Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

Tennant's  6's

So Cove, most likely,  get awarded 3.0 win, maybe a small fine.

Go out & win the remaining games, sharpen up upfront to get the goals for high, at the very least finish as one if the better 2nd placed teams. 

Bloody shambles,  but should still be looking to get out the group for sure. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i only see either the game being awarded as 3-0 to cove or us being expelled from the cup. i actually see us being expelled with a fine of £2k or £3k

Is 3-0 to Cove not an advantage to them so actually the only fair way to deal with it, is expelling us so nobody takes any points?

Just now, Gambo said:

Albion Rovers may have something to say about that. 

Was the Albion game a knockout game or in the group stage? I have no clue how the challenge cup works but I imagine that would be the deciding factor.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Won't be the first or last time this happens to us or another club. Take the punishment and move on.

Wow. I’m sorry but I just take it quite as easily as this. There have been several administrative errors under this regime now. 

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

One mitigating argument might be that we were two up, made the change and they scored.  So no material advantage.  That would involve common sense though.  That and the SFA will be salivating at the thought of punishing us hard 

Doesn't matter 

Just now, JME said:

Was the Albion game a knockout game or in the group stage? I have no clue how the challenge cup works but I imagine that would be the deciding factor.

Knock out

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

We would've been kicked out if it had been a knock out round. It wasn't so Cove will be awarded the tie and we will get a fine.  

****ing embarrassing though

I agree. The Albion Rovers example is different as it was a knock out round, not a league format. It’s a bit more than an embarrassment, when you think of the fans who went up there last night.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, JME said:

would be knockout as the Challenge cup has no group stage.

Complete nightmare, just shouldn't ever be happening. 

Also why is the meeting not until Monday? Should be immediately so that the fans know what is happening before the game on Saturday, then ticket sales for the two games next week, plus folk have to make travel arrangements. 

8 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

They won’t kick us out.  We mean a lot of revenue for the other clubs we visit and I think we are on telly against Snecky. 

And against Raith  this weekend. Surprised the hearing isnt tomorrow. Could be a meaningless game on Saturday. 

OH And for the record, we are an absolute certainty to be booted out the cup. What an absolute disgrace that this can happen.

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I agree let’s not lose our heads but we only get two realistic shots at silverware a season and someone’s inability to do their job could deprive us of one before we even get out of July.  I think we have the right to be angry

Yes, I agree. Probably should’ve “until we know the outcome” or something.

but fully understand your point about silverware. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Albion Rovers may have something to say about that. 

You struggle to read Gambo? It said they were given a 3-0 defeat, not thrown out.

If we're thrown out of the cup or the game is awarded to Cove, whoever is responsible for this needs to be dismissed.

Absolutely pathetic and inexcusable way to run a football club.

Shameful tbh. 

This is where we find out what the spl or whoever it is thinks of hearts...

Do we get fined ?

or

Lose the 3 points?

bet if it was the weegie lot it would be just a fine and swept under the carpet but got bad feeling we are gonna get shafted !!!

alanthejambo

We are currently in a group situation not yet reached knockout. Likely we will see a 3-0 win for Cove and a fine for us. 3 games left to try and qualify 

15 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Silly mistake. We take out punishment, someone  gets reprimanded, we learn, we move on. 

Lets not lose our heads over it. 

Are you new here ? Folk have been waiting for an excuse to get weighed in to the club. Here it is.

FWIW I’m in total agreement with you. It happens. West Ham did similar with Manny Omoyimni IIRC. 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Knock out

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

would be knockout as the Challenge cup has no group stage.

Then I would think we would be judged differently as a points deduction/addition isn't really viable in the Challenge Cup.

1 minute ago, E3OBE said:

Is 3-0 to Cove not an advantage to them so actually the only fair way to deal with it, is expelling us so nobody takes any points?

But its complicated by the system of best 4 2nd place finishers in the 8 groups.

No points = teams in our group disadvantaged 

Points given to other teams = possibly disadvantages teams in other groups 

Cruyff Turn

Might spur us on to hammer the rest of the sides in our group now. 

