Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

The Old Tolbooth

Whatever people think of Rapid Wein, that was a damn good result for them in a tough fixture, and they deserved it too, they're a tough side to beat at Ibrox, and they can't afford to go 11 points behind, they'll try anything on Sunday to win by hook or crook and it'll definitely be our toughest test yet, it's going to tell us more about ourselves than anything though. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

kirkierobroy

Suspect this thread should be retitled since there's only an Irish and a British team left in Europe.

Puzzled by the British team's Euro performance so far. Rapid may not be very good but they also got a draw in Spain - while losing to Livi and drawing with Murrawell. Either the level of Scottish football is better than we think, or they're putting more focus on Europe or Dodgy Dave King has greased some Eufa palms with money he telt a Scottish judge he didnae have.

Perhaps, and hopefully, they'll cave in eventually.. I no longer bother much about the 'co-efficient'. I'd rather see these two beaten and out. You guys win the league and you know you'll be in the CL at some level, whatever the coefficient.

22 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Suspect this thread should be retitled since there's only an Irish and a British team left in Europe.

Puzzled by the British team's Euro performance so far. Rapid may not be very good but they also got a draw in Spain - while losing to Livi and drawing with Murrawell. Either the level of Scottish football is better than we think, or they're putting more focus on Europe or Dodgy Dave King has greased some Eufa palms with money he telt a Scottish judge he didnae have.

Perhaps, and hopefully, they'll cave in eventually.. I no longer bother much about the 'co-efficient'. I'd rather see these two beaten and out. You guys win the league and you know you'll be in the CL at some level, whatever the coefficient.

I think they are better built for Europe than the Scottish league just now. So when it gets down and dirty in the league they aren’t there yet. Though dirty dave may well of greased some palms going by some of the decisions they got in Europe at home ?

Better Hearts team have gone to Ibrox and been turned over. 

Can’t say I’m overly confident as we very rarely turn up for these games.

35 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Better Hearts team have gone to Ibrox and been turned over. 

Can’t say I’m overly confident as we very rarely turn up for these games.

I don't have the stats to hand but you could count on your fingers the amount of times we've won at ibrox in the last twenty years, pretty sure we've won a lot more games at park head

Having said that this rangers incarnation isn't on the same level as the cheats from yesteryear 

Edited by BigAlim

• 3 weeks later...

25 October 2018.

It’s RB Leipzig v Celtic and Rangers v Spartan Moscow this evening.

Obviously, I want both the cheeks beaten but, in light of the Murrayfield game on Sunday, I particularly want Celtic done.

Throw in a couple of wee nightly injuries and some extreme tiredness and I’ll be delighted.

Edited by Morgan

33 minutes ago, Morgan said:

25 October 2018.

It’s RB Leipzig v Celtic and Rangers v Spartan Moscow this evening.

Obviously, I want both the cheeks beaten but, in light of the Murrayfield game on Sunday, I particularly want Celtic done.

Throw in a couple of wee nightly injuries and some extreme tiredness and I’ll be delighted.

The sheep will be hoping for the same. More so, as sevco could rag doll them on this year's form. Poor Brenda though, a skelping and his jacket gets even closer to falling off that already shoogled peg !

Nice !

Demons defeat, sevco narrow victory.

HMFC v sevco LC Final.

Just now, Boab said:

The sheep will be hoping for the same. More so, as sevco could rag doll them on this year's form. Poor Brenda though, a skelping and his jacket gets even closer to falling off that already shoogled peg !

Nice !

Demons defeat, sevco narrow victory.

HMFC v Sevco LC Final

:spoton:Boab!

I think the more Thursday games both play, it can benefit us in the league. So I'm not fussed if both get through their groups.

Fxxx the SPFL

Just saw a Spartak Moscow sticker on the bus stop at the foot of the mound obviously in auld reekie for a bit of culture. 

