Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, TNCASTLE said:

What I’ve noticed is when Hun/Sevco/Rangers get their act together, they are competitive in Europe. I think they have been to 4 finals in history. Their 2-2 at Villarreal seems to be typical of the results carved out- despite being apparently well beaten on the night!

They have my respect in being able to do this and I wish we could. It is 12 wins for Scots teams this season and the coefficient is higher than it has been for a very long time. Maybe we can get a good run on the back of it in coming seasons.

Also it’s win win for us, it knackers them and they will drop points in games following, they will rest players for upcoming Europa games. The longer they are both in, the better it is for us.

CL is right that the best outcome in playing each other in the final, not likely but the coefficient would go through the roof and a ECL group stage entry and one in the qualifiers. It is not likely BUT both have played in the Europa final quite recently.

most importantly we might be able to sneak up on them....

All good and well, but certain posters give Hearts and in particular CL no credit, and are all over here giving rangers credit. 

Also, respect is earned. One result does not give them respect in my eyes, by a long shot. 

Credit is due tho for a 2-2 draw, just like i gave them credit for 3-3 v Motherwell, a team we beat 2 weeks later. Aye but let's give them credit..sorry-respect. 

Maybe, a little credit should be given --granted. 

Respect - I'd rather eat a dogs *******. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Stephen Muddie

Credit to The Rantic on their European results this week. May their squads bothbe depleted and worn out for domestic business. 

We've never had a better chance of sticking it right up both of them in recent times. The January window will be interesting. I hope they both qualify from their groups. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

All good and well, but certain posters give Hearts and in particular CL no credit, and are all over here giving rangers credit. 

Also, respect is earned. One result does not give them respect in my eyes, by a long shot. 

Credit is due tho for a 2-2 draw, just like i gave them credit for 3-3 v Motherwell, a team we beat 2 weeks later. Aye but let's give them credit..sorry-respect. 

Maybe, a little credit should be given --granted. 

Respect - I'd rather eat a dogs *******. 

Which posters? 

21 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Which posters? 

I suspect he means all the ones on this thread who are giving Rangers big licks but are happy to stick the boot in to our own club and manager.

Stephen Muddie
16 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

I suspect he means all the ones on this thread who are giving Rangers big licks but are happy to stick the boot in to our own club and manager.

:jjyay:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. 

Celtic and Rangers, once again proudly representing Scotland (:lol:) in Europe's wee cup. 

Hopefully both get as strenuous a work out as possible leaving them knackered for Sunday. 

Edit: can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to Pat Bonnar's balanced and insightful opinions of Celtic. 

Edited by martoon

The Apprentice
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:43, graygo said:

Aye it's the hot topic of the day right enough, as was Sevco trying to get Lafferty from Hearts for next to nothing which coincidentally is the only other thread you've managed to find time in your busy schedule to post about on this forum. A thread where you defended Morelos being worth £8.5 million and that we should let Lafferty go for peanuts due to his age and length of contract.

You're as blue as they come and to save this thread getting either of us into bother with the admin I'll bow out now.

Morelos worth £8.5m :rofl:

Surely even the most die hard Rangers fan can't seriously believe that!

I'll predict that a host of Celtic and Rangers players will withdraw from the Scotland squad after tonight and the weekend

Can’t decide if I want Morelos to get an injury tonight so he can’t make our game, or if I want him to make our game where he will probably get sent off.

Probably the latter.

Hope the greeting faced Tims get spanked rotten tonight, surprised they are no whinging about why they can't play the game in Glasgow.

Filth

On 21/09/2018 at 07:52, JFK-1 said:

You don't need to bow out, believe me I'm every bit as much a Hearts fan as you are but probably down a different path. I have never lived in Edinburgh and became a Hearts fan as far back as I can remember through my grandfather who is no longer with us and who was born and raised in Edinburgh before moving to Lanarkshire as an adult.

My father is  a Rangers supporter but his brother, my uncle, is also a Hearts supporter. So I see both worlds but that doesn't make me any less of a Hearts fan than you. And to clarify further I don't even live in Britain anymore far less Scotland.

I'm in the United States far from the bigotries of Scotland and very occasionally I pop into this forum and look at whatever happens to be the topical discussion. It's as simple as that.

For a Hearts fan with Rangers family you think you would have popped in and celebrated when we beat Celtic (twice). But it seems you only pop in and chat when the conversation's about Rangers in Europe, Rangers' ridiculous contradictions in the Morelos/Lafferty situation or Neil Lennon and Rangers.

Also interesting that you choose to sign up two days after we lost at Ibrox. You might well be in the US, but you're not a Hearts fan.

3fingersreid

I was happy enough to see them get to the group stages , mores games, injuries etc , now they are there I hope they get absolutely embarrassed on and off the field of play , 

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Hope the greeting faced Tims get spanked rotten tonight, surprised they are no whinging about why they can't play the game in Glasgow.

Filth

This. And the newco. Both to get hammered and a few injuries too please

We had seats among the Rapid supporters for the 1985 Cup Winners Cup final against Everton at De Kuip in Rotterdam.  The most evil bunch of right wing facists I have ever seen.  Chants of Rapid, Rapid, Rapid to Hitler salutes.  After Everton scored we strategically moved to the other end of the stadium.  

Hope they do well tonight.

brunoatemyhamster

Broony got an injury and Celtic look like a better team?

Get well soon Lego boy.

4 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Broony got an injury.

Well at least some good will arise from today.

:pleasing:

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Celtic getting battered here. Surely can’t hold out for 90 minutes 

Hope not but they will.

It`s the grass!   The grass!!!

Well stop smoking the stuff, Brenda and you might manage to make less of a fool of yourself.

stirlingshirejambo

The pain in Bonnars voice is delicious

listening to his gloating in first half as I drove home was insufferable

now I’m home and their losing the radio is much more fun than watching in tv

5 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Getting rode dry here, dare I say it but they are total dug shite

But somehow, as always, it will be somebody else's fault.