Jump to content
Boab

Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Recommended Posts

Boab

Tonight sees the start of the Euro campaign of Celtic, with Hibs and Rangers on Thursday.

 

Predictions, observations and insults all welcome !

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drumie jambo

Old Firm should win. Can see the hobbits underestimating Runavik so come Thursday night they will have hibsed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Tonight sees the start of the Euro campaign of Celtic, with Hibs and Rangers on Thursday.

 

Predictions, observations and insults all welcome !

 

?

Hopefully 3 results that plummet the Scottish co-effiency even lower than ever thought possible. Lower even than Vulgaria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86

Quite happy for all to suffer horrible humiliations.

 

Unfortunately I think all will win fairly comfortably overall.

 

The next round however....

Edited by HMFC86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gumpert

Hoping that hibs pull off a serious hibs’d it moment but can’t see it against the 4th best team in the Faroe Islands :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tonight sees the start of the Euro campaign of Celtic, with Hibs and Rangers on Thursday.

 

Predictions, observations and insults all welcome !

 

?

I can only see one scottish team from that list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
Just now, HMFC86 said:

Quite happy for all to suffer horrible humiliations.

 

Unfortunately I think all will win fairly comfortably overall.

 

The next round however....

 

Indeed, all 3 will get through this no problem...shame!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15

All through easily all emptied next round including Aberdeen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael_bolton

Am I right in thinking the tramps are looking for their first win in a European tie (excluding Intertoto) since the 80s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elmore
3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

All through easily all emptied next round including Aberdeen. 

I think only Celtic have a chance if making the group stages. I don't think they'll get there this time. Celtic being the tight arses that they are, won't spend anything until they have qualified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kid Creole

Hibs will win by 5 in 1st leg, narrow win away from home

 

That's as far as they will go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
5 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Am I right in thinking the tramps are looking for their first win in a European tie (excluding Intertoto) since the 80s?

 

1989 seems to be their last win over 2 legs, in their first appearance in 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauld

Hibs to get pumped out.

 

Home and away losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

All to go through, but the first legs maybe closer than folk think. 

 

Can't see any getting to the group stages. 

 

Surely rangers won't get pumped out at the 1st round, again? 

Surely hibs won't get pumped 7-0 at some point? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15
8 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I think only Celtic have a chance if making the group stages. I don't think they'll get there this time. Celtic being the tight arses that they are, won't spend anything until they have qualified. 

 

I always find it strange in Celtic's instance that they don't spend big in January or have their Champions League Squad ready for the next season by then so they are all ready for the Qualifiers the others probably can't afford it.  I fancy Rosenborg to pump them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
10 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I think only Celtic have a chance if making the group stages. I don't think they'll get there this time. Celtic being the tight arses that they are, won't spend anything until they have qualified. 

Haven’t they just spent £9m on eduard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

I hope they all get the screaming jake rammed up their collective shite shute.

 

In the real world they will all win comfortably.

 

I also hope the seagulls are feeding well today so that they can drop their bombs on the vermin windae lickers tomorrow.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15
16 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Am I right in thinking the tramps are looking for their first win in a European tie (excluding Intertoto) since the 80s?

 

Didn't they get pumped off some Lithuanian side just as Vlad took over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Haven’t they just spent £9m on eduard? 

 

Having sold Armstrong for £8m.  They are still weak at the back and have no top level cover for Gordon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Hibsing it is most definitely on the horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I hope they all get the screaming jake rammed up their collective shite shute.

 

In the real world they will all win comfortably.

 

I also hope the seagulls are feeding well today so that they can drop their bombs on the vermin windae lickers tomorrow.

 

 

 

I'll put that down as a prediction rather than an insult, Jonno.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

 

Having sold Armstrong for £8m.  They are still weak at the back and have no top level cover for Gordon.  

Correct, however I was pointing out that they have spent big already, in Scottish football terms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elmore
4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Haven’t they just spent £9m on eduard? 

Was that not just making a koan deal permanent?  They haven't added anybody new. They usually wait to see what competition before they'll buy in new players. 

Edited by Elmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert

Going to say a win for celtic and sevco and the scum to get beat. I hope all 3vget embarrassed though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
Just now, Elmore said:

Was that not just making a koan deal permanent?  They haven't added anybody new. They usually wait to see what competition they'll be in before buying new players. 

