Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

34 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's painful. 

Can't have a go at us, so use Lafferty scoring for rangers to score digs while secretly hoping rangers beat us so they can start the anti CL skaverings, again. 

Tragic.

in a nutshell 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

The red bull teams are having a right ding dong

Did they not play each other in the CL qualifying stage as well (I know there are two or three Red Bull teams, so I accept I may be way off the mark)

Apologies if it's been mentioned already but the Sportsound commentary on the Rangers game was farcical. The crowd noise was about 10-15 seconds ahead of Paul Mitchell. I knew a goal had been scored before he did. 

25 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

They spent £70 million over the Summer transfer window.  I doubt anyone around here would be viewing it as anything but impressive if we had gone there and got a draw.

You probably forgot to mention it but they also sold nearly £50 million worth of players during the Summer.

Still £20 million spent but might as well paint the picture properly if you're going to paint it.

32 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Has anyone actually watched us this season and wished we had Lafferty in the side ? 

Mr Chiefo?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Morgan, you"ve obviously got your money on Kambieri?

Who is this Kambieri you speak of?

There’s a wee twat plays for the Lochend shite called Kamberi.

Perhaps you’re confused?  :thumbsup:

gerry mccauley

Just what has Griffith's have to do to start a game. He gets 15 mins, gets the winner, scores 2 great against England, back on the bench.

Very strange.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Has the thumb got the mumps?

Can't make out a word he's saying.

As Mr Fawlty used to say - ‘You’ll have to excuse him, he’s from Lochend’.

:) 

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

You probably forgot to mention it but they also sold nearly £50 million worth of players during the Summer.

Still £20 million spent but might as well paint the picture properly if you're going to paint it.

You mean paint it like you? Inserting details which are entirely irrelevant to the value of their squad? But if that's the road we need to go down and talking of £20 million spent they have a single player they spent £20 million on over the Summer who in fact scored tonight.

Is that "painting the picture properly"? 

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Would that not suggest you have mumps?

I'm not sure, I've never had them but a quick Google search doesn't say anything about it affecting your hearing.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not sure, I've never had them but a quick Google search doesn't say anything about it affecting your hearing.

Mumps can actually damage the inner ear.

I was just playing devils advocate :lol: 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You mean paint it like you? Inserting details which are entirely irrelevant to the value of their squad? But if that's the road we need to go down and talking of £20 million spent they have a single player they spent £20 million on over the Summer who in fact scored tonight.

Jesus you guys don't half get upset when you think someone is belittling the new team in Glasgow.

Just now, Morgan said:

Mumps can actually damage the inner ear.

I was just playing devils advocate :lol: 

Oh well, looks like it's 50/50 as to whether it's me or the thumb that has it then.  :( 

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

:vrwow:

You're obviously offended when the big team get criticised.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not bothered about this at all. It's good for us for them to have hard fought games and still have an eye on the EL. They'll both be drained on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Jesus you guys don't half get upset when you think someone is belittling the new team in Glasgow.

People are simply commenting. You're the one who appears to be upset about appreciation of a result we would love to boast of against quality like that. 

1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Not bothered about this at all. It's good for us for them to have hard fought games and still have an eye on the EL. They'll both be drained on Sunday. 

:greggy:

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

People are simply commenting. You're the one who appears to be upset about appreciation of a result we would love to boast of against quality like that. 

Were you on here with the same comments when we got a result (a win by the way, not a sneaked draw) against Celtic who according to Transfermarkt have a squad value of      €74 million?

Just now, graygo said:

Were you on here with the same comments when we got a result (a win by the way, not a sneaked draw) against Celtic who according to Transfermarkt have a squad value of      €74 million?

No since I have extremely limited time to be commenting on anything at all, ever. But I was thinking it and i'm still thinking it while looking at a 100% record and highest goal tally plus equal best goals against. But that's not what this topic is about.

This topic is titled 'Scottish teams in Europe'. That's what i'm commenting on, pretty much the hot topic of the day. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

No since I have extremely limited time to be commenting on anything at all, ever. But I was thinking it and i'm still thinking it while looking at a 100% record and highest goal tally plus equal best goals against. But that's not what this topic is about.

This topic is titled 'Scottish teams in Europe'. That's what i'm commenting on, pretty much the hot topic of the day. 

Aye it's the hot topic of the day right enough, as was Sevco trying to get Lafferty from Hearts for next to nothing which coincidentally is the only other thread you've managed to find time in your busy schedule to post about on this forum. A thread where you defended Morelos being worth £8.5 million and that we should let Lafferty go for peanuts due to his age and length of contract.

You're as blue as they come and to save this thread getting either of us into bother with the admin I'll bow out now.

It's getting boring now.

Folk arguing over whether it's better for us if the OF have a longer Euro run as they'll be knackered and taking their eye off the ball in the league, or if it's better for us if they crash out of Europe early and miss out on all the money.

Neither option really suits us.

I'd rather concentrate on Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's getting boring now.

Folk arguing over whether it's better for us if the OF have a longer Euro run as they'll be knackered and taking their eye off the ball in the league, or if it's better for us if they crash out of Europe early and miss out on all the money.