Wasn't there yesterday 

33 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think the more Thursday games both play, it can benefit us in the league. So I'm not fussed if both get through their groups.

On the other hand, the money coming to Rangers from qualifying for the league stage increased their chances of financial survival. Do we really want them to get even more income (and increase the value of their players)?

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I want the Mhanks to be rogered like Desiree Cousteau. 

The younger ones will need to google that one.

I didn't need to. :( 

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

The younger ones will need to google that one.

I didn't need to. :( 

Sadly, neither did I.

Pretty Peaches though :biggrin:

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

On the other hand, the money coming to Rangers from qualifying for the league stage increased their chances of financial survival. Do we really want them to get even more income (and increase the value of their players)?

If it has a negative impact on their weekend fixtures this season, and we finish above them and Celtic, I think it is.

I can see both sides of the argument though, which is why I’m not that bothered whatever happens. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20181025_171546.jpg

I think Boyata misses the semi is that right?

So we will have Jack Hendry which is a bonus for us.

Scott Sinclair will likely start the Semi which will be a problem for us. 

EastSideJambo
12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think Boyata misses the semi is that right?

So we will have Jack Hendry which is a bonus for us.

Scott Sinclair will likely start the Semi which will be a problem for us. 

Boyata is suspended on Sunday.  Hendry looks extremely vulnerable. 

Sinclair will start on Sunday you'd imagine along with Lustig.  

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Boyata is suspended on Sunday.  Hendry looks extremely vulnerable. 

Sinclair will start on Sunday you'd imagine along with Lustig.  

Lustig has lost his pace. I'd have Mitchell pushed forward and he'll eat him alive.

Hendry is poor. Naismith and McLean will have him tied up in knots.

That doesn't mean we will win though.  I'm only living in hope right now. They could still carve us to pieces if they are on it going forward.

Edited by Bauld

15 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

Kouassi is really not very good. What's happened to Mulumbu?

Didnt travel as injured.

I’m now getting pretty sceptical about all these injuries.......I think Brendan is running a bit scared for Sunday.

EastSideJambo
13 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Lustig has lost his pace. I'd have Mitchell pushed forward and he'll eat him alive.

Hendry is poor. Naismith and McLean will have him tied up in knots.

That doesn't mean we will win though.  I'm only living in hope right now. They could still carve us to pieces if they are on it going forward.

That's where I am. I fear a roasting but that's what I normally fear from that lot on such occasions.  There has seldom been a better opportunity for us. They are over reliant on a core of players and it's starting to show. 

Can't decide on whether I'd go with Garrucio and Mitchell down the left or Mitchell with Naismith playing from left. I suspect Levein will do latter in order to play 3 midfielders. I think that option gets the best from Djoum by allowing him to play as a 10 

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Didnt travel as injured.

I’m now getting pretty sceptical about all these injuries.......I think Brendan is running a bit scared for Sunday.

He got asked a few minutes ago if he was resting players for Sunday and he basically just changed the subject ?

EastSideJambo
5 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

He got asked a few minutes ago if he was resting players for Sunday and he basically just changed the subject ?

He'd be allowed to change the subject I'll bet. Sycophantic media fawning over him up here 

28 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

Leipzig resting 8 players. BBC reporter saying when he spoke to Celtic fans out there, most said the Hearts cup game was more important. Seems we have really rattled their cage.

Celtic  2 down already - really hope they get thumped.

Edited by big-jambo
spelling

Pat Bonner

Former Celtic goalkeeper on BBC Sportsound

Quote Message: Celtic have real energy tonight, young players coming out with no real fear. They have that energy to close down in abundance. Will they be able to sustain it? That's the question. The way the game's panning out at the moment, Celtic are dominating.

Celtic have real energy tonight, young players coming out with no real fear. They have that energy to close down in abundance. Will they be able to sustain it? That's the question. The way the game's panning out at the moment, Celtic are dominating.

That right Paddy, aye? ???