Yes a loan deal to permanent but they spent £9m to do so, so not really the not spending anything till they qualify as u suggested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauld
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I hope they all get the screaming jake rammed up their collective shite shute.

 

In the real world they will all win comfortably.

 

I also hope the seagulls are feeding well today so that they can drop their bombs on the vermin windae lickers tomorrow.

 

 

standing-ovation.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael_bolton
5 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

 

Didn't they get pumped off some Lithuanian side just as Vlad took over?

 

They did. Vetra Vilnius, I think.

 

But they pumped some Latvian mob a couple of years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jacklivi1874

Canny see past all the Scottish teams going through at this stage, can but hope they dont though 

Edited by jacklivi1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15
2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Correct, however I was pointing out that they have spent big already, in Scottish football terms. 

 

Whilst they have spent money they are weaker in squad as they have lost Armstrong and Roberts but kept Eduard.  Suppose Scott Allan is back for them :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15
Just now, michael_bolton said:

 

They did. Vetra Vilnius, I think.

 

But they pumped some Latvian mob a couple of years later.

 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzz

I suppose I should see the bigger picture and hope they all progress for the good of Scottish football. However I don’t,and I hope they all get embarrassingly dumped out as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elmore
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Yes a loan deal to permanent but they spent £9m to do so, so not really the not spending anything till they qualify as u suggested. 

With the 8mill the got for Armstrong, only a million spent. They are a canny club. If they fall at the last hurdle it'll be down to this. 9milion is a massive outlaw for Scottish football though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael_bolton
2 minutes ago, Elmore said:

With the 8mill the got for Armstrong, only a million spent. They are a canny club. If they fall at the last hurdle it'll be down to this. 9milion is a massive outlaw for Scottish football though. 

 

They're playing the long game. They've made a fortune in the last couple of years and are going to make sure they have cash up their sleeve to fend off Rangers - if need be - for years to come.

 

They won't blow their money. They know being in the group stages every two or three years is plenty.

 

To be fair, if it was us I'd support that as a policy. No reason to spunk away a great position.

Edited by michael_bolton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

 

Whilst they have spent money they are weaker in squad as they have lost Armstrong and Roberts but kept Eduard.  Suppose Scott Allan is back for them :lol: 

I rate Armstrong pretty highly so I agree there, he didn’t feature much last season though due to injury, but if they can sign super John McGinn then that’s an upgrade is it not? That’s what I keep hearing so it must be true, and Allan going back to partner super John McGinn will have them getting to the latter stages of the competition, might even win it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

All through easily all emptied next round including Aberdeen. 

 

Sadly I agree were going out next round, potentially with Hibs and SevCo.

We are all seeded to do so, although SevCo drew the easy opportunity out of the three of us in the 2nd round.

 

Celtic will win this round and find it tougher against Rosenberg (likely), but could still go through there.

 

After that, they're likely to face one of

Garabag Agdam * Azb 20.500

BATE Borisov ** Bls 20.500

Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 17.500

Sheriff Tiraspol * Mol 14.750

Malmö FF * Swe 14.000

AEK Athens Gre 10.000

 

The 4th round against

APOEL Nicosia *

Cyp 27.000

Legia Warsaw * Pol 24.500

FK Astana * Kaz 21.750

Young Boys Sui 20.500

 

So they are seeded to get to the group stage pot 4.

Anything less and they have under performed ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
20 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Hibs to get pumped out.

 

Home and away losses.

:sweeet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
47 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tonight sees the start of the Euro campaign of Celtic, with Hibs and Rangers on Thursday.

 

Predictions, observations and insults all welcome !

 

?

Wha????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elmore
1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

 

They're playing the long game. They've made a fortune in the last couple of years and are going to make sure they have cash up their sleeve to fend off Rangers - if need be - for years to come.

 

They won't blow their money. They know being in the group stages every two or three years is plenty.

 

To be fair, if it was us I'd support that as a policy. No reason to spunk away a great position.