Neither option really suits us.

I'd rather concentrate on Hearts.

Well if CL is quoted today as saying he hopes they play each other in the final that's good enough for me. Long may they both stay in as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Aye it's the hot topic of the day right enough, as was Sevco trying to get Lafferty from Hearts for next to nothing which coincidentally is the only other thread you've managed to find time in your busy schedule to post about on this forum. A thread where you defended Morelos being worth £8.5 million and that we should let Lafferty go for peanuts due to his age and length of contract.

You're as blue as they come and to save this thread getting either of us into bother with the admin I'll bow out now.

You don't need to bow out, believe me I'm every bit as much a Hearts fan as you are but probably down a different path. I have never lived in Edinburgh and became a Hearts fan as far back as I can remember through my grandfather who is no longer with us and who was born and raised in Edinburgh before moving to Lanarkshire as an adult.

My father is  a Rangers supporter but his brother, my uncle, is also a Hearts supporter. So I see both worlds but that doesn't make me any less of a Hearts fan than you. And to clarify further I don't even live in Britain anymore far less Scotland.

I'm in the United States far from the bigotries of Scotland and very occasionally I pop into this forum and look at whatever happens to be the topical discussion. It's as simple as that.

Well, I'm delighted with these results.  Levein is right.  Hope they meet in the final.  

Would be delighted if they drop at least 2 points at the weekend.  If St Mirren can do it, even Hibs might take points off them when their turn comes.

24 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You don't need to bow out, believe me I'm every bit as much a Hearts fan as you are but probably down a different path. I have never lived in Edinburgh and became a Hearts fan as far back as I can remember through my grandfather who is no longer with us and who was born and raised in Edinburgh before moving to Lanarkshire as an adult.

My father is  a Rangers supporter but his brother, my uncle, is also a Hearts supporter. So I see both worlds but that doesn't make me any less of a Hearts fan than you. And to clarify further I don't even live in Britain anymore far less Scotland.

I'm in the United States far from the bigotries of Scotland and very occasionally I pop into this forum and look at whatever happens to be the topical discussion. It's as simple as that.

West Ham are my team in England but in no way would I claim to be every bit as much a West Ham fan as John Smith from Bethnal Green who goes to every match.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

West Ham are my team in England but in no way would I claim to be every bit as much a West Ham fan as John Smith from Bethnal Green who goes to every match.

As a John Smith I must say that I have no allegiance to west ham whatsoever 

FTH

Decent result for the tribute act, much to my chagrin but If they do a season where they are good in Europe but less so domestically, that will suit us fine. 

Celtic sound like they are still meh so again, good if we take advantage and not Rangers. 

Shaping up to be some season. 

gerry mccauley
11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Well, I'm delighted with these results.  Levein is right.  Hope they meet in the final.  

Would be delighted if they drop at least 2 points at the weekend.  If St Mirren can do it, even Hibs might take points off them when their turn comes.

Agree.  If the Glasgow teams progress from the group stages, then they will drop points in the league, making  new league champions more likely.

12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

With their defence?Nope.

17 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Scott Brown should try and make himself a centre back in his later years. 

Yes please - Meet Uche ya fud

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Any Scottish team that goes to Villarreal  and gets a 2-2 draw deserves respect. You're away off piste with your comments but that probably fits with your agenda.

Rangers, deserve respect? 

On that note, I'm out. 

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Wee circle jerk over the Rangers on this thread from a few posters. 

Reach arounds-all round it would seem. 

Some posters can't bring themselves to give  Hearts credit, but are fast to give respect and credit to rangers. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

20 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Well if CL is quoted today as saying he hopes they play each other in the final that's good enough for me. Long may they both stay in as far as I'm concerned.

If that is a quote then it's not good enough for me. 

Sure, pick up some coefficient points for Scotland along the way, but one of them winning it ?

No no, that won't do !

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Does anyone think that Levein actually thinks we might have a chance to win the league this year?

I kind of do....

It's amazing what a good run can do. Good players become very good, great ones, even better.

Why not ?

By the time they both get punted out of Europe, we could be in a very good position.

It looks, even this early, that we could be competing in Europe again. Personally, I can't wait !

5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Rangers, deserve respect? 

On that note, I'm out. 

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No, he whispered it.

:) 

What I’ve noticed is when Hun/Sevco/Rangers get their act together, they are competitive in Europe. I think they have been to 4 finals in history. Their 2-2 at Villarreal seems to be typical of the results carved out- despite being apparently well beaten on the night!

They have my respect in being able to do this and I wish we could. It is 12 wins for Scots teams this season and the coefficient is higher than it has been for a very long time. Maybe we can get a good run on the back of it in coming seasons.

Also it’s win win for us, it knackers them and they will drop points in games following, they will rest players for upcoming Europa games. The longer they are both in, the better it is for us.

CL is right that the best outcome in playing each other in the final, not likely but the coefficient would go through the roof and a ECL group stage entry and one in the qualifiers. It is not likely BUT both have played in the Europa final quite recently.

most importantly we might be able to sneak up on them....