Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

pettigrewsstylist

Kent will need watching. Gerard clearly encouraging him ti be more direct. And tbf its effective

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Caught the first half, stopped watching since. 

Apart from desire and workrate, if we can bring a bit calmness through the midfield I think Rangers can be picked off.

They seemed a bit edgy, frenetic and too keen to impress that there was no real thought in their play. 

The number 10 in midfield looks decent. Morelos should be targeted and wound up to the maximum. 

However we have a good team so let them worry about how they are going to deal with the league leaders. 

Rangers applying the pressure, hopefully tiring themselves and a stoppage time winner for Rapid to deflate them ahead of Sunday.

Penalty and scored. 

Rapid are gash this half. 

We will need to at our best on Sunday which I’m sure we will be.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They are good at home. Anyone saying different is being disingenuous. 

Hardest game of the season 

Thought Police
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

This

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Rapid are awful. 

They were shite. Lost count of the amount of times they lost the ball in midfield. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Suddenly it looks a much harder game coming up than we maybe thought. 

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree. They’re a different team at home. I’d take a draw. Which means we must aim to win.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So far yes.

Thoroughly deserved win for the deed club, but how pish are Rapid Vienna. 

One thing's for sure, we'll be more dangerous on Sunday than Vienna were tonight.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

One thing's for sure, we'll be more dangerous on Sunday than Vienna were tonight.

Hopefully that means they underestimate us. 

pettigrewsstylist

Candieas needs to be considered tactically and i think that means return of Garrucio. Kents running needs tracked and challenged. Ignore those two and i think its a mistake. Kent will try amd get past Smith all day i think.

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

8th in the Austrian league. Not as big a win as the media will make out. There for the taking on Sunday. 

Here’s a thought. 

TV should be playing to the audience. Biggest fan bases by far are Celtic and Rangers. They hate each other and are about even in numbers, so the deciding factor should be the rest of the viewing population. The rest of Scotland hate the ugly sisters therefore the commentators should be supporting the opposition against either of these teams. Think it’s a bit far to have ex-Celtic players commentating on Rangers games but find some pundit who hates them to put the slant in we would all like to hear rather than Ally McCoist coming up with the likes of “great defending” when a rangers player prevented the opposition from taking a throw-in! 

Big win for The Rangers but any of the top Scottish teams would have beat that mob.  Apart from a short period in the first half Rapid were dreadful.

HeartOfWestLothian
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Big win for The Rangers but any of the top Scottish teams would have beat that mob.  Apart from a short period in the first half Rapid were dreadful.

Hmm. Recent results for Scottish sides in Europe would probably say otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I doubt it. Talking about and doing it are two different things. There is no danger that us, Hibs or Aberdeen would go to Villarreal and get a draw. Domestically, we can hopefully put up a challenge in Glasgow but in terms of Europe, having the experience of someone like Steven Gerrard will set Rangers apart from the rest of us.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I doubt it. Talking about and doing it are two different things. There is no danger that us, Hibs or Aberdeen would go to Villarreal and get a draw. Domestically, we can hopefully put up a challenge in Glasgow but in terms of Europe, having the experience of someone like Steven Gerrard will set Rangers apart from the rest of us.

That's ridiculous, you can't claim you know what would happen over 90 minutes. No one thought the rangers would get a draw either, but it happened. No one thought Hearts would put 4 past celtic last season but it happened. 

You just can't state it as fact, especially when we're a club which has beaten Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich. I'm not saying it happens every time, but it happens, and I fancy seeing how our current style fares in Europe by the way. 

40 minutes ago, Sid said:

Here’s a thought. 

TV should be playing to the audience. Biggest fan bases by far are Celtic and Rangers. They hate each other and are about even in numbers, so the deciding factor should be the rest of the viewing population. The rest of Scotland hate the ugly sisters therefore the commentators should be supporting the opposition against either of these teams. Think it’s a bit far to have ex-Celtic players commentating on Rangers games but find some pundit who hates them to put the slant in we would all like to hear rather than Ally McCoist coming up with the likes of “great defending” when a rangers player prevented the opposition from taking a throw-in! 

Ally McCoist the "Lorraine Kelly" of football commentating (when Sevco are involved).

Fabulous!  Awesome!  Amazing! 