I'm calling them tight because I don't like them. Its the best strategy for them. All they are really concentrating on is getting ten, and using the euro money just to stay a head of them. The other bonus for them is selling the odd player for big money. The champions league qualifiers give them the chance of getting another Dembele.  A decent showing in the final qualifying tie, a goal against someone like Man city at home and a new signings value shots up. A strategy that's going to keep rangers out of reach until 10 is achieved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroonjam

Celtic, Aberdeen and rangers can make the group stages to help Scotland. Hibs can crash and burn ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Sadly I agree were going out next round, potentially with Hibs and SevCo.

We are all seeded to do so, although SevCo drew the easy opportunity out of the three of us in the 2nd round.

 

Celtic will win this round and find it tougher against Rosenberg (likely), but could still go through there.

 

After that, they're likely to face one of

Garabag Agdam * Azb 20.500

BATE Borisov ** Bls 20.500

Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 17.500

Sheriff Tiraspol * Mol 14.750

Malmö FF * Swe 14.000

AEK Athens Gre 10.000

 

The 4th round against

APOEL Nicosia *

Cyp 27.000

Legia Warsaw * Pol 24.500

FK Astana * Kaz 21.750

Young Boys Sui 20.500

 

So they are seeded to get to the group stage pot 4.

Anything less and they have under performed ;)

Are you still here, ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 minute ago, Maroonjam said:

Celtic, Aberdeen and rangers can make the group stages to help Scotland. Hibs can crash and burn ?

Hibs can GTF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
Just now, ri Alban said:

Are you still here, ffs. 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elmore
1 minute ago, Maroonjam said:

Celtic, Aberdeen and rangers can make the group stages to help Scotland. Hibs can crash and burn ?

Don't want any of them there. The worst thing that could happen is rangers making the group stages.  No euro money cripples them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Are you still here, ffs. 

 

Nah, I'm just a figment of your imagination.

Go back to sleep ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Nah, I'm just a figment of your imagination.

Go back to sleep ;)

Gies a loan of yer sheep to count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael_bolton
2 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I'm calling them tight because I don't like them. Its the best strategy for them. All they are really concentrating on is getting ten, and using the euro money just to stay a head of them. The other bonus for them is selling the odd player for big money. The champions league qualifiers give them the chance of getting another Dembele.  A decent showing in the final qualifying tie, a goal against someone like Man city at home and a new signings value shots up. A strategy that's going to keep rangers out of reach until 10 is achieved. 

 

I agree. All will be geared towards ten-in-a-row.

 

To be fair to them, they have handled the Rangers situation well. They've kept their powder dry and strengthened financially while never paying out any more than they have to.

 

They've also benefited from excellent scouting for players like Wanyama and the others they've sold for a profit.

 

They're a well-run club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juanjo15
11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Sadly I agree were going out next round, potentially with Hibs and SevCo.

We are all seeded to do so, although SevCo drew the easy opportunity out of the three of us in the 2nd round.

 

Celtic will win this round and find it tougher against Rosenberg (likely), but could still go through there.

 

After that, they're likely to face one of

Garabag Agdam * Azb 20.500

BATE Borisov ** Bls 20.500

Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 17.500

Sheriff Tiraspol * Mol 14.750

Malmö FF * Swe 14.000

AEK Athens Gre 10.000

 

The 4th round against

APOEL Nicosia *

Cyp 27.000

Legia Warsaw * Pol 24.500

FK Astana * Kaz 21.750

Young Boys Sui 20.500

 

So they are seeded to get to the group stage pot 4.

Anything less and they have under performed ;)

 

I wish you could put a bet on them not qualifying for the Champions League Groups.   I don't fancy their chances at all looking at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Escobar PHM
23 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Was that not just making a koan deal permanent?  They haven't added anybody new. They usually wait to see what competition before they'll buy in new players. 

They are in for John Terry apparently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael_bolton
2 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Don't want any of them there. The worst thing that could happen is rangers making the group stages.  No euro money cripples them. 

 

This is the key. There's little chance of Aberdeen or Hibs getting to the groups, but either outcome would be bad news competitively for Hearts. We'd benefit hardly anything from solidarity payments and the coefficient boost is meaningless. But a rival would be strongly boosted financially. Bad news.

 

Rangers making the groups would be bad news for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Nah, I'm just a figment of your imagination.

Go back to sleep ;)

Go back to sheep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...