Every cloud has a silver lining.

:sadrobbo:

It's not just a minor thing as this could cost the club £200,000 plus

I find it hard to believe that no one checked just who was registered prior to the match...just slack procedures and working practices by those involved

Someone has to be sacked for this as it is gross incompetence.

I think we need to know the result before Saturday as there is no point our fans travelling on Saturday if we are going to be expelled or effectively put out by any punishment.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is a different perhaps unprecedented situation in being a group game

Perhaps 3-0 victories awarded to every team. Surely the fairest outcome. And then the punishment of having to refund tickets for the home games. Hearing is Monday after Raith game but before Cowdenbeath and Inverness games. 

Why should Cove be awarded points but not the others? 

Maybe get/ need a friendly to make up the money / games. 

So yet again the supporters can dig deep to make up for their error? Can’t see many folk signing up to that.

Hungry hippo

Perhaps 3-0 victories awarded to every team. Surely the fairest outcome. And then the punishment of having to refund tickets for the home games. Hearing is Monday after Raith game but before Cowdenbeath and Inverness games. 

Cove were the only team have played against an ineligible player.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So out the cup we go?

Don’t think so because that was a knockout competition. League cup is currently group stage so I’d expect a 3-0 Cove victory and a fine. 

List of possible sanctions.

J16 Upon determining that a breach of or failure to fulfil the Rules or Regulations has been established, the Board or, as the case may be, a Commission may:-

J16.1 give a warning as to future conduct;

J16.2 give a reprimand;

J16.3 impose a fine;

J16.4 annul the result of an Official Match;

J16.5 order that an Official Match be replayed;

J16.6 impose a deduction of points;

J16.7 award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate) to a Club;

J16.8 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;

J16.9 order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such purposes as it thinks appropriate;

J16.10 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it thinks appropriate;

Plus others which don't seem applicable. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Mort said:

OH And for the record, we are an absolute certainty to be booted out the cup. What an absolute disgrace that this can happen.

Think if it was knockout stage you'd be correct.. as it's in essence a "mini league" they Will treat it the same as a league fixture and award a 3-0 to Cove. Despite SFA being anti hearts..  they won't want the 3rd biggest club in the country out because of an admin error.  Question is.. can we still get through 

The responsible party should be sacked 

KyleLafferty

Hopefully cause there is time to replay the game, that we get fined and we replay it. However more likely it will be 3-0 to Cove.

If the SFA player registration system is anything like the SYFA's then I'm not surprised they seen to make these things as complex as possible, a certain gentleman who works there loves to make things difficult

3 point to Cove and a fine I would expect, disrupting the group further would be a nightmare for the organisers.

Someone should get their jotters for this, it's a simple administrative task which is hard to excuse. 

Everyone who made the trip should be compensated in some manner as well. 

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

You struggle to read Gambo? It said they were given a 3-0 defeat, not thrown out.

It also says "Albion Rovers were thrown out", so yes thank you I can read.

with the hearing not being until after our game v raith, that might help us as the spfl might not want to been seen to allow a game to go ahead when expulsion can happen after it.

Auldreekie1874
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Who is Andy Irvine?

Played rugby for Scotland about 40 years ago. 

I was up at Cove and don't even remember him coming on 

:ninja:

Not good at all, but mistakes happen. Pretty sure this won’t happen again. Still in the league cup for now!

My guess is 3 points deducted and given to Cove, and a suspended fine.

Jambof3tornado

And to think the loyalty point cull was upsetting......

Hearts what have you done to us. Lol.

Someone should defo be sacked.

We will make the other clubs money and our group game has been chosen for tv with tickets all sold from different grounds I don’t believe there’s a chance we will get kicked out.  The clubs it isn’t fair on would probably want our travelling support and or tv money instead of 3 points. Raith and Inverness are both on tv which they clubs will make money from too.  We have sold out Raith already though and hearing is on Monday so that won’t matter but we will forfeit the game.