And that was just a croissant.  

goldiebackwash1985

Sky Sports The Debate - talking bout Gerrards Rangers and Celtics short comings and Danny Murphy utters the words “and Hearts”

Presenter “Ok we will have to move on”

Crap broadcasting deal and biased views more so now than ever

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's ridiculous, you can't claim you know what would happen over 90 minutes. No one thought the rangers would get a draw either, but it happened. No one thought Hearts would put 4 past celtic last season but it happened. 

You just can't state it as fact, especially when we're a club which has beaten Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich. I'm not saying it happens every time, but it happens, and I fancy seeing how our current style fares in Europe by the way. 

Me too. I look forward to seeing us in Europe too but, having been in Madrid, Mallorca, Stuggart, Bordeaux,  Braga and Basle, i just think it's harder for smaller Scottish teams to compete nowadays. Rangers and Celtic with 50k and 60k home gates and their European pedigree will always give them something extra. Gerrard too will be a big advantage for Rangers this season in Europe 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Me too. I look forward to seeing us in Europe too but, having been in Madrid, Mallorca, Stuggart, Bordeaux,  Braga and Basle, i just think it's harder for smaller Scottish teams to compete nowadays. Rangers and Celtic with 50k and 60k home gates and their European pedigree will always give them something extra. Gerrard too will be a big advantage for Rangers this season in Europe 

It is, I can't argue with that, but the beauty of football is that if you have an effective unit that can defend and score, you have a chance against anyone. Shocks happen every week. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How do you know we wouldn't draw there? 

Aberdeen have had some very good results recently as well in Europe. 

I've seen us draw with Liverpool at anfield. 

In fact , without being personal, imo your post is shite and something I'd expect from a clueless rangers, sorry Steven Gerrard's Rangers fan. 

Very strange post and the follow ups are worse, just bumming up a rangers team who got beat at Livingston the weekend past for reasons unknown. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

The longer they are both in Europe, the better our chances are for winning the league. 

I know it's a long way off, but anything that makes lifr more difficult for them, makes it easier for us. 

European football takes it toll as Wallace mercer pointed out on back from the the brink one week were beating Bayern Munich while struggling to get a draw at love street

Watt-Zeefuik

Always prefer to see Rangers lose but TBH would rather have them coming down after an emotional win feeling tired rather than licking their wounds and looking to rebound.

Best result would have been a nasty, hard fought draw. But let's just go beat them anyway.

pettigrewsstylist

Hopefully they are so carried away on this crest that they dont see us coming. The crisp accurate fast tempo of our last 2 games has to continue or we will be bombarded for 90 mins and succumb by a couple. We have to make them wary of over committing. Demi and Morisson in their half can do that i think. 

The Internet
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Suddenly it looks a much harder game coming up than we maybe thought. 

I'd hope no one was ever expecting us to rock up and stroll away with 3 points. This 'hardest game of the season' chat has been overused thus far but it's true for this one. 

51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'd hope no one was ever expecting us to rock up and stroll away with 3 points. This 'hardest game of the season' chat has been overused thus far but it's true for this one. 

Yip this is the hardest yet, even harder than the demons at Tynie.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on sevco, 10 games in Europe unbeaten, regardless of the opposition, is decent.

Allowayjambo1874
10 hours ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Sky Sports The Debate - talking bout Gerrards Rangers and Celtics short comings and Danny Murphy utters the words “and Hearts”

Presenter “Ok we will have to move on”

Crap broadcasting deal and biased views more so now than ever

So cancel your subscription then! 

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Drew with Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Got beat off Celtic and Livi.

No fear.

They're pish.

All those games were away from Ibrox, at home they are scoring goals and not losing many, totally different side at home to away.

This will be a hard game, winnable, but tough.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

All those games were away from Ibrox, at home they are scoring goals and not losing many, totally different side at home to away.

This will be a hard game, winnable, but tough.

While this is true, we've won every away league game so far. 

No fear!

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

While this is true, we've won every away league game so far. 

No fear!

I agree, no fear, but I think many are underestimating this game, I know we can win and for the first time in ages I am going through there optimistic, but it won't be the walk in the park being predicted by many on here.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

I agree, no fear, but I think many are underestimating this game, I know we can win and for the first time in ages I am going through there optimistic, but it won't be the walk in the park being predicted by many on here.

No one's seriously expecting a walk in the park mate

Rangers at Ibrox are a completely different animal than the one that plays away from home. I think they struggle when teams have a go at them.

That is exactly what we need to do......and right from the kick-off.