a defeat. I have said we will have to wait and see.

You though seem to know for a fact we won't be expelled/kicked out (you may be right.)

Dunfermline and East Stirling both expelled from cup competition for fielding ineligible players. Expelled, no 3-0 victory to opposition.

So who knows (apart from you) what the outcome will be.

I can understand people saying this is laughable, embarrassing, shameful for a club of our size etc...but can’t understanding people shouting for someone to lose their job over it.

Everyone on this forum has made a mistake in their workplace...every...single...one of you. Nobody here knows the circumstances with respect to how this happened, indeed I’d be surprised if anyone on here knows the polices and procedures internally within Hearts regarding how administration like this is dealt with...for them to make a judgement regarding someone losing their job over it.

I’d be further surprised if an important admin task like this is the sole responsibility of one individual, and that nobody provides a layer of due diligence to ensure work is completed (if that much responsibility is placed on one person, what happens if that one person is on holiday, off work unwell etc?).

Unfortunately, we just need to take our medicine on this (whatever it ends up being), take the incoming ridicule from other fans...and move on, whilst trying to pump the rest of the teams and still qualify.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It will be if we finish top, beat the other 3, get a better gd and we can be top. 

Probably need 3 or 4 of ICT

Cruyff Turn
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Adds pressure to the weekend match.

Win or go home.

A good thing perhaps, makes the games more meaningful. 

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

I can understand people saying this is laughable, embarrassing, shameful for a club of our size etc...but can’t understanding people shouting for someone to lose their job over it.

Everyone on this forum has made a mistake in their workplace...every...single...one of you. Nobody here knows the circumstances with respect to how this happened, indeed I’d be surprised if anyone on here knows the polices and procedures internally within Hearts regarding how administration like this is dealt with...for them to make a judgement regarding someone losing their job over it.

I’d be further surprised if an important admin task like this is the sole responsibility of one individual, and that nobody provides a layer of due diligence to ensure work is completed (if that much responsibility is placed on one person, what happens if that one person is on holiday, off work unwell etc?).

Unfortunately, we just need to take our medicine on this (whatever it ends up being), take the incoming ridicule from other fans...and move on, whilst trying to pump the rest of the teams and still qualify.

Okay hands up anyone who made a mistake that cost their company in excess of £100k as well as made them a public laughing stock and kept their job.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Just to clarify, at no stage have I saud Hearts will be thrown out, or fined, or awarded a defeat. I have said we will have to wait and see.

You though seem to know for a fact we won't be expelled/kicked out (you may be right.)

Dunfermline and East Stirling both expelled from cup competition for fielding ineligible players. Expelled, no 3-0 victory to opposition.

So who knows (apart from you) what the outcome will be.

3-0 defeat has been standard across Europe recently, celtic overturning a 1st leg defeat with a 3-0 default win being a high profile one. 

No one knows, but on past form a 3-0 defeat would be were I place my money. 

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Anyone who makes a mistake in their job that affects the company's reputation and income can expect to get their jotters.

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Was he not the guy that should have loaded it onto the system in January?

Maybe was, but it was certainly not his job in July to make sure the players we planned to use in games this season had all the correct paperwork.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Absolutely embrassing by the club things like this should be nowhere near any SPL full time club. If this results in points deducted and then we potentially end up with another struggle to qualify for the league cup all because of somebody’s incompetence then we really need to review staff behind the scenes far more carefully. Hope this is just a fine and we can move on.

3fingersreid
23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thrown out OR opposition awarded a victory?

Thrown out 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Okay hands up anyone who made a mistake that cost their company in excess of £100k as well as made them a public laughing stock and kept their job.

Boris Johnson 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

As a side issue and a bug bear of mine.

We give team line ups to a League official before the game (referee), he accepts that and game starts. He should have a list from SFA of who is able to play for both teams.

Not an excuse in this case as that is not the rules just now.

Nah the ref had more important things to worry about before a game than the administrative tasks of running a football club. The responsibility is quite rightly on the clubs imo. 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

The buck stops with her I'm afraid. 

Nonsense. The buck doesn't stop at the very top for something like this. In every business, tasks are delegated down the chain depending on responsibility and skills. Those tasks are the responsibility of the individual given the task, or potentially the person giving it to them if they've left it to someone not equipped. In your world employees everywhere can just do as they please as they'll face no consequences as the buck stops with the CEO. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly the same circumstances it seems, an academy player playing for the first team without his contract being updated. Unbelievable mistake for this club to make, shambolic. 

Different in that it was a knock out tie. I think the key point is whether it's; chucked out and tie recorded as 3 nil or tie awarded as 3 nil (which results in going out in a knockout or a loss in a group stage such as for us). 

50 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Yeah Edwards should have come on regardless 

Doubt it would have mattered as he was still on the bench. 

44 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Just now, frankblack said:

Anyone who makes a mistake in their job that affects the company's reputation and income can expect to get their jotters.

Again, I’ll point out I’d be amazed if this was the responsibility of ONE person.

sidjamesbottle
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mean like building the new stand, laying the new pitch and attracting major sponsorship and benefactors 

spot on mate another fud on the forum

Even at under 10's player registration is taken very seriously, I would fully expect a hefty slap here. As others said, shree nil to cove.

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It will be if we finish top, beat the other 3, get a better gd and we can be top. 

If only there were some Hearts friendly people at ICT...

:sadrobbo:

Folk defending this as a run of the mill error :facepalm: 

Errors happen, yes - of course.  But this could cost the club tens of thousands of pounds.  This is a sackable.  

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Like I said in the post you quoted...I’ll be amazed if this is down to one person.

You would hope Hearts have a process in place for a procedure of such importance, where due diligence is conducted to ensure compliance.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

“It’s okay boss, we move on...”

Bazzas right boot

Can't blame the technology. 

We are checking the, hardware, server and software for faults this very moment. 

timeline_computers_1950.seac-swac.jpg

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Just now, Sarah O said:

Folk defending this as a run of the mill error :facepalm: 

Errors happen, yes - of course.  But this could cost the club tens of thousands of pounds.  This is a sackable.  

Sack who? You’re assuming this is down to one person

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Correct. Winning the group with 9 points would be qualify us. We'd have to turn round a 6 goal difference, plus whatever ICT take off Raith somewhere along